Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Since they're flashbacks it's not like it has to go in order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:
God I want a gif of Shino riding the anteater so bad haha. That poo poo was retarded.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I haven't been watching the show at all, but I did do some checking on wikipedia. Looks like we're in filler town until the end of the year at least. I do believe it will pick up again once the new year starts, but there is no definite answer yet.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Today's episode is worth watching solely for the white fluffy cat ears that Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto and Itachi wear to speak to the cats.

Also Sasuke was a little brat back then. PI would have a field day with him.

:swoon: So many kitties!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pyrotoad posted:

Today's episode is worth watching solely for the white fluffy cat ears that Sakura, Sasuke, Naruto and Itachi wear to speak to the cats.

Skipped the last episode with the bird, and this is reason enough to skip watching this episode too.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

IUG posted:

Skipped the last episode with the bird, and this is reason enough to skip watching this episode too.

But it's so hilariously stupid :ohdear:

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
:siren: Trailer for the next Shippuden movie! :siren:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpxxhJLYA0M

Looks like a remake of the Pain arc.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Will Bugs Bunny Beetlejuice Pain make an appearance?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I hate to say it gang, but it looks like the filler is going to continue into january. Going by the latest wikipedia episode titles, it might come back at the end of that month, but who knows.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

IUG posted:

When did your inner child die? ::(:
I actually enjoyed it, very tongue in cheek

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"

Kingtheninja posted:

I hate to say it gang, but it looks like the filler is going to continue into january. Going by the latest wikipedia episode titles, it might come back at the end of that month, but who knows.

Do not trust to hope. It has forsaken this series. :(

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
:siren:Something interesting!:siren:

edit: *Link removed for spoilers I didn't catch before; sorry guys! Search Sage Naruto vs Sasuke (Naruto Shippuden OVA) on youtube if you really want to see it*

Quote/Spoilers within: This Naruto Shippuden OVA (Original Video Animation) was given to the first 5,000 people who bought a newly released Naruto T-Shirt. The OVA, which is 6 minutes in total, shows glimpses of Naruto and Sasuke having what could be their final fight (however, if you read the manga, this is not very likely) whilst showing flashbacks of everything they have been through. This is all set to the music track that's going to be the new ending theme of Naruto Shippuden.

I love the animation in this, I have to say.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 3, 2011

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
That video contains at least a couple of spoilers, so people who don't read the manga might not want to watch it.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Luff posted:

That video contains at least a couple of spoilers, so people who don't read the manga might not want to watch it.

Really? Oh wait, the ending part; I completely forgot about that. Should I remove the link? Someone who isn't a stupid newbie like me please give judgement :ohdear:

Link removed, sorry for my lack of foresight.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 3, 2011

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

It's looking good; some really slick animation without roadrunneresque sequences.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Episode titles until the end of January.

193 "The Man Who Died Twice"
January 6, 2011

194 "The Worst Three-Legged Race"
January 13, 2011

195 "Cooperation, Team 10"
January 20, 2011

196 "Rush Into the Darkness"
January 27, 2011

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Pyrotoad posted:

Episode titles until the end of January.

194 "The Worst Three-Legged Race"
January 13, 2011

The Worst Show :negative:

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"
SPOILERS GUYS

Why do we watch this show

Harettazetta fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 5, 2011

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I couldn't help myself.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"I see you!"

edit: Seriously, flip her head upside down and it'll look just like that sasuke pic.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Christ, that OAV. That animation. That touch!

No idea what that creepy rear end ending was all about, though.

Shame about the series, too. Popped in to see if the filler hell was over yet and... yeah, at least I got to see the OAV stuff. Which is a total shame, because I think Diver's an amazing fuckin' OP. It deserves better episodes being put behind it.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
These filler remind us about an important life lesson. Any complete retard who has HARD WORK, DETERMINATION AND YOUTH POWER can become a success and admired by your peers.

Unless you're Rock Lee.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Kingtheninja posted:

"I see you!"

edit: Seriously, flip her head upside down and it'll look just like that sasuke pic.

