Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Brace posted:

So how can I use FNVedit to remove my conflicts and poo poo and make my game run smoother?

Well the OP does have this
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38413

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

KakerMix posted:

All the times I looked over it I never saw that :negative:

Also guy that posted pictures of using the mk211, what is the sniper!!!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Brace posted:

All the times I looked over it I never saw that :negative:

It's cool, there is a LOT of stuff in the OP. I would also like to say that this guide is actually really well put together, and using FNVEdit is actually pretty easy. It's really logical to work with once you 'get' it.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

KakerMix posted:

It's cool, there is a LOT of stuff in the OP. I would also like to say that this guide is actually really well put together, and using FNVEdit is actually pretty easy. It's really logical to work with once you 'get' it.

Nevermind, I really need zoidberg to give me the name of that goddamn sniper..

Brace fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 25, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

KakerMix posted:

Goddamn, how did I miss this poo poo?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

You get enormously loving high and make some sacrifices to a laundry list of gods is how it works.

What the gently caress

Hood I know, the shoulder looks like it came out of Satchels or TM, no idea about the rest though.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Brace posted:

AW50

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Dickeye posted:

What the gently caress

Hood I know, the shoulder looks like it came out of Satchels or TM, no idea about the rest though.

Everything (but the hood) is from the Fallout 3 Scavenger Armor Mod. I just ripped some resources and integrated them into the game.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Everything (but the hood) is from the Fallout 3 Scavenger Armor Mod. I just ripped some resources and integrated them into the game.

Am I dreaming or are there pics of a fully modeled and nicely textured Fallout Tactics hummer on that page? :aaaaa:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
What does it mean when I start up FNVedit Master Update and it says something about Skip These Records: and has a few of them checked but the rest unticked?

Why can't I change the... I guess reloading materials for the Raufoss Round? I saved it as the active file, and I saved it as a new .esp, and nothing. It made a duplicate with the actual changes I wanted, but it never actually let me modify it so I could make the rounds with slightly less retarded requirements.

Brace fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 26, 2011

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
For anyone having problems with ElectroCity crashing your game, I fired up FNVEdit and got totally lost, so I just rolled the dice and clicked Create Merged Patch for all of my ElectroCity files as well as World of Pain, Open Strip, Lings, URWL, and a couple others. Whatever that did, running that patch last in my load order cured my crashes.

I don't know what it did or why it worked, and your mileage may vary, but try FNVEdit and making a merged patch without touching anything else, it may work for you.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

That's kind of an antiquated way of doing things, any time you do a merge everything patch you're essentially removing load order from the equation and you're guaranteed to be losing potential functionality in your mods. It's not only antiquated, it's actually kind of a bad idea on a general basis, especially in the case of lighting mods. I can believe that it fixed your crashes, but chances are you're also totally overwriting all of URWL's settings with Electro-City's settings or vice versa.

Also I would not be shocked at all if Open Strip wasn't the mod responsible for your conflicts. That is one of the buggiest mods out currently.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 26, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
How do I remove Master file dependencies in GECK? I accidentally had Calibr.esm checked when working on my mod and now it's an unwanted master for the weapon pack. I tried removing it in FNVEdit and it didn't work.

Also, if I can get some dedicated time to work on this thing without life pestering me, I'm actually pretty close to finishing this thing for testing.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I don't know that you can, Naky. Something similar happened to me when modding for Oblivion and I had to start completely over. :shepface:

I hope there is a way to edit out an ESM, because... you've done a lot of work on this megamod and I'd hate to see that time investment compromised.

lipstick thespian
Sep 20, 2005

by Ozmaugh

Capn Beeb posted:

AW50

Another really great sniper rifle mod is the Accuracy International, found here:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37674

It looks really nice and is relatively well-balanced provided you don't get it too early. It's got great sounds too. It's been a godsend in this playthrough (trying to get to black mountain with the increased spawn mod = slogging through 20 adult deathclaws attacking in groups of two or three)

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Naky posted:

How do I remove Master file dependencies in GECK? I accidentally had Calibr.esm checked when working on my mod and now it's an unwanted master for the weapon pack. I tried removing it in FNVEdit and it didn't work.

Also, if I can get some dedicated time to work on this thing without life pestering me, I'm actually pretty close to finishing this thing for testing.
How didn't it work?
If you've got a series of masters (like Calibr, Master2, Master3) then deleting the first one sometimes causes the records to get bent out of shape as some records are looking for the third master when you only have 2. If you alter your load order to Calibr comes after Master2 and Master3 then save in the GECK it'll rearrange the master list to Master2, Master3, Calibr then you can remove Calibr and nothing gets lost.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
Just added a whole bunch of mods from the OP. One of them added this awful effect to the screen when you get hit that adds huge mostly black blobs over your vision. Anyone know which mod pack does that so I can disable that part?

EDIT: Nevermind it was "8d - Gore Changes" in X F O - N V.

