Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Robin thinks that she is a thousand times more important than she really is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

chiz posted:

...and this is as true as when she is on Twitter, or on the show, or in her living room, etc etc.

Can you imagine being friends with a person like Robin? Granted, celebrities are going to be self-absorbed no matter what, but it sounds like she was nuts even back in the day.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

...and this is as true as when she is on Twitter, or on the show, or in her living room, etc etc.

Can you imagine being friends with a person like Robin? Granted, celebrities are going to be self-absorbed no matter what, but it sounds like she was nuts even back in the day.

I like to think that her hair is a good sign of her madness. I can see her hassling her hairdresser, saying that she wants the dreads tighter and tighter and just speaking over her stylist until, one day, the stylist does exactly as she wants. And snickering when she sees Robin, bravely trying to pull off the Pickles look.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I was looking on Dog Star Radio for the Backspin playlist and I can't find it anywhere. Now, I have XM in my both my cars - I don't have Sirius any longer. Is Backspin not available on Sirius?

Edit: Found my answer - but weird:

quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BackSpin

On the Sirius receivers in the US and Canada, the channel is incorrectly labeled as Pop2K, which can be heard on XM channel 30 and on Sirius internet radio SIR-6.

How the hell does a channel get labeled wrong?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I like to think that her hair is a good sign of her madness. I can see her hassling her hairdresser, saying that she wants the dreads tighter and tighter and just speaking over her stylist until, one day, the stylist does exactly as she wants. And snickering when she sees Robin, bravely trying to pull off the Pickles look.

This is absolutely what I think probably happened with her hair. The stylish knows it's no good, but you know how that goes....gotta give the client what she wants!

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 6, 2011

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second

chiz posted:

Sometimes I get the idea that Robin knows she's a superfluous hanger-on. That might explain her weird-rear end interjections about drinking green slime and stuff -- she's trying to be more relevant to the show.

Maybe she doesn't realize how much Robin is too much? When she plays straight man to Howard & throws out an occasional one-liner, then just reads the news & occasionally jumps in on the goofing, she's fine. When she tries to be a big part of the show, she's unlistenable. But if she's truly as narcissistic as Dr. Drew says, then maybe she thinks her verbal diarrhea is gold.

I haven't watched Vegucating Robin yet. Dare I? Is it the train wreck I imagine it to be?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Kelly posted:

How the hell does a channel get labeled wrong?

Pop2k was a channel that debuted with the new Sirus/XM line up after the merger. It was basically a channel to play all pop and dance tunes from 2000 - current.

Backspin was brought back after many compaints a few months after the merger and replaced that channel. I'm guessing a push to update the radio firmware was too expensive/time consuming to deal with.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Bonzo posted:

Pop2k was a channel that debuted with the new Sirus/XM line up after the merger. It was basically a channel to play all pop and dance tunes from 2000 - current.

Backspin was brought back after many compaints a few months after the merger and replaced that channel. I'm guessing a push to update the radio firmware was too expensive/time consuming to deal with.

I still have Pop2K as well, though - it exists. Weird they can't "fix" it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

This is absolutely what I think probably happened with her hair. The stylish knows it's no good, but you know how that goes....gotta give the client what she wants!

On the bright side, this means any wig that she'll get will probably be atrocious.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Reading John Hein's tweets makes me really dislike him.

What a weird motherfucker.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
Is Howard going back on Piers Morgan's show? I missed the first time he was on but Piers says he is on Twitter

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

pkd88 posted:

Is Howard going back on Piers Morgan's show? I missed the first time he was on but Piers says he is on Twitter

Piers is going to be on the show tomorrow...that's all I know about.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

On the bright side, this means any wig that she'll get will probably be atrocious.

Her wig will be born of homeless children kidnapped to be sacrificed for their hair.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Fergie's whole rear end in a top hat is hanging out of her skirt during the halftime show. The 3 black guys just got done loving her too.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Quick turn on the halftime show! Her whole rear end in a top hat is hanging out!!

gently caress BEATEN

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Kelly posted:

Piers is going to be on the show tomorrow...that's all I know about.

Her wig will be born of homeless children kidnapped to be sacrificed for their hair.

Hair is just dead skin isn't it?
Perhaps its made from the removed skin from the mutilated genitals of Eretiean children. Thats why she was trying to raise so much money for them a few years ago.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

musclecoder posted:

Fergie's whole rear end in a top hat is hanging out of her skirt during the halftime show. The 3 black guys just got done loving her too.

Five if you count Usher and Slash!

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Kelly posted:

But she will adopt and rename all the children and have them live in a house she forgot she purchased.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Kelly posted:

Slash!

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Kelly posted:

Five if you count Usher and Slash!

One of those is a mulatto

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Is it sad that my only investment in the Superbowl is the Steelers losing so John Hein can be disappointed?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

-Atom- posted:

Is it sad that my only investment in the Superbowl is the Steelers losing so John Hein can be disappointed?

