Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bruckner
Sep 11, 2010
The nolan riffs are some of the funneist, no one else seems to think so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rirse posted:

The new video posted on Rifftrax's Youtube feed reveals that next month Inception and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will get riffed.

:neckbeard: So excited for OotP, all the Harry Potter riffs have been solid gold!

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

bruckner posted:

The nolan riffs are some of the funneist, no one else seems to think so.

"People say I have a buckish sense of feistiness that's irresistible."

"Biff! Pow! Shmutz!"

The Dark Knight is my favourite Riff.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
According to Wikipedia, Inception will be released on February 1st and Order of the Phoenix will be the 15th of February. I can't wait for either of them, since The Dark Knight and the other four Harry Potters were solid gold.

Professor Moody: "I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end! Any questions?"
Bill: "Uh, yes, *bleep* magnets, how do they work?"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
After so very long, The Day After Tomorrow is no longer my favorite.

Red Dawn is a frickin' masterpiece. Joel McHale needs to come back for more 80's schlock.

bruckner
Sep 11, 2010

Cassa posted:

"People say I have a buckish sense of feistiness that's irresistible."

"Biff! Pow! Shmutz!"

The Dark Knight is my favourite Riff.

and Memento: ( the polarized camera pic reads 'she will help you with your pity')

"The best seven words in the English language!"

(car pulls out)

"Oh cool! In the next scene we're going to see the car pull in and it's gonna be really awesome!!!!!"

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Tony Danza Claus posted:

After so very long, The Day After Tomorrow is no longer my favorite.

Red Dawn is a frickin' masterpiece. Joel McHale needs to come back for more 80's schlock.

Woah, the fact that there's a RiffTrax starring Joel McHale had completely escaped my attention for some reason. Buying this so hard right now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Locutus Of Bored posted:

According to Wikipedia, Inception will be released on February 1st and Order of the Phoenix will be the 15th of February. I can't wait for either of them, since The Dark Knight and the other four Harry Potters were solid gold.

Professor Moody: "I'm here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye, the end! Any questions?"
Bill: "Uh, yes, *bleep* magnets, how do they work?"

Did anyone else find the Dark Knight riff impossible to follow? The movie changes volume constantly. Loud scene, quiet scene VERY LOUD SCENE, quiet scene, EVEN LOUDER THAN EVER BEFORE SCENE, even quieter scene. So the riffs would either be inaudible, or completely overwhelming the movie.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I've been watching the Star Wars ones over the last few days. I haven't watched Episode 2 (I don't think even they can redeem that pile of trash) and I'm down to Return of the Jedi.

I think my favorite line in any of them is when Luke turns on the lights on C3PO after R2 escapes, "I wasn't reading Popular Mechanics with my pants down!"

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I think my favorite will be a sad Vader voice singing "Cat's in the cradle" as Luke turns down his offer to join him.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
My favorite is the closeup of R2 as Kevin goes "I stood next to your mother as she died!"

Close second is Bill, at the end of episode 3: "If this thing slowly rotates him face down into a pie, this whole journey will have been worth it."

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I just watched the Rifftrax for Wicker Man.

I did not enjoy, I laughed at maybe 3 or 4 jokes and the rest were pretty awful. Kevin/Servo is loving awful, every single one of his jokes is some stupid obscure reference/singing. By the end I was just ignoring the rifftrax and enjoying the actual movie.

Also I'm glad they've stopped having disembaudio "sync up" like every 10 minutes like the did during this one. its annoying.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Gozinbulx posted:

I did not enjoy, I laughed at maybe 3 or 4 jokes and the rest were pretty awful. Kevin/Servo is loving awful, every single one of his jokes is some stupid obscure reference/singing. By the end I was just ignoring the rifftrax and enjoying the actual movie.

Also I'm glad they've stopped having disembaudio "sync up" like every 10 minutes like the did during this one. its annoying.

I don't think Rifftrax is for you :shobon:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Arkannoyed posted:

My favorite is the closeup of R2 as Kevin goes "I stood next to your mother as she died!"

I stood by while they had their way with him.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Gozinbulx posted:

If you honestly think that the movie Wicker Man is more interesting/enjoyable than the Rifftrax of said movie, I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps you are more suited to jokes you don't have to think about. For instance, Family Guy.

