Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Oh god Piers Morgan is insufferable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Followed. This first hour of the show has actually been good so far. He had the Super Bowl and Twitter to talk about

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sirius is horrible.

They cut off my internet stream and are billing me for it, even though I had 3 months free internet from December, and paid out for the rest of the year after that.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Moniker posted:

Followed. This first hour of the show has actually been good so far. He had the Super Bowl and Twitter to talk about

Also the Letterman appearance. The show was better because they had some stuff to talk about for a change. The clip with Regis talking about Howard was pretty funny, too.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Ribsauce posted:

I was gonna post this. His super bowl tweets were killing me

If you look at the timeline, JD actually made this joke just before Howard did. JD's twitter is great.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

USMC_Karl posted:

Wasn't Artie a huge loving psycho about the Yankees? Constantly bagging on every other team/person on staff about how many rings the Yankees have and constantly referring to the Yankees as "we" like the fat rear end loser somehow contributed? I'd say that Artie was the biggest sports psycho on staff. Also, didn't Artie suck at sports? I know he talked a huge game, but the guy was a huge whale of a man and there is a youtube clip of him out there making a jerk of himself playing softball or something. It doesn't matter if you played sports when you were 12 and were really good at them, if you weigh 300+ pounds (of fat, not muscle) you shouldn't be acting like you are an amazing athlete.

Did you see that dude last page that quoted me and said Yankee fans are the worst? Well Artie epitomizes the terrible Yankee fan stereotype. Also despite watching baseball for his entire life, and holding season tickets, he doesn't know the game that well.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mtbk6XeHIY

I totally forgot about this video. God it's so funny

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

sedative posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mtbk6XeHIY

I totally forgot about this video. God it's so funny

Artie's infectious laughter is there too. It is a beautiful moment.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

Kelly posted:

He is the worst kind of smug fan. Is he from Pittsburgh? Did he attend school there? Does he have any kind of connection? It always really bothers me when someone randomly becomes a fan of a team like that. Nothing would please me more than to know he is one of those fans.

Steelers fans are the worst, and Hein is little better than most, but I do give him a pass because he seems to be a legitimate fan of the city's sports teams in that he is a Pirates fan, also. The Pirates are terrible, and arguably are one of the worst franchises in baseball. Being a devoted fan of that team at least shows you aren't a bandwagon fan. The severe majority -- and it's probably over 90% -- of Steelers fans are simply bandwagon fans. They can't name more than a half dozen players. They couldn't care less about the Pirates, because the Pirates aren't popular. They're caught up in this mystique about the franchise and its history but they know nothing about the teams of the past. But none of this stops them from waving those Terrible Towels!

Also, http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2011/01/haters-guide-to-the-postseason-pittsburgh-steelers-afc-2nd-seed.html

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Artie's infectious laughter is there too. It is a beautiful moment.

as is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1IrQLAcTH8&feature=related (audio only)

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Streebs posted:

Did you see that dude last page that quoted me and said Yankee fans are the worst? Well Artie epitomizes the terrible Yankee fan stereotype. Also despite watching baseball for his entire life, and holding season tickets, he doesn't know the game that well.

Not to mention he's only a GIANTS fan when they win the Super Bowl and the rest of the time he can't correctly identify their long term major players. He really was a case of knowing .02 more about sports than Howard so therefore being attributed as the Manly Sports Guy on the show.

Butthole Prince posted:

Steelers fans are the worst, and Hein is little better than most, but I do give him a pass because he seems to be a legitimate fan of the city's sports teams in that he is a Pirates fan, also. The Pirates are terrible, and arguably are one of the worst franchises in baseball. Being a devoted fan of that team at least shows you aren't a bandwagon fan. The severe majority -- and it's probably over 90% -- of Steelers fans are simply bandwagon fans. They can't name more than a half dozen players. They couldn't care less about the Pirates, because the Pirates aren't popular. They're caught up in this mystique about the franchise and its history but they know nothing about the teams of the past. But none of this stops them from waving those Terrible Towels!

