Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judas Chongo
Sep 12, 2007

Durgoc posted:

I have liked punk rock for a long time. I liked old stuff like Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Sex Pistols, and Misfits. I have gotten into some newer acts recommended here like Gallows, hosed Up, Career Suicide, Strike Anywhere, and Bronx, but I did not like the bands suggested like Weekend Nachos and Envy. I just can't listen to music that sounds like a trainwreck. What other bands would I like based on my like list?

Listen to Communal Living by Sex Vid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Durgoc posted:

I have liked punk rock for a long time. I liked old stuff like Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Sex Pistols, and Misfits. I have gotten into some newer acts recommended here like Gallows, hosed Up, Career Suicide, Strike Anywhere, and Bronx, but I did not like the bands suggested like Weekend Nachos and Envy. I just can't listen to music that sounds like a trainwreck. What other bands would I like based on my like list?

you probably didn't like weekend nachos because they are not very good. Given that you like Black Flag, Career Suicide, and Minor Threat, you might enjoy OFF!, which is Keith Morris' new band.

Unrelated - I think Merchandise's Strange Songs In The Night is the best post-punk album made in the last 5 years. Okay, that might be exaggerating a little bit, but it is so loving good. Better than Immaculada, IMO. I got to see Merchandise live in Western MA, and their show was amazing. It sounded nothing like their albums, very soft and ethereal.

baberaham lincoln fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Dec 24, 2010

Judas Chongo
Sep 12, 2007

Weekend Nachos rules, mate.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
I'd rather skip the middle man and just listen to Spazz so I don't have to hear about all the "why isnt the scene good anymore :'(" bullshit from the hype-yest of hype bands.

Judas Chongo
Sep 12, 2007

Endless Blockade, Hatred Surge, Iron Lung, Weekend Nachos, and Mind Eraser are the only bands making power violence worth listening to at the moment.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
except for the words "Weekend" and "Nachos", I agree that those are all good bands.I'm surprised that you skipped Dropdead and Capitalist Casualties though. I didn't listen to the Lack of Interest split, but the 12" with Hellnation was awesome.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
CMAR is up

I'm not particularly impressed. Do want to see Raein though.

luckdragon
Dec 5, 2008
raein are awesome. so are alpinist.

some local bands have all released new tracks online so i'll share some links...
http://kerouacband.bandcamp.com/album/kerouac-the-long-haul
http://listn.to/TheLongHaul
http://www.myspace.com/ourtimedownhereuk

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Judas Chongo posted:

Endless Blockade, Hatred Surge, Iron Lung, Weekend Nachos, and Mind Eraser are the only bands making power violence worth listening to at the moment.

All of these rule, but I dunno, there are definitely a few others.

Ugh, wish I could go to CMAR so badly.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
I recently did the art/layout for my best friend's hardcore/noise rock band and the tapes have just come in. I'm really excited about it.

Japanese Women - Order

This is currently my favorite track.
Other tracks.

There are 9 tracks and it's about 20 minutes long.
If you're interested in a copy + mp3s email: japanesewmn@gmail.com
$5ppd

Thank you for taking a peek/listen.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
This tape is an absolute rager. Don't buy a big mac and scarf it in your car! Instead pick up this fire. I did.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Seattle goons!

The 5th annual RAIN FEST will take place May 27, 28, and 29 at NEUMOS in Seattle, Wa.

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT – January 15th

ALL TEETH
...ANOTHER BREATH
DEVOTION
FIGURE FOUR
GRAVE MAKER
MADBALL
MAKE DO AND MEND
MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD
NAILS
OBLIVION
ROTTING OUT
RUCKUS
RUN WITH THE HUNTED
SUPERTOUCH
TRIAL

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Another Breath? Wow, haven't heard that name/seen that band in a good 4 or 5 years I think.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

rivals posted:

Another Breath? Wow, haven't heard that name/seen that band in a good 4 or 5 years I think.

They played last year too. Awesome band.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

drat, I didn't realize that. But yeah I used to love that band. I should pull out those records again, it's been a really long time since I've listened to them. Last time I saw them was probably whatever the last Rivalry fest they played.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

And there's still some more "really big" bands to be announced. So ILL. Will mosh when Larm play "No One Can Be That Dumb".

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

ChaosNonMusica posted:

And there's still some more "really big" bands to be announced. So ILL. Will mosh when Larm play "No One Can Be That Dumb".

SSSSSSHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT.

I need to start saving money and ask for that week off.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Mazel Tov posted:

Seattle goons!

The 5th annual RAIN FEST will take place May 27, 28, and 29 at NEUMOS in Seattle, Wa.

