Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

1) It's a bit childish, but I can't really see anything illegal about it

2) Laugh at the keeper for being a tit and award the goal surely

3) Goal? Tell the defenders to shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Pretty easy ones actually.

1. Goal, as long as they're not blocking the Goalkeepers vision theres nothing wrong with what they're doing.

2. Goal again, the ball hasn't crossed the line so its still in play.

3. Again, unless the attackers have grabbed a defender each and hauled them out the way thats perfectly legal.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
One: possibly give warnings for unsporting behaviour and card them for it, but in practise don't think you'd do anything.

There is absolutely no foul in either two or three.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
1. Tell them to cut it out. If they don't, caution for USB. Attempting to verbally distract an opponent is a mandatory caution.

2. Goal. Same way you don't stop play if a player performing a tackle slides off the pitch.

3. Goal. This is not impedance!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bhyo posted:

1. Goal, as long as they're not blocking the Goalkeepers vision theres nothing wrong with what they're doing.

There's neither goal nor any decision for a goal pending in the first one. It's just the decision whether you do something about the opposition players .

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

JingleBells posted:

that looks nothing like Torres

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

JingleBells posted:

1. Tell the players they're professionals and to stop with the childish badgering. Have the penalty taken.

2. Ball is still in play, give the goal and give a yellow each for leaving and entering the pitch without permit.

3. Have it retaken unless it's Italians bitching.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

JingleBells posted:

1) It's a bit childish, but I can't really see anything illegal about it

2) Laugh at the keeper for being a tit and award the goal surely

3) Goal? Tell the defenders to shut up
1) No. Waving your arms about is not an offence.

2) Absolutely a goal. It's the ball that matters, not the players, and I'd expect the goalie's manager to give him a proper rollicking at the next break for not only not playing to the whistle, but doing it because of a rule he's made up in his head.

3) No-one is impeding anyone. They could quite easily move to another position, jump to get a better view, or simply put a couple of tall lads behind a couple of short lads who could tell the rest of the team what's going on. Give the goal.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I've never seen it before when all three answers are "do nothing".

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012

Mickolution posted:

I've never seen it before when all three answers are "do nothing".

this looks to me like one of the bullshit ones where there is some minor technicality that hasn't been used since 1998 and only someone sitting down in front of a copy of the rulebook would know about

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Robert Patrick posted:

the guardian couldn't afford the appearance fee

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

SteadfastMeat posted:

1. loving poofs, ruining the country. Get the Tories to make homosexuality illegal and chuck those faggots in jail
2. He already knows you're considering calling it a foul. You're as good as dead
3. Send off the smelly greasy one and tag him in the resulting photo on Facebook

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

2 is technically 2 yellows for deliberately leaving and then re-entering the field of play without permission. Key words being technically and deliberately

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

I am sure that Keith Hackett thinks that 1 is "tell them to knock it off, then book them if they don't"; but the goalkeeper who's actually distracted by that is far too poo poo to be playing for whoever he's playing for.

2 and 3, you don't need permission to leave the field during a natural playing motion, or to stand in front of someone. Personally, I'm more concerned about why the referee in all three situations has allowed them to play football with an apricot instead of a football...

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

1. Caution the attacking players for unsporting behaviour.
2. The goal stands, the attacker is allowed to step off the field and back on like that, the keeper should play to the whistle.
3. Now, it's not really specified, but it says it's a "free kick in the area", which I presume means in the box. Is there ever a case where there would be a direct FK in the box? Or are they always indirect (e.g. if the keeper picks up a backpass)? Because if only indirect free kicks are given then the goal is disallowed since the taker kicked it straight in. Restart play with a goal kick.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

2 is technically 2 yellows for deliberately leaving and then re-entering the field of play without permission. Key words being technically and deliberately

So players should be getting permission every time they go off to collect a ball for a throw in or corner?

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
Good spot, irlZaphod!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

sassassin posted:

So players should be getting permission every time they go off to collect a ball for a throw in or corner?

Strawman mate, play is stopped during before throw ins and corners.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Healbot posted:

Strawman mate, play is stopped during before throw ins and corners.

The law allows players to step off the field during natural playing movements so its a complete non issue.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Bhyo posted:

The law allows players to step off the field during natural playing movements so its a complete non issue.

