Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
If I were Antimony, I'd say "It shows that I'm Coyote's friend."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
Aw, the latest page is cute. I think Ysengrin has really warmed up to Annie, in his own gruff sort of way. :3:

I wonder who else has gotten one of those neat wristbands before, since Ysengrin knows what it is.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

rotinaj posted:

If I were Antimony, I'd say "Get this freaking thing off me!"

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Aw, the latest page is cute. I think Ysengrin has really warmed up to Annie, in his own gruff sort of way. :3:

I wonder who else has gotten one of those neat wristbands before, since Ysengrin knows what it is.

Maybe there was one around his ear.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Annie: good at making friends with weird monsters that try to murder her.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Mickey Eye posted:

Maybe there was one around his ear.

yeah this is what my money's on.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

idonotlikepeas posted:

Annie: good at making friends with weird monsters that try to murder her.
Now she just has to make friends with Jeanne.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

If Ysengrim had one on his ear, that means he would've disobeyed Coyote at some point. Does this seem likely?

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Pester posted:

If Ysengrim had one on his ear, that means he would've disobeyed Coyote at some point. Does this seem likely?

Could be why he doesn't disobey now.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pester posted:

Wasn't there some chapter break art that showed Ysengrim with his ear overlaid by the court symbol? Not proof of anything, but generally such hints have 'played out' accurately in the story.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I'm guessing that Annie won't need to explain the band away after all, and the rest of the forest will be like Ysengrin: they'll know what it is, know what it does, and will be smart enough to not ask why it's there. I'm curious what Annie will tell the Court, if anything. Coyote never forbade her from telling them about the tooth or the band, so he probably doesn't care and/or knows they can't do anything.

I hope this is just a temporary thing for her stay in the forest and Coyote decides he's made his point when she leaves. :ohdear:

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:
Forest-dwellers spotting that binding and clicking their tongues in sympathy all summer long. "Oh man, you got one of those too? You poor schmuck."

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Being a trickster who's very careful to say only as much as is needed and deceive through omission, Coyote knows full well what he did and didn't tell Annie when giving her that bind. Perhaps he expects her to exploit this perceived loophole and tell someone back at the Court eventually. Cause he's *SMART* like that!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Kat can give her a robot hand in any case.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ka0 posted:

Kat can give her a robot hand in any case.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Annie: I will not fight you father.
Anthony: Give yourself to the Court's side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yesss, your feelings for them are strong...

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
I don't think Ysengrin likes hugs very much.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!
Ysengrin is secretly the biggest softie in this entire comic :unsmith:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
alright, everyone, on three. one, two, three,

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

illie
Jan 13, 2011

That's adorable. Looking at his expression in the last panel though I can't help but think of the last time Annie tried to hug him and the caption "Pictured: Stupidest thing Annie's ever done"

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
How Coyote will laugh when Ysengrim and Coyote duel for the heart of the lady.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Kinda weird how Ysengrim and Coyote abruptly switched roles. Now Coyote is the scary one with an alien mind.

Mike McC
Oct 9, 2009

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Kinda weird how Ysengrim and Coyote abruptly switched roles. Now Coyote is the scary one with an alien mind.
I don't think this role for Ysengrin has been all that abrupt.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

DontMockMySmock posted:

alright, everyone, on three. one, two, three,

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Yep, this.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

illie posted:

That's adorable. Looking at his expression in the last panel though I can't help but think of the last time Annie tried to hug him and the caption "Pictured: Stupidest thing Annie's ever done"

So far. :pseudo:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I AM BEING CHOKED

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

illie posted:

I was actually wondering about that, too. Despite it being an objectively stupid action, I wonder if it had an influence on Ysengrin in general; her first impulse on seeing him wasn't to mock or take advantage, but to try to help him. Sure, he snapped at her because he hates being vulnerable, but that doesn't mean it was totally lost on him.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I love all this character development Ysegrin has been getting. I love this pep talk he's giving Annie, it's very sage-like.
He's so much more than a mean old wolf after all. :3:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I think part of it is that before Ysegrin saw Annie as part of the Court, and therefore the enemy. Now he's seeing her as a more complex entity, and someone that the Court has hurt or at the very least lied to.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I think part of it is that before Ysegrin saw Annie as part of the Court, and therefore the enemy. Now he's seeing her as a more complex entity, and someone that the Court has hurt or at the very least lied to.

I think that that is at least hinted at when Ysengrin says that the other creatures of the forest don't know Annie, so they are afraid of her. It's sorta alluding to the fact that Forest Creatures are all naturally suspicious, which would include Ysengrin.

Also, has no one brought up how, as soon as Annie joined the forest for reals, crazy color strips started appearing and the forest got more highlighty? I think we're about to get an awesome splash page. :allears:

EDIT: Also, I'm re-reading this chapter and Coyote tells Annie that she will die when she has a child. The little note underneath says "When?" but it makes perfect sense because its in a fire's nature to spread itself. :D

Boxman fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jan 26, 2011

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Freddy "Ysengrin" Nietzsche.

The 19th Person
Sep 26, 2010

The devious DARKBRINGER plans to dominate first Lightbringer, and then the entire Midwest!
Looks like Coyote set up some party decorations in advance.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Oh crap I don't think I could take seeing a hundred forest animals with Coyote-tags on their paws and necks.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

illie posted:

I like that page & Coyote a bunch, so I made some avs if anyone wants them

plain:

smartypants version:

If no one minds, I'm gonna grab the one with text. Kinda fits with the forum name.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I am amused that you said "if no one minds" but then only gave us (at most) ten minutes to respond. What if someone minds but isn't at their computer this instant? Mostly I am thinking of Tuxedo Ted, who has the other version. *shrug*

illie
Jan 13, 2011

I'm glad someone liked 'em. :)

Here's a few more:

(coyote is kind of a creep)

Taken:

(terrible)

re: the update, I can't get enough of the woods. It's so pretty. :3: (okay i'm lyin i miss kat and renard already)

illie fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 27, 2011

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

illie posted:

I'm glad someone liked 'em. :)

(terrible)

Indeed, terrible.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Geekner posted:

Indeed, terrible.
Hey buddy! Can't you read the thread title? :mad:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The more GC themed titles the better, I say.
Except yours, Geekner.

Seriously, though, interesting avatars have a way of drumming up a lot of interest in whatever thing they feature, so I'm excited to see more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Seriously, though, interesting avatars have a way of drumming up a lot of interest in whatever thing they feature, so I'm excited to see more.

I would have gone for one of the Coyote ones, but I just got my avatar/custom title a couple months ago.