Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't think Vince is really a racist, there's just more huge white dudes in wrestling than black dudes. I don't think they blew Kofi and MVP because they were black, they hosed up with them because they went loving insane after Lesnar bailed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
And really, have there been any black wrestlers recently who were actually worth pushing to the main event? Just Lashley and MVP come to mind. Maybe Kofi, but he's still there and young and might have a good future. They just need to pick up Kenny King so they can get Shelton Benjamin but with charisma.

EDIT: I forgot about Elijah Burke.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Shelton Benjamin had tons of charisma before he got stop and started so many times that he stopped giving a poo poo.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.
Anyone who thinks Booker T didn't get a serious push because of race is an idiot and didn't watch wrestling when he was in WWE. He was hurt because he was a WCW guy. Plus he did get pushes, including at the expense of Batista (one of Vince and HHH's favorites who is also half-Black) because Booker got the better of Batista in a real fight.

Captain Charisma posted:

I don't think Vince is really a racist, there's just more huge white dudes in wrestling than black dudes.

Similarly, Mark Henry is a huge Black dude who has never drawn but Vince throws money at to keep.

Captain Charisma posted:

Well RVD's problem is that he was at his zenith of popularity during the Invasion and HHH's Reign of Doom.

He also almost killed Triple H.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WeaselWeaz posted:

He also almost killed Triple H.

Did he kick him in the throat on accident or something?

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Close. Frog splash from the top of a podium in the first Elimination Chamber match.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhsMErVH1A8&t=4m5s

How the gently caress did anyone ever think that this spot would be a cool idea?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tyma posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhsMErVH1A8&t=4m5s

How the gently caress did anyone ever think that this spot would be a cool idea?

Holy poo poo. Here is one that is a bit better quality too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRsjoLZJKXA&feature=player_detailpage#t=316s

Pretty brutal. I still can't really tell what happened - was Triple H legit injured from a knee or something on that landing? It looked like he actually hit it about as good as he could have from that height.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 26, 2011

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I don't remember any injury but I do remember being PISSED that RVD was pinned right after hitting such a big move and then HHH went on until the end.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

I don't remember any injury but I do remember being PISSED that RVD was pinned right after hitting such a big move and then HHH went on until the end.

Yeah, that really confused me. How sudden it is and how nothing really goes into it caught me off guard. I just didn't know if Triple H rolling around kicking his feet was just selling that crazy move or if he had actually gotten injured when it hit and then worked the rest of the match.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Pretty brutal. I still can't really tell what happened

RVD lands on his feet, and then tries to fall over forwards as quickly as possible, driving his knee into Hunter's throat :{

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well that did hurt him, but then again that WAS a year after he was getting some of the biggest pops in the company.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tyma posted:

RVD lands on his feet, and then tries to fall over forwards as quickly as possible, driving his knee into Hunter's throat :{

I was thinking that might have been what happened - honestly I'm surprised it didn't end up much worse than that from the angle and how far back from the ring he was.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Vince isn't racist, he's just more ignorant than any person to ever live.

He also knows that wrestling is mostly watched by poor white people. But there are also poor black people and poor latino's who watch wrestling so he gets people for them to cheer as well.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Lone Rogue posted:

Vince isn't racist, he's just more ignorant than any person to ever live.

He also knows that wrestling is mostly watched by poor white people. But there are also poor black people and poor latino's who watch wrestling so he gets people for them to cheer as well.

Yes, it's very likely that the most ignorant person ever to live has been successfully running a multi-million dollar corporation for 30 years.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

CSammich posted:

Yes, it's very likely that the most ignorant person ever to live has been successfully running a multi-million dollar corporation for 30 years.

Oh come on, we all know how loving easy it is to create and maintain a successful wrestling promotion.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

CSammich posted:

I can't tell if this is a serious post or not.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Tyma posted:

I always thought it seemed like HHH was too close to the corner.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

89 posted:

I always thought it seemed like HHH was too close to the corner.

Of course, it's the fault of the guy just laying there, not the guy actually moving.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

CSammich posted:

Of course, it's the fault of the guy just laying there, not the guy actually moving.

RVD also doesn't have a history of this, or anything.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

CSammich posted:

It's the fault of whoever thought it would be a good idea for RVD to climb into a very, very small space, and then try to do a Frog Splash without enough room to stand up, let alone jump properly :{

He really had no choice but to fall off the chamber, and try to somehow land on HHH. I wonder if anyone realised this, until he'd actually climbed up there?

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Tyma posted:

It's the fault of whoever thought it would be a good idea for RVD to climb into a very, very small space, and then try to do a Frog Splash without enough room to stand up, let alone jump properly :{

He really had no choice but to fall off the chamber, and try to somehow land on HHH. I wonder if anyone realised this, until he'd actually climbed up there?

YEAH WELL...dammit, I just can't get snarky to a man with a pony avatar.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

Tyma posted:

The next time he frog splashed HHH he landed with his elbow right on HHH's previously injured quad.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
RVD trying to properly frogsplash HHH is like Abe trying to get Jasper's beard out of the pencil sharpener.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Has there ever been a gimmick of an American Civil War soldier?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Hockles posted:

Has there ever been a gimmick of an American Civil War soldier?

No, but Freebirds vs. Road Warriors was a Civil War reenactment.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Have we considered the fact that HHH deserved it :dukedog:

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

Captain Charisma posted:

Have we considered the fact that HHH deserved it :dukedog:

Took longer than I expected.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Sugar Blaster posted:

RVD trying to properly frogsplash HHH is like Abe trying to get Jasper's beard out of the pencil sharpener.

:laffo:

Also, so it's not a single emoticon reply, I realize this is still a few months away but who do you all see winning Money in the Bank? People are calling Del Rio for the Rumble but I think MitB might be a better fit for him.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
It would be a better fit if WWE had any depth and they didn't need to slam the panic button for WM

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Captain Charisma posted:

It would be a better fit if WWE had any depth and they didn't need to slam the panic button for WM

This is a good point. But still, if not Del Rio, then who?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Karmine posted:

Someone else!

John Morrison: I'm someone else! :aaa:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Karmine posted:

If they're EVER giving him a title which they should, Christian. Also possibly Barrett, Drew, or an established main event guy who they'll blow the first MitB loss on.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

Karmine posted:

MITB should really be used for a guy that can't naturally ascend into the main event picture easily; which is what they tend to use it for. Del Rio is pretty much there now, I don't see the need to waste it on him. Then again whoever gets it will probably cash in quickly, before the MITB PPV, so maybe they'll want to go with someone who's ready now. Or maybe they won't cash in and we'll get dueling briefcases. I could go for that.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Jerusalem posted:

Someone else!

Barrett: Now just wait one minute. Wait ONE minute. :smug:

Christian: :smith:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Someone else!

John Morrison, the first man to cash in MITB on Superstars.

With two weeks notice.

In the opener.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

MassRayPer posted:

John Morrison, the first man to cash in MITB on Superstars.

With two weeks notice.

In the opener.

And lose.

To Nattie.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously, he can only beat The Shameful King so many times before it doesn't mean anything.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fucken_Gieux posted:

Seriously, he can only beat The Shameful King so many times before it doesn't mean anything.

It is almost a shame the king has taken so long to return, Sheamus has felt so unimportant since winning KITR. He needs HHH to return and give him some purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
I love MITB but honestly, Jack swagger's current card position has kinda ruined it for me a little.