Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Captain Invictus posted:

The Galidor Thread.

Anything's better than Mega Bloks, man.

e: Aw, Christ what a terrible new page first post.
e2: Nooooooooooooo! :argh: What have I done?!

That Awful Nick fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
^^^^Look what you did now fucker :argh:

Captain Invictus posted:

The Galidor Thread.

This would probably be the most confusing title possible. Anyway, have some neat little cars:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=429432

InfinEight fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 8, 2011

UberNils
Jan 11, 2006

NO DEEP LINCOLN
Yay! It's time for a new haul from shopgoodwill! The auction was listed as Search Sub and it looks like it's got just about all the parts to it, but there was a bonus that the auction didn't mention: Fiber Optic Multi Set, with what looks like all the important bits.

Notably, the air tank from the Sub is missing, and that thing is like $15 by itself on bricklink, but still, I paid $46 with shipping, and this seems like quite a nice little haul.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > MEGABLOKS Halo: the Authentic Collector's Series Mega(blok)thread

I hope Brix Blox are next! :neckbeard:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Yesssss

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

InfinEight posted:

Anyway, have some neat little cars:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=429432

Didn't know Corey Feldman had his own minifig

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Glass Joe posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > MEGABLOKS Halo: the Authentic Collector's Series Mega(blok)thread

I hope Brix Blox are next! :neckbeard:

Best Lock Megathread: Sometimes the bricks actually stay together.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

snortpocket posted:

Didn't know Corey Feldman had his own minifig

Woah, that is totally Corey Feldman.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Here's a good look at the upcoming windmill set.
I can't wait.

Click here for the full 1280x914 image.

Oh holy balls, look at this blacksmith shop, too.

Click here for the full 800x534 image.

New sword and axe.

Flavor Bear fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 8, 2011

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/2011/02/2h11-lego-technic-unimog-shows-up-at.html has pictures of the new technic flagship, I cant wait.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

Ika posted:

http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/2011/02/2h11-lego-technic-unimog-shows-up-at.html has pictures of the new technic flagship, I cant wait.

Wow that looks amazing...and also expensive. I'm sure that the Unimog license will increase the cost by a 'bit.'
I'm pretty interested in the new super car. It looks like the motorized bits are only for power doors and trunk, and not for movement. I guess that will just be a challenge.

Baggy_Brad
Jun 9, 2003

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Flavor Bear posted:

I can't wait.

New sword and axe.

Looks like a poor man's medieval market village. It would have been nice if the new sets could have integrated with the existing set, but they're obviously designed as simpler build alternatives. Are those windmill blades on the mill a new piece? Could always purchase and then upgrade.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Thread title is incorrect, should be MEGABLOK, you don't add an 's' for the pluralisation.

pad thai hi-five
Aug 11, 2003

Oven Wrangler
I might have to buy that Unimog twice, it's looking amazing.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Baggy_Brad posted:

Looks like a poor man's medieval market village. It would have been nice if the new sets could have integrated with the existing set, but they're obviously designed as simpler build alternatives. Are those windmill blades on the mill a new piece? Could always purchase and then upgrade.

I dunno, I think it will accompany the MMV nicely.
It's a barn and a windmill so if the simpler builds make them look a little ramshackle, that's fine by me.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It seems like a much more peasanty version, probably on the outskirts of town in farmer land. I like how the Dragon guys are getting more representation in these new sets, that horse with barding looks awesome. And the windmill set doesn't come with a single Lion knight! Unbelievable.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > DUPLO Pooplo: the Authentic Collector's Series Babytoy thread

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

The Lincoln Logs Thread: Its a Poop Refrence

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > DUPLO Pooplo: the Authentic Collector's Series Babytoy thread

Name change frequenzy increasing. Good thing I have this thread bookmarked. :snoop:

Found 5876 Creator set used for half the retail price yesterday. Mmm, red sloped bricks.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Name change frequenzy increasing. Good thing I have this thread bookmarked. :snoop:

Found 5876 Creator set used for half the retail price yesterday. Mmm, red sloped bricks.

I've had no luck finding either these awesome creator sets or the mini-fig series in stores around me.

Infinite, thats a kick rear end bot. I like the lego feet hand.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

President Kucinich posted:

I've had no luck finding either these awesome creator sets or the mini-fig series in stores around me.

Infinite, thats a kick rear end bot. I like the lego feet hand.

Just to be clear, its not mine (I don't even have that much duplo) but I agree it's pretty cool. I remember finding out on my own as a young boy that a 2x4 or 2x2 lego brick would fit onto the stud of a duplo block, but I never actually used it for anything. Stuff like that bot makes me remember how cool it is that lego/duplo/technic is so versatile.

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009
Spent like half a day putting all my old dudes together and I even made up a few in the back row with leftover parts:

Click here for the full 1035x714 image.

I've tried to find those series minifigures to add to the collection but nobody carries them (for long). And eBay... I'm not paying $10 for a mystery Lego man.

E:

Flavor Bear posted:

I can't wait.

New sword and axe.

I actually really like this as a medieval set. That windmill is just asking to be torched :black101:

Final Gloom fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 10, 2011

ChocolateMoose
Feb 10, 2011

Flavor Bear posted:

I can't wait.

New sword and axe.

Am I the only one, who doesn't like the new chicken figs?
I myself went nuts over the cows, and I do like the goat and the pig, but for some reason I really dig the bricky kind of brids/chicken they used before. They are just adorable (like the criminal penguins from the Batman-Sets :3: )

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
Just in case there's any UK goons here who use Quidco - they have the Lego online shop on there now, with 7% cashback.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

Am I the only one that finds it strange (also, awesome) that the windmill set is clearly featuring a peasant uprising?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

It is awesome but it looks more like the dragon knights are trying to squeeze the peasants for money. I like those windmill blades, it'll be interesting to see what sort of stuff gets made with em (besides windmills of course).

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."
I just posted this in the DNF thread but I figured I'd share it here as well.

He's just looking for an alien toilet to park his Bricks.

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

Evek posted:

That's badass. Do they make pig heads for Lego guys?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Final Gloom posted:

Uh... Kinda?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Evek posted:

Looks like I have another character to add to my growing collection of video game minifigs. Looks perfect with that combo.

\/\/ You're thinking of Jabba's Sail Barge. They were also in 4476 Jabba's Prize.

InfinEight fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 11, 2011

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Final Gloom posted:

Well, there are the Gamorrean pig guards from Jabba's Palace from Star Wars.

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

InfinEight posted:

Looks like I have another character to add to my growing collection of video game minifigs.

Have you posted these yet? I'd love to see them.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Final Gloom posted:

Have you posted these yet? I'd love to see them.

Well, they're not very accurate and just made with whatever bits I have, but here you go:

From left to right: Liquid Snake (looking fabulous), Revolver Ocelot, Grey Fox/Cyborg Ninja, Meryl, Solid Snake, Konoko from Oni, a red almost-Spartan, and finally Gordon Freeman.

If I can figure out if I have that blond hairpiece Evek posted I'll have a Duke for myself as well, but all I found so far is a grey one.

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

InfinEight posted:

Well, they're not very accurate and just made with whatever bits I have, but here you go:

From left to right: Liquid Snake (looking fabulous), Revolver Ocelot, Grey Fox/Cyborg Ninja, Meryl, Solid Snake, Konoko from Oni, a red almost-Spartan, and finally Gordon Freeman.

If I can figure out if I have that blond hairpiece Evek posted I'll have a Duke for myself as well, but all I found so far is a grey one.

That's wicked. Ocelot, Snake, Oni girl, Gordon and the Spartan are great. I recognized those immediately. Liquid Snake kind of looks like one of those European dudes from Family guy, minus the tan and V neck.

Is there a good resource for buying plain official Lego men or parts in bulk? Like solid color shirts, pants, basic faces, and hair pieces?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

The best place I can think of is Bricklink, you can find pretty much any torso, legs, head or hair. Searching for them can be kinda tricky until you figure out how to use the catalog or get used to the way things are named, but it's incredibly useful.

And Liquid is a little fruity, but it suits him with the way he was running around with no shirt at the end of the game.

\/\/ He doesn't have a chinstrap either. Like I said, not very accurate, but they're just for fun :shobon:

InfinEight fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 11, 2011

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Gordon Freeman's hair is the wrong colour.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
I really want this thing because it's loving AWESOME:

http://shop.lego.com/ByAge/Product.aspx?p=10155&cn=100007&d=100001

However, $119 makes me sad. Does the "Exclusive" tag on that mean it's only available online from the Lego shop, or could I get lucky and find it on sale at a Toys R Us or something?

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

Pzykotic posted:

However, $119 makes me sad. Does the "Exclusive" tag on that mean it's only available online from the Lego shop, or could I get lucky and find it on sale at a Toys R Us or something?

drat that thing's over 2 feet long. But I am a little sad when boats don't have large hull pieces. Those are always useful.

What's that orange piece on the side?

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

Final Gloom posted:

What's that orange piece on the side?

Lifeboat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mascot
Feb 10, 2010

Pzykotic posted:

"Exclusive" does mean that it's only available directly from LEGO...either from shop.lego.com or at a physical LEGO store.