Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007
Wait, this Rastamous thing is actually a real show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Wafflecop posted:

Yes I realise that it's stop motion but I haven't seen animation that good on non-plasticine figures before.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Brown Moses posted:

Charlie Brooker thing on at 10pm BBC 2.

For some reason the digital signal in my area has been utter bollocks the last few days and i can only presume that it's dow to the weather.

So unless it clears up it looks like this is week 2 where i can't watch the show on the night. :smith:

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

Charlie Brooker thing on at 10pm BBC 2.

Definitely tuning in tonight for this:

Charlie Brooker's Twitter posted:

Tonight's ep of How TV Ruined Your Life contains harrowing sexual mime. Not by me, but by the actor Kevin Eldon.

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Kin posted:

For some reason the digital signal in my area has been utter bollocks the last few days and i can only presume that it's dow to the weather.

So unless it clears up it looks like this is week 2 where i can't watch the show on the night. :smith:

Stream it live on iPlayer:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_two_england/watchlive

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Oh my god I've just caught the end of this 'do we need the moon' show. What the gently caress is this? The presenting woman talks, in such, a, bizarre, manner?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

cloudchamber posted:

Stream it live on iPlayer:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_two_england/watchlive

I did not know about the live viewing! :dance:

Which is awesome because inbetween the gorss pixellation i can see that BBC2 is once again showing more "The world according to Robert Burns" :suicide:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

A5H posted:

Oh my god I've just caught the end of this 'do we need the moon' show. What the gently caress is this? The presenting woman talks, in such, a, bizarre, manner?

I couldn't believe that a programme with that title was on BBC2

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010

A5H posted:

I caught literally the last ~7 seconds of it and got "Do we really need the Moon? Of course we do!". Well, there's an hour saved, I'm pretty sure I already knew that.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

N3RDSTER posted:

I caught literally the last ~7 seconds of it and got "Do we really need the Moon? Of course we do!". Well, there's an hour saved, I'm pretty sure I already knew that.

It's a good thing, I was all ready just to get rid of the moon at the next car boot sale.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Lord Dekks posted:

Definitely tuning in tonight for this:

haha, does EVERYONE call him "the actor Kevin Eldon"? did that start with Lee and Herring or is it older than that?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

This weeks brooker show is hard to watch. Everything is insanely awkward. Also he seems like such a goon.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
How does he get people to agree to this stuff?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

That last bit with Kevin Eldon needs giffing.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Charlie Brooker posted:

You could use a picture of Mickey Rourke to scare a child away from a plate of cookies

Amazing.

Kin fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 1, 2011

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
What were the two songs that played after the second Barry Shitpeas sketch?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Things I can't live without pussy or me mum put them together and I'll slap you.

gently caress my generation. gently caress it hard.

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
So what sort of things do you do?
Boy on camera: nicking mopeds, kicking stuff in [etc]
Boy off camera: Killing cats... killing cats... killing cats.

It was just so ridiculous all I could do was laugh.
I hope it wasn't true :ohdear:

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I like the echo! :haw:

I'm loving this series, but then again it is mostly Screen Wipe under a different name.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
My only complaint was the first Bumming Around skit went on far too long. I know that was part of the joke but I still wanted to claw my eyes out and jam them in my ears.
The second part at least had some oddly enjoyable bleakness to it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SeanBeansShako posted:

Things I can't live without pussy or me mum put them together and I'll slap you.

gently caress my generation. gently caress it hard.

I miss Whatever so much. There was no better way of feeling superior as a human being than watching the total fuckwit morons trying to be presenters. The only thing it did wrong was not nuking the place at the end of the run.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Ratjaculation posted:

Does anyone else feel Episodes would be far better if it was just the Matt LeBlanc Show?

I dunno, it seems to get better every week. I actually laughed during this weeks episode which is something I guess.

Paxo really laid into the EDL boss on newsnight. Did a very good job at picking out all the loopholes in his logic.

Metrication fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 2, 2011

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Metrication posted:

I dunno, it seems to get better every week. I actually laughed during this weeks episode which is something I guess.

The problem with LeBlanc is that he appears to just be playing a more sweary, less retarded, slightly antagonistic Joey.

It's bad because he's either typecasting himself further or it shows that he's a very bad actor if he was more or less acting a nice version of himself in Friends and Joey.

Either way, when i'm watching it, i feel that i'm watching Joey "Real life edition" which is odd.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
On the Radio front:

Radcliffe and Maconie are moving from their R2 evening to 6Music afternoons. Wiley takes their spot.

