Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Neurosis posted:

As a superlative student of Australian intellectual property law I understand the vague reasons why things are as they are but it still enrages me when people don't want to take my money!

I apologise if I seemed antagonistic, but it is truly annoying to search for hours for a site willing to sell me a Robert Silverberg book. Or, indeed, willing to sell me something less obscure like Pale Fire.

Clearly the answer is to pretend to be an American. You'll have to put up with Americanized (Americanised?) spelling, but you get the best selection.

A little googling should show you the steps needed to create an Amazon US account and fund it from Australia.

edit: Damnit, my preorder for Towers of Midnight just went through for $14.99. Price for the ebook at release: $12.99. gently caress pre-ordering Kindle books, and gently caress the agency model.

fordan fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jan 31, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
I am familiar with the method, but people have also spoken about being banned. I am wondering if this is based on credit card info or otherwise. The former would obviously blackball my Kindle from everything.

thedouche
Mar 20, 2007
Greetings from thedouche

:dukedog:

FidgetyRat posted:

I ended up picking up the "Marware Eco-Vue Kindle Folio" which should be arriving maybe tomorrow. Closest thing to the unlit case functionality wise, but without frustrating enclosures and tons of bells/whistles I don't want. Here's hoping I like it.

Whats with the lit case battery drain I'm hearing about. Are they having issues with that one now too?

Tell us how it is when it comes in.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Does anyone use the Kindle as a todo list or a very simple PIM?

I find myself using the Kindle first time in the morning to read the news and having a todo list there would be nice. Maybe syncing the RSS feed of an online task manager like Remember the Milk via Calibre? Any suggestions?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Shnooks posted:

Yeah, 3 other people just told me the exact same thing. I'm exasperated right now...

Edit: And Amazon saved me! I love them...

Wow, looks like it was pretty quick too. What was the problem?

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

stubblyhead posted:

Wow, looks like it was pretty quick too. What was the problem?

Yeah, I just had to restart it D: But I didn't know how to do that! I feel so stupid now freaking out. The guy at Amazon sent me some information on what to do when my Kindle freezes and said if it keeps happening to call back and they'll send me a new one.

This is what I posted when it happened

quote:

I got my Kindle 3 loving days ago and already me or my boyfriend hosed it up. I downloaded a sample of a book that he wanted to read and deleted it after he was done. I browsed the Kindle bookstore for about an hour or so, and suddenly I get this message that I can't connect to WiFi, even though I have 4 bars and it says I'm connected.

I went to read my book instead and all it comes up with is a blank page and the name of the deleted sample. I can't do anything except go home from there. It happened with another sample I downloaded, too.

I shut it on and off twice to see if that would help, and turned off and on the WiFi options, and none of that helped. I cant even go Menu>Settings>Menu>Restart because for some reason no menu pops up once I get to settings.

Now when I turn it back on my sample of another book is gone and my book I bought is in archives and I'm unable to read it. Help I don't know what to do...

Strangelet Wave
Nov 6, 2004

Surely you're joking!

Strangelet Wave posted:

If we're still sharing screensavers, I've converted 248 Gustave Doré engravings to 600x800 and did the best I could with the contrast.

Here are some selections:

Orlando Furioso

The Old Testament

The New Testament

The Crusades

Inferno

Purgatorio

Paradiso

The Idylls of the King

Paradise Lost

Don Quixote

I've uploaded them with and without the Kindle 3 "Slide and release the power switch to wake" badge.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Couple of minor fixes to a few image margins, new version linked.

EDIT EDIT: Alright, the images were kind of dark, so I upped the gamma, lowered the white level, and fiddled with the contrast a bit. Last time I'm going to muck around with them, promise.

Reposting my screensavers for Duckman2008. Also, I've updated the packs once since I first uploaded them--a couple of the screens had a bit of whitespace around the edges, so I fixed them.

Strangelet Wave fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 5, 2011

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

The thing about Gustave Doré... is that he's incredible.

