Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Oooooh. My Xbox is in storage but I'll buy this as soon as it's out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Already got it. Rock Band needs more ska.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That loving owns.

There's a song on the new Aquabats album about luck dragons. It's the most incredible thing I've ever heard in my life.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 15, 2011

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
^^Strong Bad and Homestar Runner also make appearances. And the Aquabats have discovered autotuners. And they still keep the ska beat for a song or two.

Josh Wow posted:

Apparently this has been released for almost a month, but nobody in our band has rockband so we didn't know:

http://www.rockband.com/songs/UGC_5004926

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFjytZ-7HPY

Wait, you're in Taj Motel Trio? Holy christ I haven't heard them (you guys?) in a long while, thanks for reminding me about them (you).

DarthXaos
Oct 27, 2010
Well, I for one enjoyed the gently caress out of RBF/Aquabats last night. Although there was too much moshing and not enough skanking.

Suburban Legends didn't do a Disney cover though. :(

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The Aquabats doing autotune is the weirdest thing. Sound cool though.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
"The Legend Is True" is basically the best song on the album holy poo poo.

e: also "I Just Can't Lose"

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 17, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CodfishCartographer posted:

"The Legend Is True" is basically the best song on the album holy poo poo.

e: also "I Just Can't Lose"

Neither of these is the luck dragon song.

I'M A DRAGON, YOU'RE A DRAGON, PIONEERS IN A COMMON WAGON

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just noticed this on the Mechow Facebook page. It concerns whoever ordered Hi-Five Soup from them:

Merchnow posted:

Facebook friends and valued customers,

Unfortunately due to this weeks messy weather in the northeast, we are facing a slight delay in the shipment of The Aquabats pre-sale.

We will be shipping everything out this coming Monday January 17th.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Thanks,

Merchnow

This was posted on Friday but I didn't notice it till today.

Mr Crumbbley
Jun 5, 2007
Streetlight Manifesto is playing a free concert at Penn State on February 8th. I'm so pumped for it.

Last semester we had RBF come and play on the baseball stadium's outfield. It was a pretty fun show with a good crowd. I'm surprised PSU has gotten ska bands as the big concerts this year. I like that.

Speaking of PSU and ska, does anyone like Ruder Than You?

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Mr Crumbbley posted:

Streetlight Manifesto is playing a free concert at Penn State on February 8th. I'm so pumped for it.

Lucky bastard, I had to pay for my ticket (Cleveland). $25 after Ticketmaster fees.

crazyvanman
Dec 31, 2010
I'm sure everyone here is well aware that RBF are on their 20th anniversary World Tour this year. This is really a plea from a lonely Goon, who will be going to either the London, UK date (25th February) or the Cambridge, UK date (4th March).

Both of these dates include Suburban legends, New Riot and the Skints, so it should be a good night. I'll most likely go for the March date, because Cambridge is closer to home, and it's the sort of date I want to be out the house.

Any goons from the South East of England interested?

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

aricoarena posted:

I am not a big fan of the Aquabats but that is loving awesome.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is that Crash or Chainsaw?

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Definitely not Crash, whoever is in that gif is playing guitar. I think they had some guitarist named Popeye last time I saw them along with Chainsaw. I miss Prince Adam.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's always a treat when Adam shows up on Yo Gabba Gabba! to play theremin or some hand farts.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hello Rockview rerelease came today :dance:

Too bad I don't get home till Friday. I'm dying to watch the DVD for some reason.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
I sent a tweet the impossibles today about them going to the Asian Man fest. They didn't say no....but just to bugbribe Mike Park about it.

lessthankyle fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 25, 2011

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Dumb me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hey look it's mp3s from the BtMI/Weezer show

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

whats the quality?

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Anyone seen Chewing on Tinfoil on this tour? I'll be at the Jersey show on Friday with Bomb, but I've heard good things so far.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

dnz posted:

whats the quality?

Not bad. It's not soundboard quality but it isn't distorted to hell either.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

dnz posted:

whats the quality?

It could be recorded through a toy echo-mic attached to a glass held up against a wall in the next room and it'd still be awesome.

But they actually stick mics all over the place there, it makes for interesting sounding recordings as it picks up a whole range of music but also a lot of the surrounding audience noise. It kinda sounds like you're in the middle of the crowd there.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

hedgecore posted:

Anyone seen Chewing on Tinfoil on this tour? I'll be at the Jersey show on Friday with Bomb, but I've heard good things so far.

The ripped it up the other night. I loved them.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wow, how have I never heard Tears at the Dover by The Big before? What an incredible album. Mellow, earthy, clever lyrics, jazzy chord progressions. There's a song on there, Lifeswing, that transitions between every variant of ska, first wave two-tone third wave swing ska surf ska. It's a cool idea, I wonder if any other band has attempted that. It doesnt exactly make any thematic sense, but its a really interesting exercise and shows off the band's flexibility.

Unfortunately, they have gone on hiatus since releasing Whatever Makes You Happy (which is not as great an album but still has some good songs). Hope they come back around at some point.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

hedgecore posted:

They're playing with BtMI!? Did they go to NYC/LI yet???? :ohdear:

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
Pandora has made me realize something that I thought I'd never say.

I can't stand Operation Ivy. :ohdear:

They're on my ska station, despite numerous downvotes. But I just can't listen to them. I'm not quite sure why.

Am I broken?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Pretty much, yeah.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bumping this to tell people to buy the Hello Rockview/Losing Streak rereleases. The packing owns, the DVDs own, it's loving awesome I love it so much I think I'm going to marry it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dickeye posted:

Bumping this to tell people to buy the Hello Rockview/Losing Streak rereleases. The packing owns, the DVDs own, it's loving awesome I love it so much I think I'm going to marry it.

Are they remastered or something or is it literally the exact same album because I still have my copies of those 2.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's the same album (I think) but with the DVDs of the album shows they did in Florida, like the Pezcore rerelease they did when they started Sleep It Off. The Hello Rockview one, they actually got their old bari player to come play with them.

Honestly, the DVD is the best part. It's just awesome watching them play Hello Rockview from start to finish. I really want the Losing Streak one now, too, and I don't mind buying these albums a second time since I bought them for like five bucks each in a used bin.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I'd be much more willing to buy them if they sold vinyl/dvd packs

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'd buy that too.

Also, the color scheme seems to be a constant across the rereleases, and it's actually kinda cool how it all has a visual unity.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

http://yfrog.com/h3osidjj

Less Than Jake's vinyl presses for the TV EP

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Who got tickets to AMR fest? I bought 5 days worth of tickets. Not posting lineups yet at Mike Park's request, but wow.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

lessthankyle posted:

I always forget that we lived close-by. I think we went to a meetup in philly once, maybe?

I never went to any meetups in Philly, but I think in the Philly thread we realized we were both going to some of the same concerts. If you're ever in town for a show, let me know.

hedgecore posted:

Anyone else go see Bomb in Philly last night? I was working their merch table most of the night, so if you have a time machine jump back and come say hey. They've definitely played better before, but it was still a good time. I took a few videos but didn't get in until almost 3 so I haven't had a chance to check them out.

That was a great show, thanks for the videos. They played Getchoo during the encore, and me and one other guy were really excited. That made me sad. They also opened with Even Winning Feels Bad, which is still my favorite song, and they always play it when I see them. But it was great to see such a huge turnout. The last time I saw them at the fire over a year ago, there were maybe only 20 people. And based on a hazy memory of that show, were you at the Menzingers show last Sunday?

Mr Crumbbley posted:

Last semester we had RBF come and play on the baseball stadium's outfield. It was a pretty fun show with a good crowd. I'm surprised PSU has gotten ska bands as the big concerts this year. I like that.

Speaking of PSU and ska, does anyone like Ruder Than You?

You lucky bastard. When you throw in Less Than Jake playing Movin' On last spring (which I trekked up for), PSU gets arguably 3 of the biggest ska-punk bands for free within a year. In my five years there (2000-2005), we got Suburban Legends playing Movin' On twice. And the Bouncing Souls in the HUB. On the other hand, I did get to see RBF play the Crowbar 4 times, the Suicide Machines 2 or 3 times, and a ton of other great shows there. Oh, and the big local band, No On 15 were awesome.

Dickeye posted:

It's the same album (I think) but with the DVDs of the album shows they did in Florida, like the Pezcore rerelease they did when they started Sleep It Off. The Hello Rockview one, they actually got their old bari player to come play with them.

Honestly, the DVD is the best part. It's just awesome watching them play Hello Rockview from start to finish. I really want the Losing Streak one now, too, and I don't mind buying these albums a second time since I bought them for like five bucks each in a used bin.

Yeah, I need those DVDs. But then again, I was at those shows, so I've seen them before :)

hedgecore posted:

Who got tickets to AMR fest? I bought 5 days worth of tickets. Not posting lineups yet at Mike Park's request, but wow.

I got my tickets earlier this week. There's only one show I didn't buy a ticket to (June 18th, Bottom of the Hill). Trying to choose between bands is going to kill me. And the possibility of another couple bands TBA? Holy poo poo.

Sorry, it's been awhile since I replied to this thread. I'll save the Scott leaving RBF thoughts for later. Also, LTJ at the Troc in Philly tonight. Yay!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I remember seeing the RX Bandits and the Wailers in...06? 07? but I think it was at Lehigh, not Penn State. I can't really remember, but it was a free show in a big gymnasium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

WaffleZombie posted:

Sorry, it's been awhile since I replied to this thread. I'll save the Scott leaving RBF thoughts for later. Also, LTJ at the Troc in Philly tonight. Yay!

Lucky bastard, I have to wait till tomorrow.

e: They're playing Hello Rockview tonight. You son of a bitch

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 31, 2011