Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Chrome canary updated today, now this is happening, it happens on the quick reply box also.

Thread highlighting is broken also

kri kri fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

kri kri posted:

Chrome canary updated today, now this is happening, it happens on the quick reply box also.

Thread highlighting is broken also

I fixed this with a reinstall. A bit annoying, but it cleared up easily enough.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Reinstalling Chrome or SALR?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

I don't know about Captain Capacitor, but I reinstalled both - after moving my user data offsystem and uninstalling (and deleting the remaining Chrome folder structure!) - and it didn't work.

EDIT: Under Dev Channel 10.0.648.45. I don't know about Stable or Beta.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 9, 2011

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Gah it's broken as hell on the latest OSX build (think I'm on dev...). Just going to have to wait it out, this is Chrome, not the extension.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
I'm on Chrome Dev for Windows. Not working for me either.

Atrus
Dec 5, 2003

"The ending has not yet been written."

Ask me about CONTRIBUTING TO THE DEATH OF VIDEOGAMES
Checking in that it's not working for me either. I see the address bar icon and menu, but nothing as far as in-browser content functionality.

Chrome: 9.0.597.102
OS X: 10.6.6

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Same here, still. Any idea why it stopped working?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

Same here, still. Any idea why it stopped working?

Dev builds break extension APIs on occasion. On more rare occasions, those regressions make it into beta builds from time to time as well. It hasn't happened in a while, but it happens. I guarantee, the extension will work again on a later build, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do to fix it now.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.
Just installed Chrome for the first time ever today (long-time Firefox user, here) and this port of SALR is great, but is there not a way to shrink HUGE RED custom titles that other posters have? That was one of my favorite things about the Firefox version and I can't find a setting for it here. Thanks! :)

edit: also just noticed that smilies aren't showing up in the Live Preview of the Quick Reply window. Another setting I'm missing or just missing functionality altogether?

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

bazaar apparatus posted:

Just installed Chrome for the first time ever today (long-time Firefox user, here) and this port of SALR is great, but is there not a way to shrink HUGE RED custom titles that other posters have? That was one of my favorite things about the Firefox version and I can't find a setting for it here. Thanks! :)

edit: also just noticed that smilies aren't showing up in the Live Preview of the Quick Reply window. Another setting I'm missing or just missing functionality altogether?
Best to link to a post with a user that has this: It makes it easier to identify the code that needs to be modified.

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Whenever my body starts to feel sick, I just stop being sick and be awesome instead.

Rohaq posted:

Best to link to a post with a user that has this: It makes it easier to identify the code that needs to be modified.

Here's an example (and this isn't even the worst, I've seen much bigger):

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=388121411

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
Here is the bug report regarding problems injecting chrome-extension:// URL resources into web pages, some extra measure of security BS gone awry. There's a workaround that sort of works.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kode54 posted:

Here is the bug report regarding problems injecting chrome-extension:// URL resources into web pages, some extra measure of security BS gone awry. There's a workaround that sort of works.

Hmm...looks like they're working on it as well. I was planning on putting some time aside for SALR either tomorrow night or over the weekend. I'll give the workaround a shot and see, but given that this is a regression and it's only in dev I'm skeptical to toss in the workaround. The manifest can get pretty nitpicky at times. And for the record, works fine in dev on Linux for me (at least today it does).

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Woo, latest dev channel update fixes everything.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Manky posted:

See? I told you guys. :smugbert:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Manky posted:

except for highlighting which threads you've previously posted in.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ADRIEN GRODYS FIFE posted:

except for highlighting which threads you've previously posted in.

No, that was broken because apparently the SQLite API was somewhat abandoned. This is me testing the new implementation.

Ferg fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 17, 2011

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
I've got a new one for you, maybe. When using the Quick Reply box to quote any particular post, making selections on the quoted text with the keyboard is cosmetically broken. Releasing any key causes the quoted text to repaint without the selection highlighted.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

Are you going to do any tweaks regarding the new YOSPOS CSS?

