Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

-Atom- posted:

Howard killed it on Letterman, too bad we don't get that kind of energy on the show.

To be fair, it was the same stories he tells on the show just with more energy.

Wasn't very impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Howard was awesome on Letterman

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Wasn't very impressed.

The dude is the most honest person on any television show basically. If everyone went onto Late Night with the lucidity of Stern maybe it wouldn't be such an rear end kissing fest with no content.

I understand the show sucks lately and the guy has a massive amount of internal problems but he never fails to entertain when he's on TV.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Plus there is a guy that gets on so much it blows my mind, and he has nothing noteworthy to say. He calls the Wrap Up show as well.

Mark in Boston, who got on multiple times a day back during the 5 hour show and got loving McCartney tickets?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Astro7x posted:

Wasn't very impressed.

As far as a guest on late night television, Howard loving destroyed.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

-Atom- posted:

As far as a guest on late night television, Howard loving destroyed.

Fine, I'll give you that!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Watching the interview - Howard actually looks great. His clothing actually fits - he looks sharp/

PS - the Bill Carter book is really great.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
I thought this was kind of a funny tweet by Howard,

@JohnStamos John...I have no idea how to work twitter...help. I'm feeling very out of it.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
JD has 35,000 followers on twitter. Lord have mercy.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
minutely updates, and hours long discussion on howards amount of followers should be a great addition to the show.

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso
Man, you people are difficult to impress. It's not like I'm in side-splitting laughter the entire time I'm listening to the show, but it definitely makes me smile and brings my mood up every time I get in the car. I am super grateful he extended the contract another 5 years, because I was sorta/kinda getting into panic mode thinking about having no Howard in the morning.

Also, I don't have any issues with Jon Hein at all. Benjy is the one that gives me douche chills like nothing else on this goddamned Earth.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Streebs posted:

I thought this was kind of a funny tweet by Howard,

@JohnStamos John...I have no idea how to work twitter...help. I'm feeling very out of it.

@Howard Stern - Watching you from backstage. you look great...Beth says hello

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Montana: Hard to spell.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

liz con queso posted:

Man, you people are difficult to impress. It's not like I'm in side-splitting laughter the entire time I'm listening to the show, but it definitely makes me smile and brings my mood up every time I get in the car. I am super grateful he extended the contract another 5 years, because I was sorta/kinda getting into panic mode thinking about having no Howard in the morning.

Also, I don't have any issues with Jon Hein at all. Benjy is the one that gives me douche chills like nothing else on this goddamned Earth.

I'm the same way. I bet everyone in this thread listens to all 4 hours of the show every day, and we're goons and Stern fans, so we complain because we love.

It will be weird when he's off the air for good.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

liz con queso posted:

It's kind of a requirement for Howard Stern fans to complain about the show. It's just the type of attitude the show brings out in it's fans. Howard complains about everything, isn't it natural for us to complain about him?

I still enjoy the show like you, I don't know what I'd do without him on the radio.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

liz con queso posted:

The bitching seems more apparent because when Artie was in studio they would routinely go off into hilarious tangents. Artie Lange was a lovely comedian, but he perfect for his job in studio and to say the show hasn't taken a direct hit since his departure isn't honest.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
I cant wait for Howard to do a complete 180 on twitter when he realizes what he has to do to get verified.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

-Atom- posted:

The bitching seems more apparent because when Artie was in studio they would routinely go off into hilarious tangents. Artie Lange was a lovely comedian, but he perfect for his job in studio and to say the show hasn't taken a direct hit since his departure isn't honest.

Well, when Artie was on the show a poo poo load of people would just focus their complaints on him. Being a junkie that earns a lot of money makes him an easy target. He was Charlie Sheen before Charlie Sheen.

Edit: poo poo, I forgot about all the hookers Sheen used to get busted with. Man, this guy is a loving nut.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I cant wait for Howard to do a complete 180 on twitter when he realizes what he has to do to get verified.

I'm pretty sure mega-famous people don't need to do much to get their account verified.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

EngineerJoe posted:

I'm pretty sure mega-famous people don't need to do much to get their account verified.

Ya but this is Stern. Even if all he has to do is make or have someone else make a phone call to Twitter, thats going to be enough for him to say "gently caress it"

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

musclecoder posted:

I'm the same way. I bet everyone in this thread listens to all 4 hours of the show every day, and we're goons and Stern fans, so we complain because we love.

It will be weird when he's off the air for good.

I was worried when it wasn't clear he left. I still like the show, just like to wax about the good (artie) old days.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Well, when Artie was on the show a poo poo load of people would just focus their complaints on him. Being a junkie that earns a lot of money makes him an easy target. He was Charlie Sheen before Charlie Sheen.

