Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

Dolash posted:

Apparently according to the Battletech wiki he went on to rule an entire country? The Lyrans? Not bad for a saturday morning cartoon character.

For a very short while. Adam Steiner pretty much devoted his entire life to fighting the Clans. During the FedCom Civil War, while all the rest of the Lyrans and FedSuns were fighting each other, Steiner was off basically leading an army to stop a second clan invasion by the Jade Falcons. When Katharine refused to send him any forces to stop it, he rallied mercenaries, pirates and some forces that Victor sent him, and turned them into an army that stopped the Jade Falcons cold.

Then later, during the Jihad, when Peter Steiner (The actual leader of the Lyran Commonwealth) was cut off by a Blakist siege, he abdicated the throne to Adam so the Commonwealth would not be weakened. Adam's first act as leader of the Commonwealth was to gather their remaining forces, roll and wreck the Blakist's poo poo, end the siege that had Peter pinned down, and put him back in charge.

The cartoon may not have been a sterling epic of storytelling, but I still think Adam Steiner was a pretty cool guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Axe-man posted:

The charm that the early at 3025 mechs is that they are crap, in many ways most of them are either underpowered, low heat thresholds or ammo based with either little reloads or too many reloads with not enough armor. However, it is these imperfections that make it better, than alot of the clanner mechs, the omnis can do ANYTHING have a ton of variants and simply put can mostly fire every turn without even thinking about it.

Exactly. I'm a big fan of the Wolfhound from a mechanics perspective (does everything you'd ever need from a light, well-armored, can give mediums and some heavies a tough fight, no ammo worries) but it's not that complex of a mech. Find the other guy, run rings around him, zap him with lasers, maybe watch your heat if you're playing with level 1 tech.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

Well, I already had DefHes pitch the Griffin to everyone. I know my biases are obvious, but I don't want to get in a RUT. I should at least do one lap around the Sphere.

Okay, well how about Liao propaganda for the new state-of-the-art Raven?

PoptartsNinja posted:

"The Lyran Commonwealth's Premier Scout 'Mech!"

Exactly! :v:

)I actually really like the design though, even if there's no good reason for the LRMs to be in the arm other than looks :ohdear:)

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Tempest_56 posted:

More a pocket heavy. There's a couple designs like that, and they're all pretty good. Panther, Vindicator, Whitworth, Blackjack. 35-45 tons, 4/6/4 with a shocking amount of armor for their size and rather good firepower (Some versions of the Blackjack excluded). Honestly, some of my favorite mech designs. Efficient and effective.

My favorites are right around the same weight range, but are the ones that focus first on mobility and protection with armament as the short straw. "The First Duty Of A Mech Is To Stay Upright And Continue Shooting Things", to bastardize Tirpitz's maxim about warships. For the IS at tech level 1, as I think I've said before the Phoenix Hawk is near and dear to my heart. The Vulcan is also in that category as is the Firestarter with jump jets, and some versions of the Jenner.

e: Basically in order my priorities are speed/armor/weaponry. This makes me fairly odd among BT players.

e2: PHX-1D is pretty much my dream level 1 Mech. :allears:

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Well, I already had DefHes pitch the Griffin to everyone. I know my biases are obvious, but I don't want to get in a RUT. I should at least do one lap around the Sphere.

Do the Free Worlds League! Show off one of the many, many, many horrible light mechs they inexplicably seem to love.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

WarLocke posted:

Okay, well how about Liao propaganda for the new state-of-the-art Raven?

Well, I was thinking about either that, or an Archernar presentation on the Valkyrie. It and the Panther could have been best friends, if they weren't already enemies.

Agent Interrobang posted:

Do the Free Worlds League! Show off one of the many, many, many horrible light mechs they inexplicably seem to love.

"Shut up!"
"No, YOU SHUT UP!"

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
The Raven would be an entertaining next writeup, especially when done from a "Liao" perspective. Bros be crazy.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

It's too bad the Ostscout is one of those designs that's not really identified as a particular House's, because it needs some propaganda.

Mukaikubo posted:

e2: PHX-1D is pretty much my dream level 1 Mech. :allears:

Centurion is the coolest 3025 medium. :colbert:

(Enforcer gets an honorable mention)

Mukaikubo posted:

The Raven would be an entertaining next writeup, especially when done from a "Liao" perspective. Bros be crazy.

