Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zamin
Jan 9, 2004

Vagrancy posted:

Google'd out of curiosity and found this, any help?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8993723&postcount=21

If not the OP of the same topic seems to think it's a hardware issue, and replacing the device worked for him.

Tried that. Still no dice. I'm actually on my second device due to an unrelated issue, and that one wouldn't get recognized, either. I doubt I've had two phones with the same (probably rare) problem, so my money's on me either screwing something up or something in my computer hardware not being just right.

I appreciate all of the suggestions and help on this issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly
This is a shot in the dark, but I'm wondering if anyone can recommended a ROM for my MyTouch 3G/HTC Magic.

Here is the information from FASTBOOT:
code:
SAPPHIRE PVT 32B
HBOOT-1.33.0006 (SAPP30000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.19.26I
Also: Generally, how safe is it to install a new radio and/or spl?

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Ok, so I swapped out my Evo for one with a working headphone jack, which means on this one i actually care about my WiMax keys. I want to flash to the latest CM7 nightly. Last time I just downloaded and installed through ROM Manager. Should I do that this time, or will i lose the 4G keys?

There's the problem, last I checked you need Clockwork recovery for ROM Manager. I haven't checked in a while so that may have changed.

Flash Amon-Ra 2.X recovery and do a nandroid backup. Check for wimax.img in the backup folder, your keys will be there even though you can't really check for them since it's not a filesystem.

From XDA: "To check your RSA keys, go to the market and download 'Wimax Keys Checker' by joeykrim"

Do that before you backup, if you that works and you see wimax.img in your backup, you're good to go. My wimax.img in the nandroid backup is 12MB, I would imagine they would all be that size.

CM7 shouldn't touch the wimax partition since it doesn't have wimax support, but backing them up can't hurt.

On the WiMAX front, Shinzul has 4G start time down to 20 seconds from 60 seconds. Also he fixed the weird repeated message in logcat that both Sense and the CM6+4G Alpha had after you turn off 4G. So he has bested the Sense implementation of 4G. He also has it working on CM7, but no word how well it works, just that he did a speed test.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Pvt. Parts posted:

This is a shot in the dark, but I'm wondering if anyone can recommended a ROM for my MyTouch 3G/HTC Magic.

Here is the information from FASTBOOT:
code:
SAPPHIRE PVT 32B
HBOOT-1.33.0006 (SAPP30000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.19.26I
Also: Generally, how safe is it to install a new radio and/or spl?

I'm using CM6.1 with the same radio and 1.33.0004 SPL (which is what my phone came with)

Works fine but be aware these are old phones now with limited RAM (especially the 32B which we have) so don't expect any performance miracles.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:
Not sure if this is a freak occasion or if this is legitimate, but after flashing the XWJS3 base and JK4 modem with glitterballs' OC/UV kernel, I'm getting Down/Up speeds of 4100/1800 and the GPS is getting a dead lock in 5 seconds. Bear in mind I have a Samsung Captivate, so GPS lock is a big deal for me. Smooth as butter too.

Iananan
May 3, 2007

Portrait of the Artist as a Grump
Hnnnnng, I am this far *holds fingers slightly apart* from rooting my SNS. I've already got a nandroid done and everything, i'm literally one line of commands away from it...

but I don't think I will yet.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Iananan posted:

Hnnnnng, I am this far *holds fingers slightly apart* from rooting my SNS. I've already got a nandroid done and everything, i'm literally one line of commands away from it...

but I don't think I will yet.

WTF is a SNS.

If you mean Nexus S, the only downside is that it erases everything on the phone when you fastboot oem unlock.

And if you have a custom recovery to do a nandroid, you're rooted. All you have to do is install the SU binary/apk and you have root privs. How did you do this?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
One of my idiot friends has a retarded friend with a MyTouch4G. Idiot friend rooted it and retarded friend attempted to load a custom ROM. The brick is now on my desk and when powered on, just goes to the MyTouch4G splash screen and stays there. It won't go into recovery mode when I hold volume down while powering up. It is recognized over USB and I'm installing the ADB driver for it right now. What the hell do I need to do to get this to work?

e: somehow when I plugged in USB, it just turned on and went straight into clockwork. I found two backups, but they both have invalid MD5s. Wiping data and cache didn't help, so I loaded CM6, but it stays at the splash screen. What else can I do?

butt dickus fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 21, 2011

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

One of my idiot friends has a retarded friend with a MyTouch4G. Idiot friend rooted it and retarded friend attempted to load a custom ROM. The brick is now on my desk and when powered on, just goes to the MyTouch4G splash screen and stays there. It won't go into recovery mode when I hold volume down while powering up. It is recognized over USB and I'm installing the ADB driver for it right now. What the hell do I need to do to get this to work?

