Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010
There's a movie with a high school house and a girl playing accoustic guitar and singing songs she wrote obsessing about her boyfriend (ex-boyfriend?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

JustinMorgan posted:

There's a movie with a high school house and a girl playing accoustic guitar and singing songs she wrote obsessing about her boyfriend (ex-boyfriend?)

Say Anything.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
This one should be easy, it's fairly recent I think...

Two guys are running through the forest, being chased by an army. One of the guys steps on a land mine and knows if he lifts his foot, it will blow up. He tells the other guy to keep going, then makes a racket so the bad guys find him. They shoot him because he won't drop to the ground (he can't due to the landmine), finally one of the bad guys approaches him to knock him down or something, at which point the guy lifts his foot and blows everyone up.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Two guys are running through the forest, being chased by an army. One of the guys steps on a land mine and knows if he lifts his foot, it will blow up. He tells the other guy to keep going, then makes a racket so the bad guys find him. They shoot him because he won't drop to the ground (he can't due to the landmine), finally one of the bad guys approaches him to knock him down or something, at which point the guy lifts his foot and blows everyone up.

Severance, maybe, not sure, it's not an army chasing them.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Could it be the TV movie 24: Redemption? Was the landmine guy Robert Carlyle?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Not exactly true to what you posted, but this could be Behind Enemy Lines.

From TV Tropes:

quote:

The movie Behind Enemy Lines has this happen to the colonel who along with a sniper was tasked to find the main character. The sniper notices it, steps past it, and doesn't warn the colonel (rivalry in a war zone is a bitch). The colonel steps on it and pleads for help, but the sniper takes a glance, then tells him to remain still and keeps walking. A few seconds later, we hear the boom from the main character's POV.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

LesterGroans posted:

Could it be the TV movie 24: Redemption? Was the landmine guy Robert Carlyle?

Holy poo poo, you're right. I would never have thought of 24.

Thanks to everyone who guessed.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")
Irish dude comes home from a war to find his retarded little brother being used by thugs for something, wears a OD green field jacket, and kicks a bunch of rear end without changing his facial expression.

Name that movie, please.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

WHEEZY MISS A DUDE posted:

Irish dude comes home from a war to find his retarded little brother being used by thugs for something, wears a OD green field jacket, and kicks a bunch of rear end without changing his facial expression.

Name that movie, please.

Dead Man's Shoes

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")

Arturo Ui posted:

Dead Man's Shoes

Rad, thanks.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007
Got one from a friend:

'80s flick about a black Chevrolet Monte Carlo kidnapping kids from a school bus.

I'm stumped, any ideas?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Glass Joe posted:

Got one from a friend:

'80s flick about a black Chevrolet Monte Carlo kidnapping kids from a school bus.

I'm stumped, any ideas?

Sounds like Wheels of Terror

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

Sounds like Wheels of Terror

That's what I came up with too, even though it came out in 1990 and the synopsis I have is a little off. I'll pass it on anyway, thanks!

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
I've been trying to find the name of this movie for a long time. Unfortunately, I only saw a few minutes of it towards the end.

I saw it on cable television in the mid-1990s I think. I don't know anything about the plot of the movie, just the scene I saw. There were a bunch of teenagers hiding in a house or cabin in the woods. There was a girl, I think she had red hair, who had a dangerous boyfriend and a dorky guy was trying to talk her into running away from him. He was in the middle of conversation with her when the boyfriend snuck up and whacked him across the back of the head with a shovel. The girl screamed, and the guy who just got hit in the head stared blindly near her direction and called out her name, and said something about how he could barely hear her, even though she was right in front of him. He stumbled around a bit while the boyfriend said something disparaging about him.

I was impressed and disturbed by the effects of the head injury in the movie, it managed to be creepy without any blood and it had me paranoid about head injuries for years. I have never been able to figure out the name of the movie.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I'm looking for a movie I saw on TV one day when I was bored. It was black and white. A man plots to kill his maid. One foggy night she goes out and he follows and cracks her over the head - only it's not her, it's an innocent woman, and he runs home pursued by people who've witnessed the murder, but not who did it. The maid returns and is suspicious, and I think eventually she finds out what had happened and starts blackmailing the man? There's scenes where he's arrested and eventually brought to trial, but I think he gets away with it.

I'm pretty sure he dies at the end by poison, either by suicide or the maid killing him. There's a romance subplot too. I can't remember if he falls for the maid or someone else.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Light Fields
May 8, 2008
I saw a documentary about MOCKumentarys ages ago, and it talked about a documentary made about a would be South African white supremacist dictator (it might not have been South Africa but seems to make the most sense). The film crew though were just setting out to ridicule him so turned up late to meetings and forgot stuff. The only clip I remember from it is this would-be dictator's horse falling over whilst he's riding around a rally. I've wanted to see it since, but never worked out what it was!

