Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jaaam posted:

It's caused by the speed loader nodes in the nif not having a NiVisController. A simple copy/paste from a version of the gun that has them will fix it.

Someone want to translate this?

Or otherwise assist me in fixing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

Well, looks like you found a Mad Radhu Gumbeer to go with your Jerusalem.

I have to ask, where did you find those badass glasses?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
What was the texture mod that replaced third-person weapon textures with their first-person versions?

e: Found it.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 22, 2011

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
So why does 3GB New Vegas strip steam ties out? Was it necessary to make the mod work or does the modder just have an irrational dislike of steam?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

So why does 3GB New Vegas strip steam ties out? Was it necessary to make the mod work or does the modder just have an irrational dislike of steam?

It's necessary to make it work.

Mister Bung posted:

gently caress. Every single one of my saves is now affected. Fast travel crashes and saving crashes. Removing the New Bounties.esp from the load order makes it crash on startup. I tried going back to before I started the particular quest and no dice.

What on earth could have possibly happened to corrupt ALL my save games and everything previous to that point?!
I'm so bummed right now, tonight was New Vegas night :(

Does running FNVMasterUpdate do anything for you by any chance?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Where'd you get that C96 weapon mod? I miss the Chinese pistol.

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

I have to ask, where did you find those badass glasses?

Right here. There's bunches in there :)

Salmon, the Wise Fish
Jun 28, 2004

Mister Bung posted:

I got rid of it and every file associated with it and it seemed ok. Looking through the comments of the file there are a handful of 'now I have fast travel crashes and my saves are broke great mod really enjoyed it thanks thumbs up' so I guess the system works...

I might do a full reinstall tomorrow just to be safe. Stupid New Vegas Bounties.

Also, if I'm installing the newest version of the Community Bugfix Patch how do I use it as an fmod? That means it's a self contained package right? So next update I don't have to comb through deleting all the stuff from previous?

I just started getting this exact same thing :( I reaaaallly didn't want to start over again.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
If I want to use GECK to edit spelling mistakes in the dialogue in someone's mod what's the process? It's a fairly small mod but the mistakes are annoying me. It seems like when I make the mod the active data file it loads all sorts of stuff completely unrelated so I have no idea where to go digging.

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!
Electro-City is making my game crash around Novac. No lights are on yet since I haven't touched the quests.

It always crashes when I go in the motel's main office to talk to the owner.

Only other mods are MAD world preview, perk every level, sorter, and a QuickStart mod.

Sorry. I said MAD. I am using World of Pain.

Machismo fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 22, 2011

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

A stormy Nevada sky and Existence 2.0 = holy poo poo.

Not pictured: Me swishing a frag through an open part of the barn wall. Not even tfc 1 will let you capture a grenade in your hand as you throw it:

~*ping*~

Get out of my barn :clint:

Also is there a mod that adds in properly sized/prettier brass that sticks on the ground for much longer?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Dick Trauma posted:

If I want to use GECK to edit spelling mistakes in the dialogue in someone's mod what's the process? It's a fairly small mod but the mistakes are annoying me. It seems like when I make the mod the active data file it loads all sorts of stuff completely unrelated so I have no idea where to go digging.

when you load an esp, it automatically loads the base FalloutNV.esm as well, so there are a couple ways to go about this.

1. If you're lucky the modmaker prefaced all his custom data with with some sort of initials you can filter for (IE a lot of new content added by New Vegas is prefaced with NV)

Otherwise:

2. Load the the mod esp using TESsnip (from within FOMM) to see what data it contains and then track the changes down in GECK

Machismo posted:

Electro-City is making my game crash around Novac. No lights are on yet since I haven't touched the quests.

It always crashes when I go in the motel's main office to talk to the owner.

Only other mods are MAD world preview, perk every level, sorter, and a QuickStart mod.

Sorry. I said MAD. I am using World of Pain.
I had some weird poo poo going on with Novac and Electro-City myself.. the first time I walked up to where the motel should have been, the entire goddamn building was missing. Disabling Electro-City made the motel re-appear and after re-enabling the mod the motel was still there, so I don't know WTF, but something isn't right there. I have a feeling the creator was a little sloppy when he made some of the changes to the worldspace.

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 22, 2011

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
drat, I was going to post that I was having crashing problems and decided to try to corner down what the problem was, and it turned out to be Electro-city's "Highways and Byways" file that causes it. So I went to the Nexus to see if there was a hotfix and then I noticed he just updated it 5 minutes ago. What are the odds?

EDIT: Didn't fix my problem, sadly.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 23, 2011

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

After you load the .esp in the GECK, reopen the .esp loading menu and choose Show/See Details. It pops up a window with everything the .esp adds or changes.

