Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Eclipse12 posted:

I once got up and left my high school english class after making a particularly funny joke. George was an inspiration to us all!

I'm an unemployed college graduate living with his parents whose nickname is T-Bone. I win the George contest if you can really call it winning.

Alfred P. Pseudonym fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I'm an unemployed college graduate living with his parents whose nickname is T-Bone. I win the George contest if you can really call it winning.

Do you ever call your parents and hear what suspiciously sounds like your mother calling out in a lousy accent that the Chinese Food has arrived?

pepperoniroller
Sep 11, 2001

Jerusalem posted:

Do you ever call your parents and hear what suspiciously sounds like your mother calling out in a lousy accent that the Chinese Food has arrived?

This works! I did it when my wife was on the phone with someone she didnt want to talk to

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar

pepperoniroller posted:

This works! I did it when my wife was on the phone with someone she didnt want to talk to

Now, if you excuse me, I'm gonna make love to your mother.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
He stopped short!

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Role Play McMurphy posted:

You double-dipped the chip!

From now on, when you take a chip, just take one dip and END IT.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
He flew right into your head...like he couldn't avoid it.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Poque posted:

Alright George, alright. I'm sorry. I'm very very sorry. I'm so sorry that I didn't want your rather bulbous head struggling to find its way through the normal size neckhole of my finely knit sweater.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Robnoxious posted:

Alright George, alright. I'm sorry. I'm very very sorry. I'm so sorry that I didn't want your rather bulbous head struggling to find its way through the normal size neckhole of my finely knit sweater.

You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
The van's a-rockin'...!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I'm an unemployed college graduate living with his parents whose nickname is T-Bone.

I'm Victoria; hi.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
You're not giving away our Waterpik!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

I don't think we even HAVE that flavor.

James Spader is brilliant and easily one of the best one shot characters in the whole run of Seinfeld.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

neoboman posted:

I don't think we even HAVE that flavor.

James Spader is brilliant and easily one of the best one shot characters in the whole run of Seinfeld.

I've got a flash for you, joy-boy.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Water! They need some water! They'll get dehydrated on the plane! Get the Seinfelds some water- please! Please!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
This is the best place to ask, I imagine, so someone please explain this scene to me:

The episode where Jerry finds out his dad sold the Cadillac to the space-pen guy (Jack?) he goes down to buy it back from him to give it back to his dad, mostly out of spite that his dad sold it.

At the end of the episode, after all is said and done, it shows the Seinfelds now living in a trailer, with the Caddy parked outside, saying that they'll tell Jerry later, or something, and that it was "too much house," (referring to their old condo.)

The Hell? He gives them back their car,so they sell their condo? I don't get it.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

This is the best place to ask, I imagine, so someone please explain this scene to me:

The episode where Jerry finds out his dad sold the Cadillac to the space-pen guy (Jack?) he goes down to buy it back from him to give it back to his dad, mostly out of spite that his dad sold it.

At the end of the episode, after all is said and done, it shows the Seinfelds now living in a trailer, with the Caddy parked outside, saying that they'll tell Jerry later, or something, and that it was "too much house," (referring to their old condo.)

The Hell? He gives them back their car,so they sell their condo? I don't get it.

Jerry's parents are idiot assholes. They just try to hide it with false, or overblown, humility.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DamnGlitch posted:

Jerry's parents are idiot assholes. They just try to hide it with false, or overblown, humility.

Yeah, they're terrified of being looked on as thinking they're "better" than other people.... but insist on telling everybody how great their magnificent son is. It's perfect because parents can be absolutely loving insane about their grown children.

Also I think it's that episode where Jerry complains at the end that doing all of this has blown his finances and he's poor, the other person (George or Elaine, I can't remember which) says,"Really?" and he laughs and replies smugly,"Nah, I'm still loaded!"

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

Rusty Shackelford posted:

You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister.

I don't know what that means.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

BrandNew posted:

I don't know what that means.

This quote illustrates my dislike of Jerry Seinfeld's stand-up humour. If you think about the context at all, or use any kind of common sense, it's pretty clear that means "screw your 'sorries'" or "shove your sorries up your rear end".

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

BrandNew posted:

The best part of this whole exchange is when Jerry whispers to George and he squirts the ketchup. Gets me everytime.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm hoping this isn't a repost, because this is simply amazing.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1945934

This isn't getting nearly enough love.

And here it is is a more user-friendly Youtube format!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z14_-En-JTk

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Poque posted:

I'm a walking candy apple!

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
Just watched "The Dinner," the one where Jerry blows (no pun intended) his no-vomiting streak after eating the black and white cookie.

Elaine: Not gettin' along huh? :buddy:
Jerry: I think I got David Duke and Farrakhan down there. :barf:

Fourteen years down the drain.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Just watched "The Dinner," the one where Jerry blows (no pun intended) his no-vomiting streak after eating the black and white cookie.

That part is funny but the best part is Jerry holding the black and white cookie and nodding to the black guy and the black guy, also with black and white cookie, dead serious does the same. Priceless.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

neoboman posted:

That part is funny but the best part is Jerry holding the black and white cookie and nodding to the black guy and the black guy, also with black and white cookie, dead serious does the same. Priceless.

Look to the cookie, Elaine. Look to the cookie.

pepperoniroller
Sep 11, 2001

Hipster_Doofus posted:

14 year vomit streak, yet in the episode where Elaine and George are forced to go to a movie by themselves because Jerry has to watch that damned dog they talk about the way Jerry pukes, they know it so well they both mock it

Unless there's a frozen donkey wheel in Monks, they couldnt know!

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

Secks posted:

Glorious.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlLPAIrmqvE

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Eclipse12 posted:

^^^^ I never get tired of those.

Eclipse12 is gettin' upset!

Although that actually makes more sense, because it explains why I've never seen it since or heard it referenced.

whats more crazy is I can picture it so clearly too and I know it never happened. I think my brain cobbled a memory together using the hot tub or something as a "level."

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Kramer was going to put levels in his apartment. I think Eclipse12 just thought he meant "levels" as in "floors", rather than just steps of various heights in the place.

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.

pepperoniroller posted:

Unless there's a frozen donkey wheel in Monks, they couldnt know!

These fish biscuits are makin' me thirsty!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Smoke monster's gettin upset!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Easily the best of the re-cuts. That was awesome.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

I think it makes more sense in the context of the episode. Both Jerry and George are thinking about the money they will inherit when their parents die, and so are their parents. George's parents start to blow their money, while the Seinfelds are concerned about giving money to Jerry. They sold the cadillac to help out Jerry because they thought he was having financial trouble. He goes down and buys it back for twice what they sold it, which he can do because he has a ton of money. After all that, his parents are still concerned about saving up money for Jerry, so they sell the condo.

It's just part of the joke that his parents are way too concerned about Jerry's finances when he doesn't actually need the help, and the exact opposite situation is going on with the Costanzas.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 30, 2011

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

wa27 posted:

the exact opposite

"My name is George, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

"My name is George, I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

I've always wanted to go up to a girl and use this line. There might be a very very slight chance that it could work, or at the very least she could also be a Seinfeld fan and get a kick out of it. Most likely though girls will think you're pathetic and ignore you for saying that to them.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

DrBouvenstein posted:

Where is the clip starting ~1:54 where Jerry diabolically leans into the scene from? It's the only one in the whole (amazing) video I don't recognize and I must watch that episode immediately.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Master of the house...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

You mean the panties your mother laid out for you?