Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Brothers Brick (via MTV) has the first official look at the PotC sets:

http://www.brothers-brick.com/2011/02/01/lego-pirates-of-the-caribbean-sets-and-video-games-trailer-news/

Good lord they've got baldrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Flavor Bear posted:

Good lord they've got baldrics.

http://gal.darkervision.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/baldrick.thumbnail.jpg

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

No no no.
Not like that.
Like this.

But little and for LEGO men.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
Brickshop.nl Has a listing for the 10219 Maersk train with more pictures. No price yet given. 1200+ pieces.

Hot Pink Justice
Nov 10, 2005

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don't suppose they'd release sets based on the older movies, would they? I really want a Davy Jones minifig.

If these sets do well, I could see one happening. Besides, unless I'm not up to speed with the new movie and they revisit a lot of things, Isla da Muerta is from the first film and The Mill is from the second.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Flavor Bear posted:

No no no.
Not like that.
Like this.

http://sharetv.org/images/blackadder_uk/cast/large/baldrick_season_2.jpg

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

At the very least you know there's going to be a Black Pearl set, which is what has me most excited. Guessing that'll be pretty darn expensive though. Probably something around $150.

Speaking of $150 sets, when are they going to announce the new modular building???

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!

Shuppiluliumas posted:

Brickshop.nl Has a listing for the 10219 Maersk train with more pictures. No price yet given. 1200+ pieces.

The more I see of this set, The more my wallet quakes in fear.

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

Now here's a kid who's whole world got all twisted,
leaving him stranded on a rock in the sky...
Micheal: "This is just like my idea for the new pirates movie."

Jim: "What idea was that?"

Micheal: "That they should make a new pirates movie."

I think I am way too psyched for these sets, and the new movie. Those minifigs are amazing.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Found a Y-Wing set for half off at a brick and mortar lego store. Pretty pleased about that.

e: As an idle by the bye, I wish the Asajj Ventress minifig wasn't like 40 dollars. That is bullshit.

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 3, 2011

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u54pSw3gSEY

hello nurse!

Mascot
Feb 10, 2010
In case anyone who regularly hits up the Orlando LEGO store hasn't realized this yet...the store is undergoing some renovations and will be closed for a few weeks. They've put up a temporary tent-style store around the corner in the Disney Marketplace next to the "Once Upon a Toy" store.

Despite being a tent...they were surprisingly well-stocked on the newest goodies, like the Maersk Ship, Diagon Alley and both new $50 minifig sets.

They've also got a decent sale section going right now:

Undersea Explorer for $12
Shadow Snapper for $9
Tie Defender for $25
Clone Walker Battle Pack for $4
Winter Village Bakery for $30

...and plenty of other odds and ends like magnet sets, keychains, shirts, bags, etc.

I couldn't resist and grabbed two more undersea explorers...$12 for 364 pieces is awesome.

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

For some reason my local super market had a rack of the Series 2 Minifigs. Pulled a spartan and a dracula, aww yeah.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Anyone have a spare or cheap Disco DJ Dude from Series 2 they'd like to sell me? It's a gift for a friend at work who has lots of cool toys on her desk :)

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=95025

Pretty drat reasonable, up on bricklink.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I wasn't really impressed with how "sparse" a lot of the PotC sets look, like the only thing they could think to make was some random piece of scenery composed of 5-10 bricks, but I love how Barbossa comes with an apple in the Isla de Muerta set.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > The Duplo/PlayMobil thread

:doh:

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
No worse than being accused of liking Sticklebricks.

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

That's pretty lovely that they keep changing the thread name.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Joudas posted:

Why? Does it matter?

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003

Joudas posted:

I think it's cute, shows how much attention they really pay to us :)

There seems to be a rash on Flickr lately of people doing vignettes from Clue; this is my favorite, by far.

Joudas
Sep 29, 2005

Lord Commissar posted:

Why? Does it matter?