EvilMuppet fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jan 26, 2011

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Naky posted:

Right click the .esp in FNVEdit and click Clean Masters. It removes master files that the .esp does not actually use anything from.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Alright so here's a question: How do I turn a F3 mod into an FNV one, or can I use it as-is.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Schubalts posted:

Right click the .esp in FNVEdit and click Clean Masters. It removes master files that the .esp does not actually use anything from.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot tonight. Previously, I was just trying to delete it to no avail but I'm hardly an FNVedit expert.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Dickeye posted:

Alright so here's a question: How do I turn a F3 mod into an FNV one, or can I use it as-is.

Nothing's changed to the model format, so if you know how to add armor in the GECK you should be good to go.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

A Lamer posted:

Nothing's changed to the model format, so if you know how to add armor in the GECK you should be good to go.

I tried to convert some headgear recently and ingame it shows up sideways, hanging off my character's ear like some ultra-ridiculous earring. :(

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
No one answered my question about being unable to change the materials required to craft a modded bullet. :negative:

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Arenovalis I downloaded your weapons pack even though I already have all the weapons (save the .22, the one in game is very close to one I used to have, I have a liking for it) just so I could endorse it.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

I found it. I found the mod that is everything wrong with the bethesda game modding community.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39902

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Dickeye posted:

It depends. I have an explanation in the OP regarding removing master dependencies so you can use FO3 mods in FO:NV. However, depending on how you plan to integrate the mods, this method may not be necessary. For example, I simply ripped resources straight out of the mod's meshes and textures folder and then directed a new armor.esp to those files. That involves building everything from the ground up (at least until you get a FormID for the new item, so you can summon it via console, unless you want to add them to leveled lists directly or via script.)

Not a whole lot of mods can be added to the game via the OP method, but it will allow you to open up the actual ESP / ESM in New Vegas' GECK so you can pick it apart, see how it works, and rip scripts (without stripping master dependencies, you won't even be able to open an FO3 mod in New Vegas' GECK.)

LvK posted:

I tried to convert some headgear recently and ingame it shows up sideways, hanging off my character's ear like some ultra-ridiculous earring. :(

Was it the Boonie Hat mod? If so, that was an error on the author's part. Regardless, you have to open up the mod in FNVEdit and do the following:

1. Expand the mod's tree; select "Armor" from the list
2. Select the headgear(s) that are rendering incorrectly. In the right-hand panel, there will be a lot of information that is displayed.
3. Ensure that the "Male Biped Model" and "Female Biped Model" MOSD -Facegen Model Flags point to "Head" (value 1). If not, change them so they do. Otherwise the esp will continue to tell the game to render poo poo on the side of your head like it's sitting on the ground.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It depends. I have an explanation in the OP regarding removing master dependencies so you can use FO3 mods in FO:NV. However, depending on how you plan to integrate the mods, this method may not be necessary. For example, I simply ripped resources straight out of the mod's meshes and textures folder and then directed a new armor.esp to those files. That involves building everything from the ground up (at least until you get a FormID for the new item, so you can summon it via console, unless you want to add them to leveled lists directly or via script.)

Not a whole lot of mods can be added to the game via the OP method, but it will allow you to open up the actual ESP / ESM in New Vegas' GECK so you can pick it apart, see how it works, and rip scripts (without stripping master dependencies, you won't even be able to open an FO3 mod in New Vegas' GECK.)

Was it the Boonie Hat mod? If so, that was an error on the author's part. Regardless, you have to open up the mod in FNVEdit and do the following:

2. Select the headgear(s) that are rendering incorrectly. In the right-hand panel, there will be a lot of information that is displayed.
3. Ensure that the "Male Biped Model" and "Female Biped Model" MOSD -Facegen Model Flags point to "Head" (value 1). If not, change them so they do. Otherwise the esp will continue to tell the game to render poo poo on the side of your head like it's sitting on the ground.

The ammunition question, I could use it answered and you are a greater one at anything new vegas than me, please shine upon me with your knowledge

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I don't know about the FNV Master Update thing. I've never used that. But you essentially did this to change the ingredients, but with the GECK? vv

Open the mod in FNVEdit. There should be a Recipe section you can expand. Find the bullet recipe in there, and the ingredients and resulting items will be on the Information window. Just a matter of editting the numbers after that. Copy Misc. Item names from FalloutNV.esm to change ingredients.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

The ammunition question, I could use it answered and you are a greater one at anything new vegas than me, please shine upon me with your knowledge

Why can't I change the... I guess reloading materials for the Raufoss Round? I saved it as the active file, and I saved it as a new .esp, and nothing. It made a duplicate with the actual changes I wanted, but it never actually let me modify it so I could make the rounds with slightly less retarded requirements.

So you opened the mod as an active file, and under the Object Window opened Miscellaneous > Recipe, found your Raufoss Round, opened the item, and modified the ingredients? Then when you saved it you noticed that it did nothing, and there were duplicates when you opened it up again?

A DUPLICATE can occur when you open a file as "active" but modify information from a passive file that is opened at the same time. Since the active file isn't the one that contains the information you've just modified, it's forced to create a duplicate of the modified information when you save the changes. This obviously causes problems.

