Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Ok, I'm about ready to throw this Slide through a loving window. 4 hours later I'm still on square zero. It's on the latest OTA and I can't get the exploit method to work. I want this thing on CM. Anyone have an idiot's guide? For the love of God please.

Rooting the slide BLOWS.

Throw that poo poo through a window. It's worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potentiometer
Dec 31, 2006

Moogs posted:

What are you guys using in terms of clock/weather widget on CM7? I had the Weather Channel's widget on there, but it seems to have broken... SiMi Clock Widget doesn't seem to work, either.

Im using Fancy Widget Pro with MicroMods GB, works great no problems, best part, you should easily be able to check it out within the 15 min return time frame.
Will work with either WeatherBug, or Google weather, I think I paid 2 bucks for it.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Moogs posted:

What are you guys using in terms of clock/weather widget on CM7? I had the Weather Channel's widget on there, but it seems to have broken... SiMi Clock Widget doesn't seem to work, either.

Beautiful Widgets.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.

Moogs posted:

gTabSiMiClock 2x1, Beautiful Weather 1x1, Circle Battery
Beautiful Weather 4x1
Extended Controls
Pure Calendar
SiMi Folder

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Ok, I'm about ready to throw this Slide through a loving window. 4 hours later I'm still on square zero. It's on the latest OTA and I can't get the exploit method to work. I want this thing on CM. Anyone have an idiot's guide? For the love of God please.

I think I used the "exploid method for OTA 1.35.531.1" from here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=TMobile_myTouch_Slide:_Full_Update_Guide

I remember having to turn WiFi on and off.

EDIT: Scratch that. I think this one was closer to what I did: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754020

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Motorola's original Droid is open.
The Droid Incredible is made by HTC and I believe is easily hacked.
The Droid X and Droid 2 both have locked bootloaders that have not been cracked, but both phones have been rooted and can have something very similar to a custom ROM installed (I believe just the kernel can't be changed, but kernel-modifying scripts can be run during runtime).

That's a little disappointing

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Sizzlechest posted:

I think I used the "exploid method for OTA 1.35.531.1" from here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=TMobile_myTouch_Slide:_Full_Update_Guide

I remember having to turn WiFi on and off.

EDIT: Scratch that. I think this one was closer to what I did: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754020

I did my wife's a few months back using the cyan wiki instructions without issue. I think the other guy may have had problems getting adb working, which would make it nearly impossible to make progress with anything else.

As long as ADB is working, both the methods linked are as simple as following a recipe, given that you understand basic directory principles.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Civil posted:

As long as ADB is working, both the methods linked are as simple as following a recipe, given that you understand basic directory principles.

I haven't tried this, but there's one method that can be done completely on the phone without adb at all: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=896148

silloh
Sep 5, 2008
I have a question regarding flashing my Evo 4G to CM7. I have the Nandroid and Titanium back-ups, and I came across this tutorial on the Cyanogenmod Wiki.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=HTC_Evo_4G:_Full_Update_Guide

Should I follow these instructions absolutely? I haven't heard of flashing the Engineering SPL or flashing the radio being necessary in any of the forum posts/guides I've read in the past.

Is this unique to CM7? If I decide to go with another ROM, like Miui, Fresh, etc. are there other things I would need to be concerned about?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I'm running CM 6.1 - how can I take the battery indicator out of the status bar?

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Zarkov Cortez posted:

That's a little disappointing

Then you're really not going to like this.

Personally, I plan to follow their advice.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right
Is anyone running CM7 on an HTC G2/Vision/Desire Z? I just installed it tonight but found that WiFi wasn't working and my GApps install didn't seem to work either. I figured at that point I didn't care enough to mess with it and just restored my previous backup of CM6.1.1.

I'm really just curious to see if anyone else has it running.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Hog Obituary posted:

Is anyone running CM7 on an HTC G2/Vision/Desire Z? I just installed it tonight but found that WiFi wasn't working and my GApps install didn't seem to work either. I figured at that point I didn't care enough to mess with it and just restored my previous backup of CM6.1.1.

You need to manually flash Clockworkmod 3 to install, or else poo poo will be broken.

ref: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=916796

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Ok, so I swapped out my Evo for one with a working headphone jack, which means on this one i actually care about my WiMax keys. I want to flash to the latest CM7 nightly. Last time I just downloaded and installed through ROM Manager. Should I do that this time, or will i lose the 4G keys?

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

ZShakespeare posted:

You need to manually flash Clockworkmod 3 to install, or else poo poo will be broken.

ref: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=916796

:downs: Duh, I knew that. Haha. Silly me.
I'll give it another go. :)

BathroomTile
Jun 4, 2005

Just your run-of-the-mill bathroom tile.

