Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, like Brace said, you need to open the mod in GECK as an active file. Ideally, make it the only file you open beside the FalloutNV.esm and any masters the mod might require. From there, you can directly modify the object (DT, weight, value) under Object Window (ITEMS subdirectory for weapons and armor) or modify / create new enchantment effects under the GAME EFFECTS > OBJECT EFFECTS window.

If it helps, look at a couple of preexisting armors and object effects so you can get an idea of what you'd like to change.
Ok, I opened the geck, went to data, then loaded Fallout NV.esm, and SnazzySuit.esm. I set Snazzysuit as active file, as otherwise I get an error. Ok now I'm looking at the object window, the item category, and it;s blank. Like there are no items showing up in the object window. What am I doing wrong?

This has happened everytime I try to use the geck and I get discouraged. Thank you so much if you can help me.

edit; setting no active file did not produce errors when i reloaded, but there are still no entries in the object window under items.

Like I think when I open NewVegas.esm, in the object window there should be thousands of entries for me to start learning from, but there's hardly anything. The only object that appears is handful of random things like bobby pins and gas trapdummy.

Umph fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jan 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brace posted:

Hey cream, how can I change this rifle(AW50) to fire like the Gobi(no manual chambering required) and just have a small period between shooting? Right now I have to pull the pin back after I fire, similar to the Anti-Mat rifle, and I want it to fire without having to do that. I've already tried to edit the Fire Rate (to 1.00), and the Attack Multipler(to 1.6500), but now it just reloads the round really fast, instead of removing that animation all together.

What's the reload animation for the AW50? The Gobi's is ReloadC whereas the AM is ReloadO. Try changing it to C.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Naky posted:

What's the reload animation for the AW50? The Gobi's is ReloadC whereas the AM is ReloadO. Try changing it to C.

It was under Attack Anim, set it to Attack Anim Left rather than Attack Anim 9.

Whenever I try to go into my inventory, and then scroll over to weapons, my game crashes. :smith:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Umph posted:

Ok, I opened the geck, went to data, then loaded Fallout NV.esm, and SnazzySuit.esm. I set Snazzysuit as active file, as otherwise I get an error. Ok now I'm looking at the object window, the item category, and it;s blank. Like there are no items showing up in the object window. What am I doing wrong?

This has happened everytime I try to use the geck and I get discouraged. Thank you so much if you can help me.

edit; setting no active file did not produce errors when i reloaded, but there are still no entries in the object window under items.

Why is snazzy suit a master file in the first place?

Brace posted:

Hey cream, how can I change this rifle(AW50) to fire like the Gobi(no manual chambering required) and just have a small period between shooting? Right now I have to pull the pin back after I fire, similar to the Anti-Mat rifle, and I want it to fire without having to do that. I've already tried to edit the Fire Rate (to 1.00), and the Attack Multipler(to 1.6500), but now it just reloads the round really fast, instead of removing that animation all together.

Open up the AW50 mod, and while you're there, check the vanilla reload animation and attack animation for the vanilla sniper rifle. Then just configure your AW50 to use those animations. It'll be stupid looking because you're going to be yanking on an invisible charging handle (where there would be one for the vanilla sniper rifle) but it should make the weapon semi-automatic.

While you're at it, I'm wondering if changing the reload animation is even necessary...you might be able to get away with just changing the attack animation. If you try this, let me know if it works.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

While you're at it, I'm wondering if changing the reload animation is even necessary...you might be able to get away with just changing the attack animation. If you try this, let me know if it works.

Yeah, the only reason why I mentioned it is that sometimes things are fluky, especially with mods. You never know how they're animated and I've been fooled before. Either way, altering one or both should technically fix it.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Why is snazzy suit a master file in the first place?

I didn't say anything about master file :( The only master file I see here is FalloutNV.esm.

Thee must be one simple step I'm just not seeing in between loading .esms from the data menu and actually seeing any of that data.

e;
Like I think when I open NewVegas.esm, in the object window there should be thousands of entries for me to start learning from, but there's hardly anything. The only object that appears is handful of random things like bobby pins and gas trapdummy.

Umph fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 29, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Umph posted:

I didn't say anything about master file :( The only master file I see here is FalloutNV.esm.

Oh, you wrote snazzysuit.esm, which is what threw me off.

I just downloaded the mod off of the Nexus to see what was up. All I did was drop the esp into my data folder, start up GECK, and double-click Snazzy Suit and set it as active. I don't even touch or check the FalloutNV.esm. By opening an active esp, GECK will automatically open up master files that the esp is dependent on.

It opened up fine for me, so I'm not sure what would be the problem. Are you using the NV version of GECK? If you try using the FO3 version, you'll have issues like these. Have you ever been able to successfully open up an NV mod in GECK?

