Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Gyshall posted:

Ah, I see. I guess I can probably just find a radio in the vanilla game and copy/paste the script from it onto the UH one. In theory, I guess.

The UH script is most likely serving the purpose of tweaking normal game radio mechanics, not replacing them, so all you should have to do is remove the UH script and the radio will function as a normal activator, except with the station you specify in NVEdit. All the UH script is doing is changing the RADIO variable on the fly depending on user input, which is making the game mirror the set of actions you took to change the variable in NVEdit. I just didn't realize when I told you to do it that there was an extra script that would keep resetting your work. If you remove the script, you remove the problem.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I'll give that a shot, thanks.

I could just turn the radio station on in my Pipboy, but my immersion, etc.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain McStabbin posted:

Since Reload seems to be stuck in Limbo, does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative?

Use Gtab's ammo crafting overhaul instead. No new weapons, but easy reloading recipes:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35814

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe

Gyshall posted:

I've had some stuttering/hanging issues with it in my load order as well. When inside or around the hideout, I get "pauses" every so often when moving the mouse around.

With it disabled, my game runs just fine. Which sucks, because the hideout is pretty sweet.

Well the stuttering is game-wide and the crash was in the secret areas. Crossing my fingers on the edit once I get home.

I want my Bat(crazy)-Cave to work Dammit.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

A Lamer posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39799

Have at ye, seeker of comedy.

I wondered when someone would port over all these assets from their respective FO3 mods in an official way. I'd been goofing around with them myself but didn't feel the need to release anything.. though I am currently running around with a modified version of the DL-44 blaster with the scope removed as a fun alternative to the standard laser pistol.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Have there been any decent mods that add new monsters/enemies? I'm wanting to play through the game again, but I'm gonna do it heavily modded and with some craziness. Was hoping Mart's Mutant Mod would be ported over, but I guess no luck.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

lilspooky posted:

Have there been any decent mods that add new monsters/enemies? I'm wanting to play through the game again, but I'm gonna do it heavily modded and with some craziness. Was hoping Mart's Mutant Mod would be ported over, but I guess no luck.

Not yet, additional monsters are probably the biggest thing lacking from New Vegas right now.

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!
Any tips on how to get electricity to run? As soon as I enable it, I can no longer save. The moment I save it crashes to desktop. Evennput in the boonies where there should be no lights.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Is it near the bottom of your load order?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

lilspooky posted:

Have you tried out the Increased Wasteland Spawns mod yet? It does a good job of making the Mojave Wasteland feel like it's actually an area of contention. And enabling the ultra spawns will have you fighting to keep your ground.

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

Is it near the bottom of your load order?

Ya. Like last. I think imagination is above it, although I am sure I moved it the other way once or trice.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow, finally got to install NVEdit, got the instructions as well and I am basically lost. I wasn't intimidated by anything but after I start it up and it does a run through of my load order I get nothing. And apparently unless I am looking for a specific issue (which I am not) that's about it.
No colors, notes, nothing.

According to the instructions this means nothing is wrong. Well gently caress.

Any hints on basic usage of an apparently great tool?

Edit: and as I understand it, the higher up the load order the high the priority of the mod?

Smuggins fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jan 25, 2011

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Mods last on your load order are loaded last, so their changes are more likely to occur as intended.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Smuggins posted:

I want my Bat(crazy)-Cave to work Dammit.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36068

Machismo posted:

Ya. Like last. I think imagination is above it, although I am sure I moved it the other way once or trice.

Try moving it to (near) the top. I have it there and it doesn't cause problems.

Edit: read the load order readme in every electrocity family release. Imaginator should be the last of the collection loaded.

A Lamer fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 25, 2011

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Revolver Bunker posted:

Have you tried out the Increased Wasteland Spawns mod yet? It does a good job of making the Mojave Wasteland feel like it's actually an area of contention. And enabling the ultra spawns will have you fighting to keep your ground.

I've only played through the game once and maybe used like 1 or 2 mods if that, and nothing major. I'm one of those people who can't just keep playing through the game over and over, I get burnt out too easily. So what I like to do with these Bethesda games is give them some time after finishing the "stock" game to allow modders to go nuts and come out with all kinds of neat stuff. Then down the line I'll get it set up and go through the game again. Just how I do things! v:shobon:v

More spawns would be good, just also want new unique or expanded enemies to fight. So I'll just keep biding my time!

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
So I tried out the MAD World RPG Quick Start - It lets you have a fast character creation with some perks and role play stuff, and lets you choose where to start. I choose the Gunslinger background and to start in Primm. (Oh yeah, I also used the Increased Spawns mod) (oh yeah, and the XFO increased enemy health and AI)

I started off with a .357 with 11 bullets. Primm is crawling with convicts. Must have been 20 or so outside in total, maybe more. I only survived by kiting them back to the NCR base and hiding. I think I'm going to have to sneak over to Goodsprings because I need XP like a motherfucker. This is certainly a much more exciting New Vegas open than the vanilla one.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Anyone know of that TG armor set works with the type 3 bodies? Also, progress has been slow on my all-in-one type dealie since I have a new four legged addition to my family now, but I'm still puttering away here n' there when I can.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Naky posted:

Anyone know of that TG armor set works with the type 3 bodies? Also, progress has been slow on my all-in-one type dealie since I have a new four legged addition to my family now, but I'm still puttering away here n' there when I can.

I don't know what armor you're talking about, but if it's not specifying a body mod like type 3 then it should work without. The type 3 outfits require type 3 because they include the upperbody.nif as a sub object, and with other body mods or the default one there will be clipping issues.

vv Edit: Yeah that. I sperged off in a random direction but it still stands if you're using type 3 as well for the same reasons. vv

A Lamer fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 25, 2011

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Naky posted:

You should be fine. I used a type 3 body on my female run and everything was fine.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So I downloaded IWS High Spawns and all 3 optional files, but my game started getting kind of laggy, and I'm in New Vegas. Any way to rectify this?

Also, guy who had that sniper, you got a download linked? Looks like one of the better done ones, plus raufoss mk211s are awesome

Brace fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 25, 2011

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Brace posted:

So I downloaded IWS High Spawns and all 3 optional files, but my game started getting kind of laggy, and I'm in New Vegas. Any way to rectify this?

Switch to medium spawns?

Though I don’t think IWS is your problem. New Vegas stutters due to all the neon lighting and Facegen choking on all the NPCs.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Terpfen posted:

Switch to medium spawns?

Though I don’t think IWS is your problem. New Vegas stutters due to all the neon lighting and Facegen choking on all the NPCs.

I'll check out some open areas and see if the problem persists.

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

God drat it, Electro-City. Why won't you work. You crash always, you gorgeous bastard.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I wish dude would make a version of Electrocity that didn't have the ~~~~~~~~ANOTHER GREAT JOB BY ELECTROCITY~~~~~~ signs on every lamp post, or with the engineer NPCs that take twelve or thirteen shots point blank with magnum shotgun ammo to kill. My immersion :argh:

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

You could tweak the NPCs pretty easily, just open up FNVEdit and edit their armor which is set at 99 DT. I don't know why the mod author chose to make them unkillable either.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
They certainly aren't unkillable. Deathclaws hosed one up instantly.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I think deathclaws ignore DT so that makes sense.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
You punk kids and your "sub machine" guns. How does this cobbled together lump of plumbing loving work?

Oh gently caress it;

If I need more than six shots something is wrong :clint: Lookit that chump, rusted out clapped out 10mm semi auto locked wide open, not a round hit me and you got like a million rounds in the mag :rolleye:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Capn Beeb posted:

You punk kids and your "sub machine" guns. How does this cobbled together lump of plumbing loving work?

You get enormously loving high and make some sacrifices to a laundry list of gods is how it works.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
So IWS is stable and worth using?

Started playing this again yesterday and installed the mods I wanted but missed that. I used to have MMM with FO3 but it caused random crashes so spawn increasers sort of left a poop taste in my mouth.

How much extra spawns does the basic version that doesn't require NVSE add?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Fewd posted:

So IWS is stable and worth using?

Started playing this again yesterday and installed the mods I wanted but missed that. I used to have MMM with FO3 but it caused random crashes so spawn increasers sort of left a poop taste in my mouth.

How much extra spawns does the basic version that doesn't require NVSE add?

I've only just started my new play-through with it, but when I went to Vanilla Primm, I remember maybe 9 or 10 convicts maximum outside. With Core IWS and the lowest increase version, there were at least 20. I don't even want to know how many are in Buffalo Steve's...

So far it's been stable but like I said, I only just started.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

IWS comments posted:

I noticed a possible bug, I'm getting active spawns of Evolved Centaurs, Coyotes and Feral Ghouls in the middle of Primm, killing the residents. Had it happend on high and med spawns. Also, only happend once so far so not sure if issue with IWS, but was heading to NoVac and got message basically telling me Manny Vargis was killed, never did find his body. Those are the only things I've noticed so far..

Seems like I'll just install the basic one without active spawns for now.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Extended New Vegas Radio Generator
Extends the number of songs New Vegas Radio is allotted to play from 20-25, up to 32,000. Can be used in conjunction with...