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT – January 15th

ALL TEETH
...ANOTHER BREATH
DEVOTION
FIGURE FOUR
GRAVE MAKER
MADBALL
MAKE DO AND MEND
MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD
NAILS
OBLIVION
ROTTING OUT
RUCKUS
RUN WITH THE HUNTED
SUPERTOUCH
TRIAL

Fuuuuuuuck

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I am looking for current bands that are kinda similar to Verse, especially in terms of lyrical themes. Most of the newer hardcore bands I've stumbled upon seem to be primarily about personal stuff and I would prefer something different from time to time. Does anybody have some tips?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I haven't been able to find anything since all of the Rivalry bands broke up.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Recommend me something like The Saddest Landscape's "You Will Not Survive" (which is free this week on Bandcamp: http://thesaddestlandscape.bandcamp.com/).

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access
lovely flyer doesn't have the city, but it's Waterbury, CT. poo poo's gonna be loving insane. Been trying to see CJ for years now.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Eight Is Legend posted:

Recommend me something like The Saddest Landscape's "You Will Not Survive" (which is free this week on Bandcamp: http://thesaddestlandscape.bandcamp.com/).

Her Breath on Glass is a TSL side project and they are good. You may also like some skram classix like Joshua Fit For Battle and Wolves. If you don't mind it being in another language: Daitro, Amanda Woodward, La Quiete. You could also check out On The Might of Princes, Life at These Speeds, and Sinaloa which will take you some interesting directions.

This is all pretty easy stuff so good luck!

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all
poo poo I really want to go to that Waterbury show tonight.....guess I don't have much time to get my act together with a 6 o clock start.

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access
Yeah, it didn't happen. Stupid venue booked the show without getting the permit to play. So a couple bands played in Danbury and a couple played in Woodbrige, and a few went home. It was a mess, I didn't find out CJ was playing Danbury until they actually went on. Typical CT booking for you.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Deathwish released a sampler a while ago that I really dig, I pretty much beat it to death and I'm hoping somebody can recommend me other free label samplers with similar bands, stuff like Converge, Narrows, Integrity, Nails, Bitter End, Carpathian, Eshas, Rot In Hell, Mother Of Mercy, etc

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
http://www.a389records.com/digital/
Code: A3892010

Or maybe this link works: http://www.a389records.com/digital/files/sampler2010.zip

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
So my copy of the new Graf Orlock EP/Trilogy came in today and the packaging is so much better than I imagined.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Yeah, it's rad. I love the instruction manual. Shame about the vocals on the actual music. Ghostlimb dude is rad, other dude not nearly as much.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

ChrisFarley posted:

http://www.a389records.com/digital/
Code: A3892010

Or maybe this link works: http://www.a389records.com/digital/files/sampler2010.zip

This is literally exactly what I wanted, thank you so much

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

ChrisFarley posted:

Yeah, it's rad. I love the instruction manual. Shame about the vocals on the actual music. Ghostlimb dude is rad, other dude not nearly as much.

Ya new guy is poo poo. Its weird how I just go from loving AWESOME to SHUT THE gently caress UP every time it swiches between the dangers guy and the new singer.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Pop-punkchat:

New House Boat album is recorded, the vinyl won't come out until March or April but Sam is working on either doing mp3s with pre-order or else just getting the CD/mp3s out earlier. There's a new song (Throwing in Those Weird Chords...) on the myspace. It rules. Yeah.

The Man The Legend
Dec 17, 2006
Cheer up, the worst is yet to come
Not sure if this is the right thread for this... but Further Seems Forever reunited with their original lineup (Chris Carrabba on vocals) and has a few dates scheduled this spring - first stateside show is 4/29 in Boston.

It's one of those bands that's a guilty pleasure, that I never got a chance to see live before Carrabba left in 2001, pretty pumped

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

If they are playing The Moon Is Down stuff I am loving there. I saw them with NFG right after Chris left (before the first album with that other dude came out) and it was a loving let down hearing him try to sing the old poo poo.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*
Rainfest sold out in 3 days. 600 tickets.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Thanks to this thread I gave the Slowmotions a listen, and loving loved them. Any suggestions for some other Japanese bands?

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

SlipUp posted:

Thanks to this thread I gave the Slowmotions a listen, and loving loved them. Any suggestions for some other Japanese bands?

1000 travels of jawaharlal or whatever. Listen to that poo poo on loop for a week then come back and we can move on to other bands.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

What if I already beat 1000 Travels of Jawaharlal to death what do I listen to then

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

the Polysics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009

Mazel Tov posted:

Rainfest sold out in 3 days. 600 tickets.
i am so pissed about this. i was almost ready to buy a ticket, but i was not going to buy plane tickets until after i saw the second group of bands. :argh: