Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuperLobster
Oct 10, 2003

An average crustacean one day blessed with incredible powers!
Loving all the shepherd pictures. Here's a recent one of my 8-month and 3-month pups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resident Hero
Sep 27, 2005

The preciousness of invention lies in the lonely mind of a man.
Lucy loves cocaine, deal with it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

DWK posted:

That is one CUTE puppy.

Thanks, she's absolutely a handful right now but it's becoming rewarding. :)

SuperLobster posted:

Loving all the shepherd pictures. Here's a recent one of my 8-month and 3-month pups.

Wow, I had no idea there were white shepherds, [S]he is really pretty.

Here's some more of my own:

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

pik_d posted:

I love how puppies can be such tardos about stairs :)

My husband snapped this the other day in low light - you can see how the black side of Charlie's face kinda disappears, it's neat.

Belisama
Jan 5, 2011
How about those

Apologies for the quality, had to snap this with my cell phone before Buck decided to rip the too-small jersey off.

Edit: Thanks for the heads up!

Belisama fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 10, 2011

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

RazorBunny posted:

I love how puppies can be such tardos about stairs :)

Haha yeah, here's some from a few days ago:

Belisama posted:

How about those Ravens?

Apologies for the quality, had to snap this with my cell phone before Buck decided to rip the too-small jersey off.

This attachment didn't work, you'll have to rehost it somewhere. I suggest http://imgur.com/

Ikeano
Jan 10, 2011
One of my three cats, around 4 months old. Miley(the one in the picture), we gave them all M names as they have an M on there forehead. Miley, Macey, and Marco. So as you can tell, two females and a male. I will try an get the others on my computer asap.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

This is Charlotte.

inferis fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 10, 2011

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

This is Jessie, she's 17

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
We got 2 beagle puppies on Saturday.

Our cat Tippy was not very amused.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Trophy thinks she's decoration sometimes

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
The family cats:

Loki on the left, Max on the right.
We got both from the animal shelter, first Loki, then about Max about 2 years later. Loki was definitely a former house-cat. Max acts much more like a former feral cat, but as you can see, he's adapted pretty well. They get along great, except for the occasional scuffle.

The mighty hunter waits for his prey!

Elska
Jul 23, 2009
Here is Tardis Threepwood, Timelord Extraordinaire:

He loves to play Street Fighta

and stay warm in the winter

He sleeps like my grandpa

...but mostly he's just a big ol' jerk. :3

Fiction D
Jun 14, 2010

eh
My sheltie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeSAu6HTSDM

He's 15.

Ginny Field
Dec 18, 2007

What if there is some boy-beast running around Camp Crystal Lake?
Ever since Ginny learned how to shake, she's been doing it nonstop:

She's a total ham.

She will completely eviscerate any stuffed toy we give her in a matter of seconds, but is curiously gentle with toys belonging to Lexi (my grandparents' shepherd).

They took turns chewing on this bone... one of them would chew for a while, when the other had had enough she'd bark, and they'd switch places. It was cute.

House fulla dogs.

Edit: VVVV I love his freckly face! VVVV

Ginny Field fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 12, 2011

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

I love it when Major crosses his legs like a fancy man :3:

Click here for the full 720x900 image.

Click here for the full 900x720 image.

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal
I apologize beforehand for the low quality of my pictures.

Morning Surprise in my Bathroom Sink.

Click here for the full 697x523 image.

They'll give a driver's licenses to anybody.

Click here for the full 697x523 image.

edit:

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Here is Fluffy, or, as I like to call him, Fluff Bucket.
Unfortunately, my camera decided to focus on the cat-friendly couch instead of him, but you can still see his mass of fluff.
I also now realize I should have called him Cartman, because he is an rear end in a top hat and is big boned.

Here he is being a jerk and waiting for pets.

Looks exactly like my cat Driver if he kept his tail!

Click here for the full 768x576 image.

well HECK Phil fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 12, 2011

Sapphic Swordsaint
Dec 19, 2010

Those rare moments when my superiors show wisdom come perilously close to restoring my faith in the social order.
Meet Kabuki, age 7. She's quite indignant that I am daring to spend my time on SA rather than petting her.

Click here for the full 1000x750 image.

Meet Mai, age 4. Adopted when we moved to keep Kabuki company. She's the derpy one.

They come with lasers.

