Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

I am too lazy to go download a podcast. However, I'll probably listen on H101 because it requires less effort on my part.

That's my problem. I'm way too lazy even though I love his podcast so this is exciting for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Well it looks like it really may be the end of the line for Bubba on H101.
Adam Carolla announced on his podcast this morning that he will be syndicating his show to H101.
The show is going to be now 2 hours. It will still be available as a podcast. It will have commercials on Sirius. He said it was just an 'experiment' to start out.

I love Adam and listen to his podcast daily, but I just dont get this move. Sirius is still trying to get people to pay for a show that the can get for free elsewhere.
Very strange business plan.

I suppose now that Howard will stop bitching about how lovely Adam's show is?

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

I can see why Howard isn't replacing Artie. Its not like he was voted the favorite personality on the show, by a sizable margin.

Oh wait.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
So now this is the second time free content is appearing on a paid service. Usually it is the opposite. A preview of a paid service is given to entice people to sign up. He must be desperate to put something on the air. There are 300 million people in this country. Howard can't find ONE who can do something live five days a week on 101?

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Adam Carolla announced on his podcast this morning that he will be syndicating his show to H101.

Holy poo poo, this is the best news I've heard in a long time. I actually prefer Adam's show to Howard's because Adam is really the quickest and wittiest guy in the business. I just end up listening to the Stern Show more because it's so much more convenient.

No offense to Bubba, but H101 has never been better. All the good best-of stuff, Ferrall at his same time slot, and now Carolla.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
One more bit of info on the Carolla deal.
His show will actually be simulcast and not just a replay. I think this is just a test to see if he can do a full 4 hours on H101. What I could see happening is he does a full 4 hour show and then just puts that up as his podcast.
Sirius may also be trying to get the other podcasts Adam has on his network.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

So now this is the second time free content is appearing on a paid service. Usually it is the opposite. A preview of a paid service is given to entice people to sign up. He must be desperate to put something on the air. There are 300 million people in this country. Howard can't find ONE who can do something live five days a week on 101?

I think he just can't be bothered. He mentioned a couple weeks ago when he was talking about finding a replacement for Bubba how he hates it when they bring him a bunch of tapes to listen to.

He's barley putting an effort into the show.

-He's cut an hour off of each show (20%)
-Can't be bothered to find a replacement for the Jackie/Artie chair
-Can't be bothered (along with Gary) to get decent guests
-Can't be bothered to find talent to fill his two channels
-Rumored to go to 3 days a week from 4 any day now

He's not much better than the Oprah channel he makes fun of now. Hey, let's just put on some more re-runs of old shows!

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!
Now that Adam has potential for some halfway decent revenue coming in, I wonder if Teresa is kicking herself for leaving for a lovely terrestrial gig.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

heavy liquid posted:

I think he just can't be bothered. He mentioned a couple weeks ago when he was talking about finding a replacement for Bubba how he hates it when they bring him a bunch of tapes to listen to.

He's not much better than the Oprah channel he makes fun of now. Hey, let's just put on some more re-runs of old shows!

Howard is getting on in years and I think his desire to put on a full on quality show is in a serious decline. I was honestly surprised that he signed on for another 5 years. I think the only reason he did re-sign was he didn't want to feel the guilt of putting his staff out of work.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
So when does all of this start with Adam?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Howard is getting on in years and I think his desire to put on a full on quality show is in a serious decline. I was honestly surprised that he signed on for another 5 years. I think the only reason he did re-sign was he didn't want to feel the guilt of putting his staff out of work.

He could sign documents in blood today and have them posted all around the office, large billboards all over New York, saying that this is his last contract and listing his retirement date and ending of the show in big bold letters, and his staff will still feel that he didn't give them enough notice to be able to move on with their lives.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

heavy liquid posted:

This isn't really that new. He's been coasting ever since the merger. The only problem now is Artie isn't there to cover up the holes in each show.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Moniker posted:

So when does all of this start with Adam?

Monday according to him, but I have not found anything official from Sirius on dates and time slots. Howard will probably just announce the details on his show Monday.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Monday according to him, but I have not found anything official from Sirius on dates and time slots. Howard will probably just announce the details on his show Monday.

I'm excited for this. I never listened to Bubba at all as I just couldn't get into it, but I'll give A.C. a shot, for sure.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

This isn't really that new. He's been coasting ever since the merger. The only problem now is Artie isn't there to cover up the holes in each show.

