Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Eight Is Legend posted:

Heaviest band at their high school, no doubt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWnJfLFmqmg

I WANNA SEE YOU CRY, BITCH!

didn't even make it a minute through that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Eight Is Legend posted:

:psyduck:

I...actually enjoyed that :byodood:

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Haha at the risk of people on the internet thinking I have poo poo taste in music that was kind of alright and if the comments are true and the vocalist is 17 then christ, what a voice for that age.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hahaha.
Influences: Emmure.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Amazing what a little production can do to the blandest material possible.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
That video is hilarious.

I do like his voice though, even if it's a little monotonous

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

NarkyBark posted:

Amazing what a little production can do to the blandest material possible.

First thing I tried to do was find live footage of this band.

Of course there is none.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

-Atom- posted:

First thing I tried to do was find live footage of this band.

Of course there is none.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUTYrp8Qqks&feature=related

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

I like how his mic is seemingly turned off for the whole song. Anyway despite their ridiculousness I find myself really enjoying the song in the video and I get a kick out of how much the vocalist gets into it with the facial expressions and stuff despite not being imposing in the slightest :)

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

I stand corrected.

Homeboy needs to pack on some pounds though.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

^^^^

My friends and I watched this the other night and laughed our asses off repeatedly.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Eight Is Legend posted:

hahahaha

quote:

with "chocolate rain" guy on drums

:stare:

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

Here's another BTBAM teaser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktSpVJ6nrnU&feature=feedbul

the best part is Bruce Willis' dick

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005
So after buying Time of Grace, the album has a lot of potential to grow on me. The leaked poo poo I listened to wasn't all that great, but the title track and a couple others are pretty decent. A lot of softer stuff on it.

Anyone going to the first show in Baltimore on Feb 1? Hooray! Maybe they'll cover My Last Serenade :ohdear:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

ARCHITECTS HAS A NEW loving ALBUM :supaburn:

And it's really different. But it's also really, really good. The first time I heard this my roommate was listening to it on laptop speakers on the other side of the room and I was ilke "THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE ARCHITECTS THAT SOUNDS LIKE A lovely PIECE OF TURD!!!!!" turns out I was wrong. And you are wrong if you don't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H2JaF4KGGo

not THE best song on there but certainly one of them.

m3talh3ad posted:

So after buying Time of Grace, the album has a lot of potential to grow on me. The leaked poo poo I listened to wasn't all that great, but the title track and a couple others are pretty decent. A lot of softer stuff on it.

It grew on me too. At first I was annoyed that not all the songs sounded like "Strength in Numbers" but eventually I realized I liked almost all of it, although the southern-ish ballads are a bit egregious. It really takes some getting used to though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Disappointing as well. 2011 is off to a lovely start.
Everything reminds me of post hardcore from like 10 years ago. And not in a good, thursday-esque way.
Also why the gently caress does the singer put on this lovely accent? Aren't they from loving Brighton?

I listened to a More than life record from last year though and that's pretty rad.

E: gently caress! The end of that loving architects album has the most embarrassing remix thing I've ever heard.

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 27, 2011

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

A5H posted:

Disappointing as well. 2011 is off to a lovely start.
Everything reminds me of post hardcore from like 10 years ago. And not in a good, thursday-esque way.
Also why the gently caress does the singer put on this lovely accent? Aren't they from loving Brighton?

I listened to a More than life record from last year though and that's pretty rad.

E: gently caress! The end of that loving architects album has the most embarrassing remix thing I've ever heard.

:commissar:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Well, we still have a Born of Osiris and THA album coming out later this year to be disappointed by

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I'm glad that I actually like things so that I get to listen to new stuff all the time :cool:

Dog Paddle
May 1, 2007

by Ozma
I've been listening to this online radio station, Gen2.0. It's unsigned metalcore music pretty much, 24/7. It has good and bad stuff. Anyways, here is one of the bands I found (listen to death sky) http://www.purevolume.com/Skydavisny

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Just waitin for my unearth and trivium.

The Dirtyness
Sep 13, 2007
Architects peaked with Nightmares....I'll still listen to the new album to see if there's anything I like but judging from the song just posted I probably won't like much.

We still have the new Protest the Hero album (March 22!!!) and BTBAM so all is not lost.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

The Dirtyness posted:

Architects peaked with Nightmares....I'll still listen to the new album to see if there's anything I like but judging from the song just posted I probably won't like much.

We still have the new Protest the Hero album (March 22!!!) and BTBAM so all is not lost.

gently caress, I can't wait for some new Protest the Hero songs.

