Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Joe Don Baker posted:

Which makes no sense since even inorganic objects 'have' the force in them.

Well, Yoda does say "life creates it" and then he goes on to name some non-living things.

I'm sure there's some parsec-esque explanation that will tie it all up in a nice bow for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

arioch posted:

Judge Yoda by his size, do you?

I was going to post this long response saying that didn't make sense, but then you went and posted this which explains it better than I could in a fraction of the words. So, thank you for this. It's perfect.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Day Job Orchestra did a Star Wars Thing! I like Day Job Orchestra, and I like Star Wars, sooo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7X6Orlc73g

This fucks with my head on so many levels, yet I love it so much.

Donkey Kunt
Mar 19, 2006

I'm a cat.
Is the Emperor even strong? Or did he kill everyone so he was the strongest by default.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I don't think Vader is weaker in the force simply because he lost a limb or two. He is weaker because his whole loving body has deteriorated to the point where he can barely even be classified a human being.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Well, Yoda does say "life creates it" and then he goes on to name some non-living things.

I'm sure there's some parsec-esque explanation that will tie it all up in a nice bow for us.

Yoda posted:

Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.

So life creates the Force, but it binds non-living things in its field.

Also, wasn't there some retarded story about how the droid who blew a gasket in front of Owen Lars was Force-sensitive?

edit: Found it. Skippy the Jedi Droid

Sax Offender fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jan 31, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Derek Dominoe posted:

Also, wasn't there some retarded story about how the droid who blew a gasket in front of Owen Lars was Force-sensitive?

God I hope so.

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson

Derek Dominoe posted:

Not what you're looking for, but you reminded me of that one kid whose special affinity with the Force was him being able to control droids or something. He was in that Eye of Palpatine story. Something very special happened to him later on that I think everyone in this thread is familiar with.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Ninja_Orca posted:

Not what you're looking for, but you reminded me of that one kid whose special affinity with the Force was him being able to control droids or something. He was in that Eye of Palpatine story. Something very special happened to him later on that I think everyone in this thread is familiar with.

He carried he Death Star plans?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Tensokuu posted:

He carried he Death Star plans?

He was one of the founders of the rebellion.

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

He was one of the founders of the rebellion.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

He also was pivotal during the battle of Yavin and had a lightsaber duel with Yoda

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson
And was raised by the Gungans and was trained by a Kaminoan Jedi.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ninja_Orca posted:

Please tell me there's an official canon name for whatever style of fighting this dude uses.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Fox of Stone posted:

Please tell me there's an official canon name for whatever style of fighting this dude uses.

I don't know, but I'm sure it'll translate to something along the lines of "Trying-not-to-slice-one's-balls-off technique"

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
He was also an ace pilot in Rogue squadron.

E: Screw re-writing the PT, let's make a goon EU pentalogy with the most insane poo poo possible: a guy whose fingers & toes are all lightsabers; more force sensitive droids; enemies more powerful than the Yuuzhan Vong; Chewie reappears in force-ghost form; Luke travels back in time to fight Malak but ends up in an alternate universe that turns out to be 13th century Spiain.

its all nice on rice fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 31, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Anyone remember that one book where he smashed those two Super-Death Stars together? poo poo was tight.

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Anyone remember that one book where he smashed those two Super-Death Stars together? poo poo was tight.

gently caress that. The one where he tore the Sun Crusher out of the black hole was even better.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
And not to detract from the current cut of the jib, but I thought I heard somewhere that the EU explanation for midichlorians were that they were an insane fringe belief that pretty much only Qui-Gon and his apprentice subscribed to? I'm not making this up from whole cloth, am I?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

ZeeToo posted:

And not to detract from the current cut of the jib, but I thought I heard somewhere that the EU explanation for midichlorians were that they were an insane fringe belief that pretty much only Qui-Gon and his apprentice subscribed to? I'm not making this up from whole cloth, am I?

If that were the case, it'd make sense that Anakin believed in them, but Palps talks about them in ROTS.

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

Pope Mobile posted:

If that were the case, it'd make sense that Anakin believed in them, but Palps talks about them in ROTS.

To Anakin. Palpy could've just been bullshitting to fool him into serving him.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My friend and I had a little in-joke about that. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon subscribe to this crazy made up drunken notion that Anakin blindly follows, Palpatine takes advantage of it and starts talking about "midichlorians" doing all sorts of badass poo poo. Then Anakin confronts the council about not being a master.

"What are you talking about?! I have more midichlorians than all of you!"

And then the council laughs their asses off as Anakin stands there dumbfounded, with that little pissed off face on his... face.

You know the one.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Ninja_Orca posted:

I'm probably being dense but I have no idea to whom you're referring.

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson

Sombrerotron posted:

I'm probably being dense but I have no idea to whom you're referring.

The covered in lightsabers man whose picture I posted a little ways up. Seriously.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
A reminder that originally Irek Ismaren was supposed to be (another one of) Emperor Palpatine's love-child.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

arioch posted:

A reminder that originally Irek Ismaren was supposed to be (another one of) Emperor Palpatine's love-child.

Palpatine is a slut. Seriously, he has Mara Jade and I bet the other Emperors hands were all busty chicks too.

A dark sided pot smoking crazy assed horny son of a blaster.

Donkey Kunt
Mar 19, 2006

I'm a cat.

arioch posted:

Who were the other love babies?