Just a matter of finding the parts after that.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Schubalts posted:

After you load the .esp in the GECK, reopen the .esp loading menu and choose Show/See Details. It pops up a window with everything the .esp adds or changes.

Just a matter of finding the parts after that.

Doesn't this force a reload of the esp though? Annoying.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Capn Beeb posted:

Where'd you get that C96 weapon mod? I miss the Chinese pistol.

Check out the Original Fallout 3 Weapons mod linked in the OP. The author reintroduced the C96, R91 AR, Chinese Assault Rifle, Chinese Officer's Sword, and the (unique) Infiltrator to leveled lists. Pretty smart mod.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Amstrad posted:

Doesn't this force a reload of the esp though? Annoying.

No, you can close the menu without reloading the .esp.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Schubalts posted:

What was the texture mod that replaced third-person weapon textures with their first-person versions?

e: Found it.

FYI, it’s part of the community bugfix patch now.

Vita
Nov 7, 2009
This playthrough I want to play a chem addict, using all the drugs and alcohol I can, is there any mods that could help with that?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I've played through the entire game with Electro City and Highways And Byways active and never had any problems with the world space acting up. Weird. It might be one of those 'your results may vary' bugs that happen so often with Fallout 3 and New Vegas - the creator may have never come across it.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Since original FO3 weapons were brought up, does anyone use a mod to reimplement any of the FO3 craftable weapons, like the railway rifle and nuka grenade? There are a few, but I'd like to hear recommendations.

Amstrad posted:

I had some weird poo poo going on with Novac and Electro-City myself.. the first time I walked up to where the motel should have been, the entire goddamn building was missing. Disabling Electro-City made the motel re-appear and after re-enabling the mod the motel was still there, so I don't know WTF, but something isn't right there. I have a feeling the creator was a little sloppy when he made some of the changes to the worldspace.

Interesting, I had the exact same thing happen to me, but I didn't realize there was even supposed to be a building there. I tried entering the dinosaur, which caused the game to crash. When I loaded back in, the building was there. I didn't disable electro-city.

I also didn't attribute it to it, because on my way from goodsprings to primm an entire cell of the highway failed to load, so I had to noclip my way across it. I figured it was just an engine bug since I'd heard so much poo poo about this one and didn't run a vanilla play through first.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Vita posted:

This playthrough I want to play a chem addict, using all the drugs and alcohol I can, is there any mods that could help with that?

What do you mean "help"? Give you some perks for doing it like Cass's whiskey rose perk but apply to more stuff?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Vita posted:

This mod lets you craft a bunch of chems.

Not too sure if you can get addicted to them or not, I haven't crafted enough of one to try. Of course vanilla NV is pretty chem friendly if you can up science up to 50.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

A Lamer posted:

Since original FO3 weapons were brought up, does anyone use a mod to reimplement any of the FO3 craftable weapons, like the railway rifle and nuka grenade? There are a few, but I'd like to hear recommendations.

Interesting, I had the exact same thing happen to me, but I didn't realize there was even supposed to be a building there. I tried entering the dinosaur, which caused the game to crash. When I loaded back in, the building was there. I didn't disable electro-city.
Same thing happened to me on my recent play-through. The entire hotel area of Novac including the sign and fence surrounding it all was just gone, with the only hint that there should have been something there being some odd-colored ground textures. I figured it was an issue with World of Pain and Electro-City, because using EC on its own never have me any problems and I noticed I started getting a lot more CTDs when using both at the same time. Deactivated World of Pain and haven't had a problem since. Which is just as well, WOP is really cool and all, but its insane amounts of loot were kinda throwing off the balance of XFO and the low-level version doesn't have a working compatibility patch for WMX yet.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

SovietSteel posted:

This should work for you.

Thank you for this, I was looking for 'money' and 'currency' and didn't think to look up the words to find that mod. I appreciate it.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Edit: Ugh, double post.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

Dickeye posted:

Someone want to translate this?

Or otherwise assist me in fixing it?

I'll give it a shot. First you need to open the nif in nifskope, then open the vanilla version of a gun that uses the same reload animation. So in this case it'd be a .44 Magnum (it's best to extract it from the .bsa using FOMM).

Now, find two nodes, one named ##speedloader, and one named ##swmcasing, both should be located in the ##swmCylinder node, which itself should be inside the ##swmCrane node. You can find them quickly by just clicking on the speed loader in the render window. Do this in both models you have open.

You'll then see the original has NiVisControllers inside the casing and speedloader nodes. Just right click one, go to block, copy branch. Then in the gun you're fixing, highlight the appropriate node, right click, block, paste branch.