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Another issue found (may have been noted before but I'm not sure):

I have the "Convert Youtube links to inline player" option enabled, and it works great sometimes, but there are a LOT of other times where I click the link to show the player, then I end up scrolling up/down the page and then this white outline box pops up where the video used to be and it won't go away.

I mean, it's REALLY stubborn about staying there, because I can try refreshing the page, clicking away to other pages in the thread, going to the Control Panel, and it just stays there all the time. The only way I have of getting rid of it is going to another non-SA website or closing the tab entirely.

edit: Here, I took a screenshot:

bazaar apparatus fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Feb 23, 2011

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

bazaar apparatus posted:

Another issue found (may have been noted before but I'm not sure):

I have the "Convert Youtube links to inline player" option enabled, and it works great sometimes, but there are a LOT of other times where I click the link to show the player, then I end up scrolling up/down the page and then this white outline box pops up where the video used to be and it won't go away.

I mean, it's REALLY stubborn about staying there, because I can try refreshing the page, clicking away to other pages in the thread, going to the Control Panel, and it just stays there all the time. The only way I have of getting rid of it is going to another non-SA website or closing the tab entirely.

edit: Here, I took a screenshot:

I didn't see it listed in your list of "things I did" so I'll ask: Does the box close when you click on the youtube link again?

bazaar apparatus
Dec 1, 2006

Zorkon posted:

I didn't see it listed in your list of "things I did" so I'll ask: Does the box close when you click on the youtube link again?

Forgot to mention that, but nope it doesn't work. The video comes up in its own frame again, but that white box sticks around. If I have brought the inline player up again and scroll over the white box, the new video frame hides the box but moving up/down or closing the player again leaves the white box just like before.

Here's what it looks like when you scroll back over the box with the player up:

bazaar apparatus fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 23, 2011

Fitret
Mar 25, 2003

We are rolling for the King of All Cosmos!
I'm having some trouble with the jump list. I'm running 9.0.597.98 (I noticed others were having issues too, but it seems like they're on beta builds?). Unchecking items like "Leper's Colony" or "Private Messages" doesn't remove them from the list - they still show up in the jump list. Also, I don't want the jump list to appear in the omni bar only when I'm on a SA webpage - I want it all the time next to the "options" icon (like shown in the OP). I tried toggling the "Show jump list in omnibar" setting, but unchecking it simply removes it altogether. Am I missing something or are these bugs?

Edit: Also, is there any way for sub-sub forums to show all the time? I play WoW and it drives me crazy that this forum doesn't appear on the initial list. I tried bookmarking it, but it doesn't stay there :(

Fitret fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 28, 2011

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Quick request: Can there be some kind of progress spinner when you hit 'quote' and you're waiting for the quote to appear? My connection is lovely at the moment, and it'd be nice to know if the extension is still trying to load a quote from the forums, or if it's timed out.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rohaq posted:

Quick request: Can there be some kind of progress spinner when you hit 'quote' and you're waiting for the quote to appear? My connection is lovely at the moment, and it'd be nice to know if the extension is still trying to load a quote from the forums, or if it's timed out.

Yeah I can add that. I'm wrapped up right now finishing off the Forum's Android app, but I promise I'll give SALR some love when that all calms down.

Fitret posted:

I'm having some trouble with the jump list. I'm running 9.0.597.98 (I noticed others were having issues too, but it seems like they're on beta builds?). Unchecking items like "Leper's Colony" or "Private Messages" doesn't remove them from the list - they still show up in the jump list. Also, I don't want the jump list to appear in the omni bar only when I'm on a SA webpage - I want it all the time next to the "options" icon (like shown in the OP). I tried toggling the "Show jump list in omnibar" setting, but unchecking it simply removes it altogether. Am I missing something or are these bugs?

Edit: Also, is there any way for sub-sub forums to show all the time? I play WoW and it drives me crazy that this forum doesn't appear on the initial list. I tried bookmarking it, but it doesn't stay there :(

Probably a bug.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Fitret posted:

Unchecking items like "Leper's Colony" or "Private Messages" doesn't remove them from the list - they still show up in the jump list.

Those items shouldn't have a checkbox next to them to remove them. Probably a bug, but I'm not sure where it would be coming from.

