Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fantabulero posted:

It it's not too much trouble, sure, I'd appreciate it! I can let you know by tomorrow morning whether or not I was able to get a hold of that other one. Thanks!

I put it aside, just lemme know man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantabulero
Apr 28, 2009

POP, POP!

Rhyno posted:

I put it aside, just lemme know man!

I did not get that other one, so I'd definitely like the one you put aside! You can reach me at fantabulero @ gmail to discuss the money and shipping and whatnot.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
So, I guess most stores should be getting in some old and new Iron Man 2 6" figures under an "Avengers Assemble: Armored Avenger" packaging:http://insidepulse.com/2011/01/07/iron-man-the-armored-avenger-marvel-legends-images-appear/

Some people have already found 'em, and it's a pretty good chance to get the excellent War Machine figure if you missed out the first time. Hopefully they will re-release the Mk.IV armor. That one was the best to me, and was way too hard to find among the sea of Mk.V's clogging the shelves at Wal-mart.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

For anyone who bought the Club Ecto-1 packages they started shipping today. I'm assuming the Club Eternia figure started too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm kinda frustrated with the lack of figures for the current incarnation of Multiple Man. Every time they release a figure it's always him wearing that dman containment suit from the original X-Factor series. I remember Marvel Legends teased making a figure of the current version but he lost in the poll to decide who to make to Deadpool and Warpath (I think). But I also heard that they would eventually release the other characters. Did I just miss the release or something?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm kinda frustrated with the lack of figures for the current incarnation of Multiple Man. Every time they release a figure it's always him wearing that dman containment suit from the original X-Factor series. I remember Marvel Legends teased making a figure of the current version but he lost in the poll to decide who to make to Deadpool and Warpath (I think). But I also heard that they would eventually release the other characters. Did I just miss the release or something?

I'm with you. He's my favorite Marvel character, and I'd love to buy a (Marvel Legends) figure with him in his current look. Plus, collectors would almost certainly buy multiples. It would be a no-brainer!

Fantabulero
Apr 28, 2009

POP, POP!
Hey Rhyno - sorry to hassle you, but I didn't hear anything since Sunday/Monday, and I was just wondering if you still have that Kyle Rayner figure? Thanks!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fantabulero posted:

Hey Rhyno - sorry to hassle you, but I didn't hear anything since Sunday/Monday, and I was just wondering if you still have that Kyle Rayner figure? Thanks!

I do I just got super busy with work and then an old buddy came to town and we drank for like 3 days straight. I'll get a quote to you in a bit.

edit: Just realized I didn't have you address yet, emailed you.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 16, 2011

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Any interest in a metric fuckload of Mighty Muggs? I have all the Transformers, all the GI Joe, most of the Indiana Jones and all but 2 or 3 of the Marvels.

CRACK FIRE BEATS
Sep 11, 2001
These are great, Kotobukiya Classic X-Men busts. Finally got Storm in today and I think it's my favorite out of the bunch. Know I need to find a big enough space to display them.

Click here for the full 1920x1077 image.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Still going through my stuff. I have all the previous waves of TRU Marvel Legends two packs available and one more Green Lantern 5 packs (40 shipped loose)

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Pretty Hat Machine posted:

Still going through my stuff. I have all the previous waves of TRU Marvel Legends two packs available and one more Green Lantern 5 packs (40 shipped loose)

Does that include the Winter Soldier? I might be interested in him.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

No the waves that are NOT the fan's choice waves

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
If anyone is looking for the Green Lantern five pack, they are in the clearance section of most Walmarts. The one closest to my house has five of them marked down to $25 or $30.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!

Havoc904 posted:

If anyone is looking for the Green Lantern five pack, they are in the clearance section of most Walmarts. The one closest to my house has five of them marked down to $25 or $30.

Where do you live?

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
Is there anywhere that still carries the JLA trophy room green lantern power battery? I have checked all of the places I normally buy stuff from, but no one seems to have them, so I can only assume they were a limited production type of thing?

I only ever see the same one on ebay that is selling for 999 bucks, which is way more than I am going to pay for one.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

AlkalinePunk posted:

Where do you live?

In the a suburb of Dallas (one of many). The Wal-mart is actually down the highway from DFW. If anyone wants one, I can swing in there this weekend and ship it off next week.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Havoc904 posted:

In the a suburb of Dallas (one of many). The Wal-mart is actually down the highway from DFW. If anyone wants one, I can swing in there this weekend and ship it off next week.

Hey, cool, my Wal-Mart has those too, except mine's in Denton on 288. Unless you're actually talking about that Wal-Mart in which case :pwn:

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

3 posted:

Hey, cool, my Wal-Mart has those too, except mine's in Denton on 288. Unless you're actually talking about that Wal-Mart in which case :pwn:

Nope, I'm talking about the one off of 635 and Macarthur. I live in Las Colinas right now, so that is the easiest one for me to stop by on the way home from work.

If you are ever hunting for rare toys though, I have had alot of luck at the Target at that same exit. I have found most waves out at that one weeks before they hit anywhere else. Hell, I even found two of those Movie Masters Batman ghoul chase figures on the same day at that store. This was when they were at their hottest directly following the release of TDK.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Last call on:
Martian Manhunter Variant
Sinestro Batman
Starman (red)

$10 each (shipping not included)

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico

Rhyno posted:

Any interest in a metric fuckload of Mighty Muggs? I have all the Transformers, all the GI Joe, most of the Indiana Jones and all but 2 or 3 of the Marvels.

