Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Abbey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sleepy Budgie
Jan 6, 2010

A friend in need
is a friend indeed
:unsmith:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

This is Sophie, a pit bull terrier BOXER/GREYHOUND MIX.

I love to hear stories like this. It sounds like Sophie had been through a lot and finally found someone to love her who would look past the stereotype. My boyfriend's sister has a "hound mix" named Bella, but we are all pretty sure she is part pit. She is so very sweet, playful, and AMAZING with kids. One boy she used to live by love to race his toy cars all over her back. It didn't phase her a bit.

Here she is:

As you can see, she adores her glow-in-the-dark ball. She will fetch until she can no longer walk.

Her Halloween costume. She was "super Bella" :3:

Bella with Buggs, another rescue, found outside of the apartment complex.

And XausF1, I am very sorry for your loss. We have gone through a few budgie deaths, and each one is very hard. 3 of the 4 that passed had some sort of cancer. It seems to be rather common for them. It is somewhat of a relief when they do pass because you know they don't have to suffer anymore. :(

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

A Sleepy Budgie posted:

And XausF1, I am very sorry for your loss. We have gone through a few budgie deaths, and each one is very hard. 3 of the 4 that passed had some sort of cancer. It seems to be rather common for them. It is somewhat of a relief when they do pass because you know they don't have to suffer anymore. :(

Thanks, she was going through a lot of pain, too. Every day she would just be moaning in pain quite audibly and it sucks when you know there's nothing you can really do. We've had budgies for over 10 years now and, yeah, the majority of them had also died due to cancer. One theory given to me by a vet was due to the mass breeding of budgies and particularly the forced mutations in order to breed new colours or some such.

Here's another pic of her about 5 years ago at my old house when she was much younger:

Click here for the full 2032x1524 image.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

RazorBunny posted:

My husband entered a costumed pet photo contest with this picture of Husker in one of our Battlestar Galactica uniforms. Unfortunately he lost to a dog who was much less cute.

It is a crime he did not win, I would have voted so hard for him. :colbert:

PinMonkey
Dec 3, 2003

Hi Pet Island! This is my first time visiting and I want to introduce you to my new puppy Twix!

I just rescued him yesterday from the pound. He is a pitbull mix that they found stray earlier this month. He is ~8 months old and is friendly/chill with every person, child, or other dog he has come across. He just wants attention and won't let me get out of his sight without rushing to me to see whats going on.

I started crate training last night and worked on it a little bit with him today. I also have him signed up for a free new dog orientation at the local Petsmart on Saturday to get him going in the right direction.

mcwalbucks
May 3, 2007
This is Basil (as in Fawlty). We adopted him from a Pug rescue on Sunday. His previous owner had lost his job and couldn't afford to take care of him any longer.

Sometimes he looks like an alien.

Here he is fresh from the groomer.

He likes to play fetch with his little tennis ball, which is apparently rare for Pugs. Mostly he just sleeps, though. He's a lazy Pug.

snarkcookie
Mar 25, 2007

Delicious Sarcastic Morsels with Every Bite!
Just a few weeks and Keira will be a year old!

Here she is lookin' doof-y.

No Tennis Ball? Snow will do.

Where did that 'ball' go?

Close up!

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
^^^ Your dog is gorgeous and I'm going to steal her. It's a wonder she doesn't suddenly up and fly away with those ginormous ears. :allears:

PinMonkey posted:

Hi Pet Island! This is my first time visiting and I want to introduce you to my new puppy Twix!

I just rescued him yesterday from the pound. He is a pitbull mix that they found stray earlier this month. He is ~8 months old and is friendly/chill with every person, child, or other dog he has come across. He just wants attention and won't let me get out of his sight without rushing to me to see whats going on.

I started crate training last night and worked on it a little bit with him today. I also have him signed up for a free new dog orientation at the local Petsmart on Saturday to get him going in the right direction.

I love his name. :3: Good job and good luck on the crate training and such.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

snarkcookie
Mar 25, 2007

Delicious Sarcastic Morsels with Every Bite!

Skizzles posted:

Your dog is gorgeous and I'm going to steal her. It's a wonder she doesn't suddenly up and fly away with those ginormous ears. :allears:

Don't steal my pup, who else would I go hiking with and get to see all cute and tuckered out afterward.

That's enough of her and her crazy ears for now.

kernel panic
Jul 31, 2006

so we came here to burgle your turts!
Hello Pet Island! Long time lurker, here to introduce... Chela!

Chela is an 11 month old purebread Shelter Dog, adopted from our local humane society back in September. She'd been brought up from Georgia the day before, from a high-kill shelter where she'd apparently been 5 days from her euth date. She was a stray, so we have no idea what breeds might be in there. That also meant that we got to do lots of fun things like introducing her to a collar and leash, teaching her stairs, and housebreaking from scratch. That first month was a long one, but it was totally, totally worth it.

She enjoys activities such as sleeping:

Perching on objects (and people):

Being dressed up in ridiculous clothing for our enjoyment:

And reluctantly celebrating holidays:

That's more than enough for now, I think. We are definitely looking forward to joining in on the PI shenanigans!

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

kernel panic posted:

And reluctantly celebrating holidays:

Your dog was much more willing to do that than mine:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

After seeing the professional dog photography blog posted in the Random Nonsense thread I decided Major needed a photoshoot.

Click here for the full 1000x714 image.

Click here for the full 714x1000 image.

I love his walrus whiskers :3:

Click here for the full 1000x714 image.

ohjoshdarnit
Nov 2, 2005
Adventurer
I've been meaning to share my dog Mugs for a while. He mother was a black long-haired mini-Dachshund and his father a Pomeranian. He has red hair and just turned a year old.

As a pup, he had light brown hair and a black mohawk on his back. He's always gone nuts for stuffed animals.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

He loves to dig:

He had issues sometimes with resource guarding, but is much better after seeing a trainer.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

T-shirt time!

Loves the sun..

Stealing my mana!

Loves to eat:

..and play:

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
This is Wally. He's about a year and a half old.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

He likes to sleep. A lot.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

In fact I think he sleeps on my bed more than I do.

He's also the only furry creature I've ever known that hates getting his belly rubbed. He's got a tendency to nip at you and claw your hand if you do. :3:

Cheezymadman fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jan 30, 2011

Renchi
Jan 29, 2011
These are my long haired guinea pigs. Mommy (Neli) and her daughter (Mrvica). In case you’re wondering Mrvica is the Croatian version of the name for the gray baby mouse Nibbles (also known as Tuffy) from the “Tom & Jerry” cartoon. Sorry for the low quality pictures, I’ll try uploading better ones later.

Neli

Mrvica (Nibbles)

Victor Nightingale
May 11, 2005

Victor Nightingale fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 26, 2012

Slushbunny
Nov 30, 2010

<3 ginger kitties

This is Bamm-Bamm and Jasper, two brothers from the same litter we recently adopted. <3

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
Hello Pet Island, this is only my second post in the forum but I do lurk.

Here are my cats, Lola (left) and Ella (right). They're 1 1/2 years old; we've had them since they were six months. This photo was taken back in June. Judging from the eyes they are apparently possessed by demons.

Click here for the full 720x540 image.

Teatime Prize
Nov 1, 2008

A violent death is the last thing that'll happen to you.
My uncle recently had a stroke and can't care for his cat anymore, so I volunteered to have her. Her name's Marilyn.

It seems to have made her really, really smug. And every time I try to go anywhere:

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

This is my Granny's dog, Dusty, named so by me when I was 7. She died recently of a stroke at the grand old age of 14. She was awesome and angry and very proud of her place in the family.
She hated hugs but got them anyway and couldn't resist a biscuit. She was around since I was 7 and I can't really remember my Nanny's house without her. She was "my dog" since I couldn't have one at home and I miss her. Alot.

She was put to sleep about a month ago but I haven't really dealt with it. Here is my way of starting it.

This was her at her worst (best and crabbiest)

And here she is being awesome, at 14, and being hugged (resentfully) by my sister.

And enjoying her walks in her old age! (Also at the set of HBO's Game of Thrones, if you're interested)

She begged at the table, wouldn't even sit on command, deaf as a post and growled (but never snapped) at the wayward babies. She gave me the utmost respect for the personal feelings of other dogs and made me respect that they have personalities and sometimes don't always want to be petted/ hugged/ played with!
The older photos are all in physical format but uploading these has made me feel a little better.

I have to go to my Granny's this week and I don't want to be an emotional mess.

teenytinymouse fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 2, 2011

HDeckard
Feb 19, 2010
This is my cat. There are many like him but this one is mine.

He is bored by Top Gear...

...but he enjoys Dr. Strangelove.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Darla, my amazing stray pup of dubious breeding, shortly after she "followed us home":

Victor Nightingale
May 11, 2005

Victor Nightingale fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 26, 2012

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
I'm babysitting a baby.

And my real baby, such a cuddlebug. She is not amused at the pup.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010

Our new puppy Pru, half maltese half shih tzu. :3:

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.
Pru is absolutely adorable! He/she(?) made me squeal with joy.

Onto our zoo:

Chanel (left) and Bear (right. This picture sums them up perfectly. Chanel, Miss disgruntled, get-out-of-my-face and Bear, Mister FUUUUuuun.

