Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

OjaiYoda posted:

i am so pissed about this. i was almost ready to buy a ticket, but i was not going to buy plane tickets until after i saw the second group of bands. :argh:

I'm glad my bands playing cause bands get free passes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Don't think this was mentioned, but new Frodus single (and I think the first new music since they broke up)! There's an LP on the way, and I couldn't be happier, since I've been a fan for a while.

Listen: http://lovitt.bandcamp.com/album/soundlab-1

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Does anyone like Pianos Become The Teeth?
Kinda reminds me of Raein and stuff but in english.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

A5H posted:

I love Pianos. Their split with The Saddest Landscape is awesome.

I really want to make it out to CT for the My Heart to Joy record release show. Pianos Become the Teeth and The World is a Beautiful Place... are both playing. Show is going to rule.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

A5H posted:

I think last year I'd make sure I listened to Filial at least once a week.

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct

A5H posted:

they are great. my friends band Capsize played with them when the came to San Diego with touche amore in July. awesome band.

fake edit: actually found a video of the Pianos set with good sound quality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7J3ELtJc30

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Woooo goin to see Dillinger 4 tonight. I haven't seen them since Paddy stopped getting naked on stage. :dance:

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
D4 shows are always the most fun. I wish they would come to Chicago again.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I wish they'd come to upstate NY at all.

Closest I get is someone covering Super Powers Enable Me etc at a local show.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo I'm getting old. I survived in the pit for all of "super powers" and had to stop and puke. Kids these days are excited, man!

Oh, they were all wasted on stage, too, which made for an ok show.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
Paddy stopped getting naked on stage? Pretty sure that's untrue. He shaved his balls in San Francisco last year.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
Is anyone planning on going to Krazy Fest in Lousiville this spring? The line up so far looks pretty good: http://www.krazy-fest.com/bands.htm

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Why the gently caress didn't anyone tell me how good Tigers Jaw and Balance & Composure are? Holy poo poo.

iron chic posted:

Is anyone planning on going to Krazy Fest in Lousiville this spring? The line up so far looks pretty good: http://www.krazy-fest.com/bands.htm

Oh my GOD requesting time off from work on Monday. No way am I missing this.

Medical
Apr 16, 2010

by T. Fine
If any of you are into bands like Envy or Rosetta, check out Rinoa. Their band name may be a Final Fantasy character, but that hardly matters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTp_pSLGVqo

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

A5H posted:

Everybody with taste should love Pianos. "Houses We Die In" loving owns.

Medical posted:

If any of you are into bands like Envy or Rosetta, check out Rinoa. Their band name may be a Final Fantasy character, but that hardly matters.

Thanks for this. From the first few seconds of the video I was ready to ridicule you but this is pretty good.

EDIT: Finally placed what it reminded me of. They're like Taken with a much more epic bent.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 9, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Pop-punkchat: Teenage Bottlerocket's first album and two 7"s, which are all a) out of print and b) on vinyl (but they still had the album for sale when I saw them in August), are being remastered and released on CD by Red Scare in March. poo poo yeah, finally get to fill in the missing piece of my collection.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Medical posted:

This owns, also check out Hollow Jan who are pretty much a Korean (I think?) Envy.

also I just want to say the new Rosetta owns loving bones, get on that poo poo if you liked their older stuff or post-rock with screaming vox or whatever

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 8, 2011

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
new defeater. wow.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

RagingPawn posted:

new defeater. wow.

that and make do and mend. sooo good

Pabst Blue Trippin
Oct 11, 2010

Dickeye posted:

Pop-punkchat: Teenage Bottlerocket's first album and two 7"s, which are all a) out of print and b) on vinyl (but they still had the album for sale when I saw them in August), are being remastered and released on CD by Red Scare in March. poo poo yeah, finally get to fill in the missing piece of my collection.

Aren't they coming up with a new album too?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pabst Blue Trippin posted:

Aren't they coming up with a new album too?

3 song 7" on Fat Wreck, yeah.

e: And new House Boat should be coming out around the same time.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 13, 2011

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What defeater are you guys listening to? That 2 song thing?

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
Yeah. The acoustic really really imprssed me. When they said they were doing acoustic stuff on the new album I expected it all to sound like Prophet in Plain Clothes. But the new song is so much better than that.

