Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

TransatlanticFoe posted:

This is always my go-to Best Show recommendation. The Spike and Milo calls are amazing.

It's fantastic as well. Any PFT episode of The Best Show is going to be superb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

I love the Gathering of the Juggalos discussion, if only for the 40-60 second part where both Paul and Tom are just laughing hysterically. It's incredible.

Holy poo poo! I'm at work and I can't breathe because I'm laughing so hard.

What's great is that right after they laugh for like a minute straight the start up the tape again and... "IT'S THE CLOSEST THING TO SHANGRI LA ON EARTH!"

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Who Charted? is my new favorite podcast. Every episode has been gold.

Faikon
Aug 2, 2007

I wrote a 46 page story about a Dark Eldar girl who hates her parents, need critiques please.

bananasinpajamas posted:

I really have not been able to get into it. Something about the way Kremer speaks really puts me off, and Kulap oversells every line. The concept itself is interesting enough, and the guests have tended to be people I like, but I can't get through an episode.

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

Faikon posted:

I really have not been able to get into it. Something about the way Kremer speaks really puts me off, and Kulap oversells every line. The concept itself is interesting enough, and the guests have tended to be people I like, but I can't get through an episode.

Old people be hatin'

COMPUTER SECRETS
Oct 6, 2003

Pig Sooie

bananasinpajamas posted:

It's definitely joined the list of Podcasts I listen to immediately along with CDR-R, Doug Loves Movies, & Radiolab. The episode with Matt Besser had me giggling the entire time. (I hope he did not commit NCAA violations by messaging potential Arkansas recruits and offering them tickets to UCB though :()

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Speaking of Who Charted?, a new episode was posted today with Doug Benson.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Faikon posted:

I really have not been able to get into it. Something about the way Kremer speaks really puts me off

His pronunciation of banana perhaps?

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I love Who Charted. It is quickly becoming a favourite, but when Kulap sings along to songs I just want to punch things. I hate when girls sing along to songs but can't sing in tune with it.

sm3g4
Nov 1, 2000
I know it's really pedantic of me, but I'd like Who Charted a lot more if they didn't all have to shout "NUMBER TWO!" or whatever after each item. Something about that annoys the hell out of me and I can't finish an entire episode. Just a pet peeve I guess.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

sm3g4 posted:

I know it's really pedantic of me, but I'd like Who Charted a lot more if they didn't all have to shout "NUMBER TWO!" or whatever after each item. Something about that annoys the hell out of me and I can't finish an entire episode. Just a pet peeve I guess.

I love it, because I love how half serious they all sound when they say it.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Faikon posted:

Something about the way Kremer speaks really puts me off

Is it because he sounds like a 70 year old man? I have never heard such an old man voice from a 40 year old guy.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Wyld Cannon posted:

Is it because he sounds like a 70 year old man? I have never heard such an old man voice from a 40 year old guy.

A 40 year old man who sounds like a 70 year old man who's also a rapper!

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
Wow, lots of Who Charted hate itt. I personally love everything about it. Everything down to Kulap to Kramer's voice to goddamn Katie Perry being on their charts for the first few weeks. :suicide:

I'm glad they're seeing that they can't have the same thing every week and are making it more of their own picks. I was really impressed when they started replacing some of the items mid countdown because it was on there too long.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Speaking of Howard's rapping, does anyone know if the lyrics to "Music Chart" are mostly gibberish? I can't really hear words after "It's the music chart".

Also I don't really know the words to "Movie Chart" but I'm pretty sure he says something about Kulap at the end.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Wyld Cannon posted:

Speaking of Howard's rapping, does anyone know if the lyrics to "Music Chart" are mostly gibberish? I can't really hear words after "It's the music chart".

Also I don't really know the words to "Movie Chart" but I'm pretty sure he says something about Kulap at the end.

I'm pretty sure it's just gibberish and at the end he says kulap.

cioxx
Jul 14, 2001

Want to hear something really funny?

Episode 3 or Talking poo poo with Jim Jeffries. It gets really gross in the middle.

http://talkinsht.libsyn.com/j-e-talkin-poo poo-mp3-for-audio-podcasting-mp3

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

t3ch3 posted:

His pronunciation of banana perhaps?