Newest addition, Milo. He's a Goldendoodle and is 4 months old. He is freakin' giant now and loves to bite, chew, bite and punch people.

Dopey, 'yellow' lab but he's more of a brown colour.

Shorty, Shih-tzu and second oldest of the bunch.

Zeus (left) and Shorty (right). Zeus is a Shih-tzu/Lhasa Apso mix and is the old man of the bunch. I feel bad that I don't have a better picture available but my camera charger is MIA.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Trying to learn more about my camera other than the 'Auto' setting, so I took some pictures of Cosmo today, here's two of them.

Most of the time he'll horde all his toys on our bed, and then jump around from toy to toy, he has ADD.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*

RizieN posted:

Trying to learn more about my camera other than the 'Auto' setting, so I took some pictures of Cosmo today, here's two of them.

Most of the time he'll horde all his toys on our bed, and then jump around from toy to toy, he has ADD.

What do you have? If you want to get together with the dogs sometime I'd gladly show you a couple things on taking photos outside of the green box. :D

Content: some from summer, Diaz makes a new furriiieeend with a pibby named Boston. It was adorable, she doesn't often get "into" playing with other dogs and she's rough, but this puppy was so all over her and they had tons of fun.
She demonstrates a bodyslam.

KISSES!

Sharing. It's caring.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Oh my god, Diaz pulls the funniest faces.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

huskyjackal posted:

What do you have? If you want to get together with the dogs sometime I'd gladly show you a couple things on taking photos outside of the green box. :D

Content: some from summer, Diaz makes a new furriiieeend with a pibby named Boston. It was adorable, she doesn't often get "into" playing with other dogs and she's rough, but this puppy was so all over her and they had tons of fun.
She demonstrates a bodyslam.

KISSES!

Sharing. It's caring.

I have a Nikon D80, you should take Diaz to our local dog park! I always go to Mt. Airy, but I've been meaning to check out whichever one is out in Beechmont by Lunken Airport. Do you know of any of them in between our locations?

And Diaz does make some goofy rear end faces, I wish I could capture all of Cosmo's ridiculous faces, but they happen so randomly.

Whitey Bear
Nov 29, 2006

The Streetwise Pimp
This is Tasha, someone abandoned her out in the middle of the desert when she was just a puppy and when I found her she was bone-thin and so dehydrated she couldn't stand up, I took her back to my shop and gave her food and water and she's been with me ever since. She goes out to work with me every day and we've found and helped another dozen or so dogs and a pregnant cat since then.

Whitey Bear fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Feb 9, 2011

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I'm beginning to think Farlow will never understand stairs like the rest of us.

Honey and Farlow playing tug o' war

Farlow is almost 4 months and about 28 pounds, still no clue what she is.

Battlebadger
Jan 27, 2011

those are adorable

Battlebadger fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 1, 2011

PurpleJesus
Feb 27, 2008

We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you gotta keep moving.

This is our new puppy Violet. She's a beagle/golden retriever mix that we adopted from the APL on Sunday.

This is Daisy, our 2 year old beagle/corgi mix that we got from a different shelter.

Luckily for us they get along really well and Daisy has a ton of patience with Violet.

GlennFrog
Jul 5, 2004

T_T
We have sisters(litter mates). They are half siamese and orange tabby. We got them from a rescue home in Orlando about 4 years ago. They are the biggest crybabies and the most affectionate cats I have ever met.

Cambria, Cam scam, paper

Click here for the full 540x720 image.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

Annabelle, Bella, plastic

Sorry for the finger, Annabelle doesn't let us take pics of her like her sister. She's way more uptight.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

BONUS BABY PICS

Sorry I don't have a camera just my phone.

GlennFrog fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 9, 2011

Khelmar
Oct 12, 2003

Things fix me.

Click here for the full 1280x851 image.

Little Petes says anyone replying to this thread without a pet's picture attached is getting a week long probation. He's tired of people not reading the ONE SINGLE RULE in the OP.

Khelmar fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 9, 2011

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

A dude's gotta jump through so many hoops just to post in this thread.

Marilyn Monroe
Dec 16, 2003

It's me, remember?
The tomato from upstairs.
This is Sir Sean Connery:

https://wi.somethingawful.com/32/32dd0175751067b73110956b9dea1417ac6a067e.jpg

https://wi.somethingawful.com/cf/cfac4e9446f1850ebf03918fa0f51309d98d1db1.jpg

https://wi.somethingawful.com/69/69976b549b25cdaa17765428bccff37ea855c111.jpg

Popsicle
Mar 5, 2007

Infophile
Alice, who has odd curled whiskers.