Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Dickeye posted:

Lucky bastard, I have to wait till tomorrow.

e: They're playing Hello Rockview tonight. You son of a bitch

I saw them last night here in NJ. They kicked rear end. A few years ago I saw them do Losing Streak front to back. That was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm trying to hate the guy seeing them tonight to death right now.

Not that it's a HUGE deal, because Scott Farcas is on every setlist of the tour so far, and Al's War is on about half of them, so I'm good, but I'd still love to see them Hello Rockview.

Forearm
Nov 14, 2005
Where can I get the Hello Rockview CD/DVD? I couldn't find it online anywhere.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

WaffleZombie posted:

That was a great show, thanks for the videos. They played Getchoo during the encore, and me and one other guy were really excited. That made me sad. They also opened with Even Winning Feels Bad, which is still my favorite song, and they always play it when I see them. But it was great to see such a huge turnout. The last time I saw them at the fire over a year ago, there were maybe only 20 people. And based on a hazy memory of that show, were you at the Menzingers show last Sunday?

I got my tickets earlier this week. There's only one show I didn't buy a ticket to (June 18th, Bottom of the Hill). Trying to choose between bands is going to kill me. And the possibility of another couple bands TBA? Holy poo poo.

Yeah, I was there. Did we meet? I go by "sneve" sometimes.

Also, that date was tough but I went with BotH actually. The 16th BotH TBA is a really awesome surprise.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I still have my little mini-poster from the first Ska is Dead on my wall. Catch 22, Mustard Plug, Big D, and the Planet Smashers. Best first real ska show ever!

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I still have my little mini-poster from the first Ska is Dead on my wall. Catch 22, Mustard Plug, Big D, and the Planet Smashers. Best first real ska show ever!

The Philly date of this show was epic... that lineup was joined by The Suicide Machines, Against All Authority, and The Code. I think The Suicide Machines became my favorite band for the thousandth time that night.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
and of course the site isn't updated.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Forearm posted:

Where can I get the Hello Rockview CD/DVD? I couldn't find it online anywhere.

Doesn't come out till March 1, same as Losing Streak. People who ordered tickets got them early, with a signed tour poster.

Last night I grabbed Pezcore and GNV FLA for five bucks. Sweet.

Oh yeah and it was an awesome show. So awesome that I can't hear out of my left ear.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Saint Jimmy posted:

I saw them last night here in NJ. They kicked rear end. A few years ago I saw them do Losing Streak front to back. That was pretty great.

Was that the show with the Loved Ones and Catch-22? That was a great show. When it dawned on my friend and I what they were doing, we lost our poo poo.

hedgecore posted:

Yeah, I was there. Did we meet? I go by "sneve" sometimes.

Also, that date was tough but I went with BotH actually. The 16th BotH TBA is a really awesome surprise.

No, we didn't meet. I think you walked by me at some point, and after you were well past me, I realized it might be you. I'll try to say high the next time I see you.

I'm probably most excited for the June 15th show. I'm just trying to figure out who the TBA bands are. I figure most of the active, US-based bands are already booked for the show. The only others I can think of: Vic Ruggiero, Chris Murray, Big D, Lemuria, the Smoking Popes, and LTJ (who probably aren't playing anyway).

hedgecore posted:

The Philly date of this show was epic... that lineup was joined by The Suicide Machines, Against All Authority, and The Code. I think The Suicide Machines became my favorite band for the thousandth time that night.

I missed that show because I was away at school. I got a great screen printed poster for it from the punk rock flea market, and it taunts me all the time. Only Ska Is Dead tour I've missed.

Dickeye posted:

Doesn't come out till March 1, same as Losing Streak. People who ordered tickets got them early, with a signed tour poster.

Last night I grabbed Pezcore and GNV FLA for five bucks. Sweet.

Oh yeah and it was an awesome show. So awesome that I can't hear out of my left ear.

As awesome as hearing Hello Rockview in it's entirety (for a second time)? ;) They said it was only the 4th time they've played Danny Says live, and I think the show in Florida, they said it was the first time they played it live. Can you confirm that on the DVD?

And the skaisdead site is updated. Tour dates:

Weds. April 13 – Indianpolis, IN – The Hoosier Dome
Thurs. April 14 – Cincinnati, OH - TBA
Fri. April 15 – Nashville, TN – The Muse
Sat. April 16 – New Orleans, LA – Block Party 2011
Sun. April 17 – Atlanta, GA – The Masquerade
Mon. April 18 – Columbia, SC – New Brooklyn Tavern
Tues. April 19 Virginia Beach, VA – Jewish Mother
Wed. April 20 – Richmond, VA – The Canal Club
Thurs. April 21 Philadelphia, PA – The Ox
Fri. April 22 – Garden City, NY – Ethical Humanist Center
Sat. April 23 (1pm) – Boston, MA – Middle East
Sat. April 23 (6pm) – Hamden, CT – The Space
Tues. April 26 – Bethpage, NY – Mr. Beery’s
Weds. April 27 – Asbury Park, NJ – Asbury Lanes
Thurs. April 28 – Syracuse, NY – Funk N’ Waffles
Fri. April 29 – Cleveland, OH – TBA
Sat. April 30 – Lansing, MI – Mac’s Bar
Sun. May 1 – Chicago, IL – TBA

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I can confirm that. They go on to say that in the eight years between the album coming out and that show, they had never had a single person request it, and that it was therefore the worst song on the album.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Boston at 1 and then CT at 6? That blows. They're gonna be rushing through everything so they can make it to :rolleyes: CT

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh hey I totes didn't realize that that show in April in Syracuse was Skaisdead. The Forthrights are playing that night, and you totally didn't hear this from me but there's rumors of a Fad reunion.

e: Totally didn't look at that poster. Derp.

Still, here's hoping we can get them to do one more day together, for the Cuse

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Boston at 1 and then CT at 6? That blows. They're gonna be rushing through everything so they can make it to :rolleyes: CT

Yeah that sucks so bad

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
I play trombone (badly) in a Mexican ska band and we're playing the Masquerade SID Younguns show. I hope nobody I know is there.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

WaffleZombie posted:

Tues. April 26 – Bethpage, NY – Mr. Beery’s

loving assholes

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

WaffleZombie posted:

And the skaisdead site is updated. Tour dates:

Weds. April 13 – Indianpolis, IN – The Hoosier Dome

I wonder where in the gently caress this show will be at becuase there hasn't been a hoosier dome for a while, and I have serious doubts this tour would be at Lucas Oil..

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Backno posted:

I wonder where in the gently caress this show will be at becuase there hasn't been a hoosier dome for a while, and I have serious doubts this tour would be at Lucas Oil..

It's probably a small DIY venue named the Hoosier Dome. In New York, there's one of those called Shea Stadium.

EDIT:
http://www.piradicalproductions.com/hoosierdome/

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

interpunct posted:

It's probably a small DIY venue named the Hoosier Dome. In New York, there's one of those called Shea Stadium.

EDIT:
http://www.piradicalproductions.com/hoosierdome/

Thank you, my google-fu was weak and brought up nothing but stuff about the RCA dome.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
http://fuckthewinteriamhibernating.tumblr.com/post/3055466215/download-donate

New BTMI! track. Mellow! Bitter Sweet! Dynamic!

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

WaffleZombie posted:

Was that the show with the Loved Ones and Catch-22? That was a great show. When it dawned on my friend and I what they were doing, we lost our poo poo.

No, we didn't meet. I think you walked by me at some point, and after you were well past me, I realized it might be you. I'll try to say high the next time I see you.

I'm probably most excited for the June 15th show. I'm just trying to figure out who the TBA bands are. I figure most of the active, US-based bands are already booked for the show. The only others I can think of: Vic Ruggiero, Chris Murray, Big D, Lemuria, the Smoking Popes, and LTJ (who probably aren't playing anyway).

