Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 47 Reagans
Mar 14, 2010

big business sloth posted:

I've been looking for a screencap of him in Blade Runner which he is apparently in as an extra, but maybe you can't actually ever see him.

On a related note, has anyone spotted him in Captain EO yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yo guys I heard Doug Benson an immortal.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

He steals the youth of others I heard!

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

red19fire posted:

The 'All About the Benjamins' rifftrax-style episode had me in stitches in the car, and I've never even seen the movie.
Brice Cubell!

Insider Info: I suggested that the next movie they do is "Surviving the Game".

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Insider Info: I suggested that the next movie they do is "Surviving the Game".

I think they should do Torque. More humorous opportunities and gives me a reason to see it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

NecronSchmecron posted:

I think they should do Torque. More humorous opportunities and gives me a reason to see it.

I saw that on a date when it was in theaters, knowing that the movie would be bad but hoping we could have a good laugh at it, get drinks afterwards, and see where the evening took us.

It ended up just being lovely in a non-funny way, and the evening went nowhere. I blame you, Ice Cube.:argh:

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

The 47 Reagans posted:

It was so crazy that he happened to describe that on the show recorded before, but posted after, the death of Jackson. It was really eerie to hear Matt Belknap break in with a voice-over before he started discussing it.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

The 47 Reagans posted:

He is also in Fast Times at Ridgemont High as well!

Penis envy
Jan 22, 2010

You can trust me, I'm a doctor.
I highly recommend everyone watch I Am Comic which is streaming on netflix. I kept looking for the scene with Tommy Davidson that Doug mentioned but I didn't see it.

Also hope misheard song lyrics becomes a recurring feature on CDR.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Penis envy posted:

I highly recommend everyone watch I Am Comic which is streaming on netflix. I kept looking for the scene with Tommy Davidson that Doug mentioned but I didn't see it.

Also hope misheard song lyrics becomes a recurring feature on CDR.

Tommy Davidson had a couple of interview segments that were a couple of minutes long each, so I'm not sure how you missed it. He was the gray haired black guy talking about comedy being like Bruce Lee and Zen, but not making much sense with anything he said.

Like I posted before I Am Comic was great and worth a watch if not for some of the fun behind the scenes stuff.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW
He did the whole thing where he related comedy to surfing. It didnt seem weird at the time but after that episode of DLM it seems awkward as gently caress.

Penis envy
Jan 22, 2010

You can trust me, I'm a doctor.

Geekslinger posted:

Tommy Davidson had a couple of interview segments that were a couple of minutes long each, so I'm not sure how you missed it. He was the gray haired black guy talking about comedy being like Bruce Lee and Zen, but not making much sense with anything he said.

Like I posted before I Am Comic was great and worth a watch if not for some of the fun behind the scenes stuff.

I saw those parts, I meant the part where he walks in on a phone while they are doing the comedy computer program. I just re-listened to DLM though and I guess that part wasn't filmed. :(

red19fire
May 26, 2010

NecronSchmecron posted:

I own this on DVD. The dvd commentary is basically rifftrax starring the actors & director. Everyone pretty much admits that it's a fun-but-lovely movie, except the actor playing the bad guy, who is A Serious Method Actor.

There are so many movies I'd love to hear their commentary on: Road House, Willow, The Big Hit, Coyote Ugly, Tomcats; just to name a few from my dvd collection.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 19, 2011

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
So I use the WTF app and it updated the other day. I went to use it now and I got an error saying I have to be on wifi to stream or download. Anyone else having this problem?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Brody Stevens on Who Charted? today. ENJOY IT

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Anyone who's listened to the Jim Jeffries' podcast know what the bleep joke is regarding Jason being someone's professional barista?

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
I'd like to thank The Podcast Eating Contest for getting the Full House theme song stuck in my head all day. :argh:

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.
For those Walking With Michelle fans, or for those that want to get on-board right now, the latest WWM is up on iTunes now. Dave Holmes, Michelle Biloon, and Universal Studios.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/walking-with-michelle-8-dave/id266398656?i=90535027

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

The Modern Leper posted:

Anyone who's listened to the Jim Jeffries' podcast know what the bleep joke is regarding Jason being someone's professional barista?

It is Tom Cruise, but I think he just doesn't want to get in to trouble because he had to sign a NDA to work with him.

I have only listened to the first 5 episodes though, so maybe they go in to it more.
Love the show. It is hilarious.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

bananasinpajamas posted:

Brody Stevens on Who Charted? today. ENJOY IT

WEB-ONLY EXCLUSIVE!

What song ends "Who Charted" today? Not the parody, but the actual rap song?

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 20, 2011

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
The Nerdist with Kevin Smith is about the funniest episode they've done, so it's turned me on to SModcast and Jay and Silent Bob Get Old. Any suggestions on where to start with those two?

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
Start at the beginning of Jay and Silent Bob get Old. They go in depth about Mewes' problem with drugs. All interesting stories, I think. They started playing games in the latest episodes that need visuals to really enjoy, but it's only the last 15 minutes.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Strange Matter posted:

The Nerdist with Kevin Smith is about the funniest episode they've done, so it's turned me on to SModcast and Jay and Silent Bob Get Old. Any suggestions on where to start with those two?

