Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mordaedil posted:

Nothing surprises me anymore. Not even pedophiles not going to jail because a prosecutor overslept for court meeting.

If this really is a thing that is disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Brace posted:

I'm on the quest where I have to go talk to Alice in the caravan camp, to get her to release Cass' contract.

If you have negative Karma with the NCR they will shoot you too.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Revolver Bunker posted:

If you have negative Karma with the NCR they will shoot you too.

I'm pretty sure I'm neutral with 'em, so I don't know why they would open fire. I have boone as a companion too so

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Try waiting a week and going back. You might have aggro'd them before and they're still on alert.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe

Brace posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm neutral with 'em, so I don't know why they would open fire. I have boone as a companion too so

Given my odd script break earlier...I point a fat finger at the community bugfix.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Smuggins posted:

Given my odd script break earlier...I point a fat finger at the community bugfix.

Haha, I already disabled it and that wasn't it.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brace posted:

So, guy whose doing the huge weapon mod, are you planning on adding scripts to make things around the world use these items, or is it just gonna be a crate? it's fine either way, just curious. Also which mods exactly are you grabbing all the resources for the weapons from?

Just a few crates to start, though down the road I (or anyone else) could spread them around, add them to NPCs, make them part of quests, hide them in various places, etc. I'm a pretty open guy and since I'm not doing this 'officially' in the sense that I'm contacting all the authors and poo poo to beg them for permission to reuse the poo poo they begged someone else to use from another game, I'm totally game to anyone else doing whatever they want to do to add to the mod or edit it. I'd be a hypocrite otherwise.

edit: whoops forgot the second part of the question: I'm grabbing them from existing FNV weapon ports and FO3 weapon packs that haven't been ported. I have, however, done a lot of custom work to a great many of weapons that you may already have for FNV to add modifications and make them compatible with the in-game modification system. I've probably also rebalanced them to be more in tune with the stock weaponry so the goal is to have no real super weapons.

Naky fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 28, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Revolver Bunker posted:

That can go hostile on you for that quest.Unless you stealth kill Alice by planting C4 next to her desk and then hiding in the bathroom to detonate it.

Or generic stealth headshot. It's what I did.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dickeye posted:

Or generic stealth headshot. It's what I did.

With a silenced 12.7mm pistol loaded with hollowpoints, while sleeping :v:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Is the general consensus that the Community Bugfix Compilation is worth it? FNVEdit was showing me that it was conflicting with New Vegas Redesigned and a few other people have posted about how many records it unnecessarily edits.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Redesigned conflicts with almost everything.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe

Brace posted:

Haha, I already disabled it and that wasn't it.

When I had my script break, disabling the culprits did nothing. Only tearing them out and restarting a whole new game revealed the fix worked (confirmed it late last night but I can't point to the specific line, I may tinker with the GECK now on a test game since these mods have forced learning on me.)

There was weeping but World of Pain has filling the gaping void of lost time. Moving my Underground hideout entrance to the Deathclaw quarry helped as well.
Nothing like making life difficult all on my own!

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

FadedReality posted:

Is the general consensus that the Community Bugfix Compilation is worth it? FNVEdit was showing me that it was conflicting with New Vegas Redesigned and a few other people have posted about how many records it unnecessarily edits.

I don't find it to be necessary for any playthrough now that the game has been reasonably patched, the mod gives you very little bang for how many conflicts it introduces. I'm a modding minimalist and I believe that if you can play without overhauling every aspect of the game you should do it since it'll save you headaches in the long run.

New Vegas Redesigned does conflict with a lot of stuff as well, if not for the fact that I've gotten so good at making compatibility patches in NVEdit I would've just sat on the fence instead of downloading it. Some female NPCs look dumber in NVR than they did in the base game, Cass coming to mind pretty much immediately, but those are the exception and not the rule.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I waited atleast 9 days and went back to the Caravan Camp and they still opened fire on sight at me. :smith:

It's all NCR by the way, no matter where they attack on sight, and I'm neutral with them.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Brace posted:

I waited atleast 9 days and went back to the Caravan Camp and they still opened fire on sight at me. :smith:

It's all NCR by the way, no matter where they attack on sight, and I'm neutral with them.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_factions#Bugs

Have you (officially) patched your game? I haven't had this problem, but according to the wiki, sometimes faction armor doesn't remove the flag when unequiped. Have you tried reequipping and unequipping faction armor?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

FadedReality posted:

I think it's worth it. Of course, I've never had a problem with it either. But I appreciate the fact that it addresses a lot of micro-issues that still haven't been resolved through official patches (like the ability to properly recruit the Followers of the Apocalypse for your Endgame.)

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Equipped and unequipped Legion faction armor, equipped and unequipped NCR armor, nothing. While they didn't attack me when I was disguised as them, as soon as I took it off, they opened fire.

