Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ibroxmassive posted:

I think, in order, it goes;

Villa have a kit influenced by Rangers and Hearts, which is why they have the lion rampant on their badge.
Burnley copy this design wholesale.
Father of one of West Ham's players wins some kits in a footrace against the Villa team and gives them to the club.

Don't know about the othes.

Here's what I dug up in my sperg-out so far. The South Shields note is because they've died and come back a few times.
code:
Club		est.	colors	league

Aston Villa	1974	1887/90	Premier League

West Ham United	1895	1899	Premier League

Scunthorp	1899	1904	The Championship

Burnley		1882	1910	The Championship

South Shields	lol	1930s	Northern League Division One

Drogheda	1975		Premier League (Ireland)

Trabzonspor	1967		Super Lig (Turkey)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
It happened all the time. Juve's first kit was from Nott's County

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ibroxmassive posted:

It happened all the time. Juve's first kit was from Nott's County

second (and current) kit :eng101:

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
Bilbao and Atletic Madrid are both based on Sunderland's kit aren't they?

I know one of our first kits was based on Blackburn, and the 'all white' European kit is a nudge to Real Madrid.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Couch posted:

Bilbao and Atletic Madrid are both based on Sunderland's kit aren't they?

Southampton. Atletico Madrid was Southampton tops with Blackburn shorts.

TheVertigoOfBliss
Jan 29, 2007
Kyles Athletic shinty clubs first kits were donated by Rangers and they still wear royal blue.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

NeoNaoNeo posted:

Diaby...standing up!? :wth:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Real Madrid's white shirts are based on Corinthians.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&query=72157+&N=0&Product_Id=1002854

Buying this, looks awesome.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Is it save to dry a jersey in a standard dryer, or should I let it air dry? I haven't washed any of mine yet due to paranoia about damaging their quality :ohdear:

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

the posted:

Is it save to dry a jersey in a standard dryer, or should I let it air dry? I haven't washed any of mine yet due to paranoia about damaging their quality :ohdear:

Just air dry, the material jerseys use dries very quickly.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the posted:

I dry my jerseys on low all the time; hasn't killed one yet. Wash/dry inside out, though, to help protect any printing on the front.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Footy tops dry in about 10 minutes, it's brilliant

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

the posted:

I wash mine inside out and air dry.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
It sounds like you're referring to hand-washing?

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
I really like that and would love to use that for my rec team but not for $80.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

the posted:

It sounds like you're referring to hand-washing?

gently caress no. Washing machine on 40 and put it on the line for 4-5 minutes

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

calcio posted:

I really like that and would love to use that for my rec team but not for $80.

I put in a request to soccer triads.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

NeoNaoNeo posted:

Those boots look pretty nice.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

CubanMissile posted:

Those boots look pretty nice.

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-002-009-E17&DEPT=2&BRAND=9&SS=1&GROUP=CTR

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

NeoNaoNeo posted:

New France Kit, I thought it looked nice..

Welp time to break an old promise and buy a France kit.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
e: better link

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/kits/61947/new-300m-nike-france-kit-is-a-bit-italian-laurent-blanc.html

quote:

This is France’s first ever Nike kit, which can lay claim to being the most expensive football kit of all time. It cost Nike around €300m (€42m per year until 2018) to buy the rights (previously held by Adidas) to dress the French team with a swoosh (several swooshes actually). Which is a ridiculous price, frankly.

Nike sealed the deal back in 2008, when France were half-decent and coming off the back of a hugely successful ten years. But since then, France have deteriorated massively – through in-fighting, mostly – to become a bit of a laughing stock in international football. Cue very nervous Nike execs as the new kit was launched this week.

France coach Laurent Blanc, the man charged with leading France back to the top of the FIFA rankings, was hardly on message with his views of the new uniform, saying: “I find that the completely blue jersey is beautiful but a bit Italian.”

Just what Nike wanted to hear, Laurent. He has a point, as the shirt is all blue, and a shade of blue that does bring the Azzurri to mind – though you can roll up the sleeves to reveal a red lining, which is rather neat/gimmicky (del. where applicable).