Terrorist Pizza is my favorite episode of Smodcast, but some other good ones are Beta Boys and the newest one, When We Were Young.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Terrorist Pizza is my favorite episode of Smodcast

Oh God! I still listen to Terrorist Pizza periodically! In my opinion the loving funniest bit on Smod ever!

I want to quote it so badly here, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

e: The newest WTF with Smith was really good as well.

A PRIZED MULE! fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jan 20, 2011

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Strange Matter posted:

Hahahaha! Darth Pussy!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Strange Matter posted:

One of my favorite Smodcasts was "The Crapture". They discuss the return of Jesus as a 50ft man grabbing up people and whipping them up into the sky as the governments of the world have to come together with a plan to defeat Jesus.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Kevin Smith rightfully gets a lot of poo poo here, but Smodcast, when its just Kevin and Mosier goofing around, is easily top 3 funniest podcasts imo. But when it turns into a big pity party for Kevin, it can be dreadful.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

e: The newest WTF with Smith was really good as well.

I agree it was really interesting. I wonder if there'll be fallout now that WTF is getting some mainstream attention and Kevin Smith was burying Bruce Willis on the show.

Also, has the Smodcast been around long enough to where you can see Smith going from no weed to being a total stoner? He kept bringing it up until Marc had to comment on it.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Wyld Cannon posted:

I agree it was really interesting. I wonder if there'll be fallout now that WTF is getting some mainstream attention and Kevin Smith was burying Bruce Willis on the show.
Kevin's bashed Willis on bigger shows and in bigger publications that WTF, I'm sure nothing will come of it. On Opie and Anthony he told some pretty scathing stories about how Willis acted on set, and he truly was a complete and total rear end in a top hat.

And Smith interview on WTF reminded me one thing that irks me about that podcast - it's too short. I know it's probably a good thing that it leaves me wanting more, but to me it seems like if there's more to be said, then he should go ahead and have the podcast go super long.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 20, 2011

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003

The Modern Leper posted:

WEB-ONLY EXCLUSIVE!

What song ends "Who Charted" today? Not the parody, but the actual rap song?

It's Dragon Boy Suede's "Buy You Clothes, Do You In 'Em, Take 'Em Back"

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

It's Dragon Boy Suede's "Buy You Clothes, Do You In 'Em, Take 'Em Back"

No, I think that was the "parody" (guess not a parody). There was a song after that. Just pulling lyrics as I'm listening

"Yeah, I'm ignorant. And an ignoramus."

"I won't do the deeds of the greedy and shameless. If anything, I'll remain nameless."

"Hear me out, I just wanna be heard."

"I got it on wax, well, plastic actually."

Song comes in at 79:50 and closes the episode. If it's part of "Buy You Clothes . . . " it's a whiplash transition.

Fake Edit: Remembered that it's 2010 and I have a smartphone. "Let's Ride," by Q-Tip

Real EDIT: Nope, but the same beat.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 21, 2011

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

Hahahaha! Darth Pussy!
Well, maybe not that one bit in particular. But the rest was brilliant, especially the breakdown of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

The Modern Leper posted:

"Yeah, I'm ignorant. And an ignoramus."
Looks like that's Engineer Doug, and the song is called Ignorance. It's towards the bottom of the list: http://www.facebook.com/pages/DOUG-DOES-Music/135593466482010

I had no idea that was him on some of those songs until I went digging. He's pretty good.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Looks like that's Engineer Doug, and the song is called Ignorance. It's towards the bottom of the list: http://www.facebook.com/pages/DOUG-DOES-Music/135593466482010

I had no idea that was him on some of those songs until I went digging. He's pretty good.

Thank you! It was driving me crazy.

I'm actually not a fan of Dragon Boy Suede

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

NecronSchmecron posted:

Start at the beginning of Jay and Silent Bob get Old. They go in depth about Mewes' problem with drugs. All interesting stories, I think. They started playing games in the latest episodes that need visuals to really enjoy, but it's only the last 15 minutes.

double plus stamp of approval - not even a fan of Smith's movies

mewes is clearly lucky to be alive

"Yeah let me just light up a j and go to the Avid rig in my house :haw: "

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
One of my favorite smods is 'Forgeticus!'

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Pizza Terrorist was amazing, though not really for that bit; what killed me are the 15 minute riffs of Smith demonstrating how he talks in a party while stoned, and then Scott Moser's self-righteous Canadian. They just kept going on and on and on and getting deeper into it. What a riot.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

You're a real gently caress, Bill.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

dancehall posted:

One of my favorite smods is 'Forgeticus!'

This was my favorite too. "You know that's not a real spell, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Terrorist Pizza is my favorite episode of Smodcast, but some other good ones are Beta Boys and the newest one, When We Were Young.

I need to hear this one then because my favorite is Forgeticus

• Locked thread