Also, I seem to remember my copy of The Wicker Man having Disembaudio every few minutes (Although I could be wrong). Are you sure you got the original track from the website and not a file copy? :smug:

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Locutus Of Bored posted:

If you honestly think that the movie Wicker Man is more interesting/enjoyable than the Rifftrax of said movie, I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps you are more suited to jokes you don't have to think about. For instance, Family Guy.

Also, I seem to remember my copy of The Wicker Man having Disembaudio every few minutes (Although I could be wrong). Are you sure you got the original track from the website and not a file copy? :smug:

I said it did have it every 10 minutes.

Also I appreciate the smarmy "perhaps you'd like family guy :smug:" attitude. Ive liked most of the riff traxs ive heard, but this one was terrible. I'm sorry im not sophisticated enough to roll on the floor with laughter as Kevin sings about some stupid thing for the 8th time.

Also yes, i did think the movie was pretty good.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Arkannoyed posted:

Close second is Bill, at the end of episode 3: "If this thing slowly rotates him face down into a pie, this whole journey will have been worth it."

Don't forget all the discussion about Jizz-wailing or any time they start talking about Wookieepedia.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Luigi Thirty posted:

Don't forget all the discussion about Jizz-wailing or any time they start talking about Wookieepedia.

"This article is nominated to be highlighted as a comprehensive article!" ahahaha gently caress

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Locutus Of Bored posted:

"This article is nominated to be highlighted as a comprehensive article!" ahahaha gently caress

And then you read the Jizz page and people are very conflicted over whether jazz is canon or not because a Hasbro toy of the blue elephant guy says he plays jazz instead of jizz.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Any NH goons going to the Cinematic Titanic live show in Concord next Saturday? My buddy is the marketing director for the venue and he tells me there's tons of tickets left still.

From what he told me there will be 2 shows and an autograph session after each one. Hope to see NH goons represent!

info here http://www.ccanh.com/event/cinematic-titanic

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hey suckas:

Rifftrax posted:

We need your help! We're trying to get our video on demand content - hilarious titles such as Voodoo Man, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Maniac, and our Shorts collections - onto the popular Watch Instantly service from NetFlix!

Problem is, they don't think our DVDs have enough "Queue Demand" to warrant having us on the Instant system too. That's where you come in! Simply head over to NetFlix (if you have an account) and add some - or ALL! - of our DVDs to your Queue. This will let the big-wigs over at NetFlix know that we're serious!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You know what DVDs I want to see?

Goddamn Rifftrax Live: Reefer Madness/House On Haunted Hill!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm confused, they won't let someone like Rifftrax put their stuff on the instant stream, but they allow a ton of REALLY BAD movies show up all the time on the services. Most of the time when I see "Newest Arrivals", it's movies I never heard of with a star rating of 1.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

this kid owns:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rirse posted:

I'm confused, they won't let someone like Rifftrax put their stuff on the instant stream, but they allow a ton of REALLY BAD movies show up all the time on the services. Most of the time when I see "Newest Arrivals", it's movies I never heard of with a star rating of 1.

I'm assuming that a lot of that garbage is package deals (sell them the movie that people want to see but they also have to buy these other crappy movies as well.) While with Rifftrax Legend Film doesn't really have a lot of in demand stuff to offer.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Damnit, Rifftrax.

I decided to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy (with accompanying Rifftrax, of course). In the mood for more Rifftrax, I decided to start watching Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, since it's a pretty good riff. About ten minutes in, I realized that I had unintentionally started an Orlando Bloom movie marathon. :(

clarabelle
Apr 9, 2009

Thundercleese5 posted:

So far my favorite Rifftrax are the Twilight series... all of them. In each one I think Mike, Kevin, and Bill hit them perfectly.

I'm inclined to agree, the only problem with this is that I generally want to watch a well-riffed movie more than once, but repeated exposure to the Twilight films is dangerous to my mental health.

It should be interesting to see how they handle the upcoming one. I imagine it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

clarabelle posted:

I'm inclined to agree, the only problem with this is that I generally want to watch a well-riffed movie more than once, but repeated exposure to the Twilight films is dangerous to my mental health.