My mother bought me a large copy of The Rime of the Ancient Mariner for one of my birthdays, and every other page was a woodcut by Doré - the time put into carving those waves must have been monstrous.

(Of course, after looking him up, I realised that his assistants did all the engraving.)

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Strangelet Wave posted:

Reposting my screensavers for Duckman2008. Also, I've updated the packs once since I first uploaded them--a couple of the screens had a bit of whitespace around the edges, so I fixed them.

Thanks for making my Kindle look classy as hell when I'm not reading. :cool:

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Strangelet Wave posted:

I really like these screensavers, but so many of them look *really* dark on my Kindle.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Strangelet Wave posted:

Talk about hubris: I get my kindle, look at the thread, I say "gently caress screensavers, who gives a poo poo?" in my mind, go to last page, see your post and go and install screensaver hack. So thanks for making me eat my own words and for these p cool screensavers.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Vertigus posted:

I really like these screensavers, but so many of them look *really* dark on my Kindle.
I grabbed all of those and adjusted their contrast to (hopefully) look better on the Kindle screen.

Strangelet Wave
Nov 6, 2004

Surely you're joking!

SLOSifl posted:

I grabbed all of those and adjusted their contrast to (hopefully) look better on the Kindle screen.

Yeah, the Kindle only has 11 shades of grey (if I recall correctly) and pretty abysmal contrast compared to LCD or ink. I lack the software/expertise to batch adjust all the images with any level of sophistication, but no matter what, it's going to be a tradeoff between contrast and detail.

I personally like to err on the side of detail (I like poring over the Kindle screen under a bright light), but you're welcome to make high-contrast versions of all of 'em if you want.

FidgetyRat
Feb 1, 2005

Contemplating the suckiness of people since 1982
Someone asked that I post a review of the Marware Eco-Vue Kindle Folio when it comes in, and it did today. It can be found on Amazon for $34.99. Here

For background, I needed a new case after my unlit official leather case was causing the rebooting issue. The goal this time around was a case that was just as simple, but didn't use interior clips or some other silly method of enclosure.

Overall I am pleased. The construction quality was better then I was expecting, especially seeing some offerings at Best Buy in person (M-Edge comes to mind) and when handling them I was shocked how low quality they felt.

The Marware case spends alot of time on Amazon boasting about being environmentally friendly in the leather dyeing process, packaging, etc. Once out of the Amazon cardboard box, the product's package was a glorified envelope stamped with eco friendly. I'm sure some people out there go crazy for "eco friendly" stuff, I personally don't care, but I suppose it's a nice touch.

This case looked to be the simplest out of the competition. No mega-fancy legs to flip out, no over the top stuff. The only "features" of this case are an elastic hand strap that is exposed when the lid is folded back (which is actually pretty useful reading in bed, didn't think I'd use it) and a small flap to store stuff, but at most you'd get a micro-fiber cloth, or maybe a :10bux: if you wanted to go out to read and buy some coffee. But again, I didn't care for features, I wanted simple.

Weight-wise, it's comparable to the unlit leather case. I didn't have a postal scale handy, so I went with the "one in the right, one in the left" test and they were about equal. The Marware case is more padded then the Offical case which was more "board-like". The leather on the Marware is smooth vs. the official's "pebble" effect. I'm still not convinced the official case was real leather, but the Marware case sure smells like it, but it's not some super thick leather.

The kindle slides right in the holster, and you can feel some friction on the way in, even with the top flap open, I don't think it would slip out, and theres some rigidity to the enclosure so it doesn't feel like it would slide around. Frankly I'm impressed they got the measurements down so well. I had no problem using the power slider or accessing the keyboard. The volume switch gets touched by the leather though, slight miscalculation there, But I don't think enough to hinder anyone or accidentally press the button.