Not a Duck
Mar 17, 2009

I'm not a duck.

Light Fields posted:

I saw a documentary about MOCKumentarys ages ago, and it talked about a documentary made about a would be South African white supremacist dictator (it might not have been South Africa but seems to make the most sense). The film crew though were just setting out to ridicule him so turned up late to meetings and forgot stuff. The only clip I remember from it is this would-be dictator's horse falling over whilst he's riding around a rally. I've wanted to see it since, but never worked out what it was!

That sounds a lot like Nick Broomfield's "The Leader, His Driver, and the Driver's Wife" which he followed up with fifteen years later with "His Big White Self."

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002
I saw part of a movie about 15 years ago. It was black and white and the main character reminded me of a young Jack Nicholson but I don't think it was actually him. The basic plot was this drifter moves in with a couple as a handyman/farm hand or something along those lines, and he starts an affair with the wife. I only saw 20-30 minutes of it but it seemed like it was pretty risque for a 50s era movie.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Arclyte posted:

I saw part of a movie about 15 years ago. It was black and white and the main character reminded me of a young Jack Nicholson but I don't think it was actually him. The basic plot was this drifter moves in with a couple as a handyman/farm hand or something along those lines, and he starts an affair with the wife. I only saw 20-30 minutes of it but it seemed like it was pretty risque for a 50s era movie.
The Postman Always Rings Twice?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Peking Duck posted:

That sounds a lot like Nick Broomfield's "The Leader, His Driver, and the Driver's Wife" which he followed up with fifteen years later with "His Big White Self."

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's it. Eugene Terreblanche liked to ride around on his horse and feel all militaristic and important, and there is footage of him falling off his horse in one of those. They are both excellent. He was killed last year (Terreblanche, not Broomfield): good riddance.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Action Jacktion posted:

Which was remade with... Jack Nicholson.

Light Fields
May 8, 2008

Peking Duck posted:

Yes it is! Fantastic, thanks a lot for that!

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002

Action Jacktion posted:

Plot summary sure seems to fit, I'll check that out, thanks!

FitFortDanga posted:

Which was remade with... Jack Nicholson.

That is quite a coincidence. I have a feeling that when I was watching the original version the info button on the remote gave me the info for the remake. Jessica Lange was the other name I was thinking of but she wasn't even born when the original was released, might be why I had so much trouble finding it.

E: Or much more likely, I watched the remake and somehow misremembered it as being done in B&W.

Arclyte fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 1, 2011

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...
A few years ago I caught a low-budget movie on cable that I'd like to see again. I'll shotgun as many details as I can remember - like I said, this was low budget and I only saw part of it once. It was probably early to mid nineties, although it might've just been cheap enough that it seemed that way and it is newer. It played a lot like the Tarantino clones that came out after Pulp Fiction got big.

-I think the title was a long string of tough guy words - it wasn't Sin City but the name was something like "Booze Broads Bullets" only longer.

-The plot was about a hitman/hardass/killer guy who gets betrayed and left for dead, only to wind up very much alive and looking for revenge. The dude is a super movie badass type - everybody knows about how tough this guy is and is scared of him.

-The main actor wasn't really an actor, the producer or director was friends with him and he was a construction worker. Dude was huge - I seem to remember him being like 6'5-6'7 and being a big, jacked dude. He wasn't movie star style muscles either, but more like a construction worker who also lifted weights. Very bulky.

- Stuff about the movie I remember - I think the main bad guy was a business suited type kingpin type criminal who always had a cellphone earpiece in, and it was hilariously dated because it wasn't bluetooth so he always had cables running from the phone to the earpiece across his suit jacket.

There is a scene where the protagonist walks into a bar to ask questions, somebody starts some poo poo, and he wrecks their poo poo - I am pretty sure he got a sawed off shotgun from this because the bartender tried to pull it on him.

There is a scene later where he busts in to some bad guy hideout with guns in each hand, and says "I'm back motherfuckers!" and then it goes into a flashback before coming back to him killing everybody. I think the transition after the line was that the screen went red and then ripped in half.

There is a flashback where the protagonist is in a hotel room with what i think is a whore that he falls in love with, but she gets killed and I think that ties into why they tried to kill him.

I'm pretty sure the protagonist drives a motorcycle everywhere. If I remember correctly, he walks into the biker bar I talked about earlier, kills a bunch of dudes, and then steals one of their motorcycles.

