Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

This thread is more obsessed about Howard's private parts than he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Dr. Laura trumped the "pranksters" at their own game because she refused to cut them off. After they weren't cut off, they really didn't know what to do, and engaged in lighthearted conversation. It was really kind of retarded.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Isn't that what O&A do with Baba Booey calls? They just leave them hanging until they awkwardly hang up

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Most people who call into radio shows don't have a whole lot going on in the brains department, generally speaking. High Pitch and the rest of the mouth breathers who hang on hold for four hours a day hoping to talk to Howard aren't too sharp with the clever patter. If they hadn't neutered Sal and Richard (they got a talking to from corporate, whether Howard gave them "permission" or not), or if Janks or Yucko or any of the other more talented sociopaths had gotten involved, it woulda been a lot better.

I'm still glad they disrupted her show. She's a really gross human being.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

ETM Update

He's deleted his channel - as I said he's going in to hiding to avoid the challenge - call Howard100 and get Langford on this!

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

AxeManiac posted:

Seems more like his mom wasn't genuine about that, it was like a "thing" for her. Like how vegans run around telling people about how vegan their diet is.
I think his mother had good intentions. Specifically, that they weren't going to engage in white flight. But Howard bore the brunt of her cause and I don't think she ever realized that. Mom looks like a hero but Howie's still scared of the blaeks.

At least based on Howard's recollections, anyway. Keep in mind, he still believes he was the victim in the Gary dinner party fiasco. BETH LET'S GOOOOOOOO!

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second

chiz posted:

Also, I have to disagree with something. Howard wasn't imbued with the fifties view of black people. His mother was very liberal as he's said time and time again on the show. She liked black people and tried to teach Howard to "not be afraid of black skin"

Do you guys listen to the show?

Longtime listener here, since '89 or so. I've heard all his stories about his childhood and I don't get where you think his mom was some hardcore liberal. If his mom was anything at all, she was a New Age freak. Remember the story about how Howard's mom took him to the dentist and had them drill a hole in his tooth with no anesthesia, because it was "unnatural" or some poo poo? How about the way she drilled fear of filthy germy poops into his head so much that as a kid when he left a streak in his tighty-whiteys, he was so ashamed/disgusted that he went out & buried them under a tree? Or how she'd make him practice meditation with her?

Dude's mom hosed him up in a lot of ways, but I don't think politics played much of a role. (Although it makes you wonder where his moderate Republican dad was, when all this crazy poo poo was happening.) Dude's got issues but he also has the attitude you'd expect from a guy raised in his time and place. I stand by my original statement, dammit.
:colbert:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The Bubba android app is terrifyingly bad. I think Bubba wrote it himself. http://m.radioio.com works pretty well though.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Manwithastick posted:

ETM Update

He's deleted his channel - as I said he's going in to hiding to avoid the challenge - call Howard100 and get Langford on this!

NOW he's dead. See? He died a few months back and they're covering it up.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Manwithastick posted:

ETM Update

Maybe he's a comical genius doing an Andy Kaufman-like move.

And maybe Robin's not a narcossistic liar.

nurall
May 4, 2005

hey hows it going

FogHelmut posted:

The Bubba android app is terrifyingly bad. I think Bubba wrote it himself. http://m.radioio.com works pretty well though.

i thought it was just me. but it does still say beta on it.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

FogHelmut posted:

The iOS app has a landing/splash page...

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
He has 2 accounts, he closed 1.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jfsc03#p/u/1/YHSy9b8h8nQ

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
Somebody really needs to get to the bottom of this "I've created a few viral videos" mystery.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Skitz posted:

Somebody really needs to get to the bottom of this "I've created a few viral videos" mystery.

Yes! What was THAT all about? I kind of laughed when he said it, I was thinking he was joking. But uh, maybe he wasn't?

Edit: and I don't mean he created some, but that he maybe misunderstands what they are and thinks filming something on the BlackBerry is creating a viral video.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

He has 2 accounts, he closed 1.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jfsc03#p/u/1/YHSy9b8h8nQ

Hahahahaha every single comment he's left on his own channel were marked as spam by people and you have to click them to read them.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kelly posted:

Yes! What was THAT all about? I kind of laughed when he said it, I was thinking he was joking. But uh, maybe he wasn't?

Edit: and I don't mean he created some, but that he maybe misunderstands what they are and thinks filming something on the BlackBerry is creating a viral video.

He had to be joking, there is no way Howard made four or five videos that 'went viral' and we just now barely hear about it.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

-Atom- posted:

He had to be joking, there is no way Howard made four or five videos that 'went viral' and we just now barely hear about it.

Not unless he thinks people are talking about Gary in that walking ape video.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

-Atom- posted:

On TWUS, Gary said he didn't know what he was talking about and also wasn't sure if he has kidding. I thought he was kidding...or making light of how easy it was. As in, it was so easy that even he could do it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

On TWUS, Gary said he didn't know what he was talking about and also wasn't sure if he has kidding. I thought he was kidding...or making light of how easy it was. As in, it was so easy that even he could do it.