Do you have the second wolverine mugg, in the cowboy hat and such?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Satch posted:

Do you have the second wolverine mugg, in the cowboy hat and such?

I just sold it on Amazon...

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
DCUC just came into stock at BBTS. In a week or so I'll be silly with Batman characters. I'm really looking forward to AzBats and classic Riddler.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Picked up the Hawkgirl/Gentleman Ghost 2-Pack at my ghetto Wal-mart. Now to figure out what to do with 2 Hawkgirls.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Found out the GL 5 packs are on clearance at the semi local wal mart.

Anyone still looking for it? I think they are 30$.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
They have arrived

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Open pictures:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I picked up Azbats. Haven't opened him yet but it looks like the glue holding his belt on is already coming loose. Keep an eye on that.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
My local toys r us has their MOTU/DCUC 2 packs on sale for 25 bucks. Do the regular MOTU figures look as bad as the ones in these packs?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

God I cannot wait to get that Azrael Batman. I preordered one through Amazon.com way back, still hasn't shipped though.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

quote:

In one the most creative action figure collaborations of 2011, McFarlane Toys announced today two separate deals concerning the licensing rights of “The Walking Dead.” The first is with AMC to create action figures based on the original series that premiered on the network in October of last year. The second is with Robert Kirkman to also create action figures based on the comic-book series created by him. This is the first time action figures have been produced and both lines are available to retailers this Fall.

The first series of deluxe 6-inch figures is releasing in September 2011, includes four fan-favorite characters from the Image comic book including:

THE WALKING DEAD Series 1
Officer Rick Grimes
Michonne
Zombie Lurker
Zombie Roamer

The second series of deluxe 6-inch figures is revealed in November 2011 and introduces four figures based on AMC’s original drama including:

THE WALKING DEAD Series 2
Deputy Rick Grimes
Daryl Dixon
Zombie Walker
Zombie Biter

Each human figure includes multiple interchangeable accessories and several points of articulation for limitless possibility and customization. Each zombie figure features unique, gory, play action such as exploding heads and removable limbs. Figures are expected to sell for around $14.99 at retailers nationwide.

Posting this because I figured some of you would care. I'm not collecting any sub 1/6 stuff except WWRp toys, though. What the gently caress happened to McFarlane's quality? I know he hasn't put anything out in a while, but that looks especially terrible. The photoshop coloring does the figures no favors, though, so maybe they'll look better in person.

Also I dislike the Walking Dead immensely.

Edit: the Lurker looks better, but still lovely:

profbobo fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 11, 2011

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The weird thing is with McFarlane stuff, 15 years ago when everything had 5 POA and no paint of sculpt they were amazing. Today when everyone has as good or better sculpt and insane articulation it makes McFarlane's stuff look really bad since it has not really changed at all.

What is strange is that McFarlane is perfectly able to make fully articulated figures, that Spawn Anniversary figure is a perfect example, they just still choose to this day to keep making plastic statues. The rest of the industry has passed them by, NECA came up and basically took their specialty market and the Spawn stuff peaked years ago.

I am always glad to have more zombie figures but those are going to take a ton of work to be up to snuff.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

McF should have gone all out and done the comic book ones in black and white.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
There's black and white stuff in the works, according to a mod on their boards. I honestly can't remember the last McF toy I bought. I'm sorting through 15+ years of toys to get rid of now, and getting pretty nostalgic about some of the earlier McFarlane stuff, I have to be honest.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I'm so loving sick of zombies right now. I could probably go the rest of my life without ever reading or watching anything zombie related.

And yeah, McFarlane is pretty much surviving right now on Halo toys, which are decently articulated. Djarum is right, everything McFarlane has ever done, has been done by Neca and better. Between Neca, Square-Enix, and Jazwares, it's a pretty great time to collect video game toys. Can't wait for the revoltech Samus either.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

I'm so loving sick of zombies right now. I could probably go the rest of my life without ever reading or watching anything zombie related.

And yeah, McFarlane is pretty much surviving right now on Halo toys, which are decently articulated. Djarum is right, everything McFarlane has ever done, has been done by Neca and better. Between Neca, Square-Enix, and Jazwares, it's a pretty great time to collect video game toys. Can't wait for the revoltech Samus either.

Revoltech Samus? How did I not know about this? Once I am back on my feet I am already planning on a Rapeface Woody and Professor Layton Revoltech. I guess there is another one on the list.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

They've only released teaser pictures of the silhouette and the words "coming in 2011" so far, but I'm 99% sure it will be awesome and worth the $40 or whatever they'll be charging for it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

profbobo posted:

There's black and white stuff in the works, according to a mod on their boards. I honestly can't remember the last McF toy I bought. I'm sorting through 15+ years of toys to get rid of now, and getting pretty nostalgic about some of the earlier McFarlane stuff, I have to be honest.
I've been buying some of their Halo Reach stuff; they've released 5 of the 6 Noble Team members so far and they look pretty excellent arrayed on a shelf together.

I also got this dude for dirt-cheap at my local secondhand store a few days ago, still sealed in the package:

It's the bad guy from 'Species II'. The figure is REALLY big, too. Like, scaled properly with their previous Eve figure.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Hopefully some of you guys are still interested in McFarlane / Marvel Legends / misc poo poo from forever ago when I make a b/s thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Ve vill cut off your chohnson!