It's pretty much the exact scenario shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxJ9wdXXbwY

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

JingleBells posted:

It's pretty much the exact scenario shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxJ9wdXXbwY

in this though it's berbatovs momentum that carries him off the field. In the strip a player is running in one direction then deliberately exits the field of his own accord.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

in this though it's berbatovs momentum that carries him off the field. In the strip a player is running in one direction then deliberately exits the field of his own accord.
you're allowed do that, players do it all the time.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
As trin said, leaving the field in #2 is completely a non-issue. The point of the rule is to stop twattish behaviour, not to disrupt someone just playing football.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

1. Tell the players to stop, caution them if they continue. Unless the fans are throwing things, you can't really do anything.

2. Goal. Who cares if the attacker ran out of the field of play? This isn't the NFL.

3. It's an indirect free kick in the area. Unless it touched someone else before the ball went in the net, it essentially becomes a goal kick.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

This is now a game of "Figure out Hackett's technicality" because in reality you really would do gently caress all.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Dudley posted:

This is now a game of "Figure out Hackett's technicality" because in reality you really would do gently caress all.

yeah i'm not disagreeing with people in that 2 should be a goal but that's what i reckon the answer will be

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

SteadfastMeat posted:

1. Send off all the poofs, award a direct free kick to the goalkeepers team from the point of infringement.
2. Award a penalty to the mutant's team, send off the defender. Hope you don't die.
3. Walk up to the greasy player, tell him he smells. Suddenly become irrate, send him off. Claim in match notes player told you to gently caress yourself.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Ace thread.

1) I'd say that this technically comes under unsporting behaviour. I know Dudek/Grobellaar have supposedly put off players before with their movement, but this is more blatant and calculated.

2) Nothing wrong here, the ball is all that matters.

3) I can't think of how this wouldn't be allowed, attacking players currently stand in the ball as it is.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

1. Tell them to stop, start showing cards and taking names if they carry on.

2. I'm sure there's some bollocks about gaining an advantage by leaving the field of play, but yeah really it shouldn't be applied in that situation. It's more for things like dodging the offside flag and so on. Goal stands.

3. Assuming the shot didn't go directly in (surely an indirect free kick if inside the area) goal stands.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Robert Patrick posted:

Then how did you know it was meant to be him?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Hackett's answers:

1) There's not much you can do about the fans, but you can be proactive and address the behaviour of the players. Delay the kick and call over the attacking side's captain. Let him know that if his players continue, you will start cautioning them for what is clearly unsporting behaviour.

2) It's a goal. One of the first phrases drilled into every youngster by youth coaches is "play to the whistle". The keeper's rather arrogant failure to do that has cost his side a goal. Players are allowed to leave the field without permission during open play if they're doing so in order to beat an opponent.

3) Ignore the defenders' complaints – it's up to them to defend the kick, and there's nothing in the laws to stop opponents standing near a defensive wall so long as they don't attempt to break it physically. But the defenders shouldn't be too worried: it's not a goal either because it was an indirect free kick inside the area, and the ball didn't touch anyone else on the way into the net. Award a goal kick.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

CaptainRightful posted:

Then how did you know it was meant to be him?

it says so on the website

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I should be a ref. You guys all suck.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

peanut- posted:

Hackett's answers:

1) There's not much you can do about the fans, but you can be proactive and address the behaviour of the players. Delay the kick and call over the attacking side's captain. Let him know that if his players continue, you will start cautioning them for what is clearly unsporting behaviour.

2) It's a goal. One of the first phrases drilled into every youngster by youth coaches is "play to the whistle". The keeper's rather arrogant failure to do that has cost his side a goal. Players are allowed to leave the field without permission during open play if they're doing so in order to beat an opponent.

3) Ignore the defenders' complaints – it's up to them to defend the kick, and there's nothing in the laws to stop opponents standing near a defensive wall so long as they don't attempt to break it physically. But the defenders shouldn't be too worried: it's not a goal either because it was an indirect free kick inside the area, and the ball didn't touch anyone else on the way into the net. Award a goal kick.

Oh come on, how the hell are we supposed to know that #3 was indirect?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Argyle posted:

Because it's a freekick inside the box?

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Vando posted:

Because it's a freekick inside the box?

Oh yes.

I am not the ref.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Argyle posted:

The question that separates the men from the boys...

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
:siren:IT'S FRIDAY:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets