Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This song parody battle bullshit is stupid as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Squashy Nipples posted:

Hearing those clips of Robin in the hall after the psych test segment was loving GOLD. The intensity of her denial is scary.

whoa, are there any clips up on youtube? I missed it !

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
The Peirs Morgan interview was great, Howard was awesome. Im ashamed of my fellow country-man Piers daring to suggest that people in the UK think he is the king of uk media. We dont think that at all, we think he is a tosser who breifly edited the Daily Mirror, a lovely tabloid.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Graviton v2 posted:

Im ashamed of my fellow country-man Piers daring to suggest that people in the UK think he is the king of uk media.

CNN should of hired Jeremy Kyle :)

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

chiz posted:

whoa, are there any clips up on youtube? I missed it !

First half hour of today's show.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Viktor posted:

CNN should of hired Jeremy Kyle :)
Kyle at least has a bit of charisma in a Jerry Springer sort of way, Morgan is just a fat un-interesting muppet, what do you guys see in him?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Anybody catch hints of the Eric the Midget Presentation next week?

They're never going to let him on the show again, are they? They get their fill from the YouTube clips and past hits.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Back logging it, but in the first 2 minutes of the Ron Howard interview, he basically explains somebody on his team told him to call up Howard for the interview. I wonder if Gary is still going to stick that feather in his hat.

It's not considered getting somebody if they call you.

Also Howard was talking about American Idol and Steven Tyler, holy poo poo, is he crazy? That's going to ruin Aerosmith? It's going to make them not cool? What is this, the 90s? Aerosmith hasn't been "cool" for awhile, have they?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

Also Howard was talking about American Idol and Steven Tyler, holy poo poo, is he crazy? That's going to ruin Aerosmith? It's going to make them not cool? What is this, the 90s? Aerosmith hasn't been "cool" for awhile, have they?

Aerosmith hasn't been cool since they all went to rehab. (early 80s)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Graviton v2 posted:

Kyle at least has a bit of charisma in a Jerry Springer sort of way, Morgan is just a fat un-interesting muppet, what do you guys see in him?

Nothing. But Simon Cowell was interesting, and he had a british accent too... so......

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

AxeManiac posted:

Back logging it, but in the first 2 minutes of the Ron Howard interview, he basically explains somebody on his team told him to call up Howard for the interview. I wonder if Gary is still going to stick that feather in his hat.

It's not considered getting somebody if they call you.

Same with the Surprise Guest later this week. They called Dell'Abooey and asked if he could come on. Of course our Booey Booking is Joan Rivers again for the 50th time in the last 6 months.

EvilLemon
Sep 15, 2004
Squeeze me. I squirt.
Howard's appearance on the Piers Morgan Power Hour was great. Probably Howard's best interview in ages. When he's on Letterman, he tries too hard. This was nice and relaxed.

I am currently enjoying the thought that ETM knows exactly what he is doing and is a manipulative little bastard. He's building up to his big return to the show. I can't wait.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Did anyone catch the awesome Schuli interview with ETM? Eric has decided he's a movie reviewer so he thinks he should get movies for free.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Smeep posted:

Did anyone catch the awesome Schuli interview with ETM? Eric has decided he's a movie reviewer so he thinks he should get movies for free.

On a YouTube video he was asking people to give him Fandango and movie passes so he could review movies.

He's a shifty little fucker.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

-Atom- posted:

On a YouTube video he was asking people to give him Fandango and movie passes so he could review movies.

Yes! He literally said to Schuli that he knows that other reviewers don't have to pay for the movies they review, so he shouldn't have to either.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Jesus, from scoring hookers offa Howard to begging for free movie tickets of the internet.

I'm surprised it's taken so long but (as loving stupid as he is) shouldn't Eric have brokered something with Dennis Hoff (wait......gotta vomit)

....to get some more free pussy from the Bunny Ranch by going on Howard?

Jesus, if I were that little gently caress I would be brainstorming scenarios for such a thing.

Oh btw, does anyone have any pics of his caretaker "Jan"? That one guy Jerry who called in a few years ago saying that Eric disrupted the school by having handicapped ramps installed - he said that Eric had this big moron friend who carted him around, I'm curious about him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Oh poo poo, that's how businesses work? I just proclaim myself reviewer of x and I become instantly entitled for free copies of everything forever? How come no one ever told me this :doh:

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

AltronHGX posted:

Oh poo poo, that's how businesses work? I just proclaim myself reviewer of x and I become instantly entitled for free copies of everything forever? How come no one ever told me this :doh:

The fact that Eric believes this - and explains it so belligerently - is what makes Eric so great and I hope he comes back to the show soon. :allears:

edit:

H101 is playing the "You didn't celebrate my birthday properly" fight right now

Smeep fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 20, 2011

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

AltronHGX posted:

If he approached any PR firm and offered to review movies, chances are they would throw him a bone just for the free coverage, but he insist on asking random internet people for free poo poo. He does it all wrong.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Smeep posted:

Just came here to post this... probably over by now, but damned if this isn't one of Quiver's finest moments.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

chiz posted:

Jesus, from scoring hookers offa Howard to begging for free movie tickets of the internet.