Penguissimo posted:

Other people pointed this out, I think in another thread, but Motorola turned their back on this:

http://www.androidcentral.com/motor...androidcentral+(Android+Central)

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Hog Obituary posted:

Someone mentioned to me earlier that its a known bug with wifi. Try to reboot the phone, apparently that'll fix wifi.

I did the same thing.. Wifi didn't work and I don't have cell coverage, so I went back to 6.1.. I plan to try it again tomorrow.

edit: it was ratbert90.

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

deong posted:

Someone mentioned to me earlier that its a known bug with wifi. Try to reboot the phone, apparently that'll fix wifi.

I did the same thing.. Wifi didn't work and I don't have cell coverage, so I went back to 6.1.. I plan to try it again tomorrow.

edit: it was ratbert90.

Hmm, yeah, I installed the new clockwork mod and now my GApps worked, but my WiFi didn't. A reboot fixed it though... so hooray, now I'm on CM7

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

Penguissimo posted:

Yeah that's why I was asking

also this is the later facebook response,
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=495971028278

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning.
Im thinking about rooting my htc desire, Mainly because I keep running out of internal storage. Ideally I'd like to be able to use part of my SD card as internal storage if that's possible, but if not I just want to be able to use titanium backup to backup app data. I'd rather avoid a rom that is written from scratch and potentially unstable and just go for the most basic one with the highest chance of success (ie not bricking my phone). What should I be using is the unrEVOked method mentioned in the OP my best bet?

Also If I do this will I still be able to receive android updates or will I have to roll the phone back to stock and then reinstall a new rom afterwards?

Hog Obituary
Jun 11, 2006
start the day right

Hog Obituary posted:

Hmm, yeah, I installed the new clockwork mod and now my GApps worked, but my WiFi didn't. A reboot fixed it though... so hooray, now I'm on CM7

So I encountered a weird SMS issue that I'm not sure is the Android SMS Bug (tm). I sent an SMS to Contact A (first SMS sent on CM7, so there were no messages in the history or anything). I couldn't get to the thread through the SMS app. I had to go to the contacts and then tap the SMS icon on Contact A to find the thread. Then I received an SMS from Contact B. Weirdly the SMS app now showed a thread where the message I sent to Contact A and the message I received from Contact B where both in the same thread only labeled with Contact B's name. Anyway, this was frightening enough for me to go back to CM6... where I've never ever encountered any SMS issues.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Ah, man. Tried flashing CM7 vision build 6. No hardware keyboard and soft/touch buttons don't work either. Had this problem on 6.1 and flashed some keyboard update. Still no go. Had to go back to an old CWM recovery and restore my 6.1 so I could use my phone.

My Desire Z is a Scandinavian model. Any ideas on this CM7 issue?

Moogs
Jan 25, 2004

Proceeds the Weedian... Nazareth
If I'm running CM7 nightly from two nights ago and want to upgrade to last night's, do I need to do anything special? I don't wipe the settings or whatever, right? Also, do I need to install Google Apps again?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Moogs posted:

If I'm running CM7 nightly from two nights ago and want to upgrade to last night's, do I need to do anything special? I don't wipe the settings or whatever, right? Also, do I need to install Google Apps again?

Don't wipe the data/cache, do reinstall Google Apps.

infinite99
Aug 9, 2006

ANY OF YALLS DICKS HARD??

Moogs posted:

All I do is wipe the cache and the dalvik cache under advanced settings and flash in the new build and everything works fine for me.

I haven't reinstalled GApps in quite a while either. Just the first time when I flashed CM7 a week ago.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
I installed CM7 build 5 last night on my incredible, and it's mostly working fine, but I can't add a facebook sync account. I can add other types of accounts, but when I select facebook it just goes back to the general sync settings screen. Does anyone have any idea why?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

g0del posted:

I installed CM7 build 5 last night on my incredible, and it's mostly working fine, but I can't add a facebook sync account. I can add other types of accounts, but when I select facebook it just goes back to the general sync settings screen. Does anyone have any idea why?

You have Facebook installed, right?

Install Catlog or aLogCat off the market, attempt to add the account, then grab the logcat and look for errors.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

infinite99 posted:

All I do is wipe the cache and the dalvik cache under advanced settings and flash in the new build and everything works fine for me.

I haven't reinstalled GApps in quite a while either. Just the first time when I flashed CM7 a week ago.

I flashed CM7 via Rom Manager without GApps and I lost Market.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

woodhead posted:

Hmm, I didn't wait and installed the newest Axura? rom from yesterday. Unfortunately I did restore system data with TB, what kind of problems will that cause (what exactly is system data) and should I re-install the rom? It is working fine, btw. I also went ahead and installed the KA6 modem and it works great too.

What's up fellow Vibrant owner? I got mine about a week ago, loving it so far. I tried out Axura, ended up not liking it. Right now I'm running Nero4.1 TWE and it works very good. I still want to try some others out, but I like this one.

I have a couple general questions. Is nandroid sort of like Norton Ghost, in that it just saves an image of everything and can be flashed back to the phone anytime later with everything just the way you left it? What does Titanium Backup classify as "system data"? Is there an easy way to save my homescreen setup (Using Zeam launcher), so that when I load a new ROM I don't have to redo everything?

Primworm
Aug 19, 2008

Six pokeballs, more than enough to catch anything that moves.

CloFan posted:

What's up fellow Vibrant owner? I got mine about a week ago, loving it so far. I tried out Axura, ended up not liking it. Right now I'm running Nero4.1 TWE and it works very good. I still want to try some others out, but I like this one.

I have a couple general questions. Is nandroid sort of like Norton Ghost, in that it just saves an image of everything and can be flashed back to the phone anytime later with everything just the way you left it? What does Titanium Backup classify as "system data"? Is there an easy way to save my homescreen setup (Using Zeam launcher), so that when I load a new ROM I don't have to redo everything?

Yes thats exactly what a nandroid is, an image of your phone exactly as it is at the time you make it. As far as Titanium backup, it varies from phone to phone/rom to rom what is classified as system data, but its contacts/SMS messages/settings. If you backup the data for Zeam Launcher(I assume its an app?) it should restore your setup exactly as it was minus widgets, you will have to reset those yourself due to how android works.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Cool, thanks! Does TB backup the standard android desktop? it never seemed to for me. I'm talking about the shortcuts to apps and settings (such as number of screens, which one is the main one, etc)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sizzlechest posted:

Ok, finally got this working and I'm booting into CM 6.1 as we speak. I haven't done the whole ENG S-OFF thing so it wipes the recovery every time I reboot but at this point I don't loving care. It works. I'll just keep an update.zip of clockwork on the card.

Jesus gently caress me that was a pain in the rear end. Thanks for the Slide links guys.

Primworm
Aug 19, 2008

Six pokeballs, more than enough to catch anything that moves.

CloFan posted:

Cool, thanks! Does TB backup the standard android desktop? it never seemed to for me. I'm talking about the shortcuts to apps and settings (such as number of screens, which one is the main one, etc)

If you backup all system data I don't see why it wouldn't, but I have always used ADW/LPP so those settings have their own option. After you restore the system data restart the phone and see, I remember when I first was using TB I restored system data, my screens and texts stayed the same, then a day or so later i restarted my phone and it was restored to the backup point and I lost everything I did in the previous day.

soru
Apr 27, 2003

The Red God has his due, sweet girl, and only death may pay for life.
The LauncherPro update with transitions is out. It's dramatically smoother than ADW.ex's on my Incredible for some reason.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

soru posted:

The LauncherPro update with transitions is out. It's dramatically smoother than ADW.ex's on my Incredible for some reason.

For some reason I'm kinda blown away with how smooth they are. (Evo here)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ddogflex posted:

For some reason I'm kinda blown away with how smooth they are. (Evo here)

Me too which is doubly surprising for my N1's lovely GPU.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Is there a Clockworkmod 3 for Nexus 1? I can't seem to find it unless I'm just blind and stupid

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Moeru posted:

Is there a Clockworkmod 3 for Nexus 1? I can't seem to find it unless I'm just blind and stupid

The latest Clockwork Recovery available for the N1 is 2.5.1

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Ok, so I swapped out my Evo for one with a working headphone jack, which means on this one i actually care about my WiMax keys. I want to flash to the latest CM7 nightly. Last time I just downloaded and installed through ROM Manager. Should I do that this time, or will i lose the 4G keys?

The newest AmonRA and Clockworkmod 3.0.x.x will nandroid your WiMax keys, so you don't have to worry about that anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

BathroomTile posted:

Other people pointed this out, I think in another thread, but Motorola turned their back on this:

http://www.androidcentral.com/motor...androidcentral+(Android+Central)

Huh, interesting. Definitely a reversal of what seems to have been a long-standing policy. I'll be interested to see what they come out with, but they've ruffled enough feathers that they won't get too far if they attach any ridiculous policies or pricetags to their "developer" phone.