And most of them are from places other than Pittsburgh and are such big Steelers fans they secretly own a Bengals jersey from that one time 7 years ago when they drafted Carson Palmer and they seemed like they might be good at some point.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Sports may just be the greatest sociological experiment ever devised.
Next to the Howard Stern show.

therapy
Jun 12, 2001

Living the dream
All these people arguing over who's a "true" fan or not are the most retarded fans ever. I like who I like - it shouldn't matter if I grew up there.

Think about how loving arbitrary that is - you pick the team that happened to be closest to you geographically and somehow, that team is superior to other teams in your head. Who gives a poo poo if I like or don't like a team because I grew up liking them? It's all about personal connection poo poo.

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Colorado Rockies because of my dad. He's always been a huge baseball fan, and we lived in Colorado when they started the team in the early 90s. We went opening weekend, and every year we lived there we'd go to a few games and sit in the cheap seats. I'm not a fan, really, according to your definition, but I'd root for them over a team I have no connection to at all.

I hate the Cowboys because I think it's egotistical to call yourself "America's Team" and Jerry Jones is the NFL's equivalent of George Steinbrenner. That's it. Nothing against most of the players (Michael Irvin excepted) or any of the coaches.

Sports fans can be sports fans however they want - you don't need a photographic memory of who played 2nd base for the Tigers in 1979 to call yourself a baseball fan, just like you don't need to know the names of every actor in a movie to enjoy it.

Let people enjoy poo poo whether or not they have as deep a "dedication" to it as you do.

This is admittedly hypocritical of me because I can't stand listening to technology discussions on the show because nobody knows anything and they all claim to be some kind of expert.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

And most of them are from places other than Pittsburgh and are such big Steelers fans they secretly own a Bengals jersey from that one time 7 years ago when they drafted Carson Palmer and they seemed like they might be good at some point.

To be fair, Palmer was good until the Steelers put a dirty hit on him and destroyed his career.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Smeep posted:

It's a piece of poo poo. It's an XLR.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Speaking of who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress, in the category of Past Stern Guests, can you guess who this person is?

godzirraRAWR
Sep 11, 2003

godzirra will trample your scrotum
Joan Rivers after her last visit to the plastic surgeon?

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Shes Not Impressed posted:

It's a piece of poo poo. It's an XLR.

It's a piece of poo poo go look at the Dodge Challenger!

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

godzirraRAWR posted:

Joan Rivers after her last visit to the plastic surgeon?

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Smeep posted:

Speaking of who gives a poo poo who gives a gently caress, in the category of Past Stern Guests, can you guess who this person is?

That girl from 3's company or someone playing rocky in mask 2?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Mrs. Bighead from Rocko's Modern Life

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

therapy posted:

All these people arguing over who's a "true" fan or not are the most retarded fans ever. I like who I like - it shouldn't matter if I grew up there.

Think about how loving arbitrary that is - you pick the team that happened to be closest to you geographically and somehow, that team is superior to other teams in your head. Who gives a poo poo if I like or don't like a team because I grew up liking them? It's all about personal connection poo poo.

Yeah, that's kind of the point I was making though. You actually have a connection to a team, which is why you (and most people) are fans of those teams.

But none of the current Steelers fans I know personally (and Facebook lets you identify these affiliations more easily than in ye olde days when you had to actually drop some cash on a jersey) were Steelers fans when I knew them 20 years ago, and none of them have any reason to be Steelers fans except for Super Bowl Success.

FogHelmut posted:

To be fair, Palmer was good until the Steelers put a dirty hit on him and destroyed his career.

He also was saddled with Marv Lewis (Our motto: "Yes he might be 60-67-1 on his career but thanks to those pics he has of the owner with a goat, unfireable") which pretty much ruined any chance of success too.