Hope and pray it has an unlocked bootloader you can use to flash a new recovery. If it doesn't, you're probably hosed.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

If ADB works, from the terminal just do adb reboot recovery. If it boots into recovery, success and flash cm6.1 or what ever. If it does not.. um.. cry?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

deong posted:

If ADB works, from the terminal just do adb reboot recovery. If it boots into recovery, success and flash cm6.1 or what ever. If it does not.. um.. cry?

The ADB daemon doesn't boot up during the bootloader in my experience - fastboot does. You might be able to fastboot reboot recovery, but if holding down volume down on boot doesn't work, it probably won't work.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

I can get it into recovery and I loaded CM6, but it still hangs at the MT4G splash. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've wiped data/cache like 3 times.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I can get it into recovery and I loaded CM6, but it still hangs at the MT4G splash. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've wiped data/cache like 3 times.

How long is it hanging? It can take a very long time on the first boot.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Casao posted:

How long is it hanging? It can take a very long time on the first boot.

I waited ~30 minutes. My X only takes ~5-10, so I figured I wasn't getting anywhere.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Casao posted:

You have Facebook installed, right?

Install Catlog or aLogCat off the market, attempt to add the account, then grab the logcat and look for errors.
The Facebook app is installed and working fine. Logcat doesn't show any errors at all when I try to add an account.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Hey Incredible users:

What's the latest radio update? I think i'm on 2.1500.07.28

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I waited ~30 minutes. My X only takes ~5-10, so I figured I wasn't getting anywhere.

Ah, yeah, that's definitely something. If you've got recovery now, wipe the SD card completely clean. Grab the CM6 you want. Put it + Gapps on the SD card.

In Recovery, choose every single wipe option you can find. There should be a ton of them.

Flash CM6, flash Gapps.

Then try rebooting.

If it doesn't work, maybe he hosed up the SPL.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Casao posted:

The ADB daemon doesn't boot up during the bootloader in my experience - fastboot does. You might be able to fastboot reboot recovery, but if holding down volume down on boot doesn't work, it probably won't work.

I've gotten into recovery during a boot loop like that. It seems adb is one of the early load items, not sure.

Doctor rear end in a top hat, what recovery? You can try to go in and delete the partitions manually if its clockwork? I think RAmon has an option like that too.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

I can boot it into clockwork by plugging it in USB when the power is off. I'm unable to mount or format system, which might be the whole problem. Anything I can do about that?

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

e: somehow when I plugged in USB, it just turned on and went straight into clockwork. I found two backups, but they both have invalid MD5s. Wiping data and cache didn't help, so I loaded CM6, but it stays at the splash screen. What else can I do?

If you can get into the bootloader, then you should be able to reset everything back to stock if you have the 300MB PD15IMG.zip file on the root of the sdcard.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I can boot it into clockwork by plugging it in USB when the power is off. I'm unable to mount or format system, which might be the whole problem. Anything I can do about that?

Do you know if it's been S-Off'd?

Go into hboot (not sure exactly how) and check.

If it has, you can fix pretty much anything, hit me up on AIM and I can walk you through it (I don't remember exact specifics or I'd just post them, it's kind of trial and error). If not, try the instructions at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=TMobile_myTouch_4G:_Full_Update_Guide#Flashing_the_Engineering_HBoot_.28Optional.29 - if they work, you can turn hboot off.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

chestnut santabag posted:

If you can get into the bootloader, then you should be able to reset everything back to stock if you have the 300MB PD15IMG.zip file on the root of the sdcard.

I'm downloading this right now and I'll try it first.

Casao posted:

Do you know if it's been S-Off'd?

Go into hboot (not sure exactly how) and check.

If it has, you can fix pretty much anything, hit me up on AIM and I can walk you through it (I don't remember exact specifics or I'd just post them, it's kind of trial and error). If not, try the instructions at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=TMobile_myTouch_4G:_Full_Update_Guide#Flashing_the_Engineering_HBoot_.28Optional.29 - if they work, you can turn hboot off.

If I turn it on with volume down held, it takes me to a screen with 3 skateboarding androids that says
code:
GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.86.0000
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot
Sep 27 2010,11:12:59

HBOOT
I'm guessing this is the HBOOT you're talking about, and it says S-ON, so that means it hasn't been S-OFF'd?
Then it has controls, the options FASTBOOT, RECOVERY, FACTORY RESET, SIMLOCK and IMAGE CRC. I tried dicking around with the options in there and I can't seem to get anything done. If flashing that zip doesn't work, I'll AIM you.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I'm downloading this right now and I'll try it first.