If you already see NiVisControllers in the nif you're trying to fix, then remove them and replace them. That should work.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

A stormy Nevada sky and Existence 2.0 = holy poo poo.

Not pictured: Me swishing a frag through an open part of the barn wall. Not even tfc 1 will let you capture a grenade in your hand as you throw it:

~*ping*~

Get out of my barn :clint:

Also is there a mod that adds in properly sized/prettier brass that sticks on the ground for much longer?

Your outfit, what is it

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dickeye posted:

Your outfit, what is it

Sunglasses, I use the "Ozzy model Steel" ones.

The rest. I'm using the black field jacket and black hatch operator gloves.

Cigar.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is it possible to add "bosses" to spawn points within the GECK? What I want to do is take all the different weapon and armor mods and poo poo that I have and put them on different named NPCs around the wasteland.

A Lamer posted:

This guy added a bunch, I'm using them and they work great.

Finally, my internet prayers have been answered - Fully Integrated DLC Items adds all the preorder items into the leveled lists, so you don't start out armed to the loving teeth.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 23, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
gently caress, double post

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Capn Beeb posted:

Use sgtm 0.2 before you do anything finicky like that.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

rope kid posted:

Use sgtm 0.2 before you do anything finicky like that.

Well aren't you a peach :tipshat:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

The rest. I'm using the black field jacket and black hatch operator gloves.
Ok, I see that big rear end machete thing on the back of so many armor sets. Are there any mods that actually let you use it?

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Seems that the Electro-City guy put out another mod:

DYNAVISION: http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39756

Looks...interesting. At first I thought it was some crazy-high DOF mod, which it essentially is, but it has autofocusing, which sounds kind of nuts. Apparently using it with FNV Enhanced Shaders Lite is almost as good as using the non-lite version, but without a performance hit. I think I'll try it out when I get home today.

EDIT: Also, uh. Nazi Zombies Fallout Style updated??? http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39765

Here's the description:
"In Goodsprings. Follow the road that goes to the left of the gas station to a building. there are the zombies"

They just look like feral ghouls to me :psyduck:

potaties fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jan 23, 2011

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Gyshall posted:

This guy added a bunch, I'm using them and they work great.
Everything this guy makes is gold. Thanks. :)

potaties posted:

On top of this, pretty much everything in the entire family of mods (which now officially includes URWL I guess) has received an update. Electro city is claiming to have given the strip some love so that should be interesting (still patching :saddowns:)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

potaties posted:

Looks...interesting. At first I thought it was some crazy-high DOF mod, which it essentially is, but it has autofocusing, which sounds kind of nuts. Apparently using it with FNV Enhanced Shaders Lite is almost as good as using the non-lite version, but without a performance hit. I think I'll try it out when I get home today.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this mod. I've been playing around with it for a while and it doesn't seem to generate a "blur" for out-of-focus objects so much as a bloom or softening. The result is pretty subtle (not a bad thing) but after an hour of running around with it, I'm not sure the effect is pronounced, realistic, or pretty enough to warrant using it. That being said, I could certainly see this doing all the right things for somebody.

Also, the impact on performance is negligible (as compared the ENB DoF.)

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
Ok, so I'm trying a new install sans New Vegas Bounties (gently caress that mod) but why can I no longer find any mention of Nevada Skies - URWLified ?
Has it been superseded by the newest version of Electro City?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Mister Bung posted:

Ok, so I'm trying a new install sans New Vegas Bounties (gently caress that mod) but why can I no longer find any mention of Nevada Skies - URWLified ?

Nevada Skies - URWLified? I just checked the link in the OP and it still works. As far as I can see the mod is still up.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Mister Bung posted:

Just want to point out, after looking at your load order earlier, I decided to give Underwater FX + Godrays a shot, but I distinctly could not get them to play nice with NSkies URWLified. Just a forewarning, but then again maybe someone else knows how to shove 'em in the load order to make them work together. Also yeah, Nevada Skies URWLified even just got an update today, so it's definitely still up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?

potaties posted:

Just want to point out, after looking at your load order earlier, I decided to give Underwater FX + Godrays a shot, but I distinctly could not get them to play nice with NSkies URWLified. Just a forewarning, but then again maybe someone else knows how to shove 'em in the load order to make them work together. Also yeah, Nevada Skies URWLified even just got an update today, so it's definitely still up.

Ah right, I'll grab the new version then.

I had no issues with UnderwaterFX+Godrays, the effect worked fine regardless of whatever weather effects were going on etc. It was always sitting at the very bottom, so who knows?
BOSS has done weird stuff though in that it's done a significant rearrange of the same mods into a new order (seemingly with no difference) now that I have a new install. I'm just finishing up the reinstall so fingers crossed I can salvage my 54 hour game :(