Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
Just started playing through the base Dawn of War II campaign, it's more fun than I remember it being.

Also, yet another game with Steve Blum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I think it'd be easier to list games without Steve Blum.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
I just did a count and ive played through 34 of my 80 steam games. drat. Maybe i just should do this to. But we are right at the start of what looks to be a great gaming season to (deus ex 3, bulletstorm, duke4ever, dungeon siege 3, portal 2). gently caress.

Gehenomm
May 1, 2008

Ask me about hitting on mathematicians.
Hi! My name is Gehenomm and i have a problem. Actually, more like 121 little problems.

Of those i have completed 32.

Some of the games i haven't completed are the "never freakin' ends" type. But i generally enjoy them.

I think my main impediment is that i don't have much gaming time anymore, according to Steam, im averaging only 5 hours a week. So i don't think i'm going to put a dent in my backlog anytime soon. That doesn't mean i'm going to give up though.

I'm going to do like some of the guys in the thread and focus on one game at a time till completion then move to the next one. Hopefully i will be finishing some games before Steam's next big sale.

Wish me luck!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I beat Mafia 2, One down; tons to go.

I think I'm going to tackle a Tales of Money island episode next.

StockGround
Nov 1, 2010

Zedd posted:

Last game I beat was Mafia 2, but now the DLC I got is staring me down :(

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Zedd posted:

The first one is the weakest one.
The last two are EXTREMELY good though.

And speaking of those I should finish the first season of Sam and Max.

hogswallower
May 8, 2005

Precious Pig Bits
Got irritated and cheated through the last part of RTCW just to see what happens. I'm still gonna count it, though. I still got about six hours of play into it so I feel like I got my money's worth since it was part of the id pack. On to Majesty: Gold edition now!

Also, hate to see the thread die off so soon, but that looks like it might happen.

Mr Right
Dec 17, 2006
First name... 'Always'
I'll keep posting even if I'm alone! I'm halfway through Lara Croft and the GoL and I can see myself enjoying the game at some point but that isn't just now. It's a pretty solid action platformer, but I've not really been into that genre since the PS1 days.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm still working through Half Life 2. I don't have the time that I used to have to play games, and the previous two times I played this it was on easy and medium, so I'm going through on hard. I'm almost through Nova Prospekt now, so I'm in the final 1/3rd of the game.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
Majesty gold will take you a long time to get through. I think this thread is getting a bit slow on the updates as I'm assuming people are either spending their time playing through games or they've given up already.

E: typos

Devian666 fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 12, 2011

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~

Devian666 posted:

Majesty gold will take you a long time to get through. I think this thread is getting a bit slow on the updates as I'm assuming people are either spending their time p,aging through games or they've given up already.

It's been a slow burn for me. I hardly have time to play games anymore, and even less time to play them on my own. My go-to singleplayer game has been Bayonetta, but I've been playing Magicka with one of my friends much, much more.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Well I'm not as bad off as most of you are, but I still have way more perpetually pending games in my Steam account than I'd like. I currently have 58 games, 13 of which I've marked "Endless" (including sandbox games and MMOs), and 7 of which I've completed. It's my desire to beat the other 38 games.

I'll be going with the RNG method of game selection. If I roll up the sequel to a game I haven't beaten yet, I'll simply re-roll. I couldn't be bothered to seperate my sequels out, but I don't want to arbitrarily increase the odds of rolling up a game by deferring to it when its own sequel comes up.

And the first entry is... Portal. This is a bit of a lucky break, since it's a pretty short game that is so highly regarded.

Time to get installing.

EDIT: Well that was fun. One down, 37 to go!

The next one shall be... Mass Effect. Well, this one is gonna take a fair bit longer, but I guess that would have been true no matter which game I rolled up. Ah well! Forward, into space!

100 degrees Calcium fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 12, 2011

fatpat268
Jan 6, 2011

Evil Sagan posted:

The next one shall be... Mass Effect. Well, this one is gonna take a fair bit longer, but I guess that would have been true no matter which game I rolled up. Ah well! Forward, into space!

I don't think you'll regret playing Mass Effect. I didn't like it at first, but it quickly became one of my favorite games of all time.

The game starts off a bit slow, but it picks up once the games allows you to travel around the galaxy.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Evil Sagan posted:

Tip: Soldier is fun in the second game but in the first the class really suffers from its uhm...RPG-statsbased gunplay so to speak.
Roll an Adapt, use at least one other biotic; alternatively roll vanguard and boost barrier+shotguns and walk up to dudes and kill them point black with explosive rounds.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007

Zedd posted:

Tip: Soldier is fun in the second game but in the first the class really suffers from its uhm...RPG-statsbased gunplay so to speak.
Roll an Adapt, use at least one other biotic; alternatively roll vanguard and boost barrier+shotguns and walk up to dudes and kill them point black with explosive rounds.

I would think that Soldier suffers more because 90% of the enemies are bulletsponges that you just have to hold the trigger down for.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I should get into this. I have 246 games, of which I've completed is probably a minuscule percentage. I'm working on through the first Half-Life right now. If anyone has any suggestions for what I should try next, here's my games: http://steamcommunity.com/id/scotwilson/games?tab=all

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Didn't have much time this week, but I did get about 3 hours of Torchlight in on my lunch breaks.

That's progress, at least!

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

Parallax posted:

I should get into this. I have 246 games, of which I've completed is probably a minuscule percentage. I'm working on through the first Half-Life right now. If anyone has any suggestions for what I should try next, here's my games: http://steamcommunity.com/id/scotwilson/games?tab=all

Dead Space, Deus Ex, and The Witcher are all fantastic games.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Evil Sagan posted:

I just finished ME1 for the first time and started ME2.
ME1 isn't THAT long, my first time through took 15 hours and I definitely could have finished it faster but I liked wandering around and talking to people and reading the codex :v:

What I didn't like was wandering around on random planets in the mako for boring sidequests, skip that as they largely have nothing interesting on them.

I finished ME1 in 14 hours total, already put that much time into ME2 and I still have a lot of the game left and I am enjoying it a lot more.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
After beating the main bit of Osmos, I honestly don't think I could care to deal with the Forever level achievements, so on to the next game!

And it it..................CRYSIS (I got Crysis Warhead, but I'll play both I guess)

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Zedd posted:

But Light Armor looks so terrible :ohdear:

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

Master_Odin posted:

After beating the main bit of Osmos, I honestly don't think I could care to deal with the Forever level achievements, so on to the next game!

And it it..................CRYSIS (I got Crysis Warhead, but I'll play both I guess)

Nice, I had lots of fun with both of those. It's definitely not hard to play them back to back; it'll probably take you about 10-12 hours.

Recess Rapist
Jul 4, 2004
I no longer whack; I use a driptorch.
Finished Battlefield Bad Company 2 - what a stupid ending and a short game. Good thing the multiplayer is so good.

Next I guess I'll do Hitman 2 if I can stop sperging about getting levels absolutely perfect - some of them take me like an hour then something goes wrong and I restart.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Rookersh posted:

But Light Armor looks so terrible :ohdear:
Who cares about how you look when you can lift 3 dudes into the air at the same time. :shepface:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hello, my name is Fae and I have 95 Steam games, most of which I have never even played. I think I have a problem. I will resolve this, though!

The RNG gave me 87 which happens to be Morrowind. Not a bad way to start! Anyone have any tips for a first time player?

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

Faerie Fortune posted:

Anyone have any tips for a first time player?

Don't listen to the people who will inevitably tell you to install a billion mods before you even start the game up. Get a head replacer, the MGE if you want longer view distances, and maybe some texture packs and whatnot if you really feel like it. The game is great on its own, and you should play it vanilla at least for a while so you can get a feel for the game. If there's stuff that's really bothering you, there's most probably (definitely) a mod for it.

As far as the actual game goes, I would recommend that you shy away from a pure magic class for your first character. Also, read some in-game books. The lore is one of the best bits. Other than that, do whatever tickles your fancy.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Hi I have 78 games and I do not know which game to devote to playing fully right now. Can you guys help?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/iinteermiisiion

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

I'm slowly making my way through my backlog, but a lot of my games are sandbox types so those somewhat don't apply.