The Liaos are like the couple that is in the apartment next to yours. They yell and scream at each other all the time, and there's dents in the wall from where they throw poo poo at each other, and the one time you went over there to ask them to chill out the chick pulled a knife on you.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 29, 2011

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Yeah, downsized designs kind of fell out of favor for a while with the XL Engine, since you could have cavalry heavies and super-fast mediums, but they've actually made a comeback in TRO: 3085. You'd probably really like the Shockwave

Wow. That is one seriously beefy piece of no-nonsense 50-ton hardware.

And actually kind of aesthetically pleasing, too, if you're into industrial heavy metal.

WarLocke posted:

I'd love to see your take on Steiner propaganda with the Zeus.

Actually, I want to see him justify the existence of the Wasp. Still, I'll take anything. :)

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

"Shut up!"
"No, YOU SHUT UP!"

Ladies and gentlemen, the sum total history of the Free Worlds League. :rimshot:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

"The Lyran Commonwealth's Premier Scout 'Mech!"

drat, this thread should produce a line of hipster Battletech t-shirts...

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Actually, I want to see him justify the existence of the Wasp. Still, I'll take anything. :)

"These things cost 5 bucks to make" pretty much. :v:

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Trebuchet 5J 4 lyfe

Edit: remember being in a megamek campaign a while back set during Anton Marik's rebellion. I somehow got the short straw and ended up in a Wasp, and was one of two people with mechs lighter than 45 tons.

And I felt a helluva lot better than the guy who had to roll on the capellan salvage table and got an Urbanmech.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 29, 2011

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

The Wasp! What, would you rather be on foot? I've got an infantry rifle right here buddy, so keep complaining!

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

WarLocke posted:

"These things cost 5 bucks to make" pretty much. :v:

It would be fun to see a zerg-rush of about ten Wasps ganging up on an Atlas, clustering around him and pew-pewing at him. I'm sure the Atlas will more or less blow away a Wasp a round, if not two, but the number of kicks will mean he's going to fail a PSR eventually and go down, then they can all kick him while he's down and he's flailing around trying to shoot them and getting up.

Kind of like watching ten ten-year-olds with water and nerf pistols bumrushing a 16-year-old with an airsoft rifle.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

When the magic of friendship fails, the only recourse left to a pony is particle projector cannons. :black101:

Pony power

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Gothsheep posted:

The Wasp! What, would you rather be on foot? I've got an infantry rifle right here buddy, so keep complaining!

I can't pilot a Wasp into a Hardened building without blowing it up and killing myself, but with a rifle I can take shelter in a building...

So I might just prefer to grab that rifle and ditch the 'mech, depending on the situation. Don't laugh. :)

Chance II posted:

Pony power

That's a PPC? It looks more like an AC/2... Or a gigantic dildo.

Ah, hell with it, we have a new Clan Hell's Horses totem nontheless! :)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Probably two a round, actually. One with the AC/20, one with a kick (which ALSO hits for 20 points).

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Ladies and gentlemen, the sum total history of the Free Worlds League. :rimshot:

Pretty much, which makes them fun if you wanna play like a planetary militia, can you say that i unironically piloted a hermies ii to protect some farmers :gonk:

edit: especially when your governer is one of them trying to kill his way to the top of the FWL

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Hell, since I'm here, I'm just gonna rattle off some of my favorite mech designs.

* ACS-1 Arcas: Probably my favorite Clanner non-omni. Easy to keep from running too hot, good at mid-to-short range, big and burly while still being speedy and jump-capable. Just a fabulous all-around bruiser design. GHOST BEARS + RASALHAGUE = BROS TO THE END

* THG-11E Thug: The Warhammer, but better in every conceivable respect. My all-time favorite Assault-class mech, even though it's on the low end of the weight-spectrum.

* BSW-X2 Bushwacker: I love the X2 variant so much. It has an easier time handling heat, and a pair of LRM-5s with an AC-10 gives it very nice firepower at range.

Chance II posted:

Pony power

Aaaaaaand the thread has its first fanart! You can all thank me later, though I'm still running the contest with my artist friends, so hopefully we'll have even more. :D

Agent Interrobang fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 29, 2011

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
No post here. Nooope.