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.
Ok, my game's hosed now. As soon as I start the screen freezes, or at best the frame rate drops downs so that it basically becomes a slide show. None of the mods I use should be conflicting each other... Could it be IWS? Is there any chance that it has slowed my game down. Spawns are set at low, but I guess it could still happen.
Does anyone know a way to fix the problem? Or at least find out what is causing it?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Hellbunny posted:

Ok, my game's hosed now. As soon as I start the screen freezes, or at best the frame rate drops downs so that it basically becomes a slide show. None of the mods I use should be conflicting each other... Could it be IWS? Is there any chance that it has slowed my game down. Spawns are set at low, but I guess it could still happen.
Does anyone know a way to fix the problem? Or at least find out what is causing it?

Start a new game and see if the problem persists.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Hellbunny posted:

Sigh, Hellbunny, you missed a cardinal rule: :science:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Could this be a problem with my load order? I'm using such-and-such mods.
It's hard to diagnose a problem when you only list a couple of the bigger mods you're using. Open up FOMM, select "Load Order", then "Copy to Clipboard". This creates an easy-to-use list in notepad that you can paste into your post, print out, or even hang in a picture frame.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
New version of XFO is out.
Some of the new features sound pretty good.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Getting random crashes, brand new to trying mods out, any suggestions?

FalloutNV.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
More Perks.esm
More Traits.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
UsableCigarettes neunen Ver for New Vegas.esp
Deathclaw Gauntlet Schematic.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
PimpMyScarf.esp
Lore version.esp
URWLNV.esp
Western Sky.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
Color Me Evil - Cass.esp
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
Stronger Dusters.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Zeris posted:

Getting random crashes, brand new to trying mods out, any suggestions?

FalloutNV.esm
Military Explansion Program.esm
More Perks.esm
More Traits.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp
UsableCigarettes neunen Ver for New Vegas.esp
Deathclaw Gauntlet Schematic.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Rustyhwys.esp
PimpMyScarf.esp
Lore version.esp
URWLNV.esp
Western Sky.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
Color Me Evil - Cass.esp
UniversalPerkRequirements.esp
Stronger Dusters.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp

How often are the crashes? When do they usually occur (i.e, when starting up the game, loading saves, changing cells)? Also, URWLNV and Western Sky are not compatible.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Hmmm. I'm getting a few errors with weapons regarding DNAM in FNVEdit. There's nothing specific, it just says DNAM. Any ideas?

edit: ah, I think I have an idea what it doesn't like. Tentative 'nevermind'.

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Sigh, Hellbunny, you missed a cardinal rule: :science:

Argh, how stupid of me! That sounds easy-peasy!

*loads FOMM*

*Clicks Load Order*

*clicks on Copy to clipboard*

ERROR
"something bad seems to have happened."

.... welll....gently caress. What to do now? :(

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Hellbunny posted:

.... welll....gently caress. What to do now? :(

Screenshot or manually type it out.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Ooookay, what I thought FNVEdit was bitching about wasn't right and am thoroughly confuzzled now.

Basically, a few of my weapons have this error:
Effect - Mod 3 -> <Unknown: 0>
Effect - Mod 2 -> <Unknown: 0>
Effect - Mod 1 -> <Unknown: 0>
Above errors were found in :DNAM -

And a few have the same error, except there's random numbers in the unknown parts that seem to have nothing to do with any of the values within the weapons themselves. I thought it had something to do with the weapon mod portion of the guns, but some of them don't have ANY mods to them and are simply blank so I'm not entirely certain what the issue is.

Unfortunately, until I resolve this I can't ever clean my mod of the Calibr.esm master since FNVEdit won't save it due to those errors. :(

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Welp. Looks like it might have been a bug in FNVEdit. Upgraded to the latest experimental build and I no longer have any errors in the mod. Bizarre but whatever.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

Naky posted:

Welp. Looks like it might have been a bug in FNVEdit. Upgraded to the latest experimental build and I no longer have any errors in the mod. Bizarre but whatever.

Go man go! :D

P.S. I PM'd you my email address if you're in need of additional testers.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Mental Midget posted:

Go man go! :D

P.S. I PM'd you my email address if you're in need of additional testers.

Got it and you're now added to a list of a grand total of... 2. Heh.

edit: for those interested in helping test this thing and are too shy to post your email on the forums, you can email me to my mostly useless gmail account at naky.rules@gmail.com. Don't use it for a whole lot of anything so I don't care about spambots collecting it.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.

Naky posted:

Got it and you're now added to a list of a grand total of... 2. Heh.

Nice. The reason I'm looking forward to your mod so much is because I just want a shitload of realistic weapons!

1.) I like the fact that you're compiling all the onesie twosie weapons mods out there into one download. There's a lot of good stuff out there but I get bored with downloading and installing a bunch of single-weapon mods one after the other.