Well i mean at some point I went "Ohh poo poo a thread about lego, no way" and I clicked on it. I wouldn't have clicked on a thread about sticklebricks or duplo.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Joudas posted:

Well i mean at some point I went "Ohh poo poo a thread about lego, no way" and I clicked on it. I wouldn't have clicked on a thread about sticklebricks or duplo.

I think more people would/will actually click on it out of curiosity.

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
This thread has put a lego bug under my skin, and I've been thinking about decorations for the new place I'm moving to in the fall and I thought "Hey, why not just put video game poo poo on the walls?" I then threw this E tank together and felt an odd sense of accomplishment. I... I fear that were it not for the outrageous price of little plastic bricks I would stockpile them and craft nothing but things like this.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Here is a bunch of stuff from the German toy fair, in case some folks don't read brickset.

Edit -Jesus, definitely watch the last video on the page. It shows Series 5 minifigs.

Oh, Toys N Bricks has a gallery of series 5. Love dat Lumberjack, Jack.

Flavor Bear fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 6, 2011

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Flavor Bear posted:

Here is a bunch of stuff from the German toy fair, in case some folks don't read brickset.

Edit -Jesus, definitely watch the last video on the page. It shows Series 5 minifigs.

Holy crap that Earth Command Vehicle is badass in Alien Conquest.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Holy gently caress that dwarf/viking looks so :black101: The graduate and the cave woman look pretty rad too. It looks like they're repeating some figures though like the pop star and the snowboarder.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
That gladiator's sword is so boss. So is the gangster's violin case.
gently caress series 4, I want 5 now.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

LEGO is really trying to get the most out of that string they made for the series 3 fisherman fig.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I really hope they get some use out of that clown's bowler, too.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Flavor Bear posted:

Holy crap, this is the first series where I need every single one :(

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Alien Conquest command truck has another Nabii Vic Viper, bought on sight.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I have to confess something.
With every wave of minfigs, I look at them and think "How can these be used to make a giant zombie apocalypse MOC?"
And, well, that lumberjack's axe just gets me all tingly.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Lord Commissar posted:

Why? Does it matter?

I didn't have it bookmarked and missed it for a while

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Before long the title will be completely arbitrary; "Lincoln Logs Cause Cancer According to Goon MILFs," "Persistent Halitosis and You," "Religious Fraternity Pledges to Save Owls."

Anyway, some minor progress that makes me wish I had more dark green:

And I'm hoping my bundle from Shopgoodwill.com will be arriving early this week, I'm anxious to see what I got.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Oh man, I really have to get back to my LEGOs, I've been too busy with life and stuff...

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Yay! My lot from Shopgoodwill.com arrived! And it's full of surprises:

This is easily $20 in Brickforge/Brickarms parts. The red spartan helmet was the first thing that caught my eye before I even started sorting, and I must admit, I was anxious to see if there was matching chest armor. Then I found the green ones, but no matching helmet. Disappointed, I continued on and found a decent selection of weapons (though I think the rifle with the textured grip isn't Brickarms or Brickforge). There was also some Halo Megablocks mixed in. No figures, but part of a Ghost and 3 weapons (upper right corner). The trek-ish pistols look like Brickarms, but they don't quite match what's on their site so I'm not sure.

All in all, it was quite a surprising thing. I expected the megablocks, but these are really nice. I'm strongly tempted to buy more after examining these up close.

Additionally, I've kinda always wanted some orcs, and I got some!

Can anyone identify the gold statue? I'm pretty sure it's official Lego and from an Indiana Jones set. Anyway, if anyone is interested I'll go into more detail when my other lot from ebay arrives. So far it's a pretty huge variety in good and bad ways.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

InfinEight posted:

Can anyone identify the gold statue? I'm pretty sure it's official Lego and from an Indiana Jones set.
Yep, it's from the temple escape set. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=62713

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Joudas posted:

I find it really amusing. It's only temporary and any regulars likely have it bookmarked. What will the mods change it to next!?

psyman fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Feb 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Galidor Thread.