Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

Dr. Goonstein posted:

That all being said and done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CS88rYC7as&feature=sub

Remix of Tears for Fear's classic, "Shout" by Q-BiK & Djon. I am not familiar with the DJs but I am loving it right now.

Not to tear into this too much but it sounds like someone just slapped a generic dnb track over this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7vZn1EE2o8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Goonstein
May 31, 2008
If anybody cares, UKF just released their D&B 2010 album today on UK iTunes. I have heard about half the tracks already, but they are all pretty good. You can check out the megamix here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ0nTeNQdJ8&feature=sub

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
I don't get, what is UKF? They got an album released based on the fact they upload other peoples tunes to youtube without their permission?

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

infinity2005 posted:

I don't get, what is UKF? They got an album released based on the fact they upload other peoples tunes to youtube without their permission?

It started off as a standard youtube channel like you describe, but it got popular enough that it's now a promotion tool used by quite a few labels.

Dr. Goonstein
May 31, 2008
These are probably no doubt old, but I just found them from the UKF compilation, and I'm in love with them. I'm very unfamiliar with the artists (spare Metrik) so maybe you guys will know them better than me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjqNLJs1vYA
"Do You Feel (Metrik Remix)" by Funkstar De Luxe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFXnX_5BrRc
"On My Own (D&B Remix)" - Blame

Looking back, these are both from early 2010. That doesn't surprised me since I didn't start getting into D&B until earlier this summer. Still, good tunes to check out if you haven't/recheck out.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
Guys I'm hopefully getting this signed to Liquicity. Said he was interested. Oh yeah. :c00l:

But take a little sneak peak before I take it down in a few days! And no feedback on the style of the drums or tune overall, thanks. Just want to let the few people in this thread who actually like this kind of dnb take a listen before I take it down.

http://soundcloud.com/naviworks/sun-mix5-1

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

Dr. Goonstein posted:

These are probably no doubt old, but I just found them from the UKF compilation, and I'm in love with them. I'm very unfamiliar with the artists (spare Metrik) so maybe you guys will know them better than me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjqNLJs1vYA
"Do You Feel (Metrik Remix)" by Funkstar De Luxe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFXnX_5BrRc
"On My Own (D&B Remix)" - Blame

Looking back, these are both from early 2010. That doesn't surprised me since I didn't start getting into D&B until earlier this summer. Still, good tunes to check out if you haven't/recheck out.

Old, yeah, but they're both good tracks...

@Zeldadude - I'm likin' this track right here...very chilled.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zeldadude posted:

Guys I'm hopefully getting this signed to Liquicity. Said he was interested. Oh yeah. :c00l:

But take a little sneak peak before I take it down in a few days! And no feedback on the style of the drums or tune overall, thanks. Just want to let the few people in this thread who actually like this kind of dnb take a listen before I take it down.

http://soundcloud.com/naviworks/sun-mix5-1

This reminds me of some 90s video game music, and I dig it a lot.

I reeeeeeally like your style, man! Keep making tunes forever. They're very enjoyable to listen to.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

New Years Eve is almost upon us and where I live, Western Australia, that usually means a massive D&B gig. This year the biggest is probably Origin which I mentioned earlier in the thread. Unfortunately I left it too late to make any arrangements to go to Origin so instead I'm just having a BBQ with my mates. To compensate for my organisational failure I'll be cranking it to 11 in an poor attempt to make my own "massive D&B gig".

So my question is: what tracks will you be dropping to bring in the new year?

SolidRed
Jan 23, 2008
and if you didn't know.... NOW YOU KNOW - Christian Cage

KillerJunglist posted:

I've been into DnB since I started DJing in like 1998 or so. It's been so cool hearing the genre progress and change and branch out so much.
I'm also ashamed I've never posted in this thread before...

So to make up for that faux pas, I offer some mixes I made. These are recent, I have to re-upload my older stuff:

All Meat, No Gristle: http://www.mixcloud.com/Killerjunglist/all-meat-no-gristle/

Dread (A Ragga Mix): http://www.mixcloud.com/Killerjunglist/dread/

Playlists are on the website when you stream. If anyone wants the downloads I can post those links too, or you can check the DJ mixes megathread in Musicians Lounge.

The Dread playlist is extremely awesome. Any chance you can throw up the link?

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

SolidRed posted:

The Dread playlist is extremely awesome. Any chance you can throw up the link?

Thanks!
Here is the download link for you:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jby18yh9tij3uk9/Raggamix.mp3

I got some more DnB mixes I will post up later, as long as that isn't against the rules of the thread.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVgGte6vlic

ahhh :swoon:

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

The thread has been a little quiet lately. Here is my latest set:

DBR Podcast #450: Harry Ransom [09-JAN-2011]
download (right click, save as): http://dirtboxradio.com/mp3/DirtboxRadio-20110109-2-Ransom.mp3

Tracklisting:
01. Survival & Silent Witness - "Graham's Tunnel" [Audio Tactics]
02. Distance - "Skys Alight" [Autonomic]
03. Break - "Between The Lines (ft. SP:MC)" [Symmetry Recordings]
04. Siren - "Gumball Rally" [Siren]
05. Rockwell - "DJ Friendly Unit Shifter" [Shogun Audio]
06. Ram Trilogy - "Gridlock (Break Remix)" [Ram Records]
07. Gridlok & The Upbeats - "The Jitters" [Ram Records]
08. Menace, Vicious Circle, Dose & Teknik - "Mutiny" [Renegade Hardware]
09. Alix Perez & Noisia - "Loose Ends" [Shogun Audio]
10. System - "Sy-Fi" [Integral]
11. Break - "Unite" [Engine Music]
12. Mindscape - "Reefer" [Vampire Records]
13. Cern & Dabs - "Leverage" [Dispatch Recordings]
14. Optiv - "Sodium" [Dangerous New Age]
15. Spinline - "Run" [Ram Records]
16. Break, Silent Witness & Survival - "Conference Call" [Symmetry Recordings]
17. Shimon & Andy C - "Firewire" [Ram Records]
18. Ram Trilogy - "Mindscan (Ed Rush & Optical Remix)" [Ram Records]
19. Splash - "Babylon (Dillinja Remix)" [Juice Records]
20. Mosca - "Tilt Shift" [Fat City]

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've been hearing a decent amount of buzz for the new Nu:Tone album, so I was going to see if anyone here had heard it. I listened to a few of the tracks on YouTube, though, and it wasn't really my thing. Kinda sucks, because I loved Back of Beyond.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
So uh...I have the opportunity to see Chase & Status at a club near me on the 5. of february. The problem is that I have an exam on the 7th. Usually I'm good at prioritizing, but now I really don't know. Is it worth to see them? I mean their stuff is decent, but how good are they live?

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007

Popelmon posted:

So uh...I have the opportunity to see Chase & Status at a club near me on the 5. of february. The problem is that I have an exam on the 7th. Usually I'm good at prioritizing, but now I really don't know. Is it worth to see them? I mean their stuff is decent, but how good are they live?

What's going on during the 6th?

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol
He plans to do so many drugs he'll need 3 days to recover. Or maybe has to walk there and back and it's a long distance.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Popelmon posted:

take the drugs tomorrow and don't see chase and status... you can thank me later

Happy Dalek
Oct 31, 2010
Saw Chase and Status twice over the new year period. Had a blast, you should definitely go if you have the chance.

Riot.EXE
Oct 11, 2007
My homeboy, Derek, spins under the name of "Subverb", and he just put out this new liquid mix...check it out!

"Aqueous Sessions" - Subverb

Tracklist:

1. Eveson & Redeyes - State Of Mind
2. Phuturistix ft. Jenna G (Nu:Tone Remix)
3. Makoto - Freedom Suite
4. Alix Perez & Specifif - Love Bug
5. A-Sides ft. Deeizm - Change
6. Bcee & Lomax - One Year On
7. Eveson - High Grade
8. Shapeshifter - Long White Cloud (Nu:Tone Remix)
9. DJ Marky & Bungle - Codename: A.1
10. Bebel Gilberto - Aganjś (Commix Vocal Mix)
11. Nu:Tone - Breathless
12. Icicle & Switch - These Golden Days
13. System - Chasing Dreams
14. Noisia - Cloudshine
15. Edward Oberon - La Vacca
16. Edward Overon - Change Everything
17. Alix Perez - Forsaken (ft. Peven Everett & Spectrasoul)
18. Loxy & Isotone - Ancients
19. S.P.Y. - A.S.B.O
20. Fanu - In Flames
21. Photek the Sentiinel Projects - Awakening

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Popelmon posted:

Are you from the UK? if you are they do a shitload of festivals and usually do a few tours every year. If you're not...welp, they do tour a lot. They are pretty solid live, if its a dj set thing id miss em.

Neris
Mar 7, 2004

don't you dare use the word 'party' as a verb in this shop
London types, I've quite recently gotten ridiculously into dnb but seriously lack friends who love it (in my city at least), and while my boyfriend doesn't mind it really I've never gone out to a dnb. Hell I've never even been to a proper club I'd say (apart from Corisca Studios to see Nathan Fake/Caribou dj set in 2009 hah, I'm so adventurous).

But in a couple of weeks we have a friend visiting and we want to go out but none of us know where.Are any recommendations people would have for clubs? Or is it more the case that you just have to look for events as they're announced, and where's a good place to find out what's on?

I'm gonna have a trawl online of course, but I thought I'd check in here as well just in case ...

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

Neris posted:

London types, I've quite recently gotten ridiculously into dnb but seriously lack friends who love it (in my city at least), and while my boyfriend doesn't mind it really I've never gone out to a dnb. Hell I've never even been to a proper club I'd say (apart from Corisca Studios to see Nathan Fake/Caribou dj set in 2009 hah, I'm so adventurous).

But in a couple of weeks we have a friend visiting and we want to go out but none of us know where.Are any recommendations people would have for clubs? Or is it more the case that you just have to look for events as they're announced, and where's a good place to find out what's on?

I'm gonna have a trawl online of course, but I thought I'd check in here as well just in case ...

Definitely a case of looking for particular events as they're announced. What dates are you looking at?

Neris
Mar 7, 2004

Probably the 12th of February? Thanks so much

Anae
Apr 23, 2008
If you're:
a) ok with going out on the 11th instead
and
b) ok with going out to what is essentially a superclub for your first proper clubbing experience

then this would be by absolute miles the best thing for d&b that weekend, to the extent that there's probably not much else on that weekend due to the competition.

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?115025-RAM-Fabric-Fri-11th-Feb

Pretty much the be-all and end-all of d&b nights, absolutely everything is on offer there. The best DJs, the best producers, the best sound-systems, and every kind of d&b that you could want (apart from Netsky/trancey stuff). It is kind of throwing yourself in at the deep end, but I guarantee that it will be amazing.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Anae posted:

If you're:
a) ok with going out on the 11th instead
and
b) ok with going out to what is essentially a superclub for your first proper clubbing experience

then this would be by absolute miles the best thing for d&b that weekend, to the extent that there's probably not much else on that weekend due to the competition.

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?115025-RAM-Fabric-Fri-11th-Feb

Pretty much the be-all and end-all of d&b nights, absolutely everything is on offer there. The best DJs, the best producers, the best sound-systems, and every kind of d&b that you could want (apart from Netsky/trancey stuff). It is kind of throwing yourself in at the deep end, but I guarantee that it will be amazing.

Just so you know, this is a US junglists's DREAM that we will never, ever see. If you like d&b, go to this.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Nice just blagged 2 free tickets to this

Granted it's not the best DnB night ive ever been to but its £40's worth of tickets and its a decent night out for free. noice. Im a happy lad. Will pop my head into the skrillex room for 2 secs to see how awful it can get.

Neris
Mar 7, 2004

Haha, awesome, thankyou! I've already got a couple of people on board (providing they don't wimp out). I'm terrified of megaclubs, a bit, actually but this sounds like a good time, cheers! Is that board a good place to hear about this kind of thing generally or...?

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

LE0N posted:

Granted it's not the best DnB night ive ever been to but its £40's worth of tickets and its a decent night out for free. noice. Im a happy lad. Will pop my head into the skrillex room for 2 secs to see how awful it can get.

While there is the standard Hospital fluff, I wouldn't miss Breakage, High Contrast, Danny Byrd, Instra:mental, Joe Syntax (dude is incredible, my fav producer at the moment), Fracture + Neptune and I suppose Stanza.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

chrix posted:

While there is the standard Hospital fluff, I wouldn't miss Breakage, High Contrast, Danny Byrd, Instra:mental, Joe Syntax (dude is incredible, my fav producer at the moment), Fracture + Neptune and I suppose Stanza.

Ahh thanks for the recommendations only knew the big names on that lineup tbh, will check out Joe Syntax.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Neris posted:

Haha, awesome, thankyou! I've already got a couple of people on board (providing they don't wimp out). I'm terrified of megaclubs, a bit, actually but this sounds like a good time, cheers! Is that board a good place to hear about this kind of thing generally or...?

RAM + Hospitality tend to be the biggest labels in D&B at the moment (correct me if im wrong!) and tend to put on a ton of shows throughout the year and do regular nights at Fabric, on fabric's "fabriclive" night, if you are pretty new to Drum and bass and live in london just bookmark the events listings on Fabric's website and go to a few shows in the next couple of months.

DnB forums are good, but id imagine they get very snobby about some of the more "popular" acts.

Ponce de Le0n fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 26, 2011

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

LE0N posted:

DnB forums are good, but id imagine they get very snobby about some of the more "popular" acts.

This is the problem with 99% of the d&b forums out there, they will look down their noses if you mention you like something even a little bit popular.

In other words, listen to what you like.

quote:

Ahh thanks for the recommendations only knew the big names on that lineup tbh, will check out Joe Syntax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=conE87Lfc78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNcvoPpY_W4

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

LE0N posted:

I'd have a blast in the second room listening to Redlight (a.k.a. Clipz), Instra:mental, Chef / Chefal and Deadboy. That is a really diverse range of bass music in the 125 to 145 range.

infinity2005
Apr 12, 2005
y halo thar lol

LE0N posted:

Damnit why is Skrillex managing to get into our UK lineups... out of place as gently caress

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

infinity2005 posted:

Damnit why is Skrillex managing to get into our UK lineups... out of place as gently caress

Heh, I hope people show up wanting to hear Instra:mental and Redlight and then boo him off when he goes on.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Neris posted:

Get tickets in advance and get there a little bit earlier than you'd otherwise expect. Fabric can get very busy but it's not uncomfortably so most of the time, just prepare for slightly long waits to buy drinks. Also, make sure you actually get onto the dancefloor, it physically pulses in time to the kickdrum and if you or your friends haven't been clubbing before it will help you get into the mood a bit.

Neris
Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, thanks for the heads up! I've just got two other people on board plus my boyfriend. How early is slightly earlier, in your opinion because to be honest I can never maintain an alcohol-buzz in a place that will be crazy expensive so gonna do the usual thing of 'see how much we can get down us in a wetherspoons beforehand'. Like what, 10:30? I'm bad at clubbing :v: yay

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.

Neris posted:

Yeah, thanks for the heads up! I've just got two other people on board plus my boyfriend. How early is slightly earlier, in your opinion because to be honest I can never maintain an alcohol-buzz in a place that will be crazy expensive so gonna do the usual thing of 'see how much we can get down us in a wetherspoons beforehand'. Like what, 10:30? I'm bad at clubbing :v: yay

I'd be at Farringdon for 10, see what the queue's like and then go to one of the pubs nearby, queue at 11 and expect to be in by 12. It really depends on the night though, sometimes you can just walk straight up, other times it'll be unexpectedly busy and they'll shut the doors for half an hour.

If you have pre-booked tickets you can usually skip ahead of the walk-ups slightly.

Also Fabric is big, but it's more of a busy warren than a huge stadium arena.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
So it looks like it's okay to post mixes so here ya go!

Stream: http://www.mixcloud.com/Killerjunglist/futures-past/
Down: http://www.mediafire.com/file/m41b7aa9695z4dl/FuturePast.mp3

Title: Future's Past
Mixer-man: Me! The KillerJunglist
Length: It'll take ya about 45 minutes.
Tracks (Artist - Title)
1. TC - Flatline
2. Camo and Krooked - Strength is Irrelevant
3. Body and Soul - Blow Out
4. Psidream - Refraction
5. Shimon - The Gunslinger
6. Ram Trilogy - Titan
7. The Qemists - Stompbox
8. DJ Hazzard - Killers Don't Die
9. Blame - Harlem
10. Double Zero - The Feeling
11. Ed Rush and Optical - Gas Mask
12. Mampi Swift - Guess Who
13. Future Prophecies - Dreadlock
14. Shock One - The Calling
15. Pendulum - Blood Sugar
16. Ed Rush and Optical - Hacksaw
17. Dillinja - Human B Bop
18. Spor, Ewun and Evol Intent - Levitate

Hope ya'll like it!
For everyone going to that Hospitality show tonight, know that I am jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auspex
Dec 21, 2005
Many Bothans died to bring us this information
Easy guys, i've been producing for a little while now, heres my latest tune. any comments/criticism would be wicked. cheers!

Tensor- The Void