Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
Does anyone know what time they are going to reveal the psychological exam results?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Levy also blamed Stern for Artie's suicide attempt in an interview.

This is what did it. His bitching about plugs was just the excuse they used. He went on and basically said Stern drove Artie to suicide and that was it. Bob's not a smart guy.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

DangerDummy! posted:

gently caress YOU GARY!

I tried finding a date for it on marksfriggin, but I couldn't narrow it down for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVNlH27rADI This rant by Artie is magical.
Holy loving lol. Attention all thread readers this is a pro-listen clip.

I wonder how hosed artie was?

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Streebs posted:

Does anyone know what time they are going to reveal the psychological exam results?

Before getting into the office (about 5 mins ago), they went to a commercial break, saying they would get into the results when they came back. So I'm thinking about 7:10am Est.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

They just started, Howard announced at most normal :woop:

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

AltronHGX posted:

They just started, Howard announced at most normal :woop:

Bullshit. Either it's rigged or everyone else is EXTREMELY hosed up.

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
I thought Langford would have been crazier.

Sam I Am
Aug 6, 2004

You're a lucky, lucky boy 'cause you know why? You get to drink from, the fire hose!

I Am a Keg. posted:

Also after hearing the Win John's Job collection, I wonder what lead to Sal getting hired after Richard won

I bet when John left, his overpaid salary was actually enough to pay for two superfans with low salary demands.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Jesus, I love these things. Robin always gets high-pitched crazy defensive and starts attacking everyone.

Robin talking to Howard: You had to go to 11 years of therapy 4 days a week just to get a LITTLE bit better than me! AHHAHAHAHAHAAHAcacklecacklecackle!!"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress Robin forever. How the gently caress hasn't anyone there pointed out that any time the Doctor had anything negative to say about Robin she just talked over her and acted like she knew better. I cringed when she told the Doctor not to talk to her.

All I wanted was for her to have been announced the most hosed up :negative:

Not to get all mad doctor cthulu but I wonder if she answered the questions truthfully or answered it the way she thought Mother Teresa would have to draw the least amount of flak her way

geera
May 20, 2003
For anyone curious, here's the crazy scale from least-crazy (but still crazy) to psychotic:

Howard
Steve Langford
Fred
Robin
Benjy
Scoresman

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

geera posted:

For anyone curious, here's the crazy scale from least-crazy (but still crazy) to psychotic:

Howard
Steve Langford
Fred
Robin
Benjy
Scoresman

What did Ronnie the Limo Driver rate? I missed the entire segment.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

MoreMetalBrian posted:

What did Ronnie the Limo Driver rate? I missed the entire segment.

He's the bottom one

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

The psych results should be on H101 right around 10AM (Eastern). Right when the live show is ending.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

geera posted:

Howard
Steve Langford
Fred
Robin
Benjy
Scoresman

This makes sense.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
There have been like eight live reads in the last ten minutes.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

burmart posted:

There have been like eight live reads in the last ten minutes.

I can't believe I actually heard "Robin, you know what's more miraculous than surviving a bullet in the head? REGIS"

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Crazy contest is starting on 101 now 10:23 am EST.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Holy poo poo. Robin is absolutely LIVID that she was not the most normal.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Robin was pretty upset but they just gently caress with Ronnie so bad and I imagine this will only continue in the coming days/weeks. He's so easy to rile up and this is just another thing.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
There is no way Howard is more normal than anyone in anything.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Based on the raw numbers, without evaluation, Robin tested crazier than Benjy.

I Am a Keg.
Sep 25, 2008

by T. Finn
The raw number in Robin's case is 34.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
So nobody was repulsed by the king of all psycho therapy's bad-winner attitude? His crowing and belittling of everyone else for not being the paragon of mental health his is made me cringe. I know he tried to play it off like he was joking or just saying it get them to seek help, but he meant it, all of it. What a twisted gently caress.

I wish Howard scored worst or second worst, his spiral of denial and self hatred would have been glorious. Instead we get Benji going on and on and on about the test. Though Robin attacking Howard was pretty sweet.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ehhh, I think he has every right to be thrilled and to brag about it and I'll tell you why.

The Doc even said he craves others' approval, attention, etc beforehand... He feels like he used to be incredibly damaged, perhaps beyond repair mostly due to his childhood and sought help to fix his issues. Now he goes to therapy and talks at length about how much it's helped him and is incredibly proud of it and his progress. Today on the show he just had a real licensed Doctor, unaffiliated with his shrink, come on the show that dispensed with a literal metric "score" that said "hey you're the least hosed up out of everyone here!!! :woop:".

He has every right to be happy. I would too if I were him :unsmith:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Howard did exactly what he did with the narcissism test which was answering what he thought was the normal answer instead of being honest.