The elastic band to hold it shut seems like it would hold up. I miss the little leather flap on the official case, I sometimes have a hard time grabbing the strap (nail biter) so I'm considering sewing a flap on myself. It holds shut and folded back well.

My only real concerns on this case are 2 fold. 1) I miss the naked look of the official case when open. I'll get used to having the bezel slightly covered, but I preferred it naked better. 2) For some reason beyond my understanding, Marware decided to put a spine in the case. When folded back, it forms a triangle shape instead of folding flat like the official case. Looking at the case when folded back, I can't see a good reason for this at all, and simply leaving out the spine and "double-hinge" approach would have worked just as good, but I'm getting used to it. Having large hands to begin with, it fits a bit better I suppose.

Overall, very pleased. It's not some cheap chineese knock-off case and looks like some actual care went into its design and manufacturing. I'm spoiled coming from the old official case I loved so much, but this is a good fall back that won't cause my kindle to prematurely die. It feels worth the 30 bucks and beats the piss out of the competition in terms of care and execution. It looks great, but unfortunately no other colors but black.

The outside leather is black, the interior a nice gray suede. The outside strap feels a lot like a bra strap (for some of the goons out there, that feels kind of smooth and springy :downs:)

Closed

Alone

Overhead Side-By-Side

Side-By-Side

Thickness Comparison

FidgetyRat fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 2, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
That case is sexy as hell. To the mangatraders script goon, you are amazing. I can't get it to actually download anything unless I put it in the settings file. But it doesn't really matter, it's still really useful and a load off my shoulders. I can finally start getting rid of the books still kicking around here. Also changing the most recent download number to an obscenely high number to get an entire series doesn't work well at all.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

That case is sexy as hell. To the mangatraders script goon, you are amazing. I can't get it to actually download anything unless I put it in the settings file. But it doesn't really matter, it's still really useful and a load off my shoulders. I can finally start getting rid of the books still kicking around here. Also changing the most recent download number to an obscenely high number to get an entire series doesn't work well at all.

What's problem are you having with the series grabber? Works fine on basically everything for me - occasionally it'll hang up on one volume and I'll have to wait for it for a bit, but otherwise should work fine :v:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Murodese posted:

What's problem are you having with the series grabber? Works fine on basically everything for me - occasionally it'll hang up on one volume and I'll have to wait for it for a bit, but otherwise should work fine :v:
I don't know how to say it so here is a tinyish picture.

After it goes through that bit it gives me control again. It's most probably user error because I am functionally illterate when it comes to dealing with prompts and syntaxes correctly though. :v:

e: oh, and in case you meant the feed reader portion of the script, it will suddenly close without having finished anywhere near it's job.
And sometimes get stuck in a loop where it continually asks me to re-check my username/password. This starts up in the middle of a download, so It's obvious my information is still good. I assume that would just be the mangatrader servers being weird though?

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Feb 2, 2011

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Yeah, they've been pretty awful the last couple of days - I've been getting network losses in the middle of downloads.

Which manga are you attempting to pull with that screenshot? Looks like it's getting a mangled xml file back, so if you give me the seriesid I can take a look.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

Murodese posted:

Yeah, they've been pretty awful the last couple of days - I've been getting network losses in the middle of downloads.

Which manga are you attempting to pull with that screenshot? Looks like it's getting a mangled xml file back, so if you give me the seriesid I can take a look.

all the ones I've attempted,including these most recent ones:
full metal alchemist
bleach
the electric tale of pikachu
toriko

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 5, 2011

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

I'm not getting it with any of those series', even looking directly at the xml where it said that it was broken :~( Just grabs the series xml and downloads as normal.

You should be running this command:

mangatraders --manga 36 --copy

I'm adding something that I think may fix the content-server issues, but I can't test it until I encounter it so I won't know for a while :v: There are verbose output options already, but it doesn't output the series xml. You might want to try running this:

mangatraders --manga 36 --copy --verbose > info.log 2>&1

Then email me the info.log file that results to murodese [at] gmail.com.