Everything on that list is new except for the guests problem. But you're right, he has been coasting since the merger.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

More rumors kicking around about Adams new Show

Carolla will do his show LIVE (3-6 pm).

His people will then cut out the breaks and release it through iTunes as his podcast

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Priapist posted:

Now that Adam has potential for some halfway decent revenue coming in, I wonder if Teresa is kicking herself for leaving for a lovely terrestrial gig.

I'm glad this happened. I literally stopped listening to the podcast when he picked up Bald Brian and Teresa.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
This actually sounds like it could be cool. It will be nice to have someone who compliments Howard, rather than a guy like Bubba who is just so different I could never get into it.

Is anyone else getting those "there is a problem with your account messages" when they use the Sirius app? Pocket Tunes was not loading either (but I was logged on).

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
This would now perfectly fit in my listening day. Howard/TWOS until 11, Ron and Fez 11-3, Carolla to close out my day.

Opie and Anthony in the mornings on the two days a week Howard isn't broadcasting.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
I guess Carolla is a logical choice because he does a show almost everyday, but there are much much better podcasts out there than his. They just don't fit the 5 day a week mold.

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

Not to sound all smug, but I'm a little worried about the announcement being described as a "test run" situation because it's likely that Adam's humor will go over the head of the average H101 listener (i.e; Joey Boots). His show is definitely a lot different than Bubba's.

Of course, SFN had a generally negative reaction to the news. This quote sums it up: "Unless Adam has a good guest on, his podcast is awful. I have tried numerous times to listen to it but I am confused."

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!

Chimneyfish posted:

Of course, SFN had a generally negative reaction to the news. This quote sums it up: "Unless Adam has a good guest on, his podcast is awful. I have tried numerous times to listen to it but I am confused."

Just add more fart sound drops and that crowd will be satisfied.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

Kelly posted:

Is anyone else getting those "there is a problem with your account messages" when they use the Sirius app? Pocket Tunes was not loading either (but I was logged on).

My Pocket Tunes is stuck in some kind of infinite loop trying to re-direct me to login page.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Butthole Prince posted:

My Pocket Tunes is stuck in some kind of infinite loop trying to re-direct me to login page.

I've had the same problem and had to delete the cookies. Worked fine afterwards:

To delete the cookies:

1) Before playing a station, go to the Search tab of Pocket Tunes
2) Enter "pt://delcookies" (without the quotes)
3) Press "Search" in the lower right corner

Now exit Pocket Tunes and return and go back to Sirius, select a channel to play and it should ask you to log in again, then play the channel.

If the problem persists, try re-booting after you exit Pocket Tunes in the above steps.

Hope this works for you.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
Hate to rehash old topics/shows but I'm catching up and on Tuesdays show Howard sounded all upset when a caller said they could replay the show. He asked "wait so you can like TiVO it!?" and the guy was like "no I mean I listen to the replay" and Howard said "ohh okay then".

I can imagine the conversation the contract negotiators had with him where they had to mislead him to get him on board with the "apps" because he is loving retarded about technology.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Howard lives in a world where a miniplug only allows headphones to plug in, and any other attempt at transmitting audio via a miniplug to say, a computer with a sound card (any computer, any sound card) via audio-in is a folly because we have a SIM card in these radios god dammit!

Because recording = piracy, in the world of the entertainer who doesn't remember how tape recorders worked.

I Am a Keg.
Sep 25, 2008

by T. Finn
Eric the Midget has reviewed this week of American Idol.

It's exactly as entertainingly dull as you imagine.

EvilLemon
Sep 15, 2004
Squeeze me. I squirt.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

One more bit of info on the Carolla deal.
His show will actually be simulcast and not just a replay. I think this is just a test to see if he can do a full 4 hours on H101. What I could see happening is he does a full 4 hour show and then just puts that up as his podcast.
Sirius may also be trying to get the other podcasts Adam has on his network.

Carolla's podcast is fantastic and he's doing great. He gets interesting guests that are incorporated into the show nicely and his bits, while repetitive, are generally funny.

I listen to it every day and am absolutely stoked about this.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

I Am a Keg. posted:

I love that a week ago he made a video saying he wouldn't be doing his Idol show. While he'll argue it wasn't his "show", he's still doing the same thing.

I Am a Keg.
Sep 25, 2008

by T. Finn

I Am a Keg. posted:

Also he's really mad at the internet and is threatening to sue :ohdear:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

I Am a Keg. posted:

Does he ever sue anyone? I think even his lawyer take advantage of him.