I'm surprised it's taken so long but (as loving stupid as he is) shouldn't Eric have brokered something with Dennis Hoff (wait......gotta vomit)

....to get some more free pussy from the Bunny Ranch by going on Howard?

Jesus, if I were that little gently caress I would be brainstorming scenarios for such a thing.

This is why I think Eric the Midget isn't as cunning as we give him credit for. He might be setting up for another appearance on Stern's show, but if he was actually a good panhandler, he might still be getting his daily calls in. Keep in mind this little turd has an 89 IQ and has pretty much alienated everybody in his life through his behavior. Think about it: a few years ago he had a way into the Bunny Ranch for sex, he had Fratto promoting him, he had his own makeshift show that was getting hits, and he was a daily fixture on Stern's show and the fascination of Stern himself. With a little knowledge of how the adult mind works, the Midget could have spun this into something good. He wouldn't have made that much, but the fact that he could have gotten an honest acting career filling a niche and had close to a normal life was all negated by his personality flaws. Namely, that he has no idea how to be an adult or how to handle any sort of criticism at all.

Think about how he hosed up everything: he demanded his own way to the letter. He kept backing out of promises under completely fictional excuses. His entitlement is off the charts and the only reason he's still in the public eye right now is because he thinks he's being harassed. Eric the Midget, nearing middle-age, is a squatter version of a six year old boy throwing a tantrum in a Toys R Us. The only difference is that instead of having a parental figure to deal with it, it's a crowd of people trying to equate the proud dignity of most disabled people with the childish begging of a spoiled child and unable to separate pity from sheer disbelief. I honestly believe the day before he dies will be that moment when he realizes all of his 'fame' isn't admiration, but the fact that we're all in awe of what sort of freak he is both physically and emotionally. When he learns the world is laughing at him and can see right through him, his heart will give out. Seriously, this misshapen man who got incredibly lucky through a phone call will have a fatal heart attack when he matures to a middle-school level. That's how sad this whole thing is.

Honestly, there is no plan here. Eric the Midget should be Charity Case the Midget. There is no cunning mastermind trapped in a twisted body. He's just a pathetic young adolescent who has had the longest and luckiest childhood ever, and still refuses to grow up.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

This is why I think Eric the Midget isn't as cunning as we give him credit for.

I really don't think that anyone of us give him credit for cunning at all.

He isn't.

He found out that Howard would give him things based on his disability and his balls. Like a little mouse in a trap, or an ant, Howard picked him up, gazed and wondered upon this feisty little fellow. Eric didnt even see that he could prey upon that, only that if he got on the show and spouted off, he could get free things.

Eric doesnt get it or the show. He doesn't get that the joke is that HE'S the joke. As Howard would say "nobody's looking for him"

If Eric had any brains or cunning he would know this. He's just got this personality defect of taking himself way too seriously, his brain is as crippled as his loving fingers

He doesn't understand that with all his shows and appearances and whatnot, that people were laughing at him.

Sad stupid retarded gently caress and has nothing to do all day

and I love him

chiz fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 20, 2011

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Eric's lifespan is always in question. Because of this, I'm sure that since birth he's been coddled and has had his every need looked after and every wish granted.

He thinks he deserves things because that's how he's been raised. He wants something, someone feels sorry for him and gives it to him and he doesn't have to do a thing in return.

I wish they would have his parents on or someone that knew him well growing up that could shed some light on this.

On the other hand, he's just as smart as the rest of the Superfans and whack packers that have no scruples and have figured out how to do nothing in life but use other people up to get a free ride.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
You can't blame his parents for coddling him. He looks like he could fall apart at any second. You could assume he wouldn't have a good life and would of course want to coddle him and do the best you can to make him comfortable.

