Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I can't believe how awesome this comic is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!

illie posted:

I'm glad someone liked 'em. :)

Here's a few more:

This seemed like a good time for me to change my avatar, and there are few choices that would be better than someone like Coyote.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

I would have gone for one of the Coyote ones, but I just got my avatar/custom title a couple months ago.

Your avatar is one of my current favourites on the forum. Gets a grin out of me every time. :allears:

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
A few more.

lllllllllllllllllll fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 27, 2011

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Can I have this? For text Maybe "And thank you... laser cow"

[edit]or maybe "Resizing in progress"

Laser Cow fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 27, 2011

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

"Yay, cows!"

Mickey Eye posted:

Can I have this? For text Maybe "And thank you... laser cow"

[edit]or maybe "Resizing in progress"

Sure, they're all up for grabs.

Subtly animated version:

Non-animated JPG for filesize (PNG was too big):

\/ I'll take a look. Thanks!

lllllllllllllllllll fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jan 27, 2011

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Sure, they're all up for grabs.

Subtly animated version:

Non-animated JPG for filesize (PNG was too big):

Just fyi, try running http://pmt.sourceforge.net/pngcrush/ PNGCRUSH with -brute against any PNGs you make that are too big. It can usually reduce sizes rather well with no damage to the actual image's appearance.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Love's made a fool out of Bear.

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

I would have gone for one of the Coyote ones, but I just got my avatar/custom title a couple months ago.

...plus your avatar literally cannot be improved upon

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
In a moment of weakness I changed my username too.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
More words of wisdom from Ysen-wan Kenobi. Do you think the next panel will be a splash page, or the next treatise?

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
Personally i'm hoping that Ysen-Kenobi goes off and defends the poo poo out of some forest now that he's on a roll.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Er, for some reason, this is all I could think of:

Smile, darn ya, smiiillle
You know this old world is a great world after alllll

Edit: Knowing Annie, she'd have about the same look on her face as 'ol Eddie Valiant too.

Madrox fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 28, 2011

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Maybe this is when the split happens and we go straight to Kat's summer adventure. As I've been saying, this would make for plenty of "...while in the forest I..." type of stories later on.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
It looks like Madrox may have been right.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Have a good time in the forest, there's going to be a lot of people pissed at you when you come back...

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Interesting new twist on the art style. I wonder if it will last.

illie
Jan 13, 2011

Dang, this page is gorgeous. I've been reading this comic since I was like 16, so it's pretty cool that I've been able to watch the art evolve like this.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
How I loathe those end-of-chapter marks.

Taunting me. Mocking me.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Welp, so much for this week...

Wednesday is bonus day. Friday is cover art day.

Not complaining, just... Anticipating.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
What do people think the bonus will be?

(I'm betting either something about Jack or a little expository thing about fire elemental boinking, but I have an abysmal track record guessing what the bonus pages will be.)

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say Jones.

Does anyone know how the least-drivelike donation drive ever is going?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Reynardine in a small dark room, weepingwishing he could still weep.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Pester posted:

Does anyone know how the least-drivelike donation drive ever is going?

Maybe Tom should do like Evan Dahm does for Tales of Overside: have bonus stories ready to go, but not release them until he's received a certain amount in donations. "A bonus chapter is already written, drawn, and uploaded. I just need $400 before I can launch it." Given how rabid some Gunnerkrigg fans are, I imagine it would be easy to gather the funds.

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010
I love the fact that working on his hobby, Tom manages to produce several magnitudes more content than the Dresden Codak guy did after he quit his job to work on it full time. I know which one is getting my money.

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.
This is probably the last chapter of the third book, no? The first book finished with the end of the first school year, so it would make sense for the third to coincide with the end of another. Plus if it ends now it'd be around the same number of pages as the first two.

And I kind of hope that the next chapter starts with the beginning of the new semester rather than detailing Annie's summer. I know I'm in a really tiny minority but I don't really care for Coyote's character, and I'd rather see whatever effect he has on Annie come to fruition upon her return to the Court, rather than see him do anything directly. But obviously I wouldn't be disappointed either way. I just really want another book for my collection.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Dodgeball posted:

Welp, so much for this week...

Wednesday is bonus day. Friday is cover art day.

Not complaining, just... Anticipating.

Forgive me for shattering your dreams, but aren't we due for another two-week break now? I thought Tom said something about that being the next step after this chapter.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

This will be a good week for us all to work on some fanart, then!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I wonder if Tom has other ways of donating to him, I have had problems with Paypal before... are the Topaco t-shirts a good option?

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

I'm guessing the bonus page is going to show Kat, on holiday, fuming.

"Oh no! The maddest holiday!"

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Talas posted:

I wonder if Tom has other ways of donating to him, I have had problems with Paypal before... are the Topaco t-shirts a good option?

He seems to get some amount of money from the Topatico stuff. At least, more than he does from the books, apparently.

Thanks for reminding me, by the way; my wife just graciously lent me the use of her paypal account to send a donation. Hoping Tom gets enough money from this to jumpstart his plans for the next year, whatever they may be.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Nope, it's a treatise. Mm, symbolism. I like how Annie's still tied to Kat, though Jeanne is separating them. Also, it does seem pretty implied that Ysengrin's ear loss is somehow magic-related.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

So, chapter page designed to make as many people wildly speculate as possible. The vines on Annie's arms are the Forest's attempts to bring her over to their side, and Annie's hair wrapped around Kat's arm is symbolic of the ties they have, that would lead to Kat going after Annie. They are holding gifts that the forest and court are offering to each other, which means the Court created the spiders in Zimmy's Birmingham. Aside from that, I've got nothing.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Another one where Kat's quite clearly on the side of the Court and Annie's on the side of the forest.. That's been a theme with all but the first treatise.

Don't argue, girls! :ohdear:

Here's all the others, if anyone wants to see but doesn't want to dig about.
First
Second
Third

Kojiro fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 2, 2011

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

So, chapter page designed to make as many people wildly speculate as possible. The vines on Annie's arms are the Forest's attempts to bring her over to their side, and Annie's hair wrapped around Kat's arm is symbolic of the ties they have, that would lead to Kat going after Annie. They are holding gifts that the forest and court are offering to each other, which means the Court created the spiders in Zimmy's Birmingham. Aside from that, I've got nothing.

A lot of it probably indicates future events, too- past treatises were full of hints and allusions to the following chapters.

Just for reference:

First Treatise: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=121
Second Treatise: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=295
Third Treatise: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=560
Fourth Treatise: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=834

Note that in each one, Kat is a little more associated with the Court, and Annie's more associated with the forest, and the separation between Court and Forest is stronger.

EDIT: Kooooomiiiiiyaaaaaan :argh:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Fourth treatise is so amazingly beautiful. I'm super excited to see whats gona happen in the next couple of chapters.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I'm not sure they're holding gifts. Kat's pigeons could represent her desire for change and humane/ethical behaviour in the court, after this chapter. I'm not sure what Annie's spider would be in that case, possibly something we haven't encountered yet.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Spiders and spiders and spiders everywhere.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Well poo poo I'm dumb.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
It took me a minute to realize the Court's arrow is over-laying Jeanne's sword. Also, the way Ysengrin is melded with the trees. Man, this is a beautiful page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I really like how the forest is encroaching onto Antimony and how Antimony's hair is encroaching in the same way onto Kat.