You mean this one?

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Then again, that episode was one of the earliest to have awesome animation, so I like letting this one wierd frame slide.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Tonfa posted:

The Worst Show :negative:

The preview for that episode suggests an animation budget that should be saved for canon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Yf-lliWlw

No spoiler tags because it's freaking filler. It also looks like an attempt to shill Sasuke if the smirking from Naruto is anything to go by - look guys they learned teamwork so they were totally best friends :downs: (even though they were only on the same team for what, three months before Sasuke left?)

193 is a waste of time; moreso, at least. Even if you like filler, skip it.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 6, 2011

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom

Harettazetta posted:

Sadly, this show has sort of become a weekly tradition of sorts for me such that I'd probably still continue watching it even if every episode from here on out was a pee rainbow episode. It's kind of weird being nostalgic for something that you never really got away from, but there you go. At least they're using some of the old school music again that I've missed.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Harettazetta posted:

Glitch posted:

Sadly, this show has sort of become a weekly tradition of sorts for me such that I'd probably still continue watching it even if every episode from here on out was a pee rainbow episode. It's kind of weird being nostalgic for something that you never really got away from, but there you go. At least they're using some of the old school music again that I've missed.

This, and also because while I'm not a fan of Sasuke, I DO love his voice actor so that gets me through the fillers. Noriaki Sugiyama :swoon: (apparently voted best male tsundere voice in anime - don't know what that says about Sasuke but whatever.)

amandasaysmoo
Jul 23, 2010
How many more months of filler?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

It looks like it might go up to the end of this month. That would make it about 20 episodes of filler. God willing that will be the end of it.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Well, I'm not watching until they bring back the 'Bicycle Bicycle Bicycle' ending song!

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I'm going to assume nobody will watch 194.

So enjoy some out of context preview pictures!

Click here for the full 1019x573 image.

Click here for the full 1019x574 image.

Click here for the full 1021x573 image.

:gay:

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
The newest episode (196) is the last one of the fillers :)

Don't know if it was good or not, because I don't watch fillers.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

The best technique :psyduck:

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
I have to admit, if all of Sasuke attacks from this point onward were all "Sasuke Punch" or "Sasuke Kick" or "Sasuke Fireball," I'd forgive the character for a lot of poo poo. Because that's hilarious.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Graviija posted:

I have to admit, if all of Sasuke attacks from this point onward were all "Sasuke Punch" or "Sasuke Kick" or "Sasuke Fireball," I'd forgive the character for a lot of poo poo. Because that's hilarious.

Goofy Sasuke is always the best Sasuke.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Just FYI, for people who didn't watch the episode, sorry to shatter your hopes, but that's Naruto transformed to look like Sasuke.

quarkman
Feb 7, 2006

I'ma fucking KILL you Spuds Mackenzie
Quick question:

I've taken a few years off of Naruto, and things look like they've gotten quite better from Narutopedia (I got bored with the show in the middle of the Sasuke and Sai arc, pacing was too slow). I'm just wondering, should I start with the Hidan and Kakuzu Arc, or should I skip to the Itachi Pusuit Arc?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Definitely watch the Hidan and Kakuzu arc. All the arcs from the Sai arc on are good to great.

quarkman
Feb 7, 2006

I'ma fucking KILL you Spuds Mackenzie

Teek posted:

Definitely watch the Hidan and Kakuzu arc. All the arcs from the Sai arc on are good to great.

Every arc but the filler right? I was planning on skipping all the filler, but is any of it actually worth a drat? (reading the last couple pages of this thread, I'm guessing no)

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

quarkman posted:

Every arc but the filler right? I was planning on skipping all the filler, but is any of it actually worth a drat? (reading the last couple pages of this thread, I'm guessing no)

I would skip the filler if I were you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Watch everything but the filler aye. You've put me in the mood to watch team Shikimaru VS Hidan/Kakazu again. I think that's easily one of the best fight sequences in the entire series with bonus awesome music.

• Locked thread