Gothsheep fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 29, 2011

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
You unconscionably lucky bastards.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 29, 2011

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

It would be fun to see a zerg-rush of about ten Wasps ganging up on an Atlas, clustering around him and pew-pewing at him. I'm sure the Atlas will more or less blow away a Wasp a round, if not two, but the number of kicks will mean he's going to fail a PSR eventually and go down, then they can all kick him while he's down and he's flailing around trying to shoot them and getting up.

Kind of like watching ten ten-year-olds with water and nerf pistols bumrushing a 16-year-old with an airsoft rifle.

With the way initiative works in battletech, at least 9 of those wasps will move after the atlas (wow my initative rules are rusty) sometimes all the wasps will move after the atlas. Since the only arm weapons the atlas has is a Mlaser on each arm then atlas can fire at once per turn so long as the wasps are played smartly. It would be very unlikely that the atlas is going to kill a wasp every turn without relying on really lucky rolls.

Longinus00 fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 29, 2011

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Chance II posted:

Pony power

Haha, since you've got the PPC generating so much heat it would make sense fro a raised mane - more surface area to radiate away heat. And since it's a quad might as well stick some medium lasers in the forelegs like it has in that picture.

Hrmm. 80 ton Clan standard mech, 5/8/0, ER PPC and 4x Med Laser... ?

Edit: Could give it jump jets (2 in each rear leg, 1 torso) too, it's clantech so they'll have weight to spare. Then slap on max armor and maybe a targeting computer...

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ah, a favorite topic of mine.

First, the Hauptmann. This thing is unkillable in any configuration. A 95-ton OmniMech with max armor? Built like a brick shithouse, and it has a cigar laser.

There's a lot of heavies out there I like, and I've already mention the Defiance, so I might as well throw out the Dragon Fire. Even though it relies primarily on ammo-based weapons it manages to be really tough to kill and have good combat endurance. Also the range brackets are great.

Also gonna rep the Warhammer-9S. I'm a sucker for light engines.

And speaking of Warhammers and Pocket Heavies, the Uziel-2S is basically a 6/9/6 Warhammer. Runs a little hot, so you gotta volley fire, but that's just a part of being good at the game. Makes great fire support with it's maneuverability.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 29, 2011

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
If Defiance Industries does the Free Worlds League, he has to do the Hermes II. The only medium 'mech that is arguably worse than its predecessor in every conceivable way (except maybe armor).

Update is extremely soon.

Also, the 'Mech commercials are being added to the front page stuff.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

WarLocke posted:

Haha, since you've got the PPC generating so much heat it would make sense fro a raised mane - more surface area to radiate away heat. And since it's a quad might as well stick some medium lasers in the forelegs like it has in that picture.

Hrmm. 80 ton Clan standard mech, 5/8/0, ER PPC and 4x Med Laser... ?

Edit: Could give it jump jets (2 in each rear leg, 1 torso) too, it's clantech so they'll have weight to spare. Then slap on max armor and maybe a targeting computer...

Oooh, ooh, good name! ERS-5R Erasure. :D

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chance II posted:

Pony power

Is THIS the mech you were thinking of?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Kell Hounds: Cylene Tactical Update 7

Combat Results:
C Vulcan
Attempts to stand. 5 base: rolled 9, stand successful. 4 mp remaining.

A Griffin
Fires LRM10 at K4 (3 base + 3 jumped + 0 enemy movement + 2 medium range + 1 light woods = 9): Rolled 11, hit with 10 missiles (3/18 armor remaining on right leg, 0/18 armor 12/14 structure remaining on right leg)! Critical chance!
Generates 9 heat, sinks 12. Now at 0 residual heat.

B Blackjack
Fires large laser at K1 (4 base + 3 jumped + 2 enemy movement + 0 short range + 1 light woods = 10): Rolled 8, miss!
Fires large laser at K1 (4 base + 3 jumped + 2 enemy movement + 0 short range + 1 light woods = 10): Rolled 9, miss!
Generates 20 heat, sinks 17. Now at 6 residual heat.