If I turn it on with volume down held, it takes me to a screen with 3 skateboarding androids that says
code:
GLACIER PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.86.0000
MICROP-0429
RADIO-26.03.02.26_M
eMMC-boot
Sep 27 2010,11:12:59

HBOOT
I'm guessing this is the HBOOT you're talking about, and it says S-ON, so that means it hasn't been S-OFF'd?
Then it has controls, the options FASTBOOT, RECOVERY, FACTORY RESET, SIMLOCK and IMAGE CRC. I tried dicking around with the options in there and I can't seem to get anything done. If flashing that zip doesn't work, I'll AIM you.

Yeah, it's still a locked bootloader. You'll need to unlock it to modify system - whoever did this only gained temporary root, I think.

Try the instructions at http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=TMobile_myTouch_4G:_Full_Update_Guide#Gaining_Permanent_Root_Access_.26_More

The Engineering HBoot will let you fix it more easily, but it's not required.

You might have better luck on XDA for myTouch 4G at this point, I'm not entirely familiar with it so I can't speak to specifics.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

That makes sense. I'll try the official signed update chestnut santabag mentioned, hoping that it will work. If not I'll have to learn all this other nonsense on XDA.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

official signed update chestnut santabag
I was just sort of skimming and read this string of words, which sounded like some of the random poo poo that spammers put in emails to confuse filters.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Hey, quick question.
In the process of gettin everything set up for a custom ROM on my Samsung Captivate.
Titanium Backup is saying that my phone settings won't allow me to restore anything, and is telling me that the solution is to go to Settings->Applications->some option that isn't there.
Any help would be appreciated.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:

WeX Majors posted:

Hey, quick question.
In the process of gettin everything set up for a custom ROM on my Samsung Captivate.
Titanium Backup is saying that my phone settings won't allow me to restore anything, and is telling me that the solution is to go to Settings->Applications->some option that isn't there.
Any help would be appreciated.

possibly enable USB debugging under development in the Applications menu. It's a warning that Tibu puts in every time, but as far as i know, it will work fine even without enabling USB debug

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

quote:

Now that all of the explanation of my reasons is out of the way, what can you expect moving forward? Well, I have officially signed on to maintain CM7 on the Droid (OG Droid for some, though I prefer just Droid). I will also be doing general work within the CM repo tree, one of the first of which will be to add the scrollable Notification Power Widget from GEM into CM. I also will be looking into porting CM7 over to the DX/D2, but I don’t want to lay down anything concrete on those fronts yet, since I haven’t even begun working on it and therefore don’t know exactly what to expect, but just know that it’ll be looked at in the coming weeks.

This should be nice, I loved that on MIUI.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
I ran unrevoked a month or 2 ago, and it went fine, but I think i'm ready for a change. I don't think there's anything on my phone (an evo) I care about that I can't get back, so how would i go about wiping everything and installing CM if I've already rooted? Or, I suppose a better question would be, is there anything on my phone I might care about that isn't immediately obvious? I have backups of pictures, I don't care about angry birds scores, and i can resync my google contacts...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

helsabot posted:

Or, I suppose a better question would be, is there anything on my phone I might care about that isn't immediately obvious?

Not really. You covered the basics. If you have any apps that can do settings exports (e.g. Plume) go ahead and make them, otherwise, meh. Wipe that bitch and flash flash flash.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

helsabot posted:

I ran unrevoked a month or 2 ago, and it went fine, but I think i'm ready for a change. I don't think there's anything on my phone (an evo) I care about that I can't get back, so how would i go about wiping everything and installing CM if I've already rooted? Or, I suppose a better question would be, is there anything on my phone I might care about that isn't immediately obvious? I have backups of pictures, I don't care about angry birds scores, and i can resync my google contacts...

Just take a Nandroid backup in recovery before you flash any new rom - you can restore your OS back to exactly how it is now if you do.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:
I've been unable to get any MMS messages since flashing to CM6.1 on my Incredible. I'll hit the download button, and it just hangs there. If I'm on wifi, the 3G symbol pops up like its trying to connect, but it never downloads anything. It kinda gets "stuck" this way: it'll drop connection to gtalk, etc. Sometimes it'll go back to wifi and correct itself, other times I have to reboot the phone for anything to work.

MMS worked fine on Sky Raider. Anyone else have any issues with CM doing this?