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It opened up fine for me, so I'm not sure what would be the problem. Are you using the NV version of GECK? If you try using the FO3 version, you'll have issues like these. Have you ever been able to successfully open up an NV mod in GECK?

No I have not. Maybe I am using the FO3 one, let me try and see if that's what's been wrong all this time. I try to get the dang thing to work like once a week.

e; Welp yep its the Fo3 one. I got it from the NV site I could have sworn. Thanks man I bet i'll be able to figure it all our from here.

Seriously thank you, I needed this 'ah ha' moment.

e;; Hm the geck version on the wiki is fo3. Is the 1.5 update what changes it into the new vegas version?

Umph fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 29, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Umph posted:

.esm means master file. Snazzysuit should be an .esp, a plugin.

Also, the aw50 changing to a semi auto is for some reason causing me to crash in the inventory screen. hm.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Oh well there's no link on the main page of the Geck wiki for the New Vegas version of the geck, only the fo3 version, and it doesn't say anything about a different version. I found it though, how loving irritating.

Thanks again guys.

e; Yeah it all works now. I've been wanting to make mods for like 5 months but I keep getting discouraged, as every tutorial I've ever tried didn't work because of that. :eng99:

Umph fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 29, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Umph posted:

No I have not. Maybe I am using the FO3 one, let me try and see if that's what's been wrong all this time. I try to get the dang thing to work like once a week.

e; Welp yep its the Fo3 one. I got it from the NV site I could have sworn. Thanks man I bet i'll be able to figure it all our from here.

Seriously thank you, I needed this 'ah ha' moment.

e;; Hm the geck version on the wiki is fo3. Is the 1.5 update what changes it into the new vegas version?

I can't hyperlink the download page to you because Bethesda's website is designed by a dickhead. For all intensive purposes, it will direct you to the FO3 GECK even if you're on the NV portion of the site.

The file you're looking for is a 5.9 MB file. Google "Fallout New Vegas GECK" if you have to, but be absolutely sure it isn't the FO3 version.

Umph posted:

Oh well there's no link on the main page of the Geck wiki for the New Vegas version of the geck, only the fo3 version, and it doesn't say anything about a different version. I found it though, how loving irritating.

Thanks again guys.

e; Yeah it all works now.

Good, glad to hear it. Their website is seriously loving aggravating though.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

One last question, how do I make a custom object effect to add to the drop down list? I can't seem to find it in the editor.

e; Never mind i found it. Wheee I'm so glad this is working now. Can't wait to make my teddy bear backpack with rufee-inhalent dispenser and secret van base.

Umph fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 29, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Bah. I hate odd quirks in GECK. No matter how much I rebuild this one mesh and resave it, it constantly causes GECK to crash which leads me to believe that it's not the meshes' fault. Oh well, I'll just have to leave out this particular mod variant until I fix it or alter it.

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

For all intensive purposes,

:mad:

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Yay

Thanks cream o plenty.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
drat that is classy.

Demerzel
Sep 11, 2001

Only the spergiest will do.

RagnarokAngel posted:

drat that is classy.

Needs a Rolex pipboy and one less fingerless glove.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
At the risk of exposing myself as a creepy weirdo, I took the animated prostitution mod for a spin. Just to add icing to the creeper cake, I tested all the functions with No-Bark Noonan.

I submit that the true Fallout experience will not be yours until you too have experienced No-bark railing you in the rear end and saying "Be careful, there's spies out there!" over and over.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Demerzel posted:

What I really need is a tommy-gun mod. The one I tried from the nexus holsters weird.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Umph posted:

What I really need is a tommy-gun mod. The one I tried from the nexus holsters weird.

Which one was that? I bet you could just rip the one out of the 19th-20th century injection mod.

myname_isdoug posted:

:mad:

Oh. It took me a second to realize what your emoticon was trying to emote.

Apparently "all intensive purposes" is "all intents and purposes." Well I have learned something today.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Anal Surgery posted:

At the risk of exposing myself as a creepy weirdo, I took the animated prostitution mod for a spin. Just to add icing to the creeper cake, I tested all the functions with No-Bark Noonan.

I submit that the true Fallout experience will not be yours until you too have experienced No-bark railing you in the rear end and saying "Be careful, there's spies out there!" over and over.

I'm cringing only reading this.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

That's odd, because you should really be cringing at this:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Umph posted:

I ported one a long rear end time ago, but drat me if I can remember how it holsters. It is, however, not in my pack. I figured the one in 19th/20th injection is probably done better than my early port back when the game first came out.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Naky posted:

I ported one a long rear end time ago, but drat me if I can remember how it holsters. It is, however, not in my pack. I figured the one in 19th/20th injection is probably done better than my early port back when the game first came out.

I will check it out, though I just grabbed a ton of armor mods so the mobster phase maybe over before it started. Oh and is your pack released?