He is the worst kind of smug fan. Is he from Pittsburgh? Did he attend school there? Does he have any kind of connection? It always really bothers me when someone randomly becomes a fan of a team like that. Nothing would please me more than to know he is one of those fans.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Me Too. Sport nuts, especially NFL nuts are awful human beings.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

musclecoder posted:

I was waiting for Howard to post something on twitter about fergie's rear end in a top hat and was very disappointed.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Streebs posted:

I was waiting for Howard to post something on twitter about fergie's rear end in a top hat and was very disappointed.

Yankee fans are the worst of them.

Edit: Removed smiley, I mean it.

Wooty fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 7, 2011

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kelly posted:

He is the worst kind of smug fan. Is he from Pittsburgh? Did he attend school there? Does he have any kind of connection? It always really bothers me when someone randomly becomes a fan of a team like that. Nothing would please me more than to know he is one of those fans.

When the Jets played the Steelers and lost, Gary said the weirdest thing about how 'it wasn't uncomfortable' coming in the following day to congratulate John Hein.

John Hein or Gary do not play professional sports. Why would either congratulate the other on anything? Because they buy tickets and clothing with a teams logo on it? I'm a fan of MMA but even I don't take it that far.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The entire staff sans Artie and Will are sports retarded in practically every facet from playing to general knowledge about said sport to fandom. Gary's that guy who tries to look like he knows about sports but the reality is he knows squat, is completely untalented at playing them and is probably just terrible to be around when a game is actually on.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

Gary's . . . is probably just terrible to be around when a game is actually on.

Because you have to sit on a bar stool.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
GovernaleSal Sal Governale
Hein just puked up his Wendys. Hahahaha

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Unfortunately 3 children will be brutally beaten and raped because of this Steeler's loss. :(

Kt88
Aug 15, 2003
Stern is loving great at Twitter:

"A talking facebook car? can't wait to hear a message from a girl who wouldn't bang me in high school as I crash into a wall."

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

Unfortunately 3 children will be brutally beaten and raped because of this Steeler's loss. :(

To prevent this they should put Rothlesberger in one of those electric jackets and have the police follow him.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

-Atom- posted:

When the Jets played the Steelers and lost, Gary said the weirdest thing about how 'it wasn't uncomfortable' coming in the following day to congratulate John Hein.

John Hein or Gary do not play professional sports. Why would either congratulate the other on anything? Because they buy tickets and clothing with a teams logo on it? I'm a fan of MMA but even I don't take it that far.

Jon Hein
"Congrats to the Pack. They deserved the win. Can't turn the ball over like that and win this game. Now I will go burn my clothes."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Kt88 posted:

"A talking facebook car? can't wait to hear a message from a girl who wouldn't bang me in high school as I crash into a wall."

Wow, he's better than I thought he'd be.

pkd88 posted:

To prevent this they should put Rothlesberger in one of those electric jackets and have the police follow him.

That's not who'd be doing it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Hahaha gently caress you John Hein

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Hahaha gently caress you John Hein
I am amazed that he thinks he should comment or make any statement at all

But then I guess we are waiting for him to do so... :)

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Kt88 posted:

I was gonna post this. His super bowl tweets were killing me

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

As much as Stern is not knowledgeable about sports, he nails the whole irrationality of it. I love the Steelers, but getting to the point where I border on psychopathic levels of fandom just doesn't appeal to me at 25 years old anymore, or ever has.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Shes Not Impressed posted:

As much as Stern is not knowledgeable about sports, he nails the whole irrationality of it. I love the Steelers, but getting to the point where I border on psychopathic levels of fandom just doesn't appeal to me at 25 years old anymore, or ever has.

Hahaha don't ever go to a college football game then.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Hahaha don't ever go to a college football game then.

I go to a few NFL games every year and my girlfriend goes to Penn State so I know how retarded people get. I don't go around loathing them or anything, but as I get older it just gets more ridiculous. Maybe I'm just becoming a cranky old piece of poo poo like Howard.

edit: I just remembered Sal donating to the pedophile charity in Hein's name and it's still one of the best pranks.

Shes Not Impressed fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 7, 2011

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

Crotch Bat posted:

The entire staff sans Artie and Will are sports retarded in practically every facet from playing to general knowledge about said sport to fandom. Gary's that guy who tries to look like he knows about sports but the reality is he knows squat, is completely untalented at playing them and is probably just terrible to be around when a game is actually on.

Wasn't Artie a huge loving psycho about the Yankees? Constantly bagging on every other team/person on staff about how many rings the Yankees have and constantly referring to the Yankees as "we" like the fat rear end loser somehow contributed? I'd say that Artie was the biggest sports psycho on staff. Also, didn't Artie suck at sports? I know he talked a huge game, but the guy was a huge whale of a man and there is a youtube clip of him out there making a jerk of himself playing softball or something. It doesn't matter if you played sports when you were 12 and were really good at them, if you weigh 300+ pounds (of fat, not muscle) you shouldn't be acting like you are an amazing athlete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Can I get in on the Twitter love fest?

You can get me on @dadaknowsbest :)