BAH-NA-NA!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think Kulap is adorable. :)

Rudy Riot
Nov 18, 2007

I'll catch you Bran! Hmm... nevermind.
The Never Not Funny with Conan is free:
http://pardcast.libsyn.com/episode-811f-conan-o-brien-1

Haven't listened to it yet, but should be good.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Rudy Riot posted:

The Never Not Funny with Conan is free:
http://pardcast.libsyn.com/episode-811f-conan-o-brien-1

Haven't listened to it yet, but should be good.

It's excellent, but I wonder if they ever got their steaks :sweatdrop:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Would it be worth it to put together a Best Show thread and if so what forum would it go in? I know that most other FOT's are about as rabid as I am so it would probably make for a pretty good thread. I guess he has an official forum already but I have never really got into posting there.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
For any goons who do a podcast, I just registered http://www.gooncasts.com! (link doesn't work at the moment, but it is registered)

Hopefully someone can help me get a PHP database-type thing going, but initially the site will be a straight-up listing of goon podcasts with logos, links (blog/site/RSS/iTunes), descriptions and other simple HTML things, until I can figure out how to put in Twitter and RSS feeds and stuff like that. For now, fill in this Google Spreadsheet with your show's info and I'll put it on the site in the next week or so.

If GoDaddy continues to screw up linking their UK and US servers I'll move the Digital Porridge files and links to point to this new hosting.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

NESguerilla posted:

Would it be worth it to put together a Best Show thread and if so what forum would it go in? I know that most other FOT's are about as rabid as I am so it would probably make for a pretty good thread. I guess he has an official forum already but I have never really got into posting there.

The Opie & Anthony and Stern threads are in TVIV, so I would assume it would go there.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

krushgroove posted:

For any goons who do a podcast, I just registered http://www.gooncasts.com! (link doesn't work at the moment, but it is registered)

Hopefully someone can help me get a PHP database-type thing going, but initially the site will be a straight-up listing of goon podcasts with logos, links (blog/site/RSS/iTunes), descriptions and other simple HTML things, until I can figure out how to put in Twitter and RSS feeds and stuff like that. For now, fill in this Google Spreadsheet with your show's info and I'll put it on the site in the next week or so.

If GoDaddy continues to screw up linking their UK and US servers I'll move the Digital Porridge files and links to point to this new hosting.

Great idea. I can see a wiki kinda thing working out well.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

krushgroove posted:

Thanks. I added my infoshizzle.

Let me know when the site is up and we can trade hardlinks for the googles. That goes for anyone else who podcasts on here. If you're running your own hosted site we should trade links and whatnot. To not poo poo up this thread with link trades please PM or email me at loureads @ the googles

Also if anyone ever needs a guess skyperer for their shows or whatever I'm happy to oblige.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

I would be up for a Best Show thread.

Flying-Chip
May 2, 2004

The Lavender Hour did a really funny parody of WTF on their last episode. I liked it specially because I hate WTF.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Wyld Cannon posted:

Pardo kinda has an old man voice too.:kiddo:

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Majorian posted:

Pardo kinda has an old man voice too.:kiddo:

I hate Pardo. He puts on such a radio voice affect. It's weird.

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003

Evil Agita posted:

That is completely his real voice.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Pardo is awesome. Maron is awesome. Anyone who disagrees is not paying attention :colbert:

I listen to Who Charted, but it's not my favorite. Someone before had said that they like the way that the chart discussion segues into the "personal" discussion, but I actually think that Kremer cuts off a good flow to shoehorn in the name of the next chart entry (though I think that the Roulette and Dart games make up for it).

Based on Maron's interview, I think I want to listen to Ned Reyerson's podcast. He is a total ham, and came in loaded with material (which Maron's usually against), but the man's a pretty amazing storyteller and has a skilled hand with irrelevant, but compelling details and sidenotes.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Evil Agita posted:

Yeah. I kind of agree with this. I don't get why he's so popular. I listed to a couple of the sample episodes of his show and just don't dig his over-the-top-ness. Even when he was on DLM I was wishing he'd shut up. Obviously I'm in the minority but his is a podcast I wouldn't pay a penny for. I just don't GET him.