Umph fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Jan 29, 2011

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

How often are the crashes? When do they usually occur (i.e, when starting up the game, loading saves, changing cells)? Also, URWLNV and Western Sky are not compatible.

They are in-game generally during or right after combat. I didn't know about the mod conflict, i'll try that first.

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe
Had a question for those who use Arenovalis Re-textures, which are awesome by the way.
After integrating the folders, has anyone's fonts become larger to the point of causing reading issues? As much as I'm learning about mods I'm betting I have to find a specific setting in the .ini or elsewhere to correct for this.

I have done nothing else this morning than add those texture, everything was fine before hand.

Examples (my first ever pictures on the forums, this game is forcing me to learn again dammit.)

Click here for the full 1920x1200 image.

And

I'm going through the OP again and other items but again I throw myself on the mercy of the more experienced.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
NEW GRAPHICS MOD FROM THE ELECROCITY GUYS
CINEMATECH - Film Grains and Styles

RagnarokAngel posted:

Be glad he didn't tell you about the lesbian stuff :v:

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Smuggins posted:

Had a question for those who use Arenovalis Re-textures, which are awesome by the way.
After integrating the folders, has anyone's fonts become larger to the point of causing reading issues? As much as I'm learning about mods I'm betting I have to find a specific setting in the .ini or elsewhere to correct for this.

I have done nothing else this morning than add those texture, everything was fine before hand.

Examples (my first ever pictures on the forums, this game is forcing me to learn again dammit.)

And

I'm going through the OP again and other items but again I throw myself on the mercy of the more experienced.

Seems like your ini settings have reseted, not using the DarnUI's fonts. My textures only affect the weapons anyways :P

Smuggins
Mar 14, 2008

Blasphemy! Blasphoryou! Blasphoreveryone!
Fun Shoe

Arenovalis posted:

Seems like your ini settings have reseted, not using the DarnUI's fonts. My textures only affect the weapons anyways :P

That's why I thought it really wasn't connected. I actually gave up DarnUI because of a conflict..I have never had font size like this before. I'll start looking at the ini file then, I looked for a tweak guide earlier and they seem to gloss over game font sizes while going into painful detail about everything else. Ugh

Wicked lovely weapons by the way!

EDIT: Yea apparently DarnUI refuses to leave, I removed the mod and restored the ini but that stupid UI pipboy head on load-up is still there telling me I missed something. To the hunt!

Smuggins fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 29, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Umph posted:

I will check it out, though I just grabbed a ton of armor mods so the mobster phase maybe over before it started. Oh and is your pack released?

No, though I'd like to get the first release to the testers today.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

The guy who made DarN should have uninstall instructions on the download page, I'd check there first and foremost.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The guy who did the Marcus companion mod is doing a Benny one. Pretty sweet.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Wow. Just did a final count of the weapons: 98 projectile/energy (not including modded variants), 41 melee. I feel like I should remove one melee and add two more projectile weapons just to round it out. The hardest work is all done now, just to do the final balance tweaks to the remaining guns left in GECK, place my testing containers in the world and start putting together the first testing package. Which will be huge, even if I am using a LOT of stock resources.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Gyshall posted:

The guy who did the Marcus companion mod is doing a Benny one. Pretty sweet.

Ring-a-ding-ding baby!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Demerzel posted:

Well you can get the Pimp-Boy 3 Billion from Freeside and that would do it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just reinstalled New Vegas and I installed Nevada Skies - URWLfied as my first mod on to it. There seems to be a bug where the texture for the sky changes depending on how far up and down you look, behind the clouds. Anyone see this before, or know how to fix it? The only other mod I have installed is Tailor Made and one removing the faction flag from the ranger combat armor.

e: Reloading fixes it, but it creeps back in on occasion.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 29, 2011

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Do you have archiveinvalidation installed correctly? It sounds like you're seeing the default sky on reload and any time it cycles to one of the NS skies you're getting texture problems. Is there also any chances you forgot to install the sky pack from the URWL - Nevada Skies page? That is a requirement.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SheepNameKiller posted:

Do you have archiveinvalidation installed correctly? It sounds like you're seeing the default sky on reload and any time it cycles to one of the NS skies you're getting texture problems. Is there also any chances you forgot to install the sky pack from the URWL - Nevada Skies page? That is a requirement.

The sky pack was the first thing I thought was wrong, so I got that. Maybe FOMM isn't doing the archiveinvalidation? Does it have it on or off by default?

e: It has archiveinvalidation checked in the menu, but I forget what that means.

Oh wait, I'm an idiot and didn't install the original Nevada Skies mod, which it says it needs.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 29, 2011

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I was loving IWS until I found this. I think I'll come back when I'm not level 3.

Click here for the full 1600x900 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

FadedReality posted:

I was loving IWS until I found this. I think I'll come back when I'm not level 3.

Click here for the full 1600x900 image.

That's in the stock game.