This mod is awesome. Taking out the Powder Gangers in there little prison while blaring 'Paranoid' is way to awesome, Fallout's setting be damned. :rock:

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Rescanned the thread a bit, thank goodness for search function. I got all my mods to play nice after tweaking the load order (with the last in line being stabler note), NVEdit acted like voodoo powder because I did not see a single colored conflict message after running it but my troubles evaporated. Thanks to anyone who contributed advice.

No more stuttering except in very rare cases and only ONE CTD in 4 hours as opposed to 5 in 30 minutes.

For the poster with Elctro City Blues, I avoided the highways addon and have had no issues (my crashes were in my Underground bunker mod). The load order is near the top of my list (Right after things like Comm Patch/Bounties/World of pain) and I placed the sunglasses/bright skies addon above it per it's notes. Only info I think may help.

Seems unfair they put an electro worker in the powergang prison cell and you can't release him. Poor guy just wants to bring light to the desert.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You get enormously loving high and make some sacrifices to a laundry list of gods is how it works.

I need to start taking screenshots for this thread now that I have more armor options and my WoP fight have become ridiculous, drat.

Smuggins fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jan 25, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SheepNameKiller posted:

You could tweak the NPCs pretty easily, just open up FNVEdit and edit their armor which is set at 99 DT. I don't know why the mod author chose to make them unkillable either.

This is what I've been doing, it's just annoying to have to do it every update. I've actually removed them completely from the game.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Gyshall posted:

This is what I've been doing, it's just annoying to have to do it every update. I've actually removed them completely from the game.

You can actually make a compatibility patch yourself so you don't have to do it every update, you don't even need to fire up the GECK.

- first make a copy of the electro-city completed workorders ESP, renaming it to something you'll remember, like EC ArmorTweaks

- Enable your copy using NVMM and load it after completed workorders

- delete all references to everything in the COPY except for the engineer armor using FNVEdit

- eyeball the armor reference to make sure none of the values say "Error: Invalid Reference" or anything along those lines. If there are missing values, just copy and paste the values from the completed workorders ESP that appears alongside your copy, which will add that mod to your mod as a master. Some mods require you to do this, some don't, depends on whether other stuff is referenced by the values you're tweaking.

- Tweak the armor in your copy to have the DR/DT values you want

- Save

You'll never need to make the changes again as long as you keep your compatibility patch loaded after the main mod. All you're doing is telling New Vegas to load Electro-City and then load your compatibility patch, which overrides the DT and DR on the engineer armors of the original mod.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 25, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Fuckin a, you're the man, SheepNameKiller. I never knew that it was that simple to make a patch. Thanks.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

lilspooky posted:

I've only played through the game once and maybe used like 1 or 2 mods if that, and nothing major. I'm one of those people who can't just keep playing through the game over and over, I get burnt out too easily. So what I like to do with these Bethesda games is give them some time after finishing the "stock" game to allow modders to go nuts and come out with all kinds of neat stuff. Then down the line I'll get it set up and go through the game again. Just how I do things! v:shobon:v

More spawns would be good, just also want new unique or expanded enemies to fight. So I'll just keep biding my time!

IWS does a pretty good job of populating the areas with their respected territories. NCR patrol in and around the Mojave Outpost and will occasionally engage feral ghouls, ants, and other things that normally hang around there. The area south of Novac is a war zone between the NCR, Viper Gang, Legion, and Geckos. I'd have to say that IWS adds more life to the game and gives incentive to pick and choose when you fight.

I'm on my second playthrough with IWS set at medium spawns. I'm in the Novac area and I'm hurting for ammo now even though I'm cycling between 6 different types of ammo. But I have to say that it's more fun then my vanilla run through.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Gyshall posted:

Fuckin a, you're the man, SheepNameKiller. I never knew that it was that simple to make a patch. Thanks.

You're welcome. The same method can be used to make compatibility patches for one or more mods that affect the same variable, just make a copy of the mod that's loading last between the two and copy and paste the values you want from each into the copy. I used this method to make compatibility patches for new vegas redesigned and some of the other stuff I have that tweaks NPCs. Having a good understanding of NVEdit can really help kick your modding up to the next level.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

SheepNameKiller posted:

You're welcome. The same method can be used to make compatibility patches for one or more mods that affect the same variable, just make a copy of the mod that's loading last between the two and copy and paste the values you want from each into the copy. I used this method to make compatibility patches for new vegas redesigned and some of the other stuff I have that tweaks NPCs. Having a good understanding of NVEdit can really help kick your modding up to the next level.

So how can I use FNVedit to remove my conflicts and poo poo and make my game run smoother?