The only viral videos Howard could make would involve him not knowing how to use his phone, then accidentally uploading them. That's what threw Booey.

Oh, and catch out this screengrab from the Midget's spare account. He hates being outsmarted:

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
I love this comment on his "new" account.

STOP SAYING "OK" AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY VIDEO.

STOP DESPERATELY MENTIONING THE STERN SHOW IN EVERY VIDEO IN A PATHETIC BID TO GET MENTIONED ON-AIR WITHOUT HAVING TO CALL IN.

STOP GAINING WEIGHT--YOU LOOK LIKE AN ARTIE MINI-ME (DOES THIS MEAN YOU'LL STAB YOURSELF IN THE CHEST? OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE).

STOP KEEPING THOSE CRAB CLAWS OFF CAM--I WANT THEM WHERE I CAN SEE THEM AT ALL TIMES.  SAFETY FIRST.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

scapulataf posted:

I love this comment on his "new" account.

STOP KEEPING THOSE CRAB CLAWS OFF CAM--I WANT THEM WHERE I CAN SEE THEM AT ALL TIMES.  SAFETY FIRST.

:lol:

If he keeps this up he doesn't have to call in. This is even better.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
As much as I despse that little fucker, I think it would be good for the show for him to call in. It would be the most entertainment they've had on the show for a long time. At least they can mock him and generally treat him like poo poo.
I wish there was a dialogue between him and Hank.

"Go have sex with jesus christ, you little midget human being!!"

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I liked it when he said "I'm not a pussy fucker...wait that came out wrong"

Guy has me in stitches, what will he do next?

not much because apparently he's dead

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

What the hell. Yeah, Robin. Looks...delicious?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Skitz posted:

What the hell. Yeah, Robin. Looks...delicious?

I can't find anything resembling a pizza in that photo.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Snark posted:

At least based on Howard's recollections, anyway. Keep in mind, he still believes he was the victim in the Gary dinner party fiasco. BETH LET'S GOOOOOOOO!

I loved hearing that story. My faaavorite was when Howard closed the patio door on the band in the backyard because he was cold.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Someone refresh my memory about that Gary dinner story...was that when they were all over there at Gary's and Howard got mad because they ate late? And Gary had hired someone to cook for them or something...?

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
I think Artie showed up really late and it was like 7 or 8:00 Howard needed to get to bed, and so he left before the dinner was served and he was just generally uncomfortable and cranky, you know, being in a social situation and all.

CapnPyro
Mar 18, 2003
I draw stuff.
Robin's hair looks like a scared animal trying to flee her head.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

scapulataf posted:

I think Artie showed up really late and it was like 7 or 8:00 Howard needed to get to bed, and so he left before the dinner was served and he was just generally uncomfortable and cranky, you know, being in a social situation and all.

Ah - I was indeed thinking of the right incident. Thanks much!

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Kelly posted:

Except for the sausage that Robin appears to have her hand on. Hi-ohhh!
(I wouldn't have noticed if the comments didn't point it out)

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
Hey does anyone have a youtube link to the Gary the Retard birthday special where they sent him to the moon and had sal and richard dress up as historical figures to wish gary happy birthday?

"Four score and seven retards ago....."

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

Former Human posted:

Anyone else catch Robin's attempt to name military ranks yesterday? "Private third class" and "light colonel."

You mean when she was talking about how she joined the Air Force to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a pilot, but then gave up on that dream once she learned that it would take five years? After joining the military she made the surprising discovery that it involved obeying authority so she immediately hated it.

I also liked when she claimed that the Air Force really wanted her to work as a pilot for them but she turned them down, and that is was annoying for her when she had to be a nurse working around a bunch of doctors who didn't know as much about medicine as she did.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

scapulataf posted:

Hey does anyone have a youtube link to the Gary the Retard birthday special where they sent him to the moon and had sal and richard dress up as historical figures to wish gary happy birthday?

That is one of my FAAAAVORITE bits, it just screams something Sal would do.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Kelly posted:

It was pizza, then they puked it all up and took a picture

edit: holy christ. episode 8 has the worst audio yet. channels reversed, high end distortion and overdriven to boot.

Joe 30330 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 30, 2011

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

scapulataf posted:

My favourite was Richard Christy as Hitler giving Gary a spray to turns jews normal (if I remember rightly)

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Manwithastick posted:

My favourite was Richard Christy as Hitler giving Gary a spray to turns jews normal (if I remember rightly)

Retarded flu, in the flesh. My fave.

I Am a Keg.
Sep 25, 2008

by T. Finn

Chimneyfish posted:

After joining the military she made the surprising discovery that it involved obeying authority so she immediately hated it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
This might be the best thread on the internet: Eric the Midget Vacation Photos