GodlessCommie
Apr 4, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That DICK! posted:

My friend and I had a little in-joke about that. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon subscribe to this crazy made up drunken notion that Anakin blindly follows, Palpatine takes advantage of it and starts talking about "midichlorians" doing all sorts of badass poo poo. Then Anakin confronts the council about not being a master.

"What are you talking about?! I have more midichlorians than all of you!"

And then the council laughs their asses off as Anakin stands there dumbfounded, with that little pissed off face on his... face.

You know the one.

This sounds like an episode of Always Sunny.

Perhaps Lucas can make the live action show It's Always Sunny on Coruscant.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Ninja_Orca posted:

The covered in lightsabers man whose picture I posted a little ways up. Seriously.
Good golly Miss Molly you just need to read Wookieepedia pages like these to realise that, however much guff Lucas might deservedly get, nothing he's done with Star Wars is even close to being as staggeringly stupid, nonsensical and infantile as the things EU writers get up to.

quote:

(...) Roganda had more alterations done to her son, including upgrading the memory chip in his brain, forcing his body to grow well past maturity so he reached a height of three meters, and having lightsabers implanted in his knees, wrists, and elbows.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Has there been any news on the Seth Green/Lucas collaboration Star Wars sitcom?

yes you read that right.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

GodlessCommie posted:

This sounds like an episode of Always Sunny.

Perhaps Lucas can make the live action show It's Always Sunny on Coruscant.

Anakin Skywalker: We got Punk'd, Padme! That's right, we got Punk'd! These Tusken Raiders these days, I'll tell you what, they are nothing like when I lived on Tatooine. They have no respect for anybody! Okay, they're like stupid, little goddamn savages!

Padme: They're bitches!

Anakin: I mean, I came in there, right, and I was polite, and i was nice to them and I was cordial. And they completely goddamn disrespected me! They killed my mom! Goddamn idiots! IDIOTS! I was completely respectful, They're supposed to be my brthers, right? They're my brothers? No, no, that's not fun. What they were doing wasn't fun, they kept zapping us and zapping us so I killed them all little goddamn savages IDIOTS! IDIOTS!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

That's ridiculous, and I refuse to accept as canon that because you lose an arm you're weaker in the Force. So I'm not going to count it. (P-canon is the way to go.)
I'm sure we can attribute this to some theforce.net retard in the mid 90's, it reeks of spergy arguments.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Has there been any news on the Seth Green/Lucas collaboration Star Wars sitcom?

Of course not, you silly man :).

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.

Ninja_Orca posted:

You know, without the loving knee sabers, this would actually be kind of interesting. But seriously, who's creating a character and says "You know what he needs? Fuckin' lightsaber knees."

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

thrawn527 posted:

I was going to post this long response saying that didn't make sense, but then you went and posted this which explains it better than I could in a fraction of the words. So, thank you for this. It's perfect.

I didn't say it made sense it's totally retarded. Just saying I think that's where I think people got it. He's "less organic" so he MUST be "less force sensitive".

deathsuxdontdie
Apr 12, 2004

Excellent Patient Care

That DICK! posted:

Anakin Skywalker: We got Punk'd, Padme! That's right, we got Punk'd! These Tusken Raiders these days, I'll tell you what, they are nothing like when I lived on Tatooine. They have no respect for anybody! Okay, they're like stupid, little goddamn savages!

Padme: They're bitches!

Anakin: I mean, I came in there, right, and I was polite, and i was nice to them and I was cordial. And they completely goddamn disrespected me! They killed my mom! Goddamn idiots! IDIOTS! I was completely respectful, They're supposed to be my brthers, right? They're my brothers? No, no, that's not fun. What they were doing wasn't fun, they kept zapping us and zapping us so I killed them all little goddamn savages IDIOTS! IDIOTS!

Jar Jar: BECAUSE MEESA CUT THE BREAKS! WILDCARD BITCHES! YEEEEEEEHAW!!!!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I am glad I continue to lurk this thread because that Skippy the Jedi droid link reminded me of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and I really need to watch some of that again.

At least one bullshit thing about Star Wars has proven to be useful.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

A Dapper Man posted:

You know, without the loving knee sabers, this would actually be kind of interesting. But seriously, who's creating a character and says "You know what he needs? Fuckin' lightsaber knees."

This was actually all Aaron Allston.

Mister_Eel
Jun 29, 2007

Ninja_Orca posted:

This guys back story and what he did in the book is even more retarded then the picture. I remember reading it and how vague everything was when the author was writing his parts. I think I read the first couple of paragraphs and then skipped the rest of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Pope Mobile posted:

Screw re-writing the PT, let's make a goon EU pentalogy with the most insane poo poo possible: a guy whose fingers & toes are all lightsabers; more force sensitive droids; enemies more powerful than the Yuuzhan Vong; Chewie reappears in force-ghost form; Luke travels back in time to fight Malak but ends up in an alternate universe that turns out to be 13th century Spiain.

A Death Star that is 100 times the diameter of the original one and can transform into a giant, lightsaber-wielding robot Gungan.

One of the novels revolves around the Big Three trying to help a Force-sensitive bantha who is allergic to midichlorians.

Luke gets cancer and has to battle the tumor with his Jedi powers. The tumor fights back with its own Jedi powers.