Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Gammatron 64 posted:

But as an adult, I cannot stand characters like Anakin, Neo, Cloud Strife, etc. In other words, they're Mary Sues.

Minor interjection here, but the Cloud example was deliberately a Mary Sue as part of the plot, as in-universe he's playing that role, which is why it eventually falls apart.

This is hardly a new concept, but in 1997, the heroic poser actually breaking down when reality hits was fresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

TheBigBad posted:

This rehash/sequel/reboot mania is much more a reflection of the economic times than anything. Post 9/11 there was an economic fall out where the money people wanted a bigger guarantee return.

I disagree -- the trend was well underway in the 1990s, when the economic outlook was a LOT better. The 90s gave us The Brady Bunch, Knight Rider 2000, The Thomas Crown Affair, The Addams Family, Lost In Space, and even Star Wars Episode I.

But I still think you're on the right track -- when doing a remake, there's a certain amount of money that will come in just from nostalgia alone, which wouldn't be there with a similarly-themed all-new production.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who did the casting for the Prequels? Every single casting decision for the OT was a home run, how could the quality have possibly fallen so far...

I think Alec saved the original trilogy. Mark went on to figure out the craft, but Hayden was cast because Natalie wanted to gently caress him, and that gave George a semi. At least that's my interpretation of the Entertainment Tonight interviews.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, it's a sign of the times. I told you movies got lovely. I never did see Die Hard 4, though. Indy 4 wasn't a great movie, but it was far from being as horrible as goons say. I'd still take Indy 4 over something like the Matrix, Equilibrium, the Transporter series, the Pierce Brosnan Bond movies (other than Goldeneye), the Star Wars Prequels, anything Michael Bay, Avatar, Clash of the Titans, 300...

Whoa. Wait just a minute! The original Matrix may not be landing on anyone's "Best movies of all time" lists, but it's at least internally consistent and entertaining. Indy 4 should have ended about 20 minutes in.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
Regarding overpowered characters; TFU, the epitome of overpower in the Star Wars universe that I know of, is a (fairly) fun game because of it letting you throw lighning around and wipe the floor with a dozen stormtroopers at once. It might not make for good narrative or any tension, but it's a laugh. A problem is the way it tries to add challenge and tension by throwing in bullshit obsticals like force and lightsaber proof sheilds.

If they're going for an environment where the character is an unstoppable wrecking machine, which as I say can be fun in doses, then it seems silly to have these. Just make the enemies bigger and physically more tough. More impressive-looking. If you want a challenge and a real fight and drama, then tone it down a bit.

RedTeam fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 7, 2011

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, it's a sign of the times. I told you movies got lovely

Please don't do this, it makes you look old, bitter and stupid. Like any other era most of the movies that come out are pure drivel with the occasional inspired gem. This still happens and has not changed. Even the fact that stuff like Transformers is blockbuster hits isn't new. Movies didn't "get lovely" they're like they've always been.

Trends can change, there's more remakes now because there's stuff to be remade that people can be nostalgic about. We're at a point in society trends change rapidly enough that we get nostalgic more quickly, so it makes cashing in on that stuff so easy. But remakes are pretty much as old as Cinema. The Wizards of Oz was a remake of a silent film, for example. And the 80s The Thing which is widely considered one of the best horror movies ever is a remake of a 50s B Movie.

My point is learn to filter stuff properly. You're allowed to dislike the movies you listed, I'm not a fan of many of them either, but understand what is actually going on and not just assume that what's different is bad, and what's actually the same as it always has been is worse.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 7, 2011

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

RagnarokAngel posted:

Please don't do this, it makes you look old, bitter and stupid. Like any other era most of the movies that come out are pure drivel with the occasional inspired gem. This still happens and has not changed. Even the fact that stuff like Transformers is blockbuster hits isn't new. Movies didn't "get lovely" they're like they've always been.

Trends can change, there's more remakes now because there's stuff to be remade that people can be nostalgic about. We're at a point in society trends change rapidly enough that we get nostalgic more quickly, so it makes cashing in on that stuff so easy. But remakes are pretty much as old as Cinema. The Wizards of Oz was a remake of a silent film, for example. And the 80s The Thing which is widely considered one of the best horror movies ever is a remake of a 50s B Movie.

