Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

That's all I can see now. It's like she's playing a joke on people by scotchtaping random dreads to her scalp and waiting how long it takes before people call her out on it.

caller : "Yeah Howard I'd like to ask Robin about her hair"

Howard : "uh okay, well she has these dreads and a set of big beautiful t-"

Robin : "UAAAA HAHAHHAUUGH" "HAHA HAHA HAHA" "You don't know me" "Who are you....Uahahahahagugugahaha"

aaaaaand scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

chiz posted:

ugh I can't stand Gary anymore with his effeminate (sp?) voice and just overall douchiness. I used to feel bad for him, but then I listened to the Wrap Up Show.

UGH x a million

I want to meet the people that still are fans of Gary. Do they just ignore what a giant horse toothed jackass he is?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I like him

Tom Ripley
Mar 21, 2010

by T. Finn
Robin: Listen! I don't normally do my hair like that, but the people in charge of the show said they had a very specific look for me, and I went along with it!

Gary: But Robin, your hair is exactly the same today. It's been like that for weeks!

Robin: Well OF COURSE it looks the same, I haven't been able to change it yet, DUMMY! Black people have to have their hair done. We can't just wake up in the morning and have a new hairstyle!

Howard: Yeah, don't you know anything about black people, Gary?

In a perfect world this would be a real conversation on the show.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
Sal's seriously going to end up in jail. I thought that beetlejuice thing was way over the line but the ron jeremy thing is just insane.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Someone should take a few screen shots of her hair and tweet it to Howard.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
jesus christ Lisa G is creepy with her ridiculous money fetish (and inability to get a man who actually has any).

Orgasming over Howard saying he planned something for 2 weeks for a ridiculous made up holiday makes Jeff the Vomit Guy seem like a normal human being.

poo poo, she makes Sal seem less weird.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Glumwheels posted:

I want to meet the people that still are fans of Gary. Do they just ignore what a giant horse toothed jackass he is?

In the 4+ years I've been listening to the show, I've always liked him, and wondered why you guys all ragged on him.

I'm starting to see it now.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
That poo poo with Lisa G is even more unsettling when you realize she is Howard's age.

And Sal - I hate to give Gary credit because I hate him, but he had it right: Sal only knows he did something wrong because he gets told he did something wrong and even then doesn't really understand.

Kragger99 posted:

In the 4+ years I've been listening to the show, I've always liked him, and wondered why you guys all ragged on him.

I'm starting to see it now.

I never really had a problem with Gary until Sirius. But now, ugh. Even his cadence pisses me off - he talks then starts talking so fast the words are all merged together. He also does something odd where he cuts himself off in the middle of a sentence to start another, all the while talking a hundred miles an hour.

It is exhausting to listen to him speak.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 10, 2011

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Just put Jim Bruer in the Artie chair already.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

No. A billion times over.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

I thought it was funny Jim specifically said he didnt want The Artie Chair. I think most people who we think would be good in that role are also friends with Artie and would not want to take that spot.
Of course then you have guys like Bob Levey and Yucko The Clown who didnt even wait for the knife to come out before they called Howard.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

quote:

No. A billion times over.

They need someone. They have him on the show so much it might as well be him. Joan Rivers could be interesting because its adding another woman to the show. There's too much dead air on the show now, and even missing ETM dumb calls in.

Although Beetle was great yesterday.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I thought it was funny Jim specifically said he didnt want The Artie Chair. I think most people who we think would be good in that role are also friends with Artie and would not want to take that spot.

Of course then you have guys like Bob Levey and Yucko The Clown who didnt even wait for the knife to come out before they called Howard.

Bob Levy isn't funny, and Yucko is a hack.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

sedative posted:

It's the season finale of Vegucating Robin :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogNSLAsPFMM&hd=1

I don't understand why she's gaining weight. It's not like she's eating french fries and ketchup or stuff like that.

And in this day and age, I'm sure all the places she travels every weekend have fruit-free / sugar-free "green drink" restaurants.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

Sal's seriously going to end up in jail. I thought that beetlejuice thing was way over the line but the ron jeremy thing is just insane.

Details?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kragger99 posted:

I don't understand why she's gaining weight. It's not like she's eating french fries and ketchup or stuff like that.

Cows are fat and all they eat is grass.

I would much rather see a health show hosted by Richard. The dude is doing something right, but I'm sure he's afraid Robin would find a way to get him fired if he did.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

GenoCanSing posted:

Details?

With beetle he put a hole in the bottom of a chicken bucket so beetle would grab it, with ron jeremy he was chasing some girl around he didn't know with his dick out because ron jeremy was doing it (ron knew the girl) and later tried to put his dick on ron jeremys head in a picture.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

No loving way. They always talk about the same loving thing when he's in the studio and I hate his impressions. At least today they didn't have him in studio as Pesci. That poo poo is so unfunny.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Glumwheels posted:

No loving way. They always talk about the same loving thing when he's in the studio and I hate his impressions. At least today they didn't have him in studio as Pesci. That poo poo is so unfunny.

Thank you.

He's criminally unfunny.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
Jim Bruer is awesome and hilarious :colbert:

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

"Police said they began an investigation last month after a child came forward. They interviewed all of the other students in the classroom and found eight other victims."

"Boner."

"And why is it called 'The X-Factor,' Simon?"

"Smegma."

Smeep fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 10, 2011

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Streebs posted:

Jim Bruer is awesome and hilarious :colbert:

Do you live in some parallel but opposite universe that is only linked to our world via Something Awful? Bruer is occasionally tolerable on the show but absolutely unlistenable on his own show.

edit: He's ok in scripted comedy. (So I'll forgive your ignorance about his horribleness.):cool::respek::clint:
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 10, 2011

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Indolent Bastard posted:

Do you live in some parallel but opposite universe that is only linked to our world via Something Awful? Bruer is occasionally tolerable on the show but absolutely unlistenable on his own show.

I don't listen to Bruer's show so I only really know him from Half Baked, a few SNL skits and Howard Stern.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Jim Breuer is hilarious and you haters need to shut the gently caress up :colbert:

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Breuer's stories about his dad and the only time he got high during the filming of Half Baked are incredibly funny. I must have listened/watched the time he was in as Joe Pesci three or four times.

"What do you think of building this mosque near 9/11?"
"Who gives a poo poo. Let'em pray."

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

When you guys reach a consensus about Jim Breuer can someone find me the George Taken YYYYYYYYYEEEEEAHHHHH parody version of The Hey Song? I'm googling and youtubing like a madman with no luck :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBohdltpVUY

I need it so bad right this second my brain is starting to cave in on itself :smithicide:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

With beetle he put a hole in the bottom of a chicken bucket so beetle would grab it, with ron jeremy he was chasing some girl around he didn't know with his dick out because ron jeremy was doing it (ron knew the girl) and later tried to put his dick on ron jeremys head in a picture.

What's the over/under on Sal getting fired by Sirius? Seriously, this is all basic sexual assault and someday he's going to get canned for it. The only really shocking thing is how he'll eventually take his own life shortly after.

As for Breuer, I don't think he'll take the job. I went to a show of his a year ago and he had video of him taking care of his dad as he slips into dementia.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

AltronHGX posted:

When you guys reach a consensus about Jim Breuer can someone find me the George Taken YYYYYYYYYEEEEEAHHHHH parody version of The Hey Song? I'm googling and youtubing like a madman with no luck :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBohdltpVUY

I need it so bad right this second my brain is starting to cave in on itself :smithicide:

aka "Rock and Roll Part 2" by the inimitable Gary Glitter

(sorry I don't know where the George Takei version is, but that might help your search)

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Let me preface this by saying I find Kevin Smith to be insufferable. He has diarrhea of the mouth, and I had to stop following him on Twitter because he was flooding my feed.

(Though his early movies will always have a special place in my heart)

That said - Howard completely made something up this morning in his discussion about why they don't have Kevin on the show - he said they don't have directors on often. That is utter bullshit. Just in the Sirius years they've had a ton: Quentin Tarantino, Eli Roth, Franics Ford Coppola, Ron Howard, M. Night, and James Cameron. (Though that might have been pre-Sirius.)

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Kelly posted:

Let me preface this by saying I find Kevin Smith to be insufferable. He has diarrhea of the mouth, and I had to stop following him on Twitter because he was flooding my feed.

(Though his early movies will always have a special place in my heart)

That said - Howard completely made something up this morning in his discussion about why they don't have Kevin on the show - he said they don't have directors on often. That is utter bullshit. Just in the Sirius years they've had a ton: Quentin Tarantino, Eli Roth, Franics Ford Coppola, Ron Howard, M. Night, and James Cameron. (Though that might have been pre-Sirius.)

Yeah, I thought that was interesting, too. I guess it could be Howard just not remembering; he seems to forget people who have been on the show from time to time. I do think most directors (and ones you mentioned) were in pre-Sirius. Back when they had decent guests.

The other thing that stuck out in that conversation was when Howard said he didn't want Kevin on because they were already "booked up": Jim Breuer was already scheduled. So I guess it's going to be a rare day when they have more than two guests in now.

I suppose it makes sense when you figure how short the show is now. Jim Breuer was in around 8:15 and stayed for an hour without (I think?) a commercial break. That's one third of the show when you remove the commercials, bumpers and songs! If they had two guests in, the news might go too late!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I used to be able to come back from lunch and listen to the news, but now they're on the 3rd live read in the news before I go.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

No Kevin Smith...who is promoting a movie Howard and crew might actually find interesting. Instead, we get A.C Slater.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

No Kevin Smith...who is promoting a movie Howard and crew might actually find interesting. Instead, we get A.C Slater.

I'm actually finding this interview pretty interesting.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

According to Twitter, it seemed like Kevin Smith didn't even try to book himself until pretty late anyway.

Say what you want about his movies but Kevin Smith is a fantastic guest.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

-Atom- posted:

According to Twitter, it seemed like Kevin Smith didn't even try to book himself until pretty late anyway.

Say what you want about his movies but Kevin Smith is a fantastic guest.

Howard mentioned that: He said Kevin boycotted the show for seven years, then asked if he could come in on Wednesday, with three days notice. Howard said they were already "booked up" with Jim Breuer.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

How does one boycott a show that doesn't actively try to book guests?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

How does one boycott a show that doesn't actively try to book guests?

Kevin explaining why he doesnt do the show anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnLajQYivXs

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.
During the Mark Sanchez discussions yesterday, and occasionally today, Howard has been doing an affected voice saying "Please!" -- what is this in reference to?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Butthole Prince posted:

During the Mark Sanchez discussions yesterday, and occasionally today, Howard has been doing an affected voice saying "Please!" -- what is this in reference to?

Howard's imitating the current Bachelor who apparently talks like George W Bush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
I like the Computer That Sits in the Artie Chair.