SmokinDan
Oct 24, 2010

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

Hi I have 78 games and I do not know which game to devote to playing fully right now. Can you guys help?

At least you've played most of your games. If you have a gamepad I'd recommend Bully. It's a really fun game.

naptalan
Feb 18, 2009

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

Left 4 Dead 2
0.1 hrs last two weeks / 2.1 hrs on record
60 of 61 Achievements Earned
:crossarms:

I vote The Longest Journey or Borderlands if you haven't finished it and have a friend to play with (it's really nowhere near as fun by yourself).

I'm a serial offender for not finishing games. I have over 200 games on Steam and have probably only installed half of them (let alone played), and I don't think I've finished a single one.

To begin rectifying this, I'm going through Majesty: Gold Edition. It's one of the first PC games I ever owned and I'm incredibly bad at it. :v: I think I'll settle for maybe 75% of quests completed as "finished", there's no way I can do the quest for the crown with the minotaurs who rush your castle in the first two minutes.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Going to finish at least Portal before I get a new FPS game. And then at least another Sam and Max episode before any sort of adventure.

Yeeah, don't know why I stopped at the 10th test chamber the first time.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Games list has been updated.

I haven't played much over the past week, or at all. I have been focused on finding a new place to live, which I have. After I sign the lease (tomorrow) and move in, I'll be playing a lot more.

SixOhSix
Apr 7, 2006

QUALITY SEIZURE-INDUCED GLITCH-HOP FUN!
So apparently my focus as of late is trying and weeding out games that I straight up don't enjoy. I started playing Yggdra Union, which I got free with another game, and have decided that about 4 hours of trying to get it was enough to call it quits. I can see others liking that game for sure, but man is it not my cup of tea. Battles and overall gameplay are just way too unpredictable and at the mercy of the RNG at points for it to be a tactical game.
Next is to continue weeding through some of the PSP backlocg to at least get that caught up, and then continue tackling the beast that is the PC backlog.

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
131 games.
Ones I've finished (ones w/out endings have been fully played out):
And Yet It Moves, Bioshock, Ben There Dan That, Braid, Europa Universalis 3, Lego Batman, Super Meat Boy, Half Life 1 & 2 & ep 1 & 2 & Lost Coast & Blue Shift & Opp Force, Jolly Rover (heh), L4D & L4D2, Portal, Puzzle Agent, Secret of Monkey Island, Civ 4 & 5 & Colonization, Day of Defeat & DoD:Source and Bully.

So 26/131 or 19.8%.
What should I play, now that I've declared EU3 done?

Awcko
May 26, 2009

Mo' Pushin'

Mo' Problems
Hello, my name is Awcko and I have 251 total games on Steam.

I've narrowed down a list of games that I want to try to beat the most out of everything, including some non-steam games.

Help me out, goons! What game should I focus on beating now?

edit: I should mention that I "beat" Super Meat Boy and I'm trying to get bandages and A+ ratings so I can get the bonus characters and the true ending.

Awcko fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 14, 2011

ButterChugger
Oct 12, 2007

My vote goes to Saint's Row 2 if it'll run decently. It's an absolute blast if you can play co-op with a friend.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
Finished Dawn of War 2's base campaign, started on Chaos Rising - the resource pack changes are kinda annoying, and I really wish it would give me some non-corrupting Terminator Armour.

Also Cyrus' AI really loves running right into a big horde and then dying a whole bunch.

Awcko
May 26, 2009

Mo' Pushin'

Mo' Problems

Aqua Hamster posted:

My vote goes to Saint's Row 2 if it'll run decently. It's an absolute blast if you can play co-op with a friend.

Saint's Row 2 it is! I had installed some mods that managed to make it run somewhat well, and I'll check with some friends to see if anyone wants to play through with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Awcko posted:

Saint's Row 2 it is! I had installed some mods that managed to make it run somewhat well, and I'll check with some friends to see if anyone wants to play through with me.

If the mods are SR2 powertools and Gentlemen of the Row, I would be willing to play in co-op some time. The mods need to be exactly the same for it to work don't they?