C Vulcan
Fires medium laser at K2 (4 base + 1 walked + 3 enemy movement + 4 long range = 12): Rolled 6, miss!
Fires medium laser at K2 (4 base + 1 walked + 3 enemy movement + 4 long range = 12): Rolled 3, miss!
Generates 7 heat, sinks 12. Now at 0 residual heat.

D Jenner
Fires SRM4 at K2 (4 base + 3 jumped + 3 enemy movement + 0 short range = 10): Rolled 9, miss!
Generates 8 heat, sinks 10. now at 5 residual heat. Movement penalty ends.

K1 Hussar
Fires Large Laser at B Blackjack (2 base + 2 ran + 3 enemy movement + 0 short range + 1 partial cover = 8): Rolled 3, miss!
Generates 10 heat, sinks 10.

K2 Spider
Generates 6 heat, sinks 10.

K4 Dragon
Fires LRM 10 at A Griffin (4 base + 1 walked + 3 target movement + 2 medium range = 10): Rolled 4, miss!
Fires Autocannon 5 at A Griffin (4 base + 1 walked + 3 target movement + 2 medium range = 10): Rolled 12, hit left leg (13/18 armor remaining)!
Generates 6 heat, sinks 10.

Critical Chances
K4 Dragon 0 criticals sustained

The harsh ruby beam of a heavy laser seared brilliant purple afterimages into Desmond’s vision for a few seconds. He flinched—it was second nature, the beam had come close enough to scorch the paint on his Blackjack’s head. His own shots missed wide, to either side of the Hussar—fast little bastard.

Lieutenant Barnes chortled into the comms. “Ha, got you now you snake bastard! Let’s see you get over the river with no leg armor!”

Desmond grinned, if the LT’s proclamation was accurate, setting a single foot in the nearby river would cost the Dragon its leg! He had little time to dwell on this sudden turn of events, however, as the tiny bastard of a Spider rocketed off its perch—bearing straight at his position.

“Look out, Desmond!” Yoshita warned, unhelpfully, “he’s going to try for Death from Above!”

Turn 8 OpForce Movement:
K1 HSR-300-D Hussar runs to 0304
K2 SDR-5K Spider jumps to 0809
K4 DRG-1G Grand Dragon remains in 2014

Enemy Forces
K1 HSR-300-D Hussar
K2 SDR-5K Spider
K4 DRG-1N Dragon

Victory Condition: Disable or Destroy both J. Edgar hovertanks (complete!)
Optional Secondary Condition: Disable or Destroy all House Kurita ‘mech forces (1/4)

Kell Hounds ’Mech Status
A GRF-1N Griffin (KnoxZone)
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 20/20 (13/13)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 13/20 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 7/7
RT A(S): 20/20 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 14/14 (9/9)
RA A(S): 13/14 (9/9)
LL A(S): 13/18 (13/13)
RL A(S): 18/18 (13/13)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 6, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
LRM 10 – RT (Heat: 4, Ammo: 21, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands—may punch with either arm (may not punch with right arm if PPC is fired)

B BJ-1DB Blackjack (Axe-man)
Weight: 45 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 14/14 (11/11)
LT R A(S): 5/5
CT A(S): 16/16 (14/14)
CT R A(S): 7/7
RT A(S): 14/14 (11/11)
RT R A(S): 5/5
LA A(S): 11/11 (7/7)
RA A(S): 11/11 (7/7)
LL A(S): 14/14 (11/11)
RL A(S): 14/14 (11/11)
Heat: 6/30
Heat Sinks: 17
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5 Min:), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands or actuators —may not punch with either arm (may fire arm-mounted weapons into the rear arc)

C VLT-5T Vulcan (Pladdicus)
Weight: 40 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 7/12 (10/10)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 9/15 (12/12)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 7/12 (6/10)
RT R A(S): 0/4
LA A(S): 11/11 (6/6)
RA A(S): 7/11 (6/6)
LL A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
RL A(S): 9/14 (10/10)
Heat: 0/30
Heat Sinks: 12
Movement: 6/9/6
Mechwarrior: Pilot 5, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Status: Lightly Injured (sprained back)
Armament:
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:5 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:5 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:5 S:3 Min:0), Status: DESTROYED!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:5 S:3 Min:0), Status: DESTROYED!)
Flamer – RA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Machine Gun – LA (Heat: 0, Ammo: 196, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands—may punch with either arm at increased risk of self-damage

D JR7-D Jenner (Cthulhu Dreams)
Weight: 35 tons (Light)
HD A(S): 7/7 (3/3)
LT A(S): 8/8 (8/8)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 10/10 (11/11)
CT R A(S): 3/3
RT A(S): 8/8 (8/8)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 4/4 (6/6)
RA A(S): 4/4 (6/6)
LL A(S): 6/6 (8/8)
RL A(S): 6/6 (8/8)
Heat: 5/30
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 7/11/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Armament:
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
SRM 4 – CT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 22, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3 Min:0), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands or actuators —may not punch with either arm (may fire arm-mounted weapons into the rear arc)

Enemy ‘Mech Status
K1 HSR-300-D Hussar
Ran: 11
Damage: None
Armament: Large Laser

K2 SDR-5K Spider
Jumped: 6
Armament: Medium Laser, 2 machine guns

K3 JR7-D Jenner

K4 DRG-1N Dragon
Remained Stationary: Remained Stationary
Armament: 1 Autocannon 5, 1 LRM 10, 2 medium lasers

K5 J. Edgar light hover tank

K6 J. Edgar light hover tank

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 9, 2013

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it

* THG-11E Thug: The Warhammer, but better in every conceivable respect. My all-time favorite Assault-class mech, even though it's on the low end of the weight-spectrum.
Whaaaaat

Maybe that holds true in 3025, but for tech 2 the Warhammer 8D is one of the best-designed mechs you can get.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Also, the 'Mech commercials are being added to the front page stuff.

Can it read "sponsored by Defiance Industries?"

Makes it real commercialy.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Oh dear... Death from Above. I don't remember much from ClickyMech, but I do remember that's not a term you want to be on the receiving end of. :ohdear:

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Xmas Future posted:

Whaaaaat

Maybe that holds true in 3025, but for tech 2 the Warhammer 8D is one of the best-designed mechs you can get.

Well, I was presuming a stock Warhammer. The 8D is definitely a beast, but I have an inexplicable love for the Thug.

Also, ahahahaha, that Dragon is fuuuuuuuuuuucked.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

gently caress, the Hussar is going to get away. :(

Also, did the Vulcan pilot choose to do nothing but stand up? He still has (had?) 4 mp to go.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Lieutenant Barnes chortled into the comms. “Ha, got you now you snake bastard! Let’s see you get over the river with no leg armor!”

:smug:

Also, that Hussar worries me. I don't like the idea of a light mech behind me. The Tai-I might be feeling a bit nervous right now, and willing to sacrifice some honor to turn the tides against us. After all, it is just a bunch of lowly mercenaries.

I don't think it will flee, not yet at least.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 29, 2011

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it

Well, I was presuming a stock Warhammer. The 8D is definitely a beast, but I have an inexplicable love for the Thug.
Ah, fair enough, I played a Comstar campaign on a megamek server so I can sympathize it's a pretty sweet ride.

:snoop: THUG LYFE :snoop:

Also, gently caress that dragon up.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

W.T. Fits posted:

Oh dear... Death from Above. I don't remember much from ClickyMech, but I do remember that's not a term you want to be on the receiving end of. :ohdear:

It's a Spider, DFA damage is based on weight (IIRC) and the Spider is pretty light. It's still a better choice than using its dinky lasers assuming it hits though (not gauranteed at all) although likely it'll miss, faceplant, and get its side kicked in or something.

Also, ahahahaha, that Dragon is fuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Yeah, really. Cut off from most of the map, gonna have to turn around and show back armor to retreat... :black101:

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
The spider might do what, 6 damage?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

WarLocke posted:

gently caress, the Hussar is going to get away. :(

Also, did the Vulcan pilot choose to do nothing but stand up? He still has (had?) 4 mp to go.

He moved (check the map. Gray is where he fell down).

Also, yeah, there's plenty of time to get out of the way of the DFA. Alternatively, the Blackjack could stand there and shoot it down (then get hit by 30 tons of falling debris).

VVV Yeah, it's the spider's turn 8 movement.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

The spider might do what, 6 damage?

It would kinda suck if that 6 damage landed on his head.

Does the DFA attack occur next turn then? It's been forever since I've played any Battletech.

• Locked thread