Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Neena posted:

^^9 a.m. EST. There's a countdown here http://www.ladygaga.com/bornthisway/index.htm e: beaten so bad

Ugh I hope she doesn't do what Nicki Minaj did and have different exclusive tracks available depending on what retailer you bought it from. I love Nicki but that was annoying.

Just gonna throw it out here that it is 2011 and you do have the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pig Boots
Apr 10, 2009

literally me

Neena posted:

^^9 a.m. EST. There's a countdown here http://www.ladygaga.com/bornthisway/index.htm e: beaten so bad

Ugh I hope she doesn't do what Nicki Minaj did and have different exclusive tracks available depending on what retailer you bought it from. I love Nicki but that was annoying.

I'm thinking it'll be like what Taylor Swift did with "Speak Now"* (regular album plus one deluxe version available only through Target). At least, I hope it will work the same way. Gaga might have international versions with different bonus tracks or something, though.

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword now
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm opposed on principle.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Good thing I get 15% off at Target. I know where i'll be on release :3:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

realqueenbetty posted:

I'm opposed on principle.

Buy it at one store (or even better, straight through her website) and then just get the other bonus poo poo however you have to. If it makes you feel any better, I'm fairly certain Gaga herself has said she doesn't give a poo poo about piracy. And it's not like any of that $10 you're giving to Target or Best Buy or wherever is going to end up in her hands anyway.

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister

TheJoker138 posted:

Buy it at one store (or even better, straight through her website) and then just get the other bonus poo poo however you have to. If it makes you feel any better, I'm fairly certain Gaga herself has said she doesn't give a poo poo about piracy. And it's not like any of that $10 you're giving to Target or Best Buy or wherever is going to end up in her hands anyway.
I was joking.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

realqueenbetty posted:

I was joking.

Me am good at reading jokes on the internet :doh:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Well, the song is amazing.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

HookShot posted:

Well, the song is amazing.

I'm on at 3:30 in the morning and very confused right now. :psyduck:

threat level tesco
Jul 2, 2007
Took a few listens but yep, I love it.

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...
ForeverMusick.com is claiming to have it. Sounds legit.

Edit: I was worried this track was going to be a little preachy, but it's so up beat and fun that it completely avoids the soap box. I'm going to be humming the melody all day. Super Catchy.

Mediant fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Feb 11, 2011

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
It's also on Gaga Daily.

Found an international feed of KISS FM and heard it on their premiere.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Eeeeee!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!

It's here.

http://perezhilton.com/2011-02-11-lady-gaga-born-this-way-single-premiere-debut

somnambulist fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Feb 11, 2011

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
It's like someone ran a finger up my spine. So good.

slow hands
Feb 5, 2005
we slow hands
It's good, but it's not flooring me. :(

At the same time...it's new gaga :unsmith:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The more you listen to it the better it gets, too.

Had it on repeat since my first post about it, like 40 minutes ago.

edit: also, this needs to happen: Lady Gaga Megathread - Don't be a drag, be a queen

HookShot fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Feb 11, 2011

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I love it, even if it's basically a more upbeat revamped Madonna Express Yourself. It's very catchy and it's going to be played in my car for a long time :3

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

The lyrics definitely fit better than I thought they would :)

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Yeah the song is loving amazing and has my excitement for the album skyrocketing

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.

slow hands posted:

It's good, but it's not flooring me. :(

At the same time...it's new gaga :unsmith:

I feel the same way; it could be because I loved Bad Romance from the first listen and still listen to it now. But yeah, I'm sure it'll grow on me, and it's new Gaga, which means new videos and new live performances.

Also still disappointed over the chola/orient lines. :(

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Cut out the spoken word bits for a radio edit and you've got a pretty good song.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

I want to grind this song up and snort the gently caress out of it.

Seriously, I was kinda :rolleyes: when I read the lyrics, but holy poo poo.

edit: \/\/\/\/ Yeh I avoided the hype completely, somehow. To me this is just a really goddamn catchy dance song with some glitchy synths backing it.

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Feb 11, 2011

Pig Boots
Apr 10, 2009

literally me
I'm disappointed (and so are a loooooot of other people), but hopefully it'll grow on me. Maybe I need to listen to it when I'm not so tired?

I wish it were slower and more like how she sang the snippet at the VMAs.

Too much hype, Gaga :(

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I can dig it.

somnambulist posted:

I love it, even if it's basically a more upbeat revamped Madonna Express Yourself. It's very catchy and it's going to be played in my car for a long time :3

I was thinking the same thing.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Welp, I know what I'm going to be listening to all day at work

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I like it. I don't love it though. I'll have to listen to it a few more times though. I still think You And I Should have been the lead single cause holy poo poo that song was amazing from the first few seconds and did nothing but get better.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
This does sound very, very similar to 'Express Yourself' by Madonna, but I'm okay with that. Artists have been inspired by or working off of the work of others since, well, as long as they've been artists. I don't see how anybody can object to Gaga doing it, if she has done it, when TV shows do it all the time and nobody seems to object to that.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Jesus christ, love the intro, love the whole song. Gaga outdid herself again.

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!

TheJoker138 posted:

Well obviously. I'm just saying it was kind of annoying. :v:

Love this

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm gonna need some time on this song.

It's so completely different from what I expected that I'm not sure what to think yet.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Very Madonna-ish. Something about it makes me start singing Enrique Iglesias' I Like It over top of it.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

It's also up on iTunes now.
US and UK

No iTunes over here though :sigh:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Zune store hasn't put it up yet either, so I'm stuck with youtube till MS get on the loving ball here.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Picked it up on iTunes and listened to it 3 times and I love it already :3:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

TheJoker138 posted:

I like it. I don't love it though. I'll have to listen to it a few more times though. I still think You And I Should have been the lead single cause holy poo poo that song was amazing from the first few seconds and did nothing but get better.

For whatever reason it seems like she just doesn't do ballad singles. Speechless really should have been the single Alejandro was.

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
It's gonna have to grow on me, although I did only listen to it once, just now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Target rumors were true. They have the album up for pre-order now, and you can get either the regular version or deluxe edition, which has 3 bonus songs and 5 remixes. You get an instant free download of the single no matter what you buy.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Holy poo poo, what a great single. The comparisons to Express Yourself are entirely accurate; it's the same chord progression.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
New Lady Gaga is...meh. I don't like the beat much. It sounds like standard eurobeat trance. It doesn't have the same kick as "Roma (ma ma ma), GAGA, roma (ma ma ma)". It just sounds...safe. I was hoping that with this album she'd shed the more trance undertones and embrace the sound of songs like Speechless and Dance in the Dark.

I really hope it's a grower. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

I guess the reason why I don't like that song so much compared to some of her previous ones is this:
Gaga has become as successful and iconic as she has because from the beginning, she has appealed to casual listeners and non-fans. Songs like "Just Dance," "Poker Face," "Bad Romance," and "Telephone" could be loved by anyone and everyone, and they were. "Born This Way" however alienates half of her listening fan-base, though; I don't see radio latching on, and I don't see straight men or women singing and dancing along to this one at all. Sad, cause she was always able to create smash hits that were for everyone, not just her gays.

• Locked thread