Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I was looking at the SFN site and I saw this:

quote:

I just got off the phone w/ Johnny Fratto who just had a call from Eric the Actor & his upset parents. We've made his mom cry. That's why i'm pulling the plug on this whole dead midget gag. We've all had fun but it's time to stop. honestly, it was getting beat into the ground around here & elsewhere people were busy contacting him directly. it's ran it's course & i'm asking you all to move on to something new.

I don't want to see any more dead midget photoshops or threads. you've done plenty & they were tons of fun but it's not funny anymore. He's taking it to heart & considering he's already lived past a sick midget's life expectancy, pics of their son in a coffin is not what the parents need to be greeted with. i don't know how it got to them but my assumption is some people went too far w/ the joke & were contacting him & his friends.

so to recap
- Eric the Actor is alive. he's not dead & he's never died at all.
- I do not want any more dead midget fun going on here.
- I'm also asking you to drop it outside of SFN. I know i have no right to tell you what to do on facebook or myspace but please follow my lead & lets drop this one.

thanks

PS: If you know someone who has a memorial site, obituary, edited wikipedia, etc IMHO the joke has gone far enough.

PPS: If he can't drop the dead midget stuff, I will understand if you guys can't drop it and I promise, if he gets all gloaty acting like he put us in our place, i'll put everything back & tell u all to carry on.

We made the mom cry :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Manwithastick posted:

I was looking at the SFN site and I saw this:

We made the mom cry :(

"Oh God, why, Eric? Why did you have to come out of the lakehouse??"

"B-ut mo-M--"

"But nothing! And nude pics? WHORES?? You're extorting money from a radio show, you rear end!!"

"--I c-an e-xpl-a-in--"

Yeah, it was the dead midget stuff. Sure.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This is kind of hosed up but for some reason the term "dead midget" is so, so funny to me in these discussions.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I want to see Tarantino yelling at Sam Jackson about dead midget storage.

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

Manwithastick posted:

My favourite was Richard Christy as Hitler giving Gary a spray to turns jews normal (if I remember rightly)

Part of the bit was that Hitler sprayed some on Jason who then proved he was no longer Jewish by taking change out of his pocket and throwing it on the floor, but then HowardTV caught him going back into the studio during the break to make sure he got every coin back.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Chimneyfish posted:

Part of the bit was that Hitler sprayed some on Jason who then proved he was no longer Jewish by taking change out of his pocket and throwing it on the floor, but then HowardTV caught him going back into the studio during the break to make sure he got every coin back.

Oh my god, I need a link to that now or I'll die.

dawunderboy
Aug 9, 2009

scapulataf posted:

Oh my god, I need a link to that now or I'll die.

Second, it was amazing (I only remember of bit of it from the first time I listened). I'm a (relatively) new listener to the Stern show (started a few months into the Sirius years) and it's amazing how the show went from such energy to the amazing height of apathy it is now in like 5 short years.

edit: At least Beetlejuice is coming back somewhat soon!

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
Also, HowardTV pretty much blew their yearly budget making the fake rocketship for Gary to get into.

Howard: "How did you guys make that ship?"
Doug: "Well we have real great fabricator we work with..."
Artie: "...and they were busy?"

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yea, that Eric thread on SFN is great.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Just needed a reference to his Club loving Foot!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Look closer.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
So Howard will be on Letterman this Thursday, and I give it until 7AM tomorrow morning that he'll start bitching about it.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
6:05. That's what time this morning he started bitching about it.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Old people discussing the internet at 7:48. It's painful to listen to.

Robin: I'm beginning to get it. IT'S CALLED THE WORLD WIDE WEB! It's an interconnected network of computers!

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Does anyone really believe that Howard was laughing all the way through the trailer of Big Momma 3 and can't wait to see the movie?

TheLakers
Dec 1, 2007

Please ask me about my mutilated genitals, and belief in faith healing.
Howard's sounding nervous as gently caress talking about Charlie Sheen's drug problems interfering with his work.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

burmart posted:

Robin: I'm beginning to get it. IT'S CALLED THE WORLD WIDE WEB! It's an interconnected network of computers!

The movie "Terminator" isn't too far off! I see that now because we have smart phones!

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Ugh, it seems like 50% of the show today, and lately, has been Howard whining about his troubles with technology. (cable, world wide web, android phones)

This poo poo needs relegated to Geek Time or some Technobeaver show on 101. It's like talking to my parents about computers... it just stinks.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Chinook posted:

Ugh, it seems like 50% of the show today, and lately, has been Howard whining about his troubles with technology. (cable, world wide web, android phones)

This poo poo needs relegated to Geek Time or some Technobeaver show on 101. It's like talking to my parents about computers... it just stinks.