It should be interesting to see how they handle the upcoming one. I imagine it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel

I think they're declining in quality. Twilight harkened back to MST3K episodes like Agent from HARM or Waahhrewulf where they hit every note perfectly. New Moon and Eclipse are solid but not as consistently great. And it's not just because the movies suck. Yeah, nothing happens in New Moon but Eclipse has a lot more things happening and I expected more.

clarabelle
Apr 9, 2009

weekly font posted:

I think they're declining in quality. Twilight harkened back to MST3K episodes like Agent from HARM or Waahhrewulf where they hit every note perfectly. New Moon and Eclipse are solid but not as consistently great. And it's not just because the movies suck. Yeah, nothing happens in New Moon but Eclipse has a lot more things happening and I expected more.

The Eclipse one featured a bunch of memes that a lot of watchers wouldn't be terribly familiar with. The ones that comes to mind are "magnets, how do they work?", "consequences will never be the same" and "hide yo kids, hide yo wife". Seems like they're alienating the portion of their audience that has blessedly never heard of 4chan.

The Twilight riff was the first I'd ever heard of Rifftrax, so it'll always seem better than the rest to me. The other two do have their good moments though, especially "Casper, the unhealthily co-dependent ghost" in New Moon and "Team Moustache Dad!" in Eclipse (yup, I just went and watched the sample clips on youtube, I'm ashamed)

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

weekly font posted:

I think the main problem is that Twilight's premise is completely shallow, and nothing really happens in the movies, so the guys got most of their good jokes out with the first one. There's only so many variations on Bella stammering jokes they can do.

clarabelle
Apr 9, 2009

bobservo posted:

I think the main problem is that Twilight's premise is completely shallow, and nothing really happens in the movies, so the guys got most of their good jokes out with the first one. There's only so many variations on Bella stammering jokes they can do.

That and the entirely unnecessary mid-sentence pauses. I do have high hopes for the next one though, if the screenwriters stick to what was in the book, there's going to be enough off-the-wall poo poo to give them new material

(Incidentally, I hope the pillow-biting line gets put into the film, it riffs itself)

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
I think everyone forgets this comes from the same group that referenced obscure actors, quotes, gags and TV shows in their jokes on MST3k that (the devoted fans among us) only caught when we were older.

I'm able to take the obscure internet joke with my riffs because that's just how these guys roll and always have. OH WE BUT WE HAVE TO PAY A FEW DOLLARS FOR THEM NOW???? Try sitting through a two hour-plus film and being consistently entertaining for 4 bucks admission.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

bobservo posted:

The riffs on the campy gay vampires in New Moon were great, but yeah, it's hard to joke about two hours of lustful staring.

Videotendo
Jan 5, 2011

Button Masher
Maybe I missed the memo but are they ever going to do another "Live" show? I loved every one that I went to (had to miss House on Haunted Hill though :() and I hope they aren't just stopping.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Vidyatendo posted:

Maybe I missed the memo but are they ever going to do another "Live" show? I loved every one that I went to (had to miss House on Haunted Hill though :() and I hope they aren't just stopping.
Why would you think they're stopping? It hasn't been THAT long since the last one. Wasn't it a good six or seven months between the Christmas show and Reefer Madness?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yes, but the time between Reefer Madness Live and House On Haunted Hill Live was only like a month or two.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

weekly font posted:

The first movie had a ton of pauses, like the best of MST3K's stuff, and was a lot of people's first experience to Twilight in general, thus a lot of humor from the material in itself. The third movie has far less pauses and is paced more smartly, is a much better movie than the first to the point in which it's actually mediocre, and we're already used to the material at this point.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

IUG posted:

Yes, but the time between Reefer Madness Live and House On Haunted Hill Live was only like a month or two.

And it was the same between Plan 9 and the Christmas Shorts. It seems like the pattern is going to be one in the summer and one in the fall/early winter.

I just hope that at some point they actually do that Jack the Giant Killer movie that they teased us with last year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Ice Cream Bunny movie was supposed to be a "live" event in that it would be live streaming over the internet. Although they seemed to have learned their lesson that their web server just isn't powerful enough to handle that kind of traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Videotendo
Jan 5, 2011

Button Masher

Diabolik900 posted:

Why would you think they're stopping? It hasn't been THAT long since the last one. Wasn't it a good six or seven months between the Christmas show and Reefer Madness?

My main concern was that I thought they might have done another Christmas one or something. I dunno really, I mean, they announced the House on Haunted Hill event at the Reefer Madness one. I thought they were considering to do them more regularly or something.

Was it six months? Geez, seemed a lot shorter. That also aided my confusion.

• Locked thread