Edit: poo poo, I forgot about all the hookers Sheen used to get busted with. Man, this guy is a loving nut.

Yeah I bitched about Artie and his constant lying. Ultimately I'm glad he's getting help, as he was long overdue for it.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Millstone posted:

Montana: Hard to spell.

I cannot even imagine the Tweets that came of that typo. It'll be what turns him off of Twitter, for sure.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

How does that work, normally?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Kelly posted:

How does that work, normally?

I guess for a while you could do it some sort of automated way, but now according to their help section:
"How do I get my account verified?

This program is currently closed to the public. If you would like to send feedback, contact us via this form."

The from is just a generic contact us form.

Spice was talking about it on Bubba the other day and said he looked into doing it for the shows twitter and you have to jump through a few hoops. However, I am sure it would be easier for Howard than Bubba.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I guess for a while you could do it some sort of automated way, but now according to their help section:
"How do I get my account verified?

This program is currently closed to the public. If you would like to send feedback, contact us via this form."

The from is just a generic contact us form.

Spice was talking about it on Bubba the other day and said he looked into doing it for the shows twitter and you have to jump through a few hoops. However, I am sure it would be easier for Howard than Bubba.

I thought I remembered Gary saying he never even did anything, and it just showed up, so it must be an arbitrary thing. And I do agree it will be a no-brainer for Howard.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Yeah, I can see them being slow on approving "Spice" over Howard.

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso

Streebs posted:

Howard complains about everything, isn't it natural for us to complain about him?

That's true. I have my complaints about the show at times, but the good far outweighs the bad for me. I would assume that pretty much everybody in this thread would say the same, or else they probably wouldn't be listening to it.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

kylej posted:

JD has 35,000 followers on twitter. Lord have mercy.

His twitter is good though. He's real funny on twitter.

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted

Evil Agita posted:

Howard on Letterman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VW0yUVaN80
ahah I laughed my rear end off when Alan Kalter announced "then stay tuned for the wrap up show with Jon Hein."

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
Uh oh, Sal's drunk again.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

quote:

@GovernaleSal My wife luvs choclate. Gonna warm up a choclo kiss in my pouch and paint her lips brown while she sleeps. She gonna look like arsenio hall.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Add me in as another one who thought the Letterman appearance was actually pretty good, if Howard was like that on his show these days I'd have a lot less to complain about. (But, come on, I'd still complain, it's what we do)

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

quote:

A tic tac. #thingsItriedtostickinmydickhole

_________________/

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Smeep posted:

My wife loves chocolate..........

"Hello, this is Sal Governale. White women don't normally have sex with Black men........"

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I find it funny that Howard isn't following anyone from BTLS's camp on Twitter.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

You know how we are ALWAYS talking about Howard's lovely taste in music? I was at a pep rally at an elementary/middle school the other day, when a song started blaring out over the loudspeaker and the kids went loving apeshit. They were dancing and losing their loving minds because they were so excited to hear this song.

So as I am listening to it, I realize it sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it. At the exact same moment I realized: "Oh hey! Howard went through a stage where he was playing this song" and then, "WTF...this is "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus."

Definitive proof that Howard has the taste of a middle school/elementary school girl.

Moniker posted:

I find it funny that Howard isn't following anyone from BTLS's camp on Twitter.

I wonder if he even knows how to quite yet? It's not the easiest thing to figure out how to find people on there. I'm more well-schooled than the average person who uses Twitter and even I get confused.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

You know how we are ALWAYS talking about Howard's lovely taste in music? I was at a pep rally at an elementary/middle school the other day, when a song started blaring out over the loudspeaker and the kids went loving apeshit. They were dancing and losing their loving minds because they were so excited to hear this song.

So as I am listening to it, I realize it sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it. At the exact same moment I realized: "Oh hey! Howard went through a stage where he was playing this song" and then, "WTF...this is "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus."

Definitive proof that Howard has the taste of a middle school/elementary school girl.

I wonder if he even knows how to quite yet? It's not the easiest thing to figure out how to find people on there. I'm more well-schooled than the average person who uses Twitter and even I get confused.
He's following a lot of other people on there. (like Adam Carolla :smithicide: )

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Moniker posted:

He's following a lot of other people on there. (like Adam Carolla :smithicide: )

I don't think he is following Robin, either.

Man, he is tweeting up a storm.

http://twitter.com/howardstern

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I don't think we've asked in here, who of you guys have twitter accounts? Lets all be pals and follow each other!

Mine is @ericellenbrook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Moniker posted:

I don't think we've asked in here, who of you guys have twitter accounts? Lets all be pals and follow each other!

Mine is @ericellenbrook

Oh fun!

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 25, 2012