2.) The mega weapons mods such as 20th century weapons and even Fallout Classic Weapons are severely lacking in the melee area. I think I remember you posting that you added like 40 melee weapons or something? Which is perfect timing because the only runthrough/ending I have yet to do is a full-on Hail Caesar Melee Badass

3.) There's so much chaff out there to separate from the wheat with regards to good weapon mods. Something will look interesting on Nexus and I'll download it only to find that it can gib a legendary deathclaw with one bullet. Oh and also it has unlimited ammo. :wtc:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Yeah, I was in the same boat for most of those same reasons. At some point I'll probably start pulling some of the better weapons from the bigger packs to put into this one, but I more or less am forcing myself to focus on what I already got to prevent 'feature creep' issues. 20th Injection is nice, but it has a lot of weapons with some awful textures in it. Anyway, back to the grind.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

Yeah, I was in the same boat for most of those same reasons. At some point I'll probably start pulling some of the better weapons from the bigger packs to put into this one, but I more or less am forcing myself to focus on what I already got to prevent 'feature creep' issues. 20th Injection is nice, but it has a lot of weapons with some awful textures in it. Anyway, back to the grind.

It also has a number of weapons that aren't even animated properly, such as all of the bolt-action rifles.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:
Caesar’s Legion Overhaul has a new release, apparently with far fewer bugs. IMO, this is an essential mod… if it works right.

And Nevada Skies URWLified has updated with an optional add-on that adjusts the Strip’s nighttime weather lighting.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
So I've got a whole bunch of mods smashed together and have been playing a game through with them.

The biggest changes I am using are Increased Wasteland Spawns (and the active 'HIGH' file also) along with FOOK and Rusty Highways.

The stretch between Camp Searchlight to Vegas is loving BRUTAL now, with 30+ people battles happening all the time. I've got Viper Gangers from one side after me, Legion chasing me, and the NCR trying to be valiant and help me out, AND we're surrounded by highways filled with exploding cars, AND I am using the Improved Sound mod which makes me able to hear gunfights quite far away so I get to hear every shot being fired.

It is incredibly awesome and just wanted to share with you the joys that is Modding in New Vegas :black101:

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

A Lamer posted:

Screenshot or manually type it out.

well why not :sigh:

FalloutNV.esm
IWS-Core.esm
ISW-AS-EnableDebuginfo.esp
ISW-Core-patrols.esp
ISW-Core-Guards.esp
ISW-Core-Civilians.esp
ISW-AS-LowSpawns.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp
KillingKarmafix.esp
TWOBEARSHIGHFIVING.ESP
RHINO45-70MX_NV.ESP
that gun holdout.esp
better that gun 44.mag.esp
old vaquero inculeds that gun.esp
Fade That Faction Armour.esp
BoilingOil-Eli's Edge.esp
Valhalla_personal_protection_NV.esp
Fiendish Power Armor.esp
Weightless Ammo.esp
Road Warrior's Armor.esp
RHKBooneWarnFix.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex-NV.esp
LegendaryHunter.esb
NewVegasBounties.esp
markers.esp
Geonox_Restored_Riot_Armor_GlOV VERSION.esp
Geonox_Restored_Riot_Armor.esp
FatigueWeaponsFix.esp
WearGloves.esp

There's three more, but they are all related to IWS (med, high and NO interiour Spawn)and they are inactive.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Hey I opened this suit I got off the nexus in FNVEdit to lower the DT on it, and i was wondering, I see how to change DT and weight, but how do I change status effects? Like if I wanted to put a +5 stealth modifier on it, where is the field for that on FNVEit? Or isn't there one?

I looked at other items that have staus effects on them, but couldn't find any of the stats listed in FNVedit.

Thanks, I need help asap as this suit looks cool and I need it to walk around shooting things.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Umph posted:

Hey I opened this suit I got off the nexus in FNVEdit to lower the DT on it, and i was wondering, I see how to change DT and weight, but how do I change status effects? Like if I wanted to put a +5 stealth modifier on it, where is the field for that on FNVEit? Or isn't there one?

I looked at other items that have staus effects on them, but couldn't find any of the stats listed in FNVedit.

Thanks, I need help asap as this suit looks cool and I need it to walk around shooting things.

GECK, you need to modify the object effects.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Umph posted:

Yeah, like Brace said, you need to open the mod in GECK as an active file. Ideally, make it the only file you open beside the FalloutNV.esm and any masters the mod might require. From there, you can directly modify the object (DT, weight, value) under Object Window (ITEMS subdirectory for weapons and armor) or modify / create new enchantment effects under the GAME EFFECTS > OBJECT EFFECTS window.

If it helps, look at a couple of preexisting armors and object effects so you can get an idea of what you'd like to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, like Brace said, you need to open the mod in GECK as an active file. Ideally, make it the only file you open beside the FalloutNV.esm and any masters the mod might require. From there, you can directly modify the object (DT, weight, value) under Object Window (ITEMS subdirectory for weapons and armor) or modify / create new enchantment effects under the GAME EFFECTS > OBJECT EFFECTS window.

If it helps, look at a couple of preexisting armors and object effects so you can get an idea of what you'd like to change.

Hey cream, how can I change this rifle(AW50) to fire like the Gobi(no manual chambering required) and just have a small period between shooting? Right now I have to pull the pin back after I fire, similar to the Anti-Mat rifle, and I want it to fire without having to do that. I've already tried to edit the Fire Rate (to 1.00), and the Attack Multipler(to 1.6500), but now it just reloads the round really fast, instead of removing that animation all together.