But just because somebody is disabled doesn't mean they instantly become a saint. I went to school with a bunch of disabled kids in gym class, half of them happened to be incredible assholes.

rear end in a top hat always over powers handicap.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Smeep posted:

Is this on YouTube? It sounds hilarious.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

-Atom- posted:

This, more than almost anything else in show history, showcases Robin's extreme narcissism and mental health issues. It is ridiculous what she thinks she's entitled to just because it is her birthday. I think if you had to pull one clip to show a non-fan just how insane she is, you give them that one.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

-Atom- posted:

I missed that today and haven't heard it in a long time. I would LOVE to hear this - especially in light of Robin's reaction to the test.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I remember listening to that live. It was also a week of great stories about the party Jackie had for Robins birthday. I think that may have also had the story where Jackie passes out in the hallway and people kept opening the door into his head.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

The artie/high pitch mike goes to disney world segments was one of the funniest things ever, just go to listening to it again.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

The artie/high pitch mike goes to disney world segments was one of the funniest things ever, just go to listening to it again.
*high pitch*
I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your home on the
wedding day of your daughter. And may their first child be a masculine child.
*/high pitch*

e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU7bZtB4GKw :)

Graviton v2 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 21, 2011

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Here's the birthday fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ascrsXkn4dk

Not the best quality, but yeah... this illustrates Robin's 34 in full effect. "I don't think my gift is appropriate."

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

heavy liquid posted:

Here's the birthday fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ascrsXkn4dk

Not the best quality, but yeah... this illustrates Robin's 34 in full effect. "I don't think my gift is appropriate."

That is the cackle of an extremely unbalanced person.

"HAHAHAHA"

stop

"HAHAHAHA"

stop...and repeat.

That laugh gave me the chills!

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

Artie's laugh kills me. It made those types of conversations way funnier than they probably really should have been. That's one thing the show definitely lost. It's still funny, but there aren't those moments that build up into something really hilarious where everyone listening is laughing. The Ash Wednesday Story is a good example. It's a generally amusing story on its own, but Howard and Artie cracking each other up so much that they both eventually lose it is what makes it a classic.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Don't forget Artie's impression of Chaz Bono: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdePPSq2duM

dawunderboy
Aug 9, 2009

Smeep posted:

Yes! He literally said to Schuli that he knows that other reviewers don't have to pay for the movies they review, so he shouldn't have to either.

This is why I love Eric, everything he does he immediately becomes a professional and demands to be treated as such. Two lines on American Dreams? I can now pick and choose my roles, you think Tom Cruise does things he doesn't want to do? Duggie the Puggie is done, i'll just sit back and wait for the book deals, and you have to earn the right to hear my story.

I'm glad he's off the show because Artie helped make Eric the great caller he was, but I still love the little poo poo.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

I just read through this thread and it made me miss Artie so much more. One of my most favorite moments on the show is like, at 10:30 Howard and Artie are just blasting AC/DC or Led Zep and Artie is belting it out as loud as he can and Howard is just trying to keep up. Its a shame the show has really gone downhill like this, there's only 2 radio guys that are even worth listening to nowadays. Howard and Kidd Chris, that's about it.

Godinster posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDQfFWh-kzM&feature=related

I miss Artie. I forgot how much I love this clip

That is amazing.

I Brake For MILFs fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 21, 2011

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Don't forget Artie's impression of Chaz Bono: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdePPSq2duM

Wow, it feels like it was last week when I heard this and it was 14 months ago. The past year without Artie was really forgettable.

Gibbon
Feb 22, 2004
chang chang!
all these clips of Artie make me miss him so much, pretty sure I'd be better off listening to an archive off the years he was on sirius than the current shows - SoNg PArODY BaTtlE and JoAn loving RIVErS

and then Howard says he has no interest in filling the Artie/Jackie chair, he's loving insane

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Well it looks like it really may be the end of the line for Bubba on H101.
Adam Carolla announced on his podcast this morning that he will be syndicating his show to H101.
The show is going to be now 2 hours. It will still be available as a podcast. It will have commercials on Sirius. He said it was just an 'experiment' to start out.

I love Adam and listen to his podcast daily, but I just dont get this move. Sirius is still trying to get people to pay for a show that the can get for free elsewhere.
Very strange business plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Well it looks like it really may be the end of the line for Bubba on H101.
Adam Carolla announced on his podcast this morning that he will be syndicating his show to H101.
The show is going to be now 2 hours. It will still be available as a podcast. It will have commercials on Sirius. He said it was just an 'experiment' to start out.

I love Adam and listen to his podcast daily, but I just dont get this move. Sirius is still trying to get people to pay for a show that the can get for free elsewhere.
Very strange business plan.

I am too lazy to go download a podcast. However, I'll probably listen on H101 because it requires less effort on my part.