FidgetyRat
Feb 1, 2005

Curious about the manga script. Is there a way to create a single .mobi from all chapters, and just have a TOC or NCX bring you to the different parts? I'm not a fan of cluttering my kindle either. Are you constructing actual .mobis from the script, or simply dumping images?

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Dunno about table of contents or anything, but you could happily put all the images in one folder, rar/zip it, and rename the extension to cbr/cbz respectively. After that calibre would sort it out for you.

Murodese posted:

You should be running this command:

mangatraders --manga 36 --copy
Putting the series number in brackets makes the script think they are part of the series number, doesn't it? :ughh: Just tried it, I am an idiot. for reference, this is exactly what I was running for everything:

mangatraders --manga [36] --copy

If that couldn't possibly do what it did, I'll still happily make/send the log to you.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 2, 2011

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

putting the series number in brackets makes the script think they are part of the series number, doesn't it? :ughh: Just tried it, I am an idiot. for reference, this is exactly what I was running for everything:

mangatraders --manga [36] --copy

If that couldn't possibly do what it did, I'll still happily make/send the log to you.

:kiddo: Sorry, square brackets usually means "some variable" in nerd lingo and you're supposed to remove the brackets. Not a problem in that case - basically it'd look for a manga that was [36], find that it doesn't exist and try to pull an error page and parse it as xml (hence the xml parsing errors). On downloading that pikachu manga though, I found another bug (folders can't have ":" in them).

I managed to fix the irritating content-server errors as well, I'll chuck an updated script up once I work out this next part:

quote:

Curious about the manga script. Is there a way to create a single .mobi from all chapters, and just have a TOC or NCX bring you to the different parts? I'm not a fan of cluttering my kindle either. Are you constructing actual .mobis from the script, or simply dumping images?

Dumping images. Chapters are handled in a pretty ugh kind of way. Currently there's an entry for each chapter in a series and there's sometimes (no idea why it doesn't happen all the time) an entry for the whole series. Functionally, the kindle handles .mobi files and folders of pictures almost exactly the same way - ie. if you got a new chapter, it'd have to kill the .mobi, recreate it and recopy that onto the device.

I'm going to have a play with calibre's conversion - if I can get it not to modify the images, it probably has all sorts of ToC building stuff that I can throw stuff at and should make stuff much cleaner (I'm getting annoyed at certain multi-volume manga that take up entire pages of my kindle :mad:)

e; I found the perfect way to combine them into a single book :3: It'll have to make some assumptions though (it'll include every chapter in the working folder for that series)

ee; Hooray, it works really well. That said, I'm going to rewrite basically the whole script because it's messy as gently caress by this point and I want to clean it up a lot, so maybe sometime tommorrow :kiddo: Fair few fixes in the new version though.

Murodese fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 2, 2011

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Welp, finally got sick of my Kindle's on-again/off-again freezing issue. Today it froze every time I put it to sleep. I was trying to read Infinite Jest and it was getting goddamn annoying when I constantly lost my place. I need the case because I carry the kindle in my book-bag and I don't want to scuff the screen. :(

1 call to Amazon and less than a minute later, I have a credit for a lit case and its on its way. Holy poo poo, Amazon...amazing stuff. :)

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

SLOSifl posted:

[

Sweet guys. I've been busy/lazy about this this week, but just added these (the adjusted ones only).

Edit: I skipped over the manga stuff here because I just have no background on what it is what so ever. Is this something that has specific needs that would go in the FAQ part of the OP?

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 3, 2011

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Murodese posted:

:kiddo: Sorry, square brackets usually means "some variable" in nerd lingo and you're supposed to remove the brackets. Not a problem in that case - basically it'd look for a manga that was [36], find that it doesn't exist and try to pull an error page and parse it as xml (hence the xml parsing errors). On downloading that pikachu manga though, I found another bug (folders can't have ":" in them).

I managed to fix the irritating content-server errors as well, I'll chuck an updated script up once I work out this next part:

Dumping images. Chapters are handled in a pretty ugh kind of way. Currently there's an entry for each chapter in a series and there's sometimes (no idea why it doesn't happen all the time) an entry for the whole series. Functionally, the kindle handles .mobi files and folders of pictures almost exactly the same way - ie. if you got a new chapter, it'd have to kill the .mobi, recreate it and recopy that onto the device.

I'm going to have a play with calibre's conversion - if I can get it not to modify the images, it probably has all sorts of ToC building stuff that I can throw stuff at and should make stuff much cleaner (I'm getting annoyed at certain multi-volume manga that take up entire pages of my kindle :mad:)

e; I found the perfect way to combine them into a single book :3: It'll have to make some assumptions though (it'll include every chapter in the working folder for that series)

ee; Hooray, it works really well. That said, I'm going to rewrite basically the whole script because it's messy as gently caress by this point and I want to clean it up a lot, so maybe sometime tommorrow :kiddo: Fair few fixes in the new version though.

I'm in the middle of moving house at the moment so I haven't had a chance to try out the script myself, but I just wanted to thank you for doing this - I've just started using a borrowed Kindle 2 for manga, and this looks like it'll be very useful. I might hold off for the rewritten version though. :)

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Sweet guys. I've been busy/lazy about this this week, but just added these (the adjusted ones only).

Edit: I skipped over the manga stuff here because I just have no background on what it is what so ever. Is this something that has specific needs that would go in the FAQ part of the OP?

It'd probably be useful to chuck in the OP as it's a handy script for anyone that reads manga on their kindle, but wait until I finish off the new version (which shouldn't be too long).

Murodese fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 3, 2011

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Mingle

New:

- Complete re-write

- Various bugfixes (paths with :, all 403 errors should be completely gone, content-server issues should be gone)

- You can now specify new devices (size/palettes but you'd need to write the palette out yourself so good luck writing one for a colour screen :xd:)

- It's now relatively easy to swap in/out the manga source, so it's not just a MangaTraders script anymore; still requires code to be written on an on-site basis, so suggest a site if you want something added

- Now (optionally) binds a series into a single .mobi file with a toc pointing to each chapter-group

- If you choose not to do that, it copies each chapter to the device as a .cbz instead so it should be a lot faster and somewhat smaller than previously

- Script itself is a lot faster

- Less server-rape

- Script is theroetically a lot more robust

An unfixable issue cropped up; the kindle mandates a border on every .mobi, so the manga is slightly smaller as a result. Yes, it's a pain in the rear end. You can change the margins, but it applies on a global basis (ie. to normal books, too)

How to use

I want to download the entire Kuragehime series.

*visits https://www.mangatraders.com
*types "Kuragehime" in search box*
*hovers mouse over resulting url, sees the id 6730*

mingle --manga 6730 (will just grab the manga and convert it and leave it in the working folder)

mingle --manga 6730 --combine (will bind into a .mobi and leave in working folder)

mingle --manga 6730 --combine --copy (will bind into a .mobi and copy to device)

mingle --manga 6730 --copy (will bind individual chapters into .cbz and copy to device)

I want to check for updates to the feed ids that I have in my settings.conf file.

mingle --feeds --combine --copy (you get the idea)

Things Untested

I haven't tested various output formats yet (ie Kindle 2) so go nuts. Nor have I tested adding new device profiles, hop to it.

Everything's horribly broken

Go into the working folder (files by default), peruse each folder and delete everything except the <chapter>_orig.cbz/cbr files. This will force a complete rebuild of each chapter. Failing that, delete the working folder itself (though it'll have to re-download everything).

