Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

SeanBeansShako posted:

I don't hate either man :(.

I only like things that are too niche for me to even have heard of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

10 o'clock Live starts tonight on Channel 4, with Charlie Brooker, David Mitchell, Jimmy Carr, and Lauren "I'm only here so this thing isn't a complete sausagefest" Laverne.

Will My Crash Diet Kill Me? was pretty decent last night, showed lots of good examples of why people are retarded when it comes to dieting, although it would have been good to have a catch up with the 3 dieters a few months later when they inevitably put back on their weight because they didn't understand anything about diet or nutrition.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Brown Moses posted:

10 o'clock Live starts tonight on Channel 4, with Charlie Brooker, David Mitchell, Jimmy Carr, and Lauren "I'm only here so this thing isn't a complete sausagefest" Laverne.
Oh, thanks for the heads up on that, sounds cool. Consider me tuned in.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.

Brown Moses posted:

Will My Crash Diet Kill Me? was pretty decent last night, showed lots of good examples of why people are retarded when it comes to dieting, although it would have been good to have a catch up with the 3 dieters a few months later when they inevitably put back on their weight because they didn't understand anything about diet or nutrition.

I'm looking forward to this too, hope it isn't poo poo! I need this in my life with the daily show getting axed and HIGNFY being a bit pants

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Getting some decent satire on the box is vital, and we managed to get telefantasy back so who knows? I just hope Brooker can whip them into shape and Carr brings his A-game instead of just being snidey about disabled people.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Psybro posted:

The director did a feature film called Bunny and the Bull which was really good and showed what he could do with his own script but nobody saw it except me, my housemate and the two other people in Cineworld at 11 on that Friday evening.

Bunny and the Bull was great, a real visual treat.

Though, it has to be admitted that Julian Barratts cameo was one of the best bits.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
They've been seeking 'your opinion' tweets via their Twitter feed.

forbush99 posted:

@10oClockLive Cameron is pledging to protect the NHS. From what? Himself? Will he be saying to the NHS "why do you keep hitting yourself?"

stevesplan posted:

#10oclocklive NHS reforms - out patients will become "stay out" patients and in patients will become "impatience"

Comedy gold! :haw:

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Fatty posted:

Bunny and the Bull was great, a real visual treat.

Though, it has to be admitted that Julian Barratts cameo was one of the best bits.

Looks like I've accounted for both of the other people who saw it, then.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I hope that this 10 O'clock Live mentions current things that are being reported on by actual news stations. Things like the flu thing because it's just been on the news again and it's still disgusting that there are such obvious attempts to make it out to be bigger than it is.

You wanna know how many people died of flu over christmas? Just stated by the news: 40.

It wasn't made clear whether that was just Scotland or the UK as a whole, but here's a little breakdown:

UK
40 out of approximately 61,838,154 = (0.00006%)

Scotland
40 out of approximately 5,168,500 = (0.0007%)

Yup, sounds like something we should definitely be concerned about and something that the Scottish BBC health correspondant should say "we're not out of the woods yet" for. :rolleyes:

Ugh, gently caress it, it's switched off now and i'm never watching it again :colbert:

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
Was it this same four who did the Alternative Election Coverage? I quite enjoyed that. Also, to (predictably) go against the grain I actually quite like Lauren Laverne , but then again I am quite a smug douchebag.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

I loving hate the news media. If I ever completely lose it and decide to go on a killing spree, they're secondary targets after the politicians.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Flatscan posted:

I loving hate the news media. If I ever completely lose it and decide to go on a killing spree, they're secondary targets after the politicians.

Don't forget those Marketing and Advertiser cunts as well. I'd kill them slowly.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
254 flu deaths in the UK from "this outbreak".
The BBC report includes the important numbers in the middle of their online report.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12238404 posted:

Of those who have died, 195 were infected with the H1N1 swine flu virus.

Four in five were among people from an "at risk" group - but many had not received their jab this season.

Assuming the percentages flow, H1N1 has killed 40 people who weren't considered "at risk". Brooker normally likes pointing out media panic at things like this.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

N3RDSTER posted:

Also, to (predictably) go against the grain I actually quite like Lauren Laverne , but then again I am quite a smug douchebag.

How the hell can someone not like Lauren Laverne?

sunday brunch
Dec 31, 2008

Junkenstein posted:

because she isn't a sarcastic male comedian. and she has a vagina.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

goatface posted:

254 flu deaths in the UK from "this outbreak".
The BBC report includes the important numbers in the middle of their online report.

Assuming the percentages flow, H1N1 has killed 40 people who weren't considered "at risk". Brooker normally likes pointing out media panic at things like this.

He wrote an article in his Guardian website section when swine flu started about how he wasn't going to criticise news coverage of it at that stage. I don't know wether he's changed his mind or not though.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet

Flatscan posted:

I'll be backing you up on this bro

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Junkenstein posted:

It's not that people don't like Lauren Laverne, it's just that some people would rather maybe have another funny person to go with the other funny people.

Although, having said that, in the Alternative Election Night show none of them were particularly funny.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I always found Lauren Laverne quite funny. Kenickie interviews always made me laugh.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Here we go I guess.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Paying them the bonus is good because of the tax huh? Then why don't you just pay 100% of the bonus as a tax for being dicks?

Megaterium
May 5, 2009

Oh no! They're biting him, and stealing his pants!
Holy poo poo, David Mitchel is on fire.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Cost the economy over a trillion! ... probably ...

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
'Who is Sarah Palin?' Nice and topical ;)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Wasn't really sure what to expect with this show, but it's kind of meh so far.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Feels like it's going to take an episode or two before they're all used to it. A bit stilted at the moment (and the audience reaction makes it all a bit weird)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It was kinda awkward when one of Mitchell's jokes fell flat and they all laughed about 10 seconds later.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Has David Mitchell dyed his hair?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Lets not repeat WNN!

davebees
Feb 18, 2009
That Dick Donnolly bit was loving cringey.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Did they just recycle a Frankie Boyle joke?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pablo Bluth posted:

Lets not repeat WNN!

Yeah right!

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

The gently caress is this poo poo? 10 O'Clock Show World News bit. :negative:

Please get better. :ohdear:

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Pablo Bluth posted:

Lets not repeat WNN!

That bit didn't work to an embarrassing degree.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, I really don't like the "treat African tragedy like flashy American E! news" idea. Makes it look trivial.

Edit: And everyone else beat me to it :argh:

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

themonkeythatcried posted:

Ok, I really don't like the "treat African tragedy like flashy American E! news" idea. Makes it look trivial.
I think making it look trivial is part of joke. It's not like the story is getting as much play as it deserves in the rest of the press.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Listen to Mitchell, that's what I was wanting.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
My verdict so far is that some of it has worked and then the rest is awful (particularly Carr and Laverne's bits). Also the improv bits are the best so far I think.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Get rid of the 'skits', have more of them riffing off each other around the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Too many. segments which. mean they. don't have. time to. be anything. but superficial.