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

Rye Bread posted:

I've been unable to get any MMS messages since flashing to CM6.1 on my Incredible. I'll hit the download button, and it just hangs there. If I'm on wifi, the 3G symbol pops up like its trying to connect, but it never downloads anything. It kinda gets "stuck" this way: it'll drop connection to gtalk, etc. Sometimes it'll go back to wifi and correct itself, other times I have to reboot the phone for anything to work.

MMS worked fine on Sky Raider. Anyone else have any issues with CM doing this?

Can you use just regular 3G data?

Did you try dialing *228 and selecting option 1 and having the phone go through with programming itself?

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:

Merv Burger posted:

Can you use just regular 3G data?

Did you try dialing *228 and selecting option 1 and having the phone go through with programming itself?

Doesn't matter which I'm on.

Tried both options already on *228.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007
The new radio that came with the Vibrant froyo update is available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=923878

Some people are claiming huge speed improvements. I flashed it on my wife's slide, but I didn't see any difference.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
CM7 is working mostly fine for my Evo (worth it just for the screen lock graphic), but GPS and Bluetooth seem really buggy (not too surprised or anything). I think I'm on nightly #6, anyone have any better success on a more recent nightly?

Aisar
Mar 20, 2006

Don't look at the Batman. The Batman will steal your soul.
Hi root thread. I rooted my android last night, and I decided that I'm really not smart enough to do this rooting thing. I'm using a Samsung Epic 4g, and after rooting it I have done nothing root-related to the phone.

Could somebody guide me through the process of unrooting my phone? Thanks in advanced for any help.

Naes
Jun 20, 2007
Maybe this is the wrong thread, or a question better suited for XDA but I didn't get any bites when I posted it over there so here goes;

I have a Nexus One (it's awesome :smug:) running cm6.1 and I have had a white (default) notification/status bar since I got my phone back in Feb. I really want to try out a black status bar but one thing is stopping me, the colour of the default browser. I want to have my browser address bar the same colour as the notification bar but cant figure out how to do this.

Someone had suggest pulling the "browser.apk" from a theme pack or themed rom that I like and replacing my browser APK with the themed one. This seemed like a solid idea and I gave it a shot. I took the browser APK from the theme pack and placed it on my phone over my original browser in /system/apps or wherever it was, dont remember the exact location off the top of my head. Anyway, this did not work. When I tried to open the browser on my phone after booting it I would get an error about parsing the package or something to that effect. Apologies for not having the exact location and error message, this was a few weeks ago.

So basically, I am at square one again, despite people on XDA saying I should be able to just replace my browser apk with the themed apk. My question is, does anyone know how to do this? do I need to "ADB push" the browser apk to my phone and "ADB install" for it to work? I am rooted and have an unlocked bootloader if any of that matter.

I can include screenshots to explain myself better if you guys dont know what I mean. Basically I want a browser that looks almost identical to the HTC desire browser colour wise.

Aisar posted:

Hi root thread. I rooted my android last night, and I decided that I'm really not smart enough to do this rooting thing. I'm using a Samsung Epic 4g, and after rooting it I have done nothing root-related to the phone.

Could somebody guide me through the process of unrooting my phone? Thanks in advanced for any help.

I dont have an Epic so I cant confirm this but quick searching turned up this thread which appears to answer your question: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=895892

Naes fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 22, 2011

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Aisar posted:

Download the correct rom for your phone and flash it with ODIN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Naes posted:

Maybe this is the wrong thread, or a question better suited for XDA but I didn't get any bites when I posted it over there so here goes;

I have a Nexus One (it's awesome :smug:) running cm6.1 and I have had a white (default) notification/status bar since I got my phone back in Feb. I really want to try out a black status bar but one thing is stopping me, the colour of the default browser. I want to have my browser address bar the same colour as the notification bar but cant figure out how to do this.

Someone had suggest pulling the "browser.apk" from a theme pack or themed rom that I like and replacing my browser APK with the themed one. This seemed like a solid idea and I gave it a shot. I took the browser APK from the theme pack and placed it on my phone over my original browser in /system/apps or wherever it was, dont remember the exact location off the top of my head. Anyway, this did not work. When I tried to open the browser on my phone after booting it I would get an error about parsing the package or something to that effect. Apologies for not having the exact location and error message, this was a few weeks ago.

So basically, I am at square one again, despite people on XDA saying I should be able to just replace my browser apk with the themed apk. My question is, does anyone know how to do this? do I need to "ADB push" the browser apk to my phone and "ADB install" for it to work? I am rooted and have an unlocked bootloader if any of that matter.

I can include screenshots to explain myself better if you guys dont know what I mean. Basically I want a browser that looks almost identical to the HTC desire browser colour wise.

You have to use adb push, not install. Installing system components generally fails.