People forget that Benji had the 2nd highest narcissism score. He's a nutjob.

I Am a Keg.
Sep 25, 2008

by T. Finn
I could see Benji doing the exact opposite of Howard and choosing the options that would make him seem the craziest.

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
Did anyone catch Howard all but admit to 3 day weeks on Piers Morgan? It was right as I flipped it on, but during the money discussion he justified the new contract being less money due to less hours? He then went on to spin it as more money, I guess due to less hours / same pay?

I'm not sure I'm willing to pay for 2 days a week worth of "Best of" elements from 1992 during my drive time.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Is the Piers Morgan interview out there on the web yet somewhere? Ive googled it a few times, cant find.

e: a bit of it here http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/showbiz/2011/01/18/piers.howard.stern.leno.cnn.html

Graviton v2 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 19, 2011

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

I Am a Keg. posted:

I could see Benji doing the exact opposite of Howard and choosing the options that would make him seem the craziest.

A question about the original narcissism test: did the test subjects know what they were being tested for? And for that matter, did they know what this most recent test was for?

In either case, I think it would have been more appropriate and led to more reliable results had they conducted it in some sort of 'blind' examination manner. If they know they're being tested to find out if they are crazy or not, the test subjects have got to be more susceptible to giving answers that are more in tune with what they think they should answer to appear 'normal' rather than what their instinctive answer would be.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Butthole Prince posted:

A question about the original narcissism test: did the test subjects know what they were being tested for? And for that matter, did they know what this most recent test was for?

They knew they were taking a test but had no idea Dr. Drew was going to publish the results and didn't find out until he showed up for an interview and told them about it. Their reaction was awesome.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Butthole Prince posted:

In either case, I think it would have been more appropriate and led to more reliable results had they conducted it in some sort of 'blind' examination manner. If they know they're being tested to find out if they are crazy or not, the test subjects have got to be more susceptible to giving answers that are more in tune with what they think they should answer to appear 'normal' rather than what their instinctive answer would be.

Agreed. I also didn't like that the woman who gave them the psych test admitted she's a huge fan of the show and has listened to them her whole life. I think it would have been much more appropriate to have someone who was unfamiliar with the show test them.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I thought the Piers Morgan interview was really good. Howard completely dominated him. He didn't seem nervous or uncomfortable at all with any question Piers threw out. Piers actually seems like a pretty weak interviewer. I think he assumed some of his questions would put Howard on the spot, but Howard brushed them off pretty easily. He's better than Larry King, but that's not really saying much.

I Am a Keg.
Sep 25, 2008

by T. Finn
I think Howard did really well with the interview, but the questions were weak as gently caress and mostly old news.

How many interviews have there been where Howard has discussed his small cock and the fact that he had a naked woman in his studio in 1984?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Looks like it's official that there are no plans to fill the Artie chair.

I missed it when it aired but caught it on the replay just now. Joey Boots asked Howard point blank if he was going to put anyone in. Howard said nope, he's enjoying it how it is right now and thinks it would be too crowded with another person.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

heavy liquid posted:

Looks like it's official that there are no plans to fill the Artie chair.

I missed it when it aired but caught it on the replay just now. Joey Boots asked Howard point blank if he was going to put anyone in. Howard said nope, he's enjoying it how it is right now and thinks it would be too crowded with another person.

If they put someone in the chair then they (sirius) have to pay for them to be there. No way in hell they are going to spend anymore money at this point.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Piers Morgan is a retard. I kept waiting for Howard to stop and say "wait a second Piers, have you ever once listened to my show?"

I laughed so hard when Piers tried to ask about Howards neurosis-ridden, hermit lifestyle as if its some sort of embarrasing revelation. He kept bringing up stuff like that, as if he really expected Howard to get flustered by it.

Any casual Stern fan could have sat with Piers and told him in advance all the slick answers Howard was going to give. The problem was Piers went in with this adversarial attitude, but he's way too much of a pussy to really go balls out with it so it comes off as incredibly lame.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Maybe it was the same old interview because it's the same old Howard. He hasn't really changed or had anyone to butt heads with since ... Jay Leno? heh.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Moniker posted:

Maybe it was the same old interview because it's the same old Howard. He hasn't really changed or had anyone to butt heads with since ... Jay Leno? heh.

If thats the case then its Piers Morgans fault for not adjusting to the fact that all his questions were stale as poo poo.

Instead of the whole "lets go at each other and get as outrageous as possible" style, he should have tried to really get in depth with Howard about the show and the thought processes behind creating it. Thats whats missing from mainstream consciousness regarding Howard. Its also why I love History of Howard, the insight into the thinking that creates the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Wait, Bubba is not talking to Janey Cakes anymore and is talking to Doug Clem? I haven't listened to the show for a while, anyone know whats up (until we start a new Bubba thread...)