I missed that show because I was away at school. I got a great screen printed poster for it from the punk rock flea market, and it taunts me all the time. Only Ska Is Dead tour I've missed.

1) That was a pretty rad show, even if it was kind of a lame Catch set. I'm not too into LTJ but I dig Losing Streak a lot. Also they played the Good Burger theme.

2) I hope you pick out the right Asian!

3) The 16th one is not on your list, I can say that much.

4) I made like 300 bucks selling at that a few years ago. I had a poster from that show too but I don't think it was screenprinted (and it's now MIA/destroyed probably). That's handsdown the best third-wavey lineup I've ever seen though.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LTJ actually played "We're All Dudes" live?

They've never re-released that song, so I'm assumed it was a bit of an embarrassment for them.

However, it does make sense that it'd be pretty low on their list of songs to buyback from Capitol Records...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Who said anything about We're All Dudes?

Also, Kel owned and so did Goodburger and all things associated with it. Shut your whore face.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just saying it seemed that way since the song never made it onto one of their rarities compilations, but "I Think I Love You" from the Scream 2 soundtrack did.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
For fucks sake BtMI, stop playing on weekday nights in Brooklyn, or upstate. I wanna catch at least one show before I leave for college. :mad:

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

WaffleZombie posted:

Oh my god I get to see The Fad.

I...I don't think there is a way to express just how happy I am.

gangnam reference fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 3, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DONT READ THIS POST posted:

For fucks sake BtMI, stop playing on weekday nights in Brooklyn, or upstate. I wanna catch at least one show before I leave for college. :mad:

They hardly play upstate. They haven't been anywhere near Syracuse in loving years.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
They're playing in Oneonta March 26th.

DONT READ THIS POST posted:

For fucks sake BtMI, stop playing on weekday nights in Brooklyn

who what when where why

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 4, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Obama Yo Mama posted:

They're playing in Oneonta March 26th.

who what when where why

fffff

Guess I get to see how far I'd have to drive for that one, as a birthday present to myself.

e: Only an hour if I stay at school. Guess I'm gonna see BtMI!

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 4, 2011

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Posted a ton of old Bomb/ASOB videos on my Youtube account if anyone's interested:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sneve

If you were ever on my site you've probably already seen 'em, but if not, enjoy!

Additionally, here's their set (mp3 rip) from the Brighton show:
http://snevesneve.com/btmi/Bootlegs...y%201_28_11.zip

01 Even Winning Feels Bad
02 You Still Believe In Me?
03 Side Projects Are Never Successful
04 Sweet Home Cananada
05 Congratulations, John, On Joining Every Time I Die
06 Saddr Weirdr
07 Slumlord
08 Never Trust a Man Without a Horribly Embarrassing Secret
09 Big Ending
10 The First Time I Met Sanawon
11 Jobs Schmobs
12 (Shut) Up The Punx!!!
13 Fresh Attitude, Young Body
14 25!
15 Future 86

Trying to hitch a ride to the CT show next week, but not sure if it'll happen.

On a more solidified note I ordered my plane tickets and hotel for AMR fest and could not be more excited.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Every day until I see them in March, I'm saying a prayer that they play Sanawon at that show.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010

hedgecore posted:

Posted a ton of old Bomb/ASOB videos on my Youtube account if anyone's interested:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sneve

If you were ever on my site you've probably already seen 'em, but if not, enjoy!

Additionally, here's their set (mp3 rip) from the Brighton show:
http://snevesneve.com/btmi/Bootlegs...y%201_28_11.zip

01 Even Winning Feels Bad
02 You Still Believe In Me?
03 Side Projects Are Never Successful
04 Sweet Home Cananada
05 Congratulations, John, On Joining Every Time I Die
06 Saddr Weirdr
07 Slumlord
08 Never Trust a Man Without a Horribly Embarrassing Secret
09 Big Ending
10 The First Time I Met Sanawon
11 Jobs Schmobs
12 (Shut) Up The Punx!!!
13 Fresh Attitude, Young Body
14 25!
15 Future 86

On a more solidified note I ordered my plane tickets and hotel for AMR fest and could not be more excited.

you're the same sneve you posted on gamefaqs's punk board back in the day(?)(!)

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

iron chic posted:

you're the same sneve you posted on gamefaqs's punk board back in the day(?)(!)

Oh boy. Yes. Chances are good I don't remember but what was your username?

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
I was "_tyrtlesoop_". I don't think I was a very notable poster, but I remember I liked Legitimate Business and I remember when that song got on Tony Hawk.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
Streetlight tonight! From what I've seen of the three opening acts, it's going to be a "stand there and wait for the headliner" show, but I don't care who's opening, it's loving Streetlight Manifesto.

Post-show report:

Lionize: Better than I expected. Very bluesy sound, like The Black Keys, but with a bit of a 70s rock sound mixed in. Very good stuff, tons of energy on stage.

A Loss For Words: Also better than I expected. Wikipedia says they're pop-punk, but they're closer to a hardcore sound. Very good if you're into that kind of thing. Played a cover of "My Girl", which was cool.

Terrible Things: Meeeeehhhhhh. Struck me as very cookie-cutter for a so-called supergroup. I really don't remember anything about these guys that stands out, but that may be my "don't care for TBS or Coheed and Cambria" attitude shining through.

Streetlight: Goddamned amazing. Hit all the favorites except Keasbey Nights, played an encore of Linoleum and Here's to Life (which sounded like the BOTAR version to me), and just generally made my 1.5 hour drive, the hour standing in the cold outside Peabody's, and the two plus hours between "doors open" and "Streetlight hits the stage" worth every minute.

Cheezymadman fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 14, 2011

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hedgecore posted:

Don't bother, it's Weslayan College students only, which is bullshit.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Don't bother, it's Weslayan College students only, which is bullshit.

I'll be selling merch for Bomb (or pretending to) so I'm going to be there, actually. I heard you can rope a student in to vouch for you, so if you're not weird (or if you're an attractive woman) you could always chill outside and try to swing that. I also heard that they don't ALWAYS check IDs at this place. I also heard that rumors are actually NOT reliable sources of information.

Or if you PM me your number, on the longshot I can get you in, I will. No promises though, I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hedgecore posted:

I'll be selling merch for Bomb (or pretending to) so I'm going to be there, actually. I heard you can rope a student in to vouch for you, so if you're not weird (or if you're an attractive woman) you could always chill outside and try to swing that. I also heard that they don't ALWAYS check IDs at this place. I also heard that rumors are actually NOT reliable sources of information.

Or if you PM me your number, on the longshot I can get you in, I will. No promises though, I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Yeah, my three mates and I managed to find students to vouch for us, thank god. We were talking with the drummer of Bomb at the top of the stairs and he was mighty pissed about the fact that the show was so hard to get into. But so loving worth it, what a good show!

e: the second opening band was absolute poo poo though.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah, my three mates and I managed to find students to vouch for us, thank god. We were talking with the drummer of Bomb at the top of the stairs and he was mighty pissed about the fact that the show was so hard to get into. But so loving worth it, what a good show!

e: the second opening band was absolute poo poo though.

Awesome, glad you found your way in. I spent the first part of the evening trying to get all the kids working doors to vouch for guests to little avail.

Their set was pretty great. Didn't watch the other two bands, but I don't think I missed much. Costa wasn't having a great day as it was so no surprise he was kinda pissed upstairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Cheezymadman posted:

Streetlight: Goddamned amazing.

I'm going to see them this Friday! No Point/Keasbey/Counterpoint though? That's a little strange, I'm sure that's usually a crowd favorite. I'm actually almost excited to see Larry and His Flask as Streetlight.