Smeep posted:

Hey I just read 6 pages of "Goon Twitter Meetup Chat" so I'm going to have some sports fan sperging, thank you.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 7, 2011

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Anyone think that Howard is going to break down and fill the Artie chair?

He claims he doesn't need anyone in there but will Howard do it to take some of the comedic load off of himself OR is he too lazy to bother?

I mean it's five more years, he's got to be thinking something on the subject

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
How do people not realize that wigger is a racist term.

If you are a fan of a team that I don't like, your team has the worst fans.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

pkd88 posted:

Red Sox fans are the best fans.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

pkd88 posted:

I was JUST listening to that on the Wrap Up Show and had the same thought.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

pkd88 posted:

YO YO MY DAD DIDN'T VISIT ME ONE SUNDAY

I'm guessing the best term for that stereotype would be rear end in a top hat.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

LOVE that Howard called out the people who have their assistants make calls for them. It's such a power bullshit move. I work at a talent agency, and they all do it. No one can make their own calls. I'm not talking about when they're in the car or out of the office; this is literally when they're sitting in their office and they want to talk to someone they have the assistant call and then they put the callee on hold while the agent picks up the phone. "Hold for so-and-so please."

Actually, I would have bet that Howard would be one of those types, but I'm glad to hear he's not. The thing is, everyone knows that's it's bullshit and lame. It impresses no one, and annoys pretty much everyone. So I don't know why it continues.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Kelly posted:

I was JUST listening to that on the Wrap Up Show and had the same thought.

Saying wigger is the same as saying the n word

Quick, attack on twitter!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

pkd88 posted:

Saying wigger is the same as saying the n word

Quick, attack on twitter!

Seriously though, where I am from in NJ it's a pretty offensive word that'll get you an rear end kicking if you say it. Not sure in other places what the story is.

Smeep posted:

Is that really Suzanne Sommers? She looks horrific.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 7, 2011

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kelly posted:

Seriously though, where I am from in NJ it's a pretty offensive word that'll get you an rear end kicking if you say it. Not sure in other places what the story is.

In Houston its not offensive at all. Its the South though so that's all you need to know as to why its not.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
Don't hate on Chet. He will not hesitate to put a ski-pole right up your peehole.

Even with stern's recent softness, today's show was a homerun.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

Streebs posted:

Didn't mean to single you out or anything, so sorry if it came off that way. I just wanted to vent that cause it always pissed me off when Artie would challenge someone to basketball/running/anything active at all, only to have everyone on staff chime in in support of great superstar Artie. I'm pretty sure any normal person could beat the hell out of Artie, in any sport, without breaking a sweat.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

Is that really Suzanne Sommers? She looks horrific.

Apparently:

http://www.contactmusic.com/photos.nsf/main/suzanne_somers_5596836

quote:

Caption: Suzanne Somers (Picture) appears on CTV's 'The Marilyn Denis Show' to promote her latest book 'Sexy Forever' Toronto, Canada
lmao

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

USMC_Karl posted:

Didn't mean to single you out or anything, so sorry if it came off that way. I just wanted to vent that cause it always pissed me off when Artie would challenge someone to basketball/running/anything active at all, only to have everyone on staff chime in in support of great superstar Artie. I'm pretty sure any normal person could beat the hell out of Artie, in any sport, without breaking a sweat.

No, I agree, Artie used to act like he was captain of the football team and it was absurd. He is also a terrible sports fan; for me it was worse listening to him talk about the Yankees than it is listening to Howard or Robin talk about sports.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Smeep posted:

Looks like someone put Cameron Diaz in a microwave

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Howard and Robin a) didnt know that people tailgated at sporting events until recently, and b) dont understand why people do it. How is Artie worse than that?

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I think we can all agree that anyone who is or has ever been on the show is a loving mess of a human.

edit:

vvvv exception that proves the rule

Smeep fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Smeep posted:

I think we can all agree that anyone who is or has ever been on the show is a loving mess of a human.

Not George Takei. He is the best human.