What are the default ingredients for the Raufoss round and what are you trying to change them to? Are you absolutely positive you have only the FalloutNV.esm and the Raufoss esp (set to active) opened?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Brace posted:

You are probably over looking something simple, kind of hard to tell what you're doing wrong just from that text thought. Take pictures or be more detailed I guess.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

So you opened the mod as an active file, and under the Object Window opened Miscellaneous > Recipe, found your Raufoss Round, opened the item, and modified the ingredients? Then when you saved it you noticed that it did nothing, and there were duplicates when you opened it up again?

A DUPLICATE can occur when you open a file as "active" but modify information from a passive file that is opened at the same time. Since the active file isn't the one that contains the information you've just modified, it's forced to create a duplicate of the modified information when you save the changes. This obviously causes problems.

What are the default ingredients for the Raufoss round and what are you trying to change them to? Are you absolutely positive you have only the FalloutNV.esm and the Raufoss esp (set to active) opened?

I opened up the AW50 mod, changed the Raufoss Round from Flamer Fuel, 25mm Grenade Charge, Powders, Cases, Primer, to just Lead to make it. I clicked save, save, save, over and over again and it said Saving Done! but when I would exit the program, or try to, I would get the prompt, would you like to save changes? Yes. but no matter how many times I would say Yes, it would keep prompting me to save whenever I tried to exit. So I opened up Gtab Ammo Recipes, which basically simplifies Reloading and stuff, and made that the active file. I did the same changes, and my save went through, but in reality, no changes were made to the actual recipe, and a Duplicate was created.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

Naky posted:

Thanks, I'll give that a shot tonight. Previously, I was just trying to delete it to no avail but I'm hardly an FNVedit expert.

Hi, just wanted to say that I am anxiously awaiting your mod!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

A Lamer posted:

I found it. I found the mod that is everything wrong with the bethesda game modding community.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39902

I don't know, this one seems pretty bad too.

psychoelfs Cass shojo

That's right, Cass is now a little anime girl who somehow out-drinks adults and managed to run her own caravan.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Captain McStabbin posted:

I don't know, this one seems pretty bad too.

psychoelfs Cass shojo

That's right, Cass is now a little anime girl who somehow out-drinks adults and managed to run her own caravan.

This mod attempts to add realism in that children would be fighting to exist just like everyone else in the world,

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I remember with Fallout 3 a mod that combined the winterized combat armor and all other combat armors so they had sleeves and gloves. Does anyone know if that mod exists for New Vegas, or a similar one? I liked the look of it but don't know what it was called or who made it.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 27, 2011

Demerzel
Sep 11, 2001

Only the spergiest will do.

Brace posted:

This mod attempts to add realism in that children would be fighting to exist just like everyone else in the world,

Waiting for the update on a prostitution option, children have to eat too! In the interest of realism.

Although a full disclaimer that I do use Killable Kids because murdering adults en masse is only slightly more morally palatable to me. Plus the 2 in the Fort.

Breakdance unarmed would kick rear end, though.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
Well I have to side with the haters regarding NV Bounties I now. I forgot when I last used it I could not even turn it on in data files until I finished with Nipton and Dr Usagi (implants) because key NPC's would never show up. After getting my implants I never had an issue so I clearly remembered the mod with rose-tinted glasses.

NVEdit is not giving me any clear errors and up to Nipton everything is clear sailing until I remember the old bug. Now I would rather not have to start over from the start of this run but I will have to if I can't get it to correct by messing with the mods. (Just turning off bounties never fixed the original error, only NOT turning it on until later avoided it. Then I would saunter over to get the tape and off I went)

Even with FOMM and NVEdit I come up with no errors I can understand.
Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
ClassicPack.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
NewVegasBounties.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
UHNV.esp
BetterLuckySuite.esp
LUMENARIUM - Working Sunglasses ONLY.esp
LUMENARIUM - Bright Clear Days.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
A Place to Stay in Goodsprings.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
MannequinNV.esp
Radio Free Wasteland.esp
Existence2.0.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
community bugfix compilation patch.esp

Checking for errors in Bounties gives me:
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [05] NewVegasBounties.esp
[00:01] DATA - Flags -> <Unknown: 7>
[00:01] Above errors were found in :WastelandNV "Mojave Wasteland" [WRLD:000DA726]
[00:01] Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "WRLD"
[00:01] Above errors were found in :[05] NewVegasBounties.esp

Even with instructions that helped me with the other mods earlier I'm at a loss. I'd hate to make a custom patch because I hear it gives you the worst of both worlds.

Any ideas?

Demerzel
Sep 11, 2001

Only the spergiest will do.
Why does nobody use BOSS? It will sort out your mods quite nicely in compatibility order for you, NVEdit is good for modding but never ever detected a conflict for me unless I specifically went into each one.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Demerzel posted:

Why does nobody use BOSS? It will sort out your mods quite nicely in compatibility order for you, NVEdit is good for modding but never ever detected a conflict for me unless I specifically went into each one.

Is this trolling or something?

To the guy having troubles with bounties, what are the incompatibilities in FNVedit? Are there any?

Brace fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

This worked, thanks! Now I just need to readjust the model so it's not too far up and to the right.