My point is learn to filter stuff properly. You're allowed to dislike the movies you listed, I'm not a fan of many of them either, but understand what is actually going on and not just assume that what's different is bad, and what's actually the same as it always has been is worse.

I totally agree. I hate people my age sometimes for their obsession with nostalgia. I'm 21 now, but I remember every drat week in highschool some jackass would say "Hey remember [90's tv show/movie/band]? Wasn't it awesome? Everything today sucks." and then there would be the same half hour conversation, reminiscing about the 90s. Things are not worse now than they used to be. I am absolutely positive that the same ratio of crap movies/tv/music to good is the same as it has been for decades.

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
Watching the animated clone wars film. As my first exposure to any of the clone wars stuff outside of AotC and that one GameCube game, I have this to say: This is awful and every character is annoying as hell (Ashoka "I guess that means I technically outrank you :smug:" Tano especially, so far).

But then it is a kids film, what did I expect.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

RagnarokAngel posted:

Not all movies, just most big budget blockbusters. On occasion you get stuff that's brilliant, like District 9 and TDK (though District 9 didn't have a big Hollywood budget). Remakes are as old as cinema, but 96% of movies today are remakes. Yeah, they'd have remakes and sequels, but never this much. Yeah, it's a sign of the downturn in the economy and the fact that Hollywood doesn't want to take risks, but I want to see something new. And it bugs me seeing Hollywood poo poo all over old favorites.

Honestly, when I think about it, this isn't a result of me being "old and bitter". I was born in '87. There were probably tons of lovely movies in the '80s and early '90s, but nobody remembers them. Everybody just remembers the ones that were great. The crap was lost in time... like tears in rain. Although, I don't think there are nearly as many memorable films from the last decade.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Gammatron 64 posted:

Not all movies, just most big budget blockbusters. On occasion you get stuff that's brilliant, like District 9 and TDK (though District 9 didn't have a big Hollywood budget). Remakes are as old as cinema, but 96% of movies today are remakes. Yeah, they'd have remakes and sequels, but never this much. Yeah, it's a sign of the downturn in the economy and the fact that Hollywood doesn't want to take risks, but I want to see something new. And it bugs me seeing Hollywood poo poo all over old favorites.

Honestly, when I think about it, this isn't a result of me being "old and bitter". I was born in '87. There were probably tons of lovely movies in the '80s and early '90s, but nobody remembers them. Everybody just remembers the ones that were great. The crap was lost in time... like tears in rain. Although, I don't think there are nearly as many memorable films from the last decade.

No, it's you LOOKING "old, bitter, and stupid". You're posting while myopic and lacking perspective.

Edit: This is ground that is continuously re-tread in various Cinema Discusso threads and the consensus is that there is no real significant difference between [current decade] and [past decade] in terms of re-treads, re-makes, poo poo releases, etc. Same with video games.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 7, 2011

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
I think we can all agree that you can't argue taste. Also, when you refer to lovely, are are consistently saying- unoriginal.

In 2008 Harvey Weinstein gave a directive that pretty much everyone at the AFM Finance seminar agreed with unanimously. Hollywood is going to make fewer movies (because we were cranking out more movies than they had space at the theaters for) and that they would be refocusing on guaranteed properties. Specifically the Weinstein Company was going to do ONLY sequels and remakes. That says alot from the former head of Mirimax.

You'll notice that Weinstein is now making the news this Oscar season promoting The King's Speech, so obviously that tide has turned, just a little. Lets be honest- the sequels, remakes and tie-ins aren't a guarantee anymore.

I have a group of friends who graduated from USC a few years ago. Almost unanimously they all decided that old media isnt where they want to be and struck out into the Youtube and webisode world. Three years later, they are starting cross over and getting bit parts and attention on fringe old media like Late Late shows, but they're getting better at what they do every week.

So the best new stuff isn't coming from the studios in the form of feature films. They are cannibalizing all of their own revenue streams. Its coming from the web.
Yes shudder as that draft of cold air blows in- fan fiction will probably be better than canon, and someone will realize that and try to monetize it.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
So how about all of these star wars, huh guys?

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Booze Squadron: Iron Lager

Donkey Kunt
Mar 19, 2006

I'm a cat.

Is that a space beer fuel core for spaceships?

KaosFactor
Dec 10, 2000

Rommel Rommel
So Vader was only being a responsible parent and trying to keep his son from Piloting While Intoxicated.

It's a perfect PSA: Flying drunk leads to the death of over a million law enforcement personnel civilians.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Give him a break he's just so tired of all these star wars. Would drive anyone to drink.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Was the Death Star designed as a purely spartan/military station, or considering the probable long-term deployments, were there non-military things like shops, recreation facilities, daycares, etc. built into the station?

In the movies we only see the military portions (Shuttle bay, detention center, throne room, etc.) but given things like Aircraft carriers in use today having malls/shops on board, wouldn't it make sense for there to be a significant non-military presence onboard?

Do we have any concrete examples (besides Daala) in the before the post-RotJ EU of women's place in the Imperial military?

Do we have any examples of Imperial xenophobia besides the lack of nonhumanoid stormtroopers (explained by clones) and military officers? We do see an alien spy in episode IV, the bounty hunters in ESB are non-human for the most part, and there are examples of non-human aides/etc. to Senator Palpatine in the prequel trilogy.

Did Yoda/Obi-Wan sit there doing jack poo poo for 20-30 years from Episode III to IV?

There are several examples in the prequels of Obi-Wan/Anakin single-handedly loving poo poo up. Why didn't Obi-Wan/Yoda try doing something instead of saying "hurrr, let's raise this dude's kids and hope they are strong in the force."?

Did the Imperial military allow gays to serve?

Anything in the EU regarding clones breeding with normal humans?

Anything in Star Wars regarding cross-species procreation where there was successful breeding?

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

LLJKSiLk posted:

Do we have any concrete examples (besides Daala) in the before the post-RotJ EU of women's place in the Imperial military?

Well, there's Ysanne Isard, the calculating bitch who executed her own father.

quote:

Do we have any examples of Imperial xenophobia besides the lack of nonhumanoid stormtroopers (explained by clones) and military officers? We do see an alien spy in episode IV, the bounty hunters in ESB are non-human for the most part, and there are examples of non-human aides/etc. to Senator Palpatine in the prequel trilogy.

"Where are you taking this... thing." There are other examples (like enslaving the Wookiees) in the EU but nothing in the films.

quote:

Did Yoda/Obi-Wan sit there doing jack poo poo for 20-30 years from Episode III to IV?

Well, they learned the secret to becoming Force ghosts, and Obi-Wan kept a watchful eye on Luke, but basically yeah.

quote:

There are several examples in the prequels of Obi-Wan/Anakin single-handedly loving poo poo up. Why didn't Obi-Wan/Yoda try doing something instead of saying "hurrr, let's raise this dude's kids and hope they are strong in the force."?

It's not like there's much else to do. They were hiding from Vader and the Jedi Purge.

quote:

Depending on who you ask, there are no gays in the Star Wars universe. That said, it hasn't actually been addressed.

quote:

Anything in the EU regarding clones breeding with normal humans?

There's an episode of The Clone Wars where they discover a clone deserter who married a Twi-lek. There was a daughter, but it was never made clear where she came from.

quote:

Anything in Star Wars regarding cross-species procreation where there was successful breeding?

Yyyes?

KaosFactor
Dec 10, 2000

Rommel Rommel

LLJKSiLk posted:

Was the Death Star designed as a purely spartan/military station, or considering the probable long-term deployments, were there non-military things like shops, recreation facilities, daycares, etc. built into the station?
It had civilian area such as cantinas and such. So there were non military run rec areas. Not sure about families on board or anything. I'm about half way through Death Star.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

arioch posted:

No, it's you LOOKING "old, bitter, and stupid". You're posting while myopic and lacking perspective.

Edit: This is ground that is continuously re-tread in various Cinema Discusso threads and the consensus is that there is no real significant difference between [current decade] and [past decade] in terms of re-treads, re-makes, poo poo releases, etc. Same with video games.

To be honest, I'm kind of a crotchety old fart with video games, too. Although I don't really say new video games suck, I just can't get into them that much. Stuff like Call of Duty and whatnot just isn't for me. Though on occasion they'll come out with something like Mass Effect or Red Dead Redemption that I'll love, but generally I like sticking to Mario and Megaman.

I'm not gonna lie, I am a little stuck in the past, but I'm just like that when it comes to entertainment.

TheBigBad posted:

So the best new stuff isn't coming from the studios in the form of feature films. They are cannibalizing all of their own revenue streams. Its coming from the web.
Yes shudder as that draft of cold air blows in- fan fiction will probably be better than canon, and someone will realize that and try to monetize it.

Oh, totally agreed. I barely watch any major Hollywood movies (I tend to just look at the movies that the critics love) and I don't even have cable TV anymore. Instead, I am a total youtube addict. Every once and a while I see something awesome like TDK, District 9, Anything Pixar, Anything Coen Brothers etc., but at this point most of the moving pictures I see are from youtube.

The Internet is really going to replace most forms of old media. My computer is my "TV", my movie theater, my newspaper, my novels and my magazines. Even my telephone.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

LLJKSiLk posted:

Wookies are enslaved. The is open racism in the movie when they present Chewie as a prisoner on the Death Star. Thrawn was considered that much more exceptional because he maintained his military career DESPITE being an alien.

Obi Wan is featured in Darth Krayt's backstory, in the Star Wars Legacy comics. He came down when the future Sith Lord returned to his people on Tatoonie and became a war lord of the tusken raider people. Krayt (as A'sharad Hett Jedi in hiding) lead the Tuskens to retake the lands encroached upon by humans. When he got to the Lars farm, Obiwan showed up, pleaded with him to stop his crusade, and then kicked his rear end in a duel. Ben cut off his hand and exposed his face making him a permanent exile in the eyes of his own people. He spared Krayt's life and forbade him from returning to Tatooine.

Yoda was 900 years old, so sitting in the jungles of Dagobah for 20 years communing with the force was relatively short and productive from his perspective.

The movie Empire was as a story trope all about cold hard perfection. No Aliens. No Women. So one can assume no Gays or Jews.

TheBigBad fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 8, 2011

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

LLJKSiLk posted:

I just can't imagine that the Empire is all that concerned with employee perks. And God, I hope not daycares. I don't want to turn Luke into Timothy McVeigh.

Well before we started talking about how movies started to suck and how all of the movies that we liked when we were 12 are best, we were talking about Star Wars videogames.

I really like Lego Star Wars. hear me out. You can play as basically anyone, so everyone gets their favorite character. It's really easy, so anyone can play it, which means girlfriends/boyfriends/sisters/young cousins/old parents can get in on all of the fun of Star Wars.

I also like Yoda Stories. They're little casual games that you play on your desktop, like solitaire or minesweeper.

I think we covered all the other good Star Wars games. TFU, Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the Empire, KOTOR, Imperial Commando, all of that stuff. I've never actually played Tie Fighter or Dark Forces. Are there any good ways to play them now? LucasArts doesn't seem to have any concern about making their classic games available or even updating them. Shadows of the Empire could be a great remake.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

I think we covered all the other good Star Wars games. TFU, Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the Empire, KOTOR, Imperial Commando, all of that stuff. I've never actually played Tie Fighter or Dark Forces. Are there any good ways to play them now? LucasArts doesn't seem to have any concern about making their classic games available or even updating them. Shadows of the Empire could be a great remake.

Best bet on Tie Fighter is a gamepad emulated joystick in dosbox. Dark Forces, dosbox as well--but there is a demo of a Dark Forces mod out for Jedi Academy that has the first 3(?) levels which are fairly well done.

http://darkforces.jediknight.net/index2.shtml

I'd thought the mod was defunct, but apparently there was an update with more screenies as late as last October, so hey :toot:

Dark Forces can be somewhat unbearable, it's stuck at a hideously low resolution and can be pretty unplayable, especially if you're used to source ports smoothing out sprites and doing high-res stuff for games like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, or especially fixing control schemes.