And like any good cat, they enjoy toys stuffed with :catdrugs:

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Here are some new photos of Cohen from our afternoon walk. She's 16 months old now, and is shaping up to be a pretty solid agility dog and a satisfactory couch potato. She loves the snow and acts like a puppy when she's off leash. Plus, the snow makes her look pretty.

slowspeedracer
Oct 6, 2007

This is Stella. She was a puppy mill breeder dog and is #10 according to the tattoo in her ear so they could keep track of her breeding. I picked her up from a local rescue group without a lot of background on her. Stella is 4 years old and I have had her for 3 months and have developed a 12 lb shadow that follows me around everywhere. Hobbies include sleeping 20 hours a day, eating and squeaky toys. Dislikes cold and snow but its Michigan, not much I can do about that.

pandasmustdie
Feb 2, 2005

He deserved it
This is Grumples McTank so named because he's got the world's grumpiest face and is a bit of a porker. He's 2 years old and had been living stray for a good chunk of those early years, despite the fact that he's FIV positive (feline version of HIV) and so has to be an indoor cat only for his own safety.

We adopted him from the Cats Protection in the UK just before Christmas and although his face never shows it, he is the world's happiest cat. Apparently he was taken from his mother too early because he still likes to suckle on us if we wear something soft like a bath robe, and he can't bear to be further than a metre away from at least one of us. It's heartbreaking, but adorable.

DWK
Sep 18, 2009

pandasmustdie posted:

This is Grumples McTank so named because he's got the world's grumpiest face and is a bit of a porker. He's 2 years old and had been living stray for a good chunk of those early years, despite the fact that he's FIV positive (feline version of HIV) and so has to be an indoor cat only for his own safety.

We adopted him from the Cats Protection in the UK just before Christmas and although his face never shows it, he is the world's happiest cat. Apparently he was taken from his mother too early because he still likes to suckle on us if we wear something soft like a bath robe, and he can't bear to be further than a metre away from at least one of us. It's heartbreaking, but adorable.

I hope Grumples brings you many years of happiness, he's adorable.

As a Cat's Protection volunteer and someone who's last cat had both FIV and FeLV (Feline Leukemia), I am always blown away by the bravery of people who take on FIV cats. A lot of people write them off, but they can make wonderful cats and live long and happy lives.

This is Art who was abused by his owner and went feral. When we got him he was short 20 teeth and had badly infected gums (even after they healed, he couldn't close his mouth), he had huge patches of fur missing, hadn't been castrated and had FIV and FeLV. Although he was only about 10 when he died and we only had him for two years, he was the most giving cat I've ever owned. And he always looked apologetic when he made a mess eating his dinner. I like to think we gave him a happy home for the rest of his life.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

My husband entered a costumed pet photo contest with this picture of Husker in one of our Battlestar Galactica uniforms. Unfortunately he lost to a dog who was much less cute.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
New kitten, Vanilla Bear ^_^

Click here for the full 1140x855 image.

Click here for the full 2010x1494 image.

Click here for the full 1729x1296 image.

(SA hosting not quite working at the moment sorry about the red X)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Big Bug Hug fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 17, 2011

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Loving all these pictures!

Here are my two kitties, they arrived on my doorstep as stray kittens just over a year ago. Turns out they came from my next door neighbour who has 9 raucous children mostly under the age of 10, the kittens were terrified and as soon as someone opened a door they bolted.

They came to me when I started constantly hearing cat cries in the middle of the night, went outside one day and found one skinny kitten mewing. I scared up a tin of tuna and a bowl of water and the kitten went straight for the water first. :( He hung around nervously for a little while and disappeared back into the night. The very next morning I heard more mewing and went outside to find he had come back and brought his sister with him! :3

They lived semi-feral for a while, taking food and living in my outbuilding but eventually worked up the nerve to move in properly. They absolutely adore me and my partner but are still really scared of other people. I think they pictures show how relaxed and happy they are now. Oh and my neighbour? She wasn't in the slightest bit bothered and the following week bought a saint bernard puppy. That lasted about a month and then she got some more kittens, who also mew on my doorstep.

Oops sorry for the long post, I did mean to make a thread about them at the time but it was a very busy period.

This is Poika (finnish for boy, we just called them the boy and the girl for ages and that one sort of stuck).

Click here for the full 1820x1024 image.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

This is his sister Biffers (originally called Buffy but it stuck) chilling with my elderly jack russell/border collie cross.

She loves to be in the kitchen sink.

She also sleeps like a drunken bum.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

pants cat posted:

:psyduck:

Showed up at work today, reeking of kitten snot and stinky butt. Couldn't be happier.

This is Arthur:

This is Ford:

Arthur has no tail, and Ford has half of one:

People keep asking "what's your obsession with cats who have messed up tails?" and I don't know, but they're awesome. Ford's half tail flicks around and hits things. Arthur tries to use his nub for balance but instead swings his rear end around wildly when he walks. I think I'm in love :3:

meastwoo
Jan 11, 2007

My cat Ted. He's a viscious beast. Last week: rabbit. Week before that: pigeon. He is 1 year old :3:

Rest of the set here.

The Prismatic Goth
May 31, 2001

This is Marvin.