Last year he probably spent a week discussing the Blackberry Bold.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
I hate how they still use Pamela Anderson as the idea of a hot chick.

I didn't think that Pamela Anderson was all that hot when she was "Hot." Now she's older and has Hep-C.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

burmart posted:

I didn't think that Pamela Anderson was all that hot when she was "Hot." Now she's older and has Hep-C.

She was hot as poo poo around the time when she was contracting Hep-C.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

burmart posted:

Pamela Anderson was the hottest woman in Hollywood in the mid-nineties, although it is odd how Howard still puts her on that pedestal.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

burmart posted:

heavy liquid posted:

Does anyone really believe that Howard was laughing all the way through the trailer of Big Momma 3 and can't wait to see the movie?

TheLakers posted:

Howard's sounding nervous as gently caress talking about Charlie Sheen's drug problems interfering with his work.

Just wow.

Somewhere in an alternate reality, Howard Stern is taking time after the show to write a Twitter, check his Facebook, and take his iPhone off the charger so he can film his way out of the studio. Once he gets past his fans, he updates his YouTube account and then goes home to do a special 'Live From Trump Tower' special where he just talks about himself and takes callers unfiltered while talking about his passions in life. This year? He's bunching his holidays together so he can tour the whole of South America.

That must be a fun dimension.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

FogHelmut posted:

She was hot as poo poo around the time when she was contracting Hep-C.

Wasn't she with Kid Rock when it was announced she was infected? If so, she was past her prime. I think she peaked when the Tommy Lee sex tape was released.

I don't get why Howard is all over her either. Has she even been on the show since the move? The last thing I can remember about her was Artie going to the hotel room were they were having a party and that was when they were still at K-ROCK.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

burmart posted:

I agree with you. Pam Anderson never did anything for me, even during her "peak" in the 90s. I hate that Barbie doll look though.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

TheLakers posted:

I thought that was pretty interesting. During the news Robin brought up the subject of how CBS was handling the Charlie Sheen situation. Basically they ignored his problems and Robin asked if they should have done something. Howard instantly made the connection that this was the same type of situation as he went through with Artie and took the viewpoint that CBS was right to ignore it and couldn't do anything to help; basically clearing himself of any responsibility with Artie. I give Robin credit though, she stuck to the topic and kind of put Howard on the spot and got him to backtrack and say that yes maybe it was CBS's responsibility to do something. He sounded very very uncomfortable, think he feels guilty about what went down with Artie?

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

-Atom- posted:

Pamela Anderson was the hottest woman in Hollywood in the mid-nineties, although it is odd how Howard still puts her on that pedestal.

Yeah, the plastic barbie doll look has never done it for me, so I never got the Pam Anderson love.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

ultraviolence123 posted:

I agree with you. Pam Anderson never did anything for me, even during her "peak" in the 90s. I hate that Barbie doll look though.

Her 1st Playboy spread was really good but that was before all her "upgrades".

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pameler.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Where is the Internet? WHERE IS IT???

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Smeep posted:

And who gave it to the Europeans? Did one of them come over here and steal our internet and take it back over there???

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Smeep posted:

This is funnier if you read it in Ben Stern's voice.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I know I'm behind here (I'm still listening to last week), but seriously, enough with the loving phone talk. I can't stand it when people obsess over their loving phones in real life, why would I want to hear about it on the radio?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Brocktoon posted:

I know I'm behind here (I'm still listening to last week), but seriously, enough with the loving phone talk. I can't stand it when people obsess over their loving phones in real life, why would I want to hear about it on the radio?

I'm with you. I sit next to a guy at my office that checks his droid constantly and will always tell me the latest poo poo it can do. Who gives a poo poo, who gives a gently caress.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

heavy liquid posted:

Howard loves minstrel shows. He puts them on all the time with his shuck and jive voices for the radio. But you know, he's totally not racist, his mom loved black people.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Vakal posted:

And who gave it to the Europeans? Did one of them come over here and steal our internet and take it back over there???

Pretty much. That conversation drove me up a wall... I don't know which part was worse, Howard's total lack of comprehension, or John Hine's inability to communicate anything about it.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Benji actually started to explain it fairly well, but Howard just cut him off to talk to John Hein.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
People of Earth.

How are you?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Squashy Nipples posted:

Pretty much. That conversation drove me up a wall... I don't know which part was worse, Howard's total lack of comprehension, or John Hine's inability to communicate anything about it.

I hate John Hine so much. He is an expert on nothing, he's got an annoying loving voice, and I have no idea why he needs to be on every loving show on the channel.

ETA: And his feelings on fast food are MORONIC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Ashley Madison commercials make me want to throw up.