Download

http://www.multiupload.com/FCGRC3AZQK

Murodese fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 5, 2011

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Amazon just added a new, free game. Video Poker

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004C6S25I

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Sporadic posted:

Amazon just added a new, free game. Video Poker

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004C6S25I

Living in the third world sucks, I can't try any of the free games. :smith:

FidgetyRat
Feb 1, 2005

Murodese posted:

Mingle

New:

- Complete re-write

Anything special you need to get this to execute? Didn't see any instructions, but when attempting to execute under XP, I get a "The system cannot execute the specified program." Maybe it's using some kind of framework like .net I don't have installed?

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Neurosis posted:

I am familiar with the method, but people have also spoken about being banned. I am wondering if this is based on credit card info or otherwise. The former would obviously blackball my Kindle from everything.

Love to hear if this is workable (Australian too).

I'd like to pay less and have access to more :(

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

FidgetyRat posted:

Anything special you need to get this to execute? Didn't see any instructions, but when attempting to execute under XP, I get a "The system cannot execute the specified program." Maybe it's using some kind of framework like .net I don't have installed?

Shouldn't do, everything required should be bound into the executable itself. Is that literally all it says?

FidgetyRat
Feb 1, 2005

Murodese posted:

Shouldn't do, everything required should be bound into the executable itself. Is that literally all it says?

Yup. (Attaching picture)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!
Googling that error gets quite a few hits.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

FidgetyRat posted:

Yup. (Attaching picture)

Ughaugahg, hidden dependencies :argh:

You need msvcr90.dll, and to be more of an rear end in a top hat, you need a specific version: 9.0.21022.8 Licensing means I can't bundle this with the program, but it should basically be the first result if you google msvcr90.dll download :v:

e; apparently this is the right version: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
Got my Kindle today. It's so awesome. I'm so in awe of the e-ink screen and how like a sticker it looks. I downloaded a Spanish->English dictionary that someone had made and that'll be lovely when I find some very easy Spanish ebooks to read. I've found that the PDFs that I want to use aren't too annoying to read so far and that's before installing duokan.

My main annoyance so far is with choosing a book. I have 400 books on there and having to press next page 30 times to get to the one I want to read is a pain. Is there some alternative option that people have found works better? Also, is there some way only search the titles of the books option because I assume that'd be faster assuming I know which book I want to read. Oh and how do Calibre series and Kindle collections match up? Having some kind of collapsible list would be awesome.

edit : Is there some way to have Calibre e-mail the news subscriptions it downloads straight to my Kindle so I can get it over 3G rather than having to plug it in? Waking up in the morning and turning my Kindle on to read the news would be so much more awesome than having to walk all the way to my computer to plug it in.

edit 2 : Can I make it so the Kindle shows my current book front page rather than random pictures of Jane Austen when I put it to sleep?

Sad Panda fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 4, 2011

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

When you're at the booklist screen, press a letter. It'll auto-popup the find box with whatever letter you put in, then just press enter to go straight to that letter.

Calibre series/Kindle collections don't match up at all afaik (or at least I haven't found anything to do so). There's a python script someone made on the mobileread forums that will do it all for you, but it's a bit of a fuckaround.

Afaik no way to show book covers when asleep, though check the second post of this thread for some badass backgrounds a goon converted for use.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
We probably should stop with that kindle manga bullshit not only because is it loving stupid, but you're also pretty much committing :filez: since those series, Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, etc. are all licensed and those websites don't really have them up there legally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sad Panda posted:

Is there some way to have Calibre e-mail the news subscriptions it downloads straight to my Kindle so I can get it over 3G rather than having to plug it in?

Well I think you'd prefer over Wi-Fi (since receiving documents over email over 3G costs 15 cents per kilobyte), but go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/digital/fiona/manage?ie=UTF8&ref_=ya_kindle_banner_myk and set up the email address and approved email sending addresses for your Kindle. I f you also set a charge limit of $0.00 you'll never receive an emailed thing over 3G, it will instead wait for you to connect to Wi-Fi to deliver so you don't get charged.

And of course, then you go into Calibre and set up the email thing.