Mandalay fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 24, 2011

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Can't believe I didn't realise they'd changed from Adidas to Nike. It's not a bad price considering.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
That France kit is gorgeous. I think I may get one to wear unironically around in Oklahoma, the redest state in the Union.

fgwsss
Oct 7, 2004
Masturbation is good, but it is not the best, 'cause nothing beats the touch of your clitoris.
I don't know if it's kosher to ask this or not now, but does anyone have any info on some newer sites like soccertriads or yukijersey?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

fgwsss posted:

I don't know if it's kosher to ask this or not now, but does anyone have any info on some newer sites like soccertriads or yukijersey?

We've talked a lot about triads at least and the consensus is that the shirts look real unless they are directly compared side by side with a real shirt. Slow-rear end shipping.

fgwsss
Oct 7, 2004
Masturbation is good, but it is not the best, 'cause nothing beats the touch of your clitoris.

GutBomb posted:

We've talked a lot about triads at least and the consensus is that the shirts look real unless they are directly compared side by side with a real shirt. Slow-rear end shipping.

Oh I know, what I meant any new sites other than those two that are reliable.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Nike have done the same thing with the France shirt as they did with the French rugby shirt, changing it from a brighter blue to a navy, although the French Rugby shirt has a disgusting wave thing in lighter blue on it.

Looks pretty nice, but I don't think I could wear that collar.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Dirk Pitt posted:

That France kit is gorgeous. I think I may get one to wear unironically around in Oklahoma, the redest state in the Union.
I wear a Yoann Gourcuff shirt around OKC. Most people who would be offended have no idea what it is.

I'm trying to get my brother a Forlan shirt but that's turning into a daunting task. I got a message earlier from a distributor telling me that Atletico shirts weren't allowed to be sold in the US and that Puma hadn't released the Uruguayan national shirt yet. Where does the Atletico thing come from? Apologies if this is a stupid question but I'm new to online shirt shopping.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Ivan Drago posted:

I wear a Yoann Gourcuff shirt around OKC. Most people who would be offended have no idea what it is.

I'm trying to get my brother a Forlan shirt but that's turning into a daunting task. I got a message earlier from a distributor telling me that Atletico shirts weren't allowed to be sold in the US and that Puma hadn't released the Uruguayan national shirt yet. Where does the Atletico thing come from? Apologies if this is a stupid question but I'm new to online shirt shopping.

Email the club and ask them to ship direct?

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
Soccertriads ship to the US.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Nike have done the same thing with the France shirt as they did with the French rugby shirt, changing it from a brighter blue to a navy, although the French Rugby shirt has a disgusting wave thing in lighter blue on it.

What wave thing?

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Vagabundo posted:

What wave thing?

That's a very gorgeous shirt even with the middle thing.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

calcio posted:

That's a very gorgeous shirt even with the middle thing.

Rugby players tend to hold the ball against their torso, so that middle thing provides some grip for it. You don't really notice it when their playing. It looks like Nike's philosophy towards rugby jerseys is being applied to their football shirts judging from the French football team shirts (which appears to be "simple and timeless") - which is also quite gorgeous.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
France kit voted "Most Uncanny Resemblance to an IT Polo Shirt" to rave reviews

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ivan Drago posted:

looks like Subside Sports have the kit, and that's a link to their U.S. site, too.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

Vagabundo posted:

Rugby players tend to hold the ball against their torso, so that middle thing provides some grip for it. You don't really notice it when their playing. It looks like Nike's philosophy towards rugby jerseys is being applied to their football shirts judging from the French football team shirts (which appears to be "simple and timeless") - which is also quite gorgeous.

All rugby shirts have those stupid things on them now, I blame Adidas.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

What wave thing?

This is a fantastic shirt holy cow

Some new ones up on Footballshirtculture (albeit South American clubs)

This shirt looks like a jersey/sweater vest combo

whereas this one

is awesome

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 27, 2011

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Directorman posted:

This is a fantastic shirt holy cow

Some new ones up on Footballshirtculture (albeit South American clubs)

This shirt looks like a jersey/sweater vest combo

whereas this one

is awesome

Umbro's kits are aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Those are Universidad San Martin and Sporting Cristal. My team (Universitario de Deportes) also got a new Umbro kit, it's pretty awesome. Our biggest rivals Alianza Lima signed a deal with Nike. ALl of a sudden Peruvian teams have jerseys by recognized brands, long gone are the days of wearing Walon/Marathon or some badly tailored shirt.