Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaosFactor
Dec 10, 2000

Rommel Rommel

Poopelyse posted:

Have you guys seen the shirt up on shirt.woot today? It's basically the best shirt ever.
http://shirt.woot.com/

So bought. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Penrose Stares posted:

Oh man is that sweet. And for only :10bux:, how can you possibly go wrong?

By wearing it in public.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

stratdax posted:

By wearing it in public.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You are in the wrong thread.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Penrose Stares posted:

They might have washed it in some nasty solvent, and it will stick to you and rip your skin off.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Ninja_Orca posted:

Expect them to poo poo all over the best parts of KOTOR II in a move that will surprise no one and anger everyone.

At worst they'll probably ignore it. And why shouldn't they? It's not their story. You know they'd mess it up if they tried. I love Bioware but subtlety is not the strong suit of their writing and ignoring KOTOR 2 would probably be for the best.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Penrose Stares posted:

Al the other shirts you end up buying.

Sithalchemist
Dec 31, 2007
Don't cross the streams...the results could be bad
I debated as to if this should go in Games, but I figured since it is Star Wars themed, it belongs here for all to view. I tend to enjoy watching the Angry Video Game Nerd on Gametrailers. He just did a review of old Star Wars games that introduced me to some that I didn't know existed (e.g., games only released in Japan). There are just so many Star Wars games out there, though, that I suppose it is inevitable that some would fly under my radar. So without further adieu, enjoy: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/angry-video-screwattack/710076

Watching this actually jogged my memory of the first Star Wars game I ever played. It was the A New Hope NES-based one that was reviewed in the middle of the video, but it was on the old olive-green screen Game Boy. Back then that game was the poo poo, but drat was it ever hard. You know what, I still have that game. I should go play through that again.

Edit: It occurs to me that this thread focuses mainly on discussion questions, so what is your favorite/most hated SW game? My favorite would be X-Wing Alliance. It beats out X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter by a slim margin because of the storyline, great graphics, and solid controls. My most reviled game would be a Phantom Menace PC game that had atrocious graphics and level design. It was a top-down view that made things very confusing, and the game was just overall sloppily put together.

Sithalchemist fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 4, 2011

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Only Star Wars-y shirt I own.

Though I sort of wanna pick up this one.

v v v Hnng, if there was a female version of that I would be all over it.

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 4, 2011

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
You're not painfully nerdy until you own one of these.

http://www.shopecko.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4007166&cp=2441351.2846009.3880005.3880008

My fiance has it and it's as dorky as it looks, but he loves it. As well as his ~10 or so Marc Ecko Star Wars t-shirts.

Painfully. Nerdy.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Hnng, if there was a female version of that I would be all over it.

Psh hoodies are stylish either way.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
They also come/came in Boba Fett, Rebel Pilot, and a few others. Macy's carried them last year but not this year.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sithalchemist posted:

Edit: It occurs to me that this thread focuses mainly on discussion questions, so what is your favorite/most hated SW game? My favorite would be X-Wing Alliance. It beats out X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter by a slim margin because of the storyline, great graphics, and solid controls. My most reviled game would be a Phantom Menace PC game that had atrocious graphics and level design. It was a top-down view that made things very confusing, and the game was just overall sloppily put together.
It'd take a while to figure out a favorite. The Phantom Menace game is still better than TFU. :smugbert:

There is a cheat that fixes the camera, why you aren't just allowed to do it is beyond me.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

RagnarokAngel posted:

It's 300 years after KOTOR1 so if it helps most of these people are dead.

Oh yes, but they're still going to name drop them. There WILL be a big gently caress-off statue of Carth somewhere with a 'best guy EVER!' plaque on it. Revan will still be wildly important for some reason or other, and it's already confirmed that Bastilla's great great (etc.) grand-daughter is TOR's Yoda and that HK is returning as some kind of 5-man raid boss.

I'm most pissed off about KotORII being missed out as they're taking the main plot element of TOR (i.e. invasion by a long hidden Sith Empire) directly from TSL (Kreia's 'True Sith'). Not even acknowledging that they've done that is a bit dickish IMO.

Sithalchemist posted:

It occurs to me that this thread focuses mainly on discussion questions, so what is your favorite/most hated SW game?
Surprise, surprise my all time favourite SW game (and almost favourite game in general) is KotORII: TSL. I love the story, the levelling, the combat, the crafting, the way that the right build can rape the game yet the wrong one can still leave you bleeding in a heap, I love Kreia, I love what was done with Revan's character and I love that the atmosphere is so wildly different from anything else yet still feels Star Wars-y. Yeah Peragus grates a bit and Telos goes on a bit long but it's still great.
Second is the original X-Wing, not just because it's a fantastic space sim, but it was the first PC game I ever played and will always hold a special place in my gamers heart. (I've never played TIE fighter or X vs TIE)
Third is Jedi Academy, because eviscerating storm troopers with a sabarstaff is hilarious.

