Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groan Zone
Nov 21, 2004

chug-a-lug, donna
http://twitter.com/groanzone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Did Eric the midget really die? I haven't listened in years but today I was listening to old ETM calls on youtube ("There goes Super Fly Snuka...ITS THE BAT") and all the comments said RIP Eric.... furious googling has me thinking it was a joke, but I seriously almost cried.

edit I laughed so hard I just reupped internet for 5 months

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 5, 2011

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kelly posted:

Thought this was funny:

http://gawker.com/5752791/matt-drudge-joins-twitter

Matt Drudge listens to Howard?

gently caress.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Gotta find steal your "news" from somewhere.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

chiz posted:

howard tweets

If there are 100,000 followers by cocktail hour I will get Beth drunk and take a picture of her in her thong.

fuuuuck, there are ninety thousand and it's four PM hope we get there, I wanna see this

Am I the only one who thinks this is a ploy by Howard to say on Monday, "I signed up for twitter on (whatever day it was) and I already have over 100,000 followers, you know I am # 1!!!!!"

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Howard posted a pic of Beth's pussy.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Howard's great on Twitter. It's fun to hear from the "real" Howard.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

scapulataf posted:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a ploy by Howard to say on Monday, "I signed up for twitter on (whatever day it was) and I already have over 100,000 followers, you know I am # 1!!!!!"

No I think its going to cause a bunch of conversations to the tune of "Robin can you believe (insert name here) has (insert number more that Howard's) more followers then me?!!!!!!!!

Oh you guys should also go ahead and follow Bubba. He is close to 50,000 followers and when they hit it I am pretty sure he will post a steamy Heather picture.

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 5, 2011

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

By the way can this go in the OP? Like at the top? :)

I never gave a poo poo about Twitter other than to read Conan O'Brien's tweets and now I care about it thanks to this post basically.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He seems to be verified now, too :-]

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

AltronHGX posted:

By the way can this go in the OP? Like at the top? :)

Ya I have a few other things to add to the OP as well.

News about Carolla.
What seems to be the Sirius/XM standard of offering no money to anyone continues to bite them in the rear end.
They basically offered Adam zero to simulcast his show. Adam was on a local Cali radio show and talked about it.
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/?pod...ue&dcid=CBS.SAC

Starts around the 9 minute mark. Also interesting stuff about Tim Sabian.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
He did throw up some pics from a shoot that Beth did. She looks pretty ridiculous in them, especially for approaching 40.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

howardstern via twitter posted:

.I am a man of my word but cocktail hour has commenced. The official number right now is 93,419. Don't mean to disappoint but a deals a deal
about 2 hours ago via web

Integrity.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Took Howard two days to reach 100,000 followers.

Not bad.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

He posted pics of Beth but they were a real let down. It was a bunch of her modelling pics, about as erotic as looking at a SEARS ad. Bubba's candid shots of his wife's rear end are a million times better.

I feel like a basement dwelling creep now, thanks Howard Stern megathread,

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Ya I have a few other things to add to the OP as well.

News about Carolla.
What seems to be the Sirius/XM standard of offering no money to anyone continues to bite them in the rear end.
They basically offered Adam zero to simulcast his show. Adam was on a local Cali radio show and talked about it.
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/?pod...ue&dcid=CBS.SAC

Starts around the 9 minute mark. Also interesting stuff about Tim Sabian.

"Hey, I got Carolla interested in broadcasting his popular podcast! How much should we pay?"

"Pay? He should be grateful for the boost that we give him!"

They pay Riley more than Adam Carolla. Holy poo poo.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
aw come on guys, he saw that he didnt have the hundred thousand but still posted something, dont be hard on him.

Dont forget, he loves us as much as he does anyone.

Im not being sarcasstic, I really think it was sweet of him

:gay:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Guys, seriously, twitter is cool and Beth is hot and everything, but seriously, did Eric the Midget die? I have to know.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Ribsauce posted:

Guys, seriously, twitter is cool and Beth is hot and everything, but seriously, did Eric the Midget die? I have to know.

no it's a joke

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

sedative posted:

no it's a joke

That's really hosed up of you to speak ill of the dead. He's gone, let him rest in peace.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

sedative posted:

no it's a joke
Awesome. I heard he quit calling the show though. I haven't listened since at least 8 months before Artie tried to kill himself, can't wait to hear how it is has changed, although my favorite part (ETM calling, Artie breaking his balls) obviously won't happen anymore :(

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Crotch Bat posted:

That's really hosed up of you to speak ill of the dead. He's gone, let him rest in peace.

Seriously, Crotch Bat is right, quit all the Eric is still alive poo poo. It's great that he out lived the doctors diagnosis, but keeping him "alive" for the sake of a joke is just sick.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003
Anyone need a Starmate 4 for Sirius?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I just hope somehow this leads to more Gange or JD ball busting.
Or Grillo.

You know what? I want everyone of the staffers to get their balls busted because it's hilarious radio.

Now Ronnie needs a Twitter. Except he doesn't own a computer.

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
List, because I'm tired:

-Howard was great on Letterman. A+. Real emotion, friendly ribbing, relaxed, funny, and not one but two actual handshakes (I assume the Purell was backstage.)

-I too was disappointed when I learned that the @erictheactor Twitter was not legit, but the guy is so good at lampooning Eric that it's definitely worth a follow.

-Two things about Howard on Twitter: a) I'm shocked at how quickly he's adapted to it and that he seems to know what he's doing and how to use it (I wonder who coached him before he got it rolling). b) I am more shocked that @HowardStern was not already taken.

-Here is a list of all the Twitter accounts posted thus far. Notable omissions: Mad Doctor Cthulhu and...uh...actually just the Mad Dr. Come on now! I need your crazy conspiracy theories tweeted at me on a regular basis, dude!

Mine is @DonSaf. I mostly just follow and reply to people who will never see what I'm saying to them, but if you scratch my back yadda yadda. Anyway, here's the list:

Moniker: @ericellenbrook
Kelly: @kellyisnotcool
Burden: @ItsjustDaniel
Joe Don Baker: @joedonbaker
-Atom-: @da_dorr
picosecond: @his_panic
lynch_69: @lynch_69
flickmaker: @reallymatt
Bort Hanks: @groanzone
Skitz: @DonSaf

Skitz fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 6, 2011

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Added everyone who added me & everyone else in the list. I'm happy Howard is good at Twitter. However, people will be assholes and drive him away. :-(

Skitz
Apr 11, 2003

Your mommy kills animals! I bet you didn't know that.
That's what I'm afraid of. I wonder what the reaction was to the Beth pics.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Skitz posted:

-Here is a list of all the Twitter accounts posted thus far. Notable omissions: Mad Doctor Cthulhu and...uh...actually just the Mad Dr. Come on now! I need your crazy conspiracy theories tweeted at me on a regular basis, dude!

You think I can be limited to 140 characters for my conspiracy theories?

But seriously, I have nothing to Twitter about. I'm glad Howard found himself on it, but I'm too loving verbose.

Grabulon
Jul 25, 2003

So when you say Howard "gets Twitter", what does that even mean?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
My Twitter account is @leftnode but it's mainly about software :)

I'll be interested to see what Howard thinks on Monday about using Twitter. It definitely fits him better than Facebook.

He gets it because it's just a place to write down your inane thoughts, post pictures, etc.

I think someone registered @HowardStern a long time ago specifically so they could be the person to give him the name if he ever got on. If you search for "howard stern" on Twitter, there's a bunch of accounts like "theRealHoward" and "howardThe_Real" and what not. Each of their About Me section is like "contact me@address.com if you're really Howard and want to claim this account."

fuzzi
Oct 14, 2002
@notfuzzi

I mainly just log when I go to the gym and other times when I'm not home so people can break in my house.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

@foghelmut

I may have "twatted" once.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Grabulon posted:

So when you say Howard "gets Twitter", what does that even mean?

It means he understands how to use it to just dump random thoughts and have public chats with people. Some try to always have awesome one-liners constantly, or exclusively use it for promotion.

Robin's a perfect example of someone who doesn't get it- http://twitter.com/#!/rqui

Restating the same thing several times, boring promotions, and responding to people without retweeting so it's out of context and useless. Just scroll down her page and scroll down Howard's, that's why he gets it and she doesn't.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 6, 2011

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

You think I can be limited to 140 characters for my conspiracy theories?

You could make it work and it would be great.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

rqi posted:

Howard just rocked the house on letterman. It's must see tv.

That would have been a great quote Robin if it was a) 1996 and b) Letterman was still on NBC.

rqi posted:

New cat Leroy. Lived with the name for a while but I want to change it. Suggestions please.

Yep. Nothing confusing at all to a newly adopted animal like calling it something different then what it's been called it's whole life.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Can't have a cat named Leroy and make over 100k a year.

moregontrail
Mar 31, 2005
I drink alone, George Thorogood style
I actually think that Robin's twitter isn't half bad. She always has some good one liners on the show. It's only when you are exposed to long doses of her that you realize how annoying and far gone she really is.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

moregontrail posted:

I actually think that Robin's twitter isn't half bad. She always has some good one liners on the show. It's only when you are exposed to long doses of her that you realize how annoying and far gone she really is.

She also has someone twittering for her on occasion.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

moregontrail posted:

It's just bad in a technical sense. Redundant, and she refuses to copypaste the tweets she's responding too. And the promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Maybe possibly Benjy's twitter.

@Bronk