Howard: YouTube and American Idol take money from me, I want to sue!
Lawyer: Well...I don't know Howard. I guess you could...maybe
Howard: yeah I guess that would too much trouble
Lawyer: yep! Oh look, your retainer is due. That'll be $10,000 please.
Howard: Can you take a cheque? I gave my last $500 in cash to the guy that setup the TV in my bedroom.

You'd think he'd at least go to settle out of court or something. It's like how his therapist keeps telling him he'll be normal as long as he does three sessions a week.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

I Am a Keg. posted:

poo poo, why didn't I think of that!!?

wheel-chair millionaire :cool:

YOU'RE JEALOUS

JEALOUS

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Does he ever sue anyone? I think even his lawyer take advantage of him.

Howard: YouTube and American Idol take money from me, I want to sue!
Lawyer: Well...I don't know Howard. I guess you could...maybe
Howard: yeah I guess that would too much trouble
Lawyer: yep! Oh look, your retainer is due. That'll be $10,000 please.
Howard: Can you take a cheque? I gave my last $500 in cash to the guy that setup the TV in my bedroom.

You'd think he'd at least go to settle out of court or something. It's like how his therapist keeps telling him he'll be normal as long as he does three sessions a week.

He wasnt talking about Howard

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Am I the only one who agrees with Howard that the Artie chair should stay empty to keep Artie's mental health?

He'd be upset if th the replacement is better (and people are going "gently caress Artie, this person rocks more"), worse ("gently caress Artie, he ruined it by trying to kill himself)
or if he returns ("LOL Artie bought any knives lately?" call would be inevitable)

Affectively there's no win here, whatever action Howard takes, Artie suffers so he's just going to let it stay empty in tribute (To say he's irreplaceable)

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Manwithastick posted:

Am I the only one who agrees with Howard that the Artie chair should stay empty to keep Artie's mental health?

He'd be upset if th the replacement is better (and people are going "gently caress Artie, this person rocks more"), worse ("gently caress Artie, he ruined it by trying to kill himself)
or if he returns ("LOL Artie bought any knives lately?" call would be inevitable)

Affectively there's no win here, whatever action Howard takes, Artie suffers so he's just going to let it stay empty in tribute (To say he's irreplaceable)

There's nobody that can replace Artie in the Artie chair, and I assume that at some point Artie will have recovered and be back on the show. He's already going through hard times, and hes not making any money (in fact he had to sell his house). I think having someone take his spot would drive him completely insane.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

We still don't know the full story of how Artie left at the end of 2009. Was he told to take time off for rehab? Was he fired? Or was he still fully employed when he stabbed himself? It would make sense that he was asked to leave and that's one of the things that set him off, but we don't know for sure.

Whatever the version of events, it's been over a year. How much time is enough to move on? The show is suffering for it. Artie is a basketcase and has been since he was a teenager, so they shouldn't feel so restrained by his mental health problems.

I think it's also accurate that Howard isn't focused on filling the Artie chair because he doesn't want to put in the effort to "audition" people or scrounge up the money to pay them. It's easier to do 12 hours a week and play chess.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
does this mean the loveline thread and this one will merge

what will happen to bubba

oh god what do we do

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Big Bob Pataki posted:

does this mean the loveline thread and this one will merge

what will happen to bubba

oh god what do we do

ugh please no Adam Corolla in this thread

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Manwithastick posted:

You are absolutely right, and I feel like this is the ultimate answer to anything regarding Artie's position with the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted
I got myself a droid this week, and I was pretty excited looking for apps to install and figured of course I'd order the Sirius one.

Go to log in, it tells me I need to pay $2.99 extra a month for internet. I thought maybe i put the wrong login info in (I have two usernames for some reason) because I know I should be able to access streaming. Turns out my other login does the same thing and I can't even listen online on the website anymore.

I know they changed it a year or so ago, but people that were doing yearly plans such as myself still were able to listen online.

This really kinda aggravates me, along with the fact that since Sirius and XM merged, I have not received a single benefit as a consumer. I was REALLY excited thinking that I'd be able to listen to MLB games but of course that can't be done for some reason beyond comprehension.

Anyway, all these old Artie clips are great and I so miss him on the show. It really would be nice if they'd allow him to come in and talk or at least give us a straight answer.