Worst goes to 'Battle for Naboo', an EP1 tie-in game for the N64. The controls were sloppy, objectives vague and story terrible (being that of TPM).

Bene Elim fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Feb 4, 2011

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Most Favorite: Super Empire Strikes Back for the SNES.

Least Favorite: (I haven't played a game in a few years, so bear with me) Jedi Power Battles (DC version, I think). It was just a complete mess. My brother and I played it a huge amount. There were times when you would just drop through the scenery, enemies would kill you from across the level through the background, every jump was a gamble if the platform you were jumping too actually existed. It was like the game was waging psychological warfare against you.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Faerunner posted:

You're not painfully nerdy until you own one of these.

http://www.shopecko.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4007166&cp=2441351.2846009.3880005.3880008

My fiance has it and it's as dorky as it looks, but he loves it. As well as his ~10 or so Marc Ecko Star Wars t-shirts.

Painfully. Nerdy.

Mark Ecko makes some great Star Wars shirts, I've got to say. My wife bought me this shirt, and I wear it proudly.

Of course, I also own this shirt, which is obviously not Mark Ecko.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

I don't remember who made it, but one of my favorite SW shirts I own is a vintage-styled "Tosche Station Power Converters" shirt. It takes people a few glances before they realize how much of a massive nerd I am.

I also bought the Hoth Brewing Co. T-Shirt (and beer stein!) from Celebration V, I love those things.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Sithalchemist posted:

I have three different favourites, one for story, one for gameplay, and one for premise. Story, obviously, is Kotor II; I personally think it's one of the best-told stories in the entire EU, if not one of the best in gaming, period—certainly one of the best since Baldur's Gate and its sequels. For gameplay itself, I'd absolutely have to say Rogue Squadron II, because gently caress yeah starfighters. Third category goes to the first podracing game (never played the second but I heard it sucked), because podracing, by which I mean goddamn rocket chariots, is the single coolest thing to come out of the prequels by a wide margin; this includes Qui-Gon. It's the reason I haven't given away my N64.

For least favourite, I'll put up Bounty Hunter. Hooooly poo poo, this was a bad game. The premise was pretty cool, and the gimmick (independent aiming of dual-wielded blasters) was a neat idea, but the execution of the entire thing was terrible, especially said gimmick. I don't think I played past the level where you get Slave I because it was just so tedious.

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson

Sithalchemist posted:

KOTOR II and I are my favorites, with the Rogue Squadron series close behind. As far as most hated goes, I actually dropped money on the Episode III game, and to this day it is something I can never forgive myself for.

Also to whoever hated Bounty Hunter I don't know if I can like you because it was the first console game I actually owned and I played the poo poo out of it and got all the bounties and collected all the secrets so basically I have Stockholm Syndrome because it was all I had! :negative:

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
I love TFU. I thought it was a wicked smart idea to drop you into a game with exaggerated force powers playing the man himself- Vader. They got him right, the way he walked at a brisk pace, every saber stroke was a power move. It was fun from beginning to end. Seconded by Jedi Knight Academy multiplayer. X Wing Alliance had its day in the sun.

Least favorite was TFU2. It's nothing new, and an abortion of a storyline to boot. TFU was hard enough to suspend belief but this- thank god 3 got canceled.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I beat the NES version of Empire Strikes Back ONCE. It's so hard. You have no idea how hard it is by watching that video.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Best 'recent' Star Wars Game: It is sort of a tie, I did enjoy the KOTOR series and Republic Commando.

Unique old school gem award: That odd Episode 1 PSX game. It was much more interesting than the film it was based on.

Pile of Shite: Force Commander. It made Empire At War look like Command and Conquer Red Alert 2.

Oh god WHY: Star Wars Galaxies today.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Joe Don Baker posted:

I beat the NES version of Empire Strikes Back ONCE. It's so hard. You have no idea how hard it is by watching that video.

I didn't believe you the first time you told me, and I don't believe you now.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Star Wars Motherfucking Rebellion.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

arioch posted:

Star Wars Motherfucking Rebellion.

I actually tried so hard-core at that game that I bottled up the rebels on a single planet, and waited to destroy it until I had every other planet in the entire galaxy at full green for population support by doing all the propaganda/etc. you had to do to get your support way up.

I have more fond memories of that game than I do of Empire at War.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

TheBigBad posted:

I love TFU. I thought it was a wicked smart idea to drop you into a game with exaggerated force powers playing the man himself- Vader. They got him right, the way he walked at a brisk pace, every saber stroke was a power move. It was fun from beginning to end. Seconded by Jedi Knight Academy multiplayer. X Wing Alliance had its day in the sun.

Least favorite was TFU2. It's nothing new, and an abortion of a storyline to boot. TFU was hard enough to suspend belief but this- thank god 3 got canceled.