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.
I think it's been mentioned but I've been listening to Cynic a lot lately. The drummer (Sean Reinert) is phenomenal (and I don't play). Found them thru last.fm.

Love it.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
We're about due for another BDM album. They've been cranking em out every 2 years since 2003. Just sayin....

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

ChiliMac posted:

I think it's been mentioned but I've been listening to Cynic a lot lately. The drummer (Sean Reinert) is phenomenal (and I don't play). Found them thru last.fm.

Love it.

I like Cynic, but holy poo poo they seriously overdo it with the vocoder/autotune vocals.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

the Bunt posted:

I like Cynic, but holy poo poo they seriously overdo it with the vocoder/autotune vocals.

Well to be fair, this sort of thing was new and different in 1993 and it was at least SUPPOSED to sound robotic, not like the modern radio shitvocals.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Aren't As i lay dying in the studio also right now? Powerless Rise was pretty loving good :)

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005
Sorry for the repeat, but for any Baltimore area goons going to the Times of Grace show tonight at Bourbon Street, meet me at the bar I'll buy you a drink!

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Aren't As i lay dying in the studio also right now? Powerless Rise was pretty loving good :)

Oh sweet Jesus. If we see another album by them this soon I'll probably lose my loving mind.

Powerless Rise wasn't "pretty loving good", it wasn't "the best thing I've heard in a while", it was "the best loving album". As in ever.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

BiohazrD posted:

Oh sweet Jesus. If we see another album by them this soon I'll probably lose my loving mind.

Powerless Rise wasn't "pretty loving good", it wasn't "the best thing I've heard in a while", it was "the best loving album". As in ever.

There in the studio recording songs; but there being pretty cagey as to if its for a new album or not. I saw them answer a twitter question saying that they'll have a "Variety of new songs out later this year" but they didnt outright say if its an Album or EP or something else.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Am I the only one f5ing every lovely blog I can find hoping someone leaks the new Darkest hour? Savor the kill was average but Everyday disaster got the hype right back up.

Cheeze Kuyeh
Jul 5, 2008

i am monocle
You know the first few leaks will be the absolute worst quality. You'll be better off waiting.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
New Darkest Hour sounds incredible. Those two songs are dare I say, better than anything off of The Eternal Return. (cept Transcendence).

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
I thought The Eternal Return was solid with no real throwaway songs, not as good as undoing ruin or deliver us but still very good.

From the previews and the released songs, it sounds like they've gone for a more melodic sound that actually works for them.

Klaus Kinski fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 5, 2011

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The Eternal Return was great, it had the vibe and attitude of early Darkest Hour (the dreary feel of the EPs especially) with the aggression and musicianship of their later stuff. Brian McTernan really got the best out of John Henry's voice and a fairly straight capture of a 5150 tone on the guitars (what they sound like live, only slightly smoothed and thickened) and it fit the music perfectly.

The two new songs sound like half of the other metalcore bands when DH were making Undoing Ruin, mixed with the overall sound of Soilwork and a few old Darkest Hour riffs. The rhythm guitar tone sounds thin, the mids are scooped out and the treble is mixed down with the cymbals over it, but the lead tone sounds great. Most of the streams of songs seem to be compressed a lot though so I'll have to wait for the actual CD to complain about the production any more. The guitar solos sound amazing, they fit the songs and the band perfectly - Lonestar is absolutely the right guy for the band and has proven it by one album + 2 songs so far.

I just wish Peter Wichers would stay away from my favorite bands :smith:

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

Zodijackylite posted:

I just wish Peter Wichers would stay away from my favorite bands :smith:

Remember the good old days when Devin Townsend was producing their albums? Siiiiiggggghhh

I saw Darkest Hour so many times in between Undoing Ruin and Deliver Us. They put on one of the best shows I've seen. I'll never forget their show with Converge, The Red Chord, and Ringworm. Tickets were $8, I bruised every part of my body, cut my lip open, lost a shoe, and lost my voice for a week. Now Darkest Hour is coming around and co-headlining with born of Osiris. I skipped their last show because it was a co-headline with Emmure. I miss early '00s metalcore :smith:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Kevar posted:

I miss early '00s metalcore :smith:

Jesus christ dont start this poo poo.

Im sure the people of 2002 were saying "Boy i sure do miss the days of good ole swedish melodic death metal"

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

He's right though.
This deathcore movement is embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

A5H posted:

He's right though.
This deathcore movement is embarrassing.

Just ride it out for another year and it'll be replaced by another movement that everyone can bitch about :v: