Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Captain Capacitor posted:

I took all of these, so I hope linking them like this is okay. I'll move them onto Waffle if not.

The last one, while just a stunt show, is just as badass to me. Stuntmen deserve some credit for the poo poo they go through.

Is that last one the Indiana Jones show at Disney World?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

zerox147o posted:

Is that last one the Indiana Jones show at Disney World?

Yes it is indeed.

The Taped Crusader
Nov 22, 2008

Sorry about the last frame, this is from Reddit.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

The Taped Crusader posted:

Sorry about the last frame, this is from Reddit.

Pretty impressive... But couldn't you just crop out the last part? :v:

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
The last part is so superfluous, it automatically appeared in my head before I even looked at it.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out
Excavator drivers are often loving insane in a badass way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1CMSV81_ws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE02TxLlRQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBMUvAUPTGM

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Okay... now, how does he plan on getting down?

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Chantilly Say posted:

Okay... now, how does he plan on getting down?

After extensive googling I found the 'after' photos where he gets the digger back down again:

Even more impressive than getting it up there!!

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

From this scene. About 2:30 in.

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
This is Major Kim Reed-Campbell, USAF:

Why is she a bad rear end? Not only is she a fantastic pilot, she also flies my favorite plane, the A-10 Thunderbolt II:

In 2003, as she was finishing up a Close Air Support mission in Iraq, her A-10 Warthog got shot up by enemy fire. From Wikipedia:

quote:

The damage occurred when she was flying a mission over Baghdad on 7 April 2003. "We did our job with the guys there on the ground, and as we were on our way out is when I felt the jet get hit. It was pretty obvious - it was loud ... I lost all hydraulics instantaneously, and the jet rolled left and pointed toward the ground, which was an uncomfortable feeling over Baghdad. It didn't respond to any of my control inputs." She tried several procedures to get the aircraft under control, none of which worked; last, she put the plane into manual reversion, meaning she was flying the aircraft without hydraulics. The aircraft immediately responded. "The jet started climbing away from the ground, which was a good feeling because there was no way I wanted to eject over Baghdad." With some technical advice from her flight leader, Lieutenant Colonel Turner, she flew the injured plane for an hour back to the air base. "The jet was performing exceptionally well. I had no doubt in my mind I was going to land that airplane." Landing was tricky: "When you lose all the hydraulics, you don't have speed brakes, you don't have brakes, and you don't have steering."

Pretty loving bad rear end if you ask me.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

This is a picture of the Lockheed SR-71, aka "Blackbird" (which had A, B, and C variants):

Optimal cruising speed was Mach 3.2. When fired upon, the procedure was to outrun the missile.

Also, here's an overbred American "Johnson" Bulldog:

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE
Putin deserves to be in this thread. :colbert:

:black101:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Heintron posted:

Putin deserves to be in this thread. :colbert:

:black101:

What the hell kinda gun is that? (besides badass)

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

What the hell kinda gun is that? (besides badass)

I think it's a dart gun for shooting tranquilizer rounds.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
More specifically relevant to this thread, it's a tranquilizer gun of the type he used to tranqulize a tiger. http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2008/sep/01/russia

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Putin's also loving loaded to the tune of $40 billion if the rumors are to be believed.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Heintron posted:

Uh, Mr. Chairman, that is not how you wear those...

You know what, nevermind, forget I said anything, sorry.

Although Vladimir Putin is probably one of the most evil people that has ever existed, I have to admit, the guy is pretty badass.

Heres Hank
Oct 20, 2008

co199 posted:

Why is she a bad rear end? Not only is she a fantastic pilot, she also flies my favorite plane, the A-10 Thunderbolt II:

In 2003, as she was finishing up a Close Air Support mission in Iraq, her A-10 Warthog got shot up by enemy fire. From Wikipedia:

I would have been satisfied if you just posted an A-10, but the pilot standing next to an A-10 that she flew after it was shot the gently caress up, that's a hell of a bonus.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

co199 posted:

Reminds me of something I saw in the Horrible Mechanical Failures thread a while back:

Except it wasn't so much a failure on the part of the aircraft, but on the part of the SAM.

I'm trying to find photos of an A-10 that had a good chunk of it's wing blown off during the First Gulf War, but no luck.

I loving love this plane.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Well, the missing badass Putin picture was this;

Talk about security failures!

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out
Parkour is pretty cool, but it was totally badass back in the 1930s.

beavis and bundt cake
Apr 8, 2007

dinozombiesgoRARR posted:

Parkour is pretty cool, but it was totally badass back in the 1930s.

This is really awesome. Does anyone know the name of the song?

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008

Barometer posted:

any backstory on this? was he undercover or something?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

cosmin posted:

any backstory on this? was he undercover or something?

It's never actually been verified that the man in the photo is Putin. The story that was attached to it was that it was a KGB agent and his family who were planted in Red Square with instructions to ask Reagan about Human Rights issues in the US. Reagan's photographer later "confirmed" that it was Putin, though that's not exactly slam-dunk evidence.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I really don't see Putin in that. He lacks the 'I'll kill you if you so much as twitch'-look in his eyes. Then again, he was younger, so maybe he hasn't developed that look yet, instead having to make do with a normal/geeky expression most of the time and Blue Steel for special occasions.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Nah. Young Putin was still pretty intimidating.

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Wanna be professional criminals with me?

funtax posted:

Jeez he can be one creepy looking dude.