DarkXL may be mostly functional at this point, I don't know yet.

edit: sounds like it's nearly feature complete as of last November :toot:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 8, 2011

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I really like Lego Star Wars. hear me out. You can play as basically anyone, so everyone gets their favorite character. It's really easy, so anyone can play it, which means girlfriends/boyfriends/sisters/young cousins/old parents can get in on all of the fun of Star Wars.

I was unaware that Lego Star Wars was frowned upon here.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

LucasArts doesn't seem to have any concern about making their classic games available or even updating them. Shadows of the Empire could be a great remake.
Somehow I think finding people and resources to do stuff like that is more of a problem for LEC nowadays than lack of willingness on their part.

arioch posted:

DarkXL may be mostly functional at this point, I don't know yet.
I've been waiting for over a month now for that jerk to post the beta. Hurry up already !! :mad:

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Sombrerotron posted:

I've been waiting for over a month now for that jerk to post the beta. Hurry up already !! :mad:

Haha, I just popped over to the news forum for DarkXL and saw the cocktease threads from last month :argh:

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

mojo1701a posted:

I was unaware that Lego Star Wars was frowned upon here.

Yeah really, it's a good game. I mean I wouldn't play it for any long streatches, and probably not single player, but it's simplicity and casual drop-in style make it pretty fun for the reasons given.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

LLJKSiLk posted:

"There are no gays in Star Wars."

- BioWare's Sean Dahlberg, now quite notorious for not realizing how fast and widespread his bigotry would be.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is an awesome .gif. I love stuff like this when it comes to Star Wars while it was being filmed.

KaosFactor posted:

It had civilian area such as cantinas and such. So there were non military run rec areas. Not sure about families on board or anything. I'm about half way through Death Star.

I don't wanna think about the Death Star having a civilian area with children and such that is pretty depressing.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 8, 2011

movax
Aug 30, 2008

What's the source for this?

Also, Lego Star Wars is awesome :colbert: It's really :spergin: to bitch about canon when it comes to Lego Star Wars. It's fun! Why hate fun! :(

KaosFactor
Dec 10, 2000

Rommel Rommel
It's in the Star Wars begins documentary out takes.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I don't wanna think about the Death Star having a civilian area with children and such that is pretty depressing.

Pulls up blinds
"Alright kids it's time for planet observation time. Today we're passing by Alderaan. Alderaan is a peaceful, lush and green planet. They have no weapons and...does anyone else hear that? Like some kind of humming?"

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

movax posted:

What's the source for this?

Also, Lego Star Wars is awesome :colbert: It's really :spergin: to bitch about canon when it comes to Lego Star Wars. It's fun! Why hate fun! :(

Games should have no impact upon "canon". There, I said it. gently caress TFU.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

arioch posted:

Games should have no impact upon "canon". There, I said it. gently caress TFU.

I'm OK with Rogue Squadron's and TIE Fighter's impact on canon, personally.

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson
I wish that KOTOR II affected canon more.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Literal, walking, Force deus ex machinas and red herring villain plots made up to sound profound don't really do anything for me, sorry!

And for every TIE Fighter there's a dozen video games with lovely implications like crystal healing methods imbuing Force sensitivity or whatever.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

I think the argument that the top secret military base/giant carrier would have family habitation areas is kind of stupid. Real world sensitive project military bases don't even have family living areas. Aircraft carriers don't have family accommodations either and they're floating cities. I don't see why space fascists would be all about family togetherness.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I think the argument that the top secret military base/giant carrier would have family habitation areas is kind of stupid. Real world sensitive project military bases don't even have family living areas. Aircraft carriers don't have family accommodations either and they're floating cities.

Yeah, that's only in Star Trek, which is a socialist atheist paradise of peace where diplomacy solves all problems. Which is probably the least likely future ever for humanity. Even Star Wars is more likely.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
Was there ever any justification for technological advances in a fantasy sci-fi universe? It would be like Lord of the Rings updating its technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.

arioch posted:

Literal, walking, Force deus ex machinas and red herring villain plots made up to sound profound don't really do anything for me, sorry!

And for every TIE Fighter there's a dozen video games with lovely implications like crystal healing methods imbuing Force sensitivity or whatever.

Did the tattoos you got in TIE Fighter have any mystical powers? Aside from glowing neon purple I mean.