If only you were Darth Vader for the whole game.

Darth Vader is the most popular Star Wars character of all time. Making a game where you're Darth Vader and you go around slaughtering Jedi is such a no-brainer.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iBJYWZkhTg&feature=player_embedded

A massive 2+ hour fan documentary for ANH (He's also done ESB and RotJ documentaries)

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Favorite would probably have to be Battlefront 2. I don't know how many hours I'e spent on that game. KotoR 2 would be a close second with Empire at War taking third. My least favorite would have to be TFU 2. It was just too over-the-top and way too short.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

VaultAggie posted:

Favorite would probably have to be Battlefront 2. I don't know how many hours I'e spent on that game. KotoR 2 would be a close second with Empire at War taking third. My least favorite would have to be TFU 2. It was just too over-the-top and way too short.

Battlefront 2 and Rouge Squadron as easily my favorites.

Least favorite? Some lovely GBA game based on Episode 2.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Bene Elim posted:

Oh yes, but they're still going to name drop them. There WILL be a big gently caress-off statue of Carth somewhere with a 'best guy EVER!' plaque on it. Revan will still be wildly important for some reason or other, and it's already confirmed that Bastilla's great great (etc.) grand-daughter is TOR's Yoda and that HK is returning as some kind of 5-man raid boss.
Where was all this confirmed?

quote:

I'm most pissed off about KotORII being missed out as they're taking the main plot element of TOR (i.e. invasion by a long hidden Sith Empire) directly from TSL (Kreia's 'True Sith'). Not even acknowledging that they've done that is a bit dickish IMO.

And yet you don't know if this is true. You're making assumptions and just want to be mad about this.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

It's all about The Empire Strikes Back on Atari 2600, friends.

Serious answer: TIE Fighter is my favorite. I should throw together a DOS machine and play through it again sometime.

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson

Gammatron 64 posted:

Least favorite? Some lovely GBA game based on Episode 2.

Oh gently caress the Episode II GBA game. I had almost forgotten about that. Was it side-scrolling? Cause there were actually a couple of games based off of it. There was Attack of the Clones, and then there was a 3D game called The New Droid Army that had cortosis droids or some such nonsense.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Ninja_Orca posted:

Oh gently caress the Episode II GBA game. I had almost forgotten about that. Was it side-scrolling? Cause there were actually a couple of games based off of it. There was Attack of the Clones, and then there was a 3D game called The New Droid Army that had cortosis droids or some such nonsense.

You just went forward, killed a bad guy, walked forward some more, killed another bad guy... it's literally one of the worst games I have ever played.

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson

Gammatron 64 posted:

You just went forward, killed a bad guy, walked forward some more, killed another bad guy... it's literally one of the worst games I have ever played.

Ah, that one. I have to agree with your sentiments.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

RagnarokAngel posted:

Where was all this confirmed?

I'll admit I'm posturing (and exaggerating) on Carth and Revan, and technically, no. There hasn't been any kind of confirmation on the 'True Sith' being the Sith Empire in this game, however it is generally accepted as fact by the TOR forums fanbase, no-one can really see a way for it to not be, and none of the devs has shot it down yet.

As for Bastilla's distant descendant, may I introduce Jedi Grand Master Satele Shan.

Revan does feature as the focus for this quest chain. Watch to the end to see HK-47 (or a robot with a similar design and exactly the same voice and manerisms).

Bene Elim fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 4, 2011

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Bene Elim posted:

As for Bastilla's distant descendant, may I introduce Jedi Grand Master Satele Shan.

Not only is she descended from Bastila, but Bastila's baby-daddy was Revan.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Favorite: Rebel Assault

Least Favorite: that A New Hope gameboy (pre-color) game, that tried to work in side-scrolling platforming/exploration, top-down shooting/travel, and first-person gunnery topics.

With a gameboy cartridge's resources.

I haven't actually played many of the games, now that I think about it. :shobon:

KaosFactor
Dec 10, 2000

Rommel Rommel
The best SW game was the old sit in, line drawing assault the Death Star arcade game from the early 80s.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
How about the SW game you wasted the most money on? I'm going to go ahead and post for Joe Don Baker: Star Wars Trilogy arcade, holy crap dude, I'm sure I've seen you dump atleast a thousand dollars in quarters into that toilet.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Muppetjedi posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iBJYWZkhTg&feature=player_embedded

A massive 2+ hour fan documentary for ANH (He's also done ESB and RotJ documentaries)

Watching this right now, it's incredibly well-made for a fan doc. Where did he get all the interviews from?

And Ralph McQuarrie is seriously the greatest. This image right here is the most badass loving thing. How is this not on my wall right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

My A New Hope t-shirt is actually like super comfortable and I wear it all time. It's like some weird space-age fabric.