"Whats that? A rocket is launching behind me, I'm sorry I can't hear you over how cool I am."

Click here for the full 1280x866 image.

These Green Berets right here and others like them would participate in missions during the Vietnam War that were so secret many were never awarded the medals they deserved because the heroic acts they committed technically never happened. Also dozens were killed and their families were never told how their sons died saving lives and such.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

funtax posted:

He only has one expression, of vaguely veiled anger and contempt.

Who looks like that when they're carrying their newborn baby, for Pete's sake?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Click here for the full 1500x1125 image.

Mug shot of De Gracy (sic) and Edward Dalton. Details unknown. Central Police Station, Sydney, around 1920.

Laivaren
Sep 15, 2006

apsouthern posted:

Mug shot of De Gracy (sic) and Edward Dalton. Details unknown. Central Police Station, Sydney, around 1920.

Christian Bale and Dennis Quaid?

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Wanna be professional criminals with me?

apsouthern posted:

Wow, who are these bad-asses?

I love old school mugshots:
Frank Sinatra

Pretty Boy Floyd

Baby Face Nelson

Machine Gun Kelly

Click here for the full 665x451 image.

John Dillinger

Not a mugshot, but Butch Cassidy's Wild Bunch

Click here for the full 757x600 image.

Also does anyone have the mugshot of some young kid shackled and he is making GBS threads on a bench in front of an iron wall? It is from the American Civil War Era I think.

Edit: Me talk pretty one day

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm guessing this is it?

Lewis Thornton Powell, involved in the conspiracy to assassinate Lincoln. Executed soon after this photo was taken.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm guessing this is it?

Lewis Thornton Powell, involved in the conspiracy to assassinate Lincoln. Executed soon after this photo was taken.

That's the less-cool picture of Powell.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Barometer posted:

My history teacher told us that if that is indeed Putin, as a KGB agent, then one of those cameras was definitely a gun. Although it seems like that would have been the worst way imaginable to kill Reagan...but anyway.

Click here for the full 800x598 image.

Yes, that's Scotty from Star Trek, real name James Doohan.

Memory-Alpha posted:

Shortly after the outbreak of the Second World War, nineteen-year-old Doohan enlisted as a gunner in the Royal Canadian Artillery. After rising through the ranks to Sergeant, he won a place at Officer Training School, becoming a Lieutenant in the Thirteenth Field Regiment.

On 6 June 1944, Doohan, by then promoted to Command Post Officer (Captain), was among the Canadian forces sent to take Juno Beach in Normandy as part of the D-Day invasion. He was in command of 120 men. That night, Doohan was machine-gunned when returning to his command post, sustaining wounds in the leg, right hand and chest – a cigarette case caught a bullet that would otherwise have killed him – and lost the middle finger of his right hand (because of this injury, outside of rare occasions, Doohan would conceal that portion of his right hand in film shots.) "I was twenty-four," Doohan wrote in his book Beam Me Up, Scotty, "And if the Germans had been marginally better shots, I wouldn't have seen twenty-five."
He was posted to 666 (AOP) RCAF Squadron, where he flew the AUSTER Mark V aircraft, a dangerous, low-level flight tasking for artillery officers who photographed enemy positions, and directed artillery fire from the air. Although 666 (AOP) RCAF Squadron was not sent into battle, the unit was stationed at Apeldoorn, Holland, through the summer of 1945 to conduct "air taxi" duties

Finally, badassery of another sort:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsSdLD_YodQ

Oh also, his ashes were shot into space.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Couldn't find a bigger picture, sorry:

John Saxon at 71 pressing a 70lb/32kg kettlebell. :black101:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

I'm guessing this is it?

It always astonishes me just how modern (or rather timeless?) this picture looks. You could put it into a modern gallery and nobody would guess it's some 150 years old.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...

Geisladisk posted:

Uh, Mr. Chairman, that is not how you wear those...

You know what, nevermind, forget I said anything, sorry.

Although Vladimir Putin is probably one of the most evil people that has ever existed, I have to admit, the guy is pretty badass.

I distinctly remember the first time I saw this guy's picture - 'holy hell, that is one scary dude'. I mean, he absolutely positively screams 'former KGB death-dealer' just at a glance. He's probably the only major foreign leader in history who could take out Teddy Roosevelt without breaking a sweat.

And I didn't even know a 10th of it back then. He might very well be the most frightening person on the planet.

/derail

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

Apparently Putin thoroughly researches other foreign leaders so he can properly manipulate/intimidate them.

Supposedly Angela Merkel of Germany has a fear of dogs - like a full on phobia. What does Putin do when she comes to visit and work out some deals? Has his two pet giant scary dogs in the room the entire time sitting at their feet.

God bless that man.

acejackson42 posted:

I distinctly remember the first time I saw this guy's picture - 'holy hell, that is one scary dude'. I mean, he absolutely positively screams 'former KGB death-dealer' just at a glance. He's probably the only major foreign leader in history who could take out Teddy Roosevelt without breaking a sweat.

The American in me calls bullshit.

Content, in the theme of world leaders, both here and in a galaxy far far away:

JerkyBunion has a new favorite as of 05:42 on Feb 13, 2011

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

acejackson42 posted:

He's probably the only major foreign leader in history who could take out Teddy Roosevelt without breaking a sweat.

Caracalla disagrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Caracalla, the man known for building admittedly pretty bathhouses?
I think in this bust he is furious about the temporary lack of warm water in jacuzzi XVI

• Locked thread