(Yeah I have red satin drapes in my living room, what of it.)

This is Marvin watching TV.

I found some of Marvin's kitten pictures, and holy poo poo he's grown a lot:

And this is my Flickr set dedicated to Marvin http://www.flickr.com/photos/celiadraws/sets/72157625864891060/ :v:

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

FlyingFish posted:

This is Marvin.

(Yeah I have red satin drapes in my living room, what of it.)

The drapes make the room, man.

Is that Marvin in your avatar?

Medusula
Aug 8, 2007

This is Sylvanas. We got her at 9 months old and up to that point she had been stuck in a yard with two dobermans using her as a toy - she is about 7 inches tall and most of it is fur. Sylvanas thinks she's a cat, shuns non-human food and hates the outdoors, even at the very suggestion of a walk she will start shaking uncontrollably and wee herself in fear.

On the left we have Daisy my 7 month old short haired Border collie pup. She's from working stock and was the runt of the litter. Neurotic, totally ball obsessed, a chewer and very hard work.

On the right we have the reason for the de-lurk. On Wednesday the pros and cons list was done, opinions had been sought and it was finally decided that Daisy needed a companion.
I decided to go to the animal sanctuary in our area who take in all the strays found by the dog warden rather than the RSPCA because it's much harder for them to find a home. As an example a rottweiler from the RSPCA costs £175 and will be taken home in a few days, the last one the sanctuary had was there for 6 months and they just wanted a £80 donation.

Friend and I went up there and was introduced to Jonty (on the right) I fell for him as soon as I saw him, we were told that he had been in there 4 months - when he first comes out of his cage he's all bouncy which put everyone off. Poor sod.
He's a massive dog but sadly he's very underweight, when he was first brought in by the warden he was nothing but skin and bone poor thing. He's absolutely chilled out and follows me everywhere with a "don't leave me" look on his soppy face. Only real problem he has is that he has clearly never been on a lead before, he's house broken, loves all people and knows sit and recall.

Here's a short clip of him playing happily with Daisy and generally being awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TorGNNNmF4w

The Prismatic Goth
May 31, 2001

wraithgar posted:

Is that Marvin in your avatar?

Indeed it is!

(here have another)

The Prismatic Goth fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Feb 3, 2011

waar
Sep 29, 2001
Marshawn Lynch doing what she does best

This Post Sucks
Dec 27, 2004

It Gave Me Splinters!
Dexter was enjoying his new bed this morning:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Farlow chillin' out in the kitchen, hoping for some food.

She's got some big paws

Belisama
Jan 5, 2011
PI, meet Dudley. Dudley, meet PI.

What in the world is that silver thing in your hand? More importantly, how yummy is the strap attached to it?

Absolute Evil
Aug 25, 2008

Don't mess with Mister Creazil!
Just because I walk past one food bowl does not mean you guys need to swarm like locusts.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Tried to get a picture of the 3 again...2 scattered and Elmer plopped down to pose..he loves the camera

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I had posted pictures of Sophie elsewhere, but never in this thread. So it's time to fix that.

This is Sophie, a pit bull terrier BOXER/GREYHOUND MIX.

Sup.

She was dropped off at a kill shelter when she was 4 months old, along with two of her brothers. All three were picked up by a rescue agency. Her two brothers were quickly adopted, but nobody wanted her. So she stayed with the foster for over a year.

Seriously guys, what the hell.

She's such an ugly dog.

I killed a tiger and now wear its skin as a trophy.

We fell in love the minute we met her. We've had her for three weeks now, and she's one of the smartest, sweetest, and relaxed dogs we've ever seen.

Why aren't you cuddling with me?

She's a great member of the family. We're still figuring a few things out (she's housetrained, but she doesn't know how to let us know she wants to go out), but everything has worked out well so far. She's very social, has never displayed even a hint of aggression towards humans, and is an absolute cuddle whore.

My life is SOOOO difficult now.

We wuvs her.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

This is Burger, and he has grown quite a bit since the last time I posted pictures.

This is how he sleeps. Every day.

Interesting fact, my dog was the inspiration for the character Slink in Toy Story.

And here he is with my cousin's puppy.

DWK
Sep 18, 2009
I was off work ill last week so took the opportunity to make new toys for ours cats. They always have homemade toys because it's so much cheaper then buying them in pet shops and I know what's in them that way. Plus our cats can ruin a toy in a matter of weeks and I'm just too lazy to keep going to the shop. When we adopted them, one of them had a polystyrene ball he used to chew on, no way is that good for a cat's digestion.

Here they are with their new catnip filled Meetkats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Click here for the full 2032x1524 image.

The blue one (named Ob-ee (blue in farsi)) died an hour ago due to cancer. Rest in peace, birdo, you're not in pain anymore. :unsmith:

• Locked thread