Doggone God
Feb 13, 2011
Didn't see this mentioned in the threat, but The Steinways single collection "Promise It'll Never Happen Again" comes out Tuesday. The Ergs! singles collection is probably their best album so I'm hoping this will rule as well.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Steinways' best album is Missed The Boat. Nothing will ever change this.

Joke rebuttal: The best Steinways album is The Delaware Octopus.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Double posting with mroe pop-punkchat: new Screeching Weasel. It's alright. Generic pop-punk. It sounds good but it's nothing to slobber over after eleven years.

In other news, Ben Weasel is still a piece of poo poo that endorses the Elan school.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Six new Glassjaw tracks on a tour EP, bringing the total of new stuff to 11 now.

Ffffffffffffuck I gotta get some tickets to the Boston show.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
According to Robotic Empire, Pg99 is reuniting for Best Friends Day this year to play Doc 8 in its entirety.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Inspector_71 posted:

Six new Glassjaw tracks on a tour EP, bringing the total of new stuff to 11 now.

Ffffffffffffuck I gotta get some tickets to the Boston show.

Have you listened to it yet?

It's the best thing they've ever done imo, even better than the singles.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

rivals posted:

According to Robotic Empire, Pg99 is reuniting for Best Friends Day this year to play Doc 8 in its entirety.

Holy loving poo poo. Where/when is Best Friend's Day?

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Holy loving poo poo. Where/when is Best Friend's Day?

Richmond, VA Early August. Ugh, Best Friends Day is the worst.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

answersyouseek posted:

Best Friends Day is the worst.

Yeah I don't live in RVA so the activities day sorta alienates non-locals unless you're in a big group anyway. I live close enough to go whenever I feel like at the drop of a hat but I'm still pretty far removed from the community. I'll just be going to the shows I want to see.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Cool Blue Reason posted:

Have you listened to it yet?

It's the best thing they've ever done imo, even better than the singles.

I haven't stopped listening to it for a few days now. I think that Stations Of The new Cross and Daytona White are a little meh, but the first 4 tracks are just balls-out amazing. That plus the singles is just like... :allears:

Natural Born Farmer and Stars continue to own everything as well.

Also I guess it's for the best that I'll be out of the country the weekend of the Boston show since I can't find any reasonably priced tickets online anyway.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 18, 2011

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Carl FTWinslow posted:

Yeah I don't live in RVA so the activities day sorta alienates non-locals unless you're in a big group anyway. I live close enough to go whenever I feel like at the drop of a hat but I'm still pretty far removed from the community. I'll just be going to the shows I want to see.

It also alienates any locals who have a brain. You should come to Richmond for shows that don't suck.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

answersyouseek posted:

It also alienates any locals who have a brain. You should come to Richmond for shows that don't suck.

I'm there all the time and try to see the best shows I can! The Two Funerals/Coke Bust/Lemuria show @ gallery 5 not long ago was really cool just for the weird mix of people attending

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

rivals posted:

When I heard about this, I should have been happy for people who get to see them, but the selfish little man in me got sad because Richmond is so far away.

Pabst Blue Trippin
Oct 11, 2010
Is anyone going to Punk Rock Bowling in Vegas? I'm pretty stoked to see Cock Sparrer and The Descendents!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Pabst Blue Trippin posted:

Is anyone going to Punk Rock Bowling in Vegas? I'm pretty stoked to see Cock Sparrer and The Descendents!

That is making the decision pretty hard for me. I dunno if I'll have the money.

Pabst Blue Trippin
Oct 11, 2010
Where do you live? I know a bunch of people are going in big groups to cut down on costs.The even organizers are are offering cheap rates on hotel rooms around Vegas.
Check here if you think you can make it: http://www.punkrockbowling.com/

Also Killing Joke, Dropkick Murphys, Stiff Little Fingers, Leftover Crack, Krum Bums, The Dwarves and Off With Their Heads are playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

I need an opinion.

Both the Subhumans (UK) and Screeching Weasel are playing the same week in April in Philly. I kind of want to see both, but am losing my job at the end of the month so money might be an issue. I have never missed a Subhumans show when they come to town, but I've been on a Weasel kick for a couple of weeks now.

Additional factors: Screeching Weasel tickets are being sold through TicketMaster so I'd have to pay out the rear end to see them.

Subhumans have MDC and the new band from some of the kids from Witch Hunt opening for them.

Decide for me, internet!