I finally listened to the WTF with Dave Foley. I really liked how he and Maron really clicked on their women issues and other dysfunctionality. I'd never heard that story about his marriages. Really crazy.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

King Lou posted:

Yeah. I kind of agree with this. I don't get why he's so popular. I listed to a couple of the sample episodes of his show and just don't dig his over-the-top-ness. Even when he was on DLM I was wishing he'd shut up. Obviously I'm in the minority but his is a podcast I wouldn't pay a penny for. I just don't GET him.

Pardo's said that DLM fans almost universally hate him. I like DLM alright, but NNF wins, hands down, for me. I can understand the audience division, though: they are almost exactly opposite personalities/personas.

EDIT: I actually think that there may be a "family" line being drawn. I think that I may like Matt Belknap's work in general (NNF, Smartest Man in the World) and, for the most part I feel a lot less strongly about (or actually dislike) a lot of Earwolf stuff.

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 10, 2011

Rudy Riot
Nov 18, 2007

I'll catch you Bran! Hmm... nevermind.

King Lou posted:

I finally listened to the WTF with Dave Foley. I really liked how he and Maron really clicked on their women issues and other dysfunctionality. I'd never heard that story about his marriages. Really crazy.

Dave Foley was at Comedy Death Ray tuesday this week and I was curious to see how his stand-up would be after hearing that interview. It was SO bad... pretty cringe-worthy. I've been rewatching Kids in the Hall on Netflix (also because of that WTF) and it's still a loving hilarious show. It's just that you can tell that he's completely uncomfortable and out of his element trying to do stand-up. I felt bad for him. Patton Oswalt opened the night and totally killed, which probably didn't help things either.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Maron's show is ultimately all about him, regardless of the guest. I feel like he lets them tell their stories so he gets opportunities to talk about himself, like a comedy Charlie Rose.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The Modern Leper posted:

Pardo's said that DLM fans almost universally hate him. I like DLM alright, but NNF wins, hands down, for me. I can understand the audience division, though: they are almost exactly opposite personalities/personas.

What's sad is that there has to be sides picked? Both podcasts and personalities are incredibly different, but also very good. I'm excited for when either comes out. People are dumb.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

bananasinpajamas posted:

Great idea. I can see a wiki kinda thing working out well.

Yeah this might be a better thing, I've never set up a wikia type site but I'm sure there are templates available. It would be easier to have people organize and update their own info as well.

King Lou posted:

Thanks. I added my infoshizzle.

Let me know when the site is up and we can trade hardlinks for the googles. That goes for anyone else who podcasts on here. If you're running your own hosted site we should trade links and whatnot. To not poo poo up this thread with link trades please PM or email me at loureads @ the googles

Also if anyone ever needs a guess skyperer for their shows or whatever I'm happy to oblige.

Hardlinks and such are one of the reasons for setting up this sort of thing, plus promos and guest spots (great idea!). I'll post here and in the Who Else Podcasts thread when the first version of the site is up, and hopefully get a wiki/something 2.0 site up soon after.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

bananasinpajamas posted:

What's sad is that there has to be sides picked? Both podcasts and personalities are incredibly different, but also very good. I'm excited for when either comes out. People are dumb.

I can't help but agree. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of popular podcasts and even TV shows. I get them, but it's just my taste in comedy that doesn't make me like them.

Jimmy Pardo is pretty simple. It's Rickles-esque, poo poo on you a bit then improve a lot while working the crowd. The things might be old hat, like not getting something obvious, but he is fast, similar to Paul F. Tompkins in a way.

That is who he is. That is what to get. I can understand why some people don't like him. Maybe he's just grasping for things and relying only on a couple jokes here and there, but it's his personality that seems to get him laughs, especially with guests. He's fast thinking makes him pretty good at improvising with people and that improvising sometimes goes down some weird paths.

Some people just don't like that kind of humor. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
How can you not like Pardo in the episode of DLM with Lithgow?

• Locked thread