Like I said, this was a very low-budget movie I saw on one of the major cable movie stations (like Starz). Despite it's campiness and cheapness, I remember it being a pretty solid movie. I'm almost positive it never would've been released in theaters or anything, this is like a straight to dvd sort of deal.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Bullets, Blood, and a Fistful of Ca$h? I too caught this on Starz.

PonchtheJedi
Feb 20, 2004

Still got some work to do...

penismightier posted:

Bullets, Blood, and a Fistful of Ca$h? I too caught this on Starz.

That is exactly it. Thank you. The trailer makes it look cornier than I remember it being, but I'm still going to try and seek it out.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

It's pretty terrible, man.

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW
I have one.

It is a science fiction movie involving space travel and I am almost certain the ship is traveling to Mars.

I think one or more of the crew members die in an accident in space and are found in some gigantic white room that the remaining members find on the surface of the planet.

I think the "face" on Mars might have something to do with it.

It is not Red Planet.

Edit: I might be a retard, quick Googling tells me its Mission to Mars

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 3, 2011

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW posted:

I have one.

It is a science fiction movie involving space travel and I am almost certain the ship is traveling to Mars.

I think one or more of the crew members die in an accident in space and are found in some gigantic white room that the remaining members find on the surface of the planet.

I think the "face" on Mars might have something to do with it.

It is not Red Planet.

Mission to Mars with Tim Robbins, Don Cheadle and Gary Sinise?

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

LesterGroans posted:

Mission to Mars with Tim Robbins, Don Cheadle and Gary Sinise?

Yeah I think that's it, you answered before I could even edit my post.

Golden_Zucchini
May 16, 2007

Would you love if I was big as a whale, had a-
Oh wait. I still am.
This one has been bugging me on and off for years.

I saw the movie some time in the mid '80s, probably on a cable channel.

If memory serves it was an adventure type film about a group of people trying to find some sort of treasure or something. I think it was set in modern times, though they had to bypass various traps. The only two thing I remember for certain was one bit where they had move across the ceiling using rungs or hoops (or possibly a rope) because touching the floor would set off a trap (one person fell but I don't remember how he died), and a bit toward the end where they find a throne or chair that provided the key to whatever they were looking for but one guy got overeager and sat down in the chair. When he did, the two carved snakes on either side of his head bit him on the cheeks (the snakes either came to life or were some sort of mechanism, I'm not sure which).

That's all I can remember.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

I recently saw a segment of a black and white Western while on Turner Classic Movies while exercising and meant to rewatch the rest later.

The only scene that sticks out in my mind was where some guy is getting chased by indians on horseback, he dismounts his horse, lays it down on the ground and uses it as cover from where he takes aim and shoots his pursuers.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

aliencowboy posted:

I recently saw a segment of a black and white Western while on Turner Classic Movies while exercising and meant to rewatch the rest later.

The only scene that sticks out in my mind was where some guy is getting chased by indians on horseback, he dismounts his horse, lays it down on the ground and uses it as cover from where he takes aim and shoots his pursuers.

Robert Duvall does this in Lonesome Dove, which isn't B&W, but it's probably better than whatever you were watching if it's not actually it.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Looking for a movie where a band of cowboys terrorize a town. For some reason, coffee figures into it; either the cowboys really really love their coffee or are addicted to it.

Sorry, that's all I have.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

aliencowboy posted:

Is it John Wayne in The Searchers? Not black and white I know, but that seems familiar and Searchers is the only western I've watched lately.

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like
:love:moray cup:love:
:love:sheep:love:

:love:haim:love:
Looking for a German film about a young guy discovering himself, going to parties and the fall of the berlin wall. Should translate as something similar to "sunshine"

northward fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 4, 2011

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

aliencowboy posted:

Do you remember what day you watched it?

Lore Crimes
Jul 22, 2007

I saw this about a year ago, but I think it is from the 80s or 90s. It's a series of short films by a now-noteworthy Asian director (don't remember which one). In one of them, a professor who is obsessed with one of his students has her coming to his office and forgets that he left a porn mag open on the table, so he has to beat her to the office and ends up throwing books from across the room to cover it as she walks in, or something like that. I do know that it is (was) on Youtube, at least when I saw it. Thanks!

Action Andy
Feb 5, 2007

Out From Animals
This has a girl called City Hall or something in it and has a thick plot involving kidnap and ransom and at some point a guy's finger gets sent in a box to his family or something. It's probably quite recent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

penismightier posted:

Do you remember what day you watched it?

Nope! But The Searchers came on after it.