Fitret posted:

Also, I don't want the jump list to appear in the omni bar only when I'm on a SA webpage - I want it all the time next to the "options" icon (like shown in the OP). I tried toggling the "Show jump list in omnibar" setting, but unchecking it simply removes it altogether.

There's a separate extension for that. https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/jmhkgkpgnifdhpkjfjolilcikhahmbbk

Fitret posted:

I think that would be from an intermittent server side problem. I haven't seen it recently and thought it had been fixed, but I also haven't really been looking for it.

Looks like you have some overall issues with the jumplist... You can try uninstalling and reinstall and see if that helps, if you haven't already.

Sneaking Mission fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 28, 2011

Fitret
Mar 25, 2003

We are rolling for the King of All Cosmos!

Sneaking Mission posted:

Those items shouldn't have a checkbox next to them to remove them. Probably a bug, but I'm not sure where it would be coming from.
I can't read. I thought the checkboxes for "navigation menu links" was the jump bar. Obviously it isn't!

Sneaking Mission posted:

There's a separate extension for that. https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/jmhkgkpgnifdhpkjfjolilcikhahmbbk
Awesome!

Sneaking Mission posted:

I think that would be from an intermittent server side problem. I haven't seen it recently and thought it had been fixed, but I also haven't really been looking for it.

Looks like you have some overall issues with the jumplist... You can try uninstalling and reinstall and see if that helps, if you haven't already.

It seems like most of my issues were user error (aside from the pinning?) or server-side (subforum). Thanks for the quick responses!

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Fitret posted:

I can't read. I thought the checkboxes for "navigation menu links" was the jump bar. Obviously it isn't!

Yeah, those are for the links at the top of each forums page, not for the jump list.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

Ferg posted:

Yeah I can add that. I'm wrapped up right now finishing off the Forum's Android app, but I promise I'll give SALR some love when that all calms down.
Holy poo poo dude, I love you. I was just thinking about this the other day; the auto-zoom whenever I click on the post box to type in the Android browser is loving annoying.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can embedded videos be made to force the highest quality?

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.
The 'j' key doesn't advance the page for me on a number of threads. Most threads, it seems. In fact, it does not work in this very thread. All the other keyboard controls I've tried seem to work, but 'j' usually doesn't. Here's a thread where it does work, but they seem to be rare.

I'm running the latest Chrome beta release (10.0.648.119) with the latest SALR (1.3.1), and I've disabled every other extension I have and it's still going on. Any ideas?

Edit: Keyboard controls don't seem to work at all in some threads, like this one.

fourwood fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 2, 2011

ChuckHead
Jun 24, 2004

2000 years Assholes.
I was told that SALR Chrome could hide threads. So that if you tagged 10 thread to be hidden when the page loads and the server sends the 40 most resent threads SALR could hide the 10 you tagged and just display the 30 you didn't.

Is this true and how do I do it? I search though about 10 pages but I just can find the right info.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ChuckHead posted:

I was told that SALR Chrome could hide threads. So that if you tagged 10 thread to be hidden when the page loads and the server sends the 40 most resent threads SALR could hide the 10 you tagged and just display the 30 you didn't.

Is this true and how do I do it? I search though about 10 pages but I just can find the right info.

This is news to me. Maybe they meant the Firefox extension?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I just voted for advanced thread filtering again. Since Firefox SALR has this feature, would it be possible to bring this I would love it.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

kri kri posted:

I just voted for advanced thread filtering again. Since Firefox SALR has this feature, would it be possible to bring this I would love it.

I'll take a look, might be a pretty simple thing to add.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Any news on the Android app, Ferg? I'm seriously looking forward to it if you can make it work :)

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rohaq posted:

Any news on the Android app, Ferg? I'm seriously looking forward to it if you can make it work :)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3391052&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Been out for a week or two. Right now it's pending the next major update, which is still in the works.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

Ferg posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3391052&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Been out for a week or two. Right now it's pending the next major update, which is still in the works.
Goddamn, you are the man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ferg posted:

I'll take a look, might be a pretty simple thing to add.

Any timeframe on this ferg? :pray:

• Locked thread