* points and laughs at Radio 2 *

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Kin posted:

The problem with LeBlanc is that he appears to just be playing a more sweary, less retarded, slightly antagonistic Joey.

It's bad because he's either typecasting himself further or it shows that he's a very bad actor if he was more or less acting a nice version of himself in Friends and Joey.

Either way, when i'm watching it, i feel that i'm watching Joey "Real life edition" which is odd.
I really think this is unfair criticism. A sweary, non-retarded, antagonistic Joey isn't Joey at all. He's not a particularly nice guy in this when Joey was 100% good natured all the time.

Of course he reminds you of Joey, because you've seen Friends a thousand times and he shares the same face and vocal chords. He's playing a smart alec, arrogant, depressed, manipulative, hollywood big shot with a huge ego. I don't see how any of that is like Joey.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
LeBlanc is playing a parody of himself; 50% Joey typecast and 50% 'if Heat magazine reflected reality'.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Hoops posted:

Of course he reminds you of Joey, because you've seen Friends a thousand times and he shares the same face and vocal chords. He's playing a smart alec, arrogant, depressed, manipulative, hollywood big shot with a huge ego. I don't see how any of that is like Joey.

It goes beyond face and vocal cords. There are loads of little mannerisms that are either forcably being put into the performance or are actually him.

Per
Feb 22, 2006
Hair Elf
Does Britain not have compulsory schooling? I see 12-13 year olds pulled out of school on the Gypsy Weddings show.

edit: Oh, nevermind, it was explained on the show.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Fatkraken posted:

haha, does EVERYONE call him "the actor Kevin Eldon"? did that start with Lee and Herring or is it older than that?

As far as I can remember it started on TMWRNJ, yes, but it may have been circulating before that.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Jo Whiley moving to Radio 2 is about a billion years overdue. She was getting embarassing, trying to come across as the voice of da yoof.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Haven't listened to radio 1 for years, when I got a DAB radio I switched to 6music and never looked back. Consequently I have no idea what is happening chartwise now, I'm stuck in a comfortable alternative music bubble insulated from the top 40.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Metrication posted:

Haven't listened to radio 1 for years, when I got a DAB radio I switched to 6music and never looked back. Consequently I have no idea what is happening chartwise now, I'm stuck in a comfortable alternative music bubble insulated from the top 40.

Its all those Michael Bubbles and X-Fuckers

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

Its all those Michael Bubbles and X-Fuckers

Sounds like I'm not missing anything then. Is there ever any dubstep in the charts? I'm partial to some of that.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Metrication posted:

Sounds like I'm not missing anything then. Is there ever any dubstep in the charts? I'm partial to some of that.
Dubstep doesn't get released as singles though

Kid Moe
Mar 18, 2009

Hello Mr.Thompson
Pretty sure Nero is in the charts right now, not too dub steppy though.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

The charts are completely meaningless, and have been for at least a decade. Nobody buys singles any more.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Metrication posted:

Dunno if this is what you're looking for but one of my mates does dubstep stuff and he just sent me this facebook group invite (literally 45 minutes ago) about some podcast thing he's doing with a lot of different dubstep artists and whatnot.

http://www.facebook.com/!/home.php?sk=group_183171788371293&ap=1

I've got sweet gently caress all idea about how facebook, groups and podcasts work (well i know how podcasts work, but i don't know how it all synchs up with that facebook group thing), but he's not just some dude who kickss about in his garage as he's done some DJing stuff and has his tracks played on XFM? or something.

edit: actually, i'm retarded and the link is somwhere down the bottom of the messages;

Dubstep ahoy - http://insight.dfrnt.co.uk/

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

marktheando posted:

The charts are completely meaningless, and have been for at least a decade. Nobody buys singles any more.

My local HMV doesn't even sell CD singles any more. Makes it irritating when you actually want one.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

goatface posted:

My local HMV doesn't even sell CD singles any more. Makes it irritating when you actually want one.

What kind of primitive still uses a CD player? Guffaw i say to you, guffaw!

In all seriousness though, i think it's high time shops adopted a digital distribution system where you can pop in and buy an MP3 right there in the store and have it transfered to whatever device you've got on you (or a link emailed to you at home where you can then click and download it or something along those lines).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Singles sales